A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical Scribe - new transition from transcription - als

Posted: May 14, 2013

Seems to be the new transition from transcription.

Definitely seeing this more in my local job search, too, in - doc offices and in the ER. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

in florida - radMT

[ In Reply To ..]
i too see this as the new wave of job. and it pays $10/hr (if i remember correctly from the ad). Hiring in local ERs here in south florida. So much for the practitioner entering his/her own information.

ER Med Scribe - als

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes ERs and doctor offices. Yes about $10 to $12/hr. The ER wants mostly med students.
Doctors work - als
[ In Reply To ..]
You basically follow the doc around and take notes to be entered into patient record, H&P, etc. Not much typing.

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Anyone Transition To MT/Editor To Copy Proofing Or Editing Non-medical?
Mar 09, 2015

Just wondering if anyone has been able to cross over to that field?  I'm currently working on my first proof/editing job for a novel written by a family member for free as a favor to them and really enjoy that type of work versus the structured MT/Editor work I've done for over a decade.  I would love to get out of MT all together if possible and was wondering if any of you were able to make that transition.  Thanks in advance! ...

Legal Transcription - Transition Into Something Different
Jan 23, 2013

I have all these years of MT experience, but ready to transition into something different, specifically, legal transcribing. Most places (usually law firms) prefer that one have some experience either with legal transcription oreither be a paralegal or law student intern.  Is there a way I can somehow seamlessly transition into legal transcribing without all of that? ...

Transition From Transcription To Billing/Coding
Nov 14, 2011

I am a medical transcriptionist that has been typing radiology the last 11 years. My job is going to be phased out by voice recognition soon. I'm thinking of going back to school for medical billing/coding. Has anyone else made this transition? Do you like or hate it? ...

Wanting To Transition To At-home Transcription
Mar 12, 2012

Hi, I currently work full-time at a University Hospital in Iowa in the Department of OB/GYN and have been transcribing in this department for 8 years.  I transcribe for the residents and since their notes are so detailed I have experience in typing about other medical conditions besides just gynecology/ob related.  I have an hour commute one way and I am seriously thinking of quitting this job and trying at-home transcription so I can be closer to my daughter during the day.  She ...

I Just Saw An Ad For A Medical Scribe
Jun 25, 2010

I just saw an ad for a Medical Scribe.  The description is that the MT accompanies the doc from room to room to see patients, sits at the computer in the room and transcribes the H&P/procedure while doc is doing the exam.  Starting pay was $17/hr with full benefits.  Anybody ever heard of this?  I think it's a good idea, leaves the doc hands free to tend to the patient.  It sounds a little like being a court reporter as far as "live" dictation being done. ...

Becoming A Medical Scribe...
Jun 06, 2014

Has anyone considered becoming a medical scribe, currently a medical scribe or know of someone who is?  Pay scale?  I'm thinking of turning my career in that direction and gathering as much information as I can.  Thanks!   ...

Medical Scribe
Mar 12, 2015

Hi everyone - I am a long term lurker on this site. I have been a transcriptionist for 24 years, working as an independent MTSO, inhouse acute care, working at home for acute care, and also for several online companies. I was burned out and gave up transcription to become a personal care attendant, which I loved, but it cut my pay in half. I then got hired as a medical scribe for a cardiology group and I just wanted to tell you how invigorated I have become and now in love I am with this positio ...

Medical Scribe Job Openings
Apr 23, 2011

I have been seeing more and more job openings for Medical Scribes.  They are even showing up as part of other job descriptions.  The ads that are strictly for a Medical Scribe state no prior experience needed and sometimes only a high school diploma as their only requirement – no Medical Transcription education or experience.  Pay $10 an hour.  Anyone else noticing this?   One of many ads I am seeing:  …full time Registered Nurse for an office/c ...

Anyone Looked Into Being A Medical Scribe?
Dec 04, 2014

Just a thought, has anyone looked into being a medical scribe?  I am not sure what the difference is compared to what we do as MTs.  Do any of you?  There seems to be more of a need for them out in the real world.  ...

Medical Scribe Responsibilities
Mar 15, 2015

Just saw an ad in my rural area for a scribe, M-F, 7-5.  Isn't that 50 hours a week?  I've been wondering what the responsibilities of a scribe would be, though this could certainly vary depending on the practice and its location.  This practice is paying $8/hour.  How on earth would a scribe write/type fast enough to keep up with real-time conversations between doc and patient, and get everything in the record before being rushed into the next patient visit?  At least MTs hav ...

Was Looking At Medical Scribe Position Last Night
May 23, 2012

Has this been discussed?  This looks like something we could do. ...

Local Hospital Looking For Medical Scribe
Oct 01, 2012

Anyone down what an MA certificate is. There is a local hospital looking for a Medical Scribe. It looks like there is where MT is heading. Any thoughts or comments? I am wondering if I should pursue this. I have a straight typing job now, but when it ends, as they all do, I want to still use my skills a job outside the home. ...

Medical Scribe Position Advertised In Dallas Area
Oct 31, 2011

Saw these ads posted in a Dallas paper: Ad #1 Medical Scribe Position We are a high volume podiatry practice in the Irving area. We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, good communication skills, and an ability to multitask. The scribe works to facilitate patient flow through the clinic and ensure an acurate and complete medical record for each patient. The scribe assists the medical provider by accompanying them during the medical history taking and exam, recording de ...

Med-Scribe Transcription
Apr 02, 2010

Those who have worked for Med-Scribe any info about the company good or bad??? Just wondering as I saw they were hiring. ...

Scribe Vs Transcription
Apr 25, 2013

Does anyone have any information on working as a scribe, directly following the physician and typing in the room with the patient? I was offered a position as a scribe in a local clinic. I have done transcription for many years, but never as a scribe. I'm kind of nervous about not being able to start/stop the dictation, use shortcut keys, etc. I was told with the platform they use, there is no way to make shortcuts. Everything will be straight typing and that I would need to keep u ...

U-Scribe Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

I received a call today from a recruiter at U-Scribe in response to a resume I must have sent in.  I have done some Google research as well as searched through this forum.  There's not much to be said about this company except that they are hiring.  The gentleman I spoke with today told me they are very backlogged.  He said a majority of their clients are from England, Ireland and Scotland.  This man was English.  He sent me two files to transcribe and return, ...

Does M-Scribe Technologies Still Do Transcription?
Apr 03, 2015

I'm going through my list of possible companies to work for and am wondering about M-Scribe. Their website only seems to advertise billing and coding so I am wondering if they got out of the transcription game in the last few years. Anyone know? ...

Transcription Buddy Vs. Express Scribe
Jul 27, 2013

Does anyone out there have pointers on how to get Transcription Buddy to work when we take online tests with companies?  I had read on this board that TB is preferable over ES because ES tends to install bugs and other undesirables on our computers.  Plus, ES wants money after 2 weeks of the free trial.  TB lets you try it for free for 30 days.  However, I tested today for a company and tried to use TB, without luck.  Ended up having to install ES to take the tests.  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Transcription Software - Any Preference Of Express Scribe Or Gear Player?
Nov 19, 2009

Does anyone have any preference of Express Scribe or Gear player?  Is one better than the other? ...

Reduce Background Noise On The Receiving End Of A Transcription With Express Scribe?
Apr 30, 2012

Hi everyone - first post - am I in the right place. Seems Gab Board doesn't want to talk MT. I'm sure I will be visiting them alot also. Can someone tell me if you can reduce backround noise on the receiving end of a transcription with Express Scribe?? ...

Anyone Pursuing Finding Work As A "medical Scribe"?
Jun 24, 2012

I've seen reference to this career path from time to time here....wondering if there's anything new to add?   I have a friend who recently went to work as an MT for a doctor's office.  She's typing the minor emergency room notes or same-day surgery notes or something like that.  Their PCPs do their own EHR, but she said the doctors really dislike having to do it, and it reduces the number of patients they can see each day.   As the EHR is implemented mor ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

What Is HB Medical Transcription???
Mar 06, 2010

I've been in the medical transcription industry for 16 years and dont have any clue what HB medical transcription is. There is a job posted which has been filled, but I for the life of me cannot figure that out, unless it is hispanic/bilingual.  Can someone help me out!  ...

VLC Medical Transcription
Jul 24, 2010

Does anyone know if the Virtual Learning Center still exists?  I am not getting any responses to emails to them.  The website has changed since the last time I looked at it.  Also, I thought they were supposed to be the third best of the top three medical transcription companies to learn from.  If they are not, who is?  ...

JLG Medical Transcription
Sep 09, 2010

Any info on JLG pros/cons, pay would be greatly appreciated. ...

Medical Transcription.
Jan 21, 2011

I have a certificate through Stratford Career Institute and have had a hard time trying to get employment. I don't have any prior experience in the medical transcription field and am very interested in getting pointed in the right direction on what to do from here on how I can further a career in this field. If anyone can be of some help please let me know. ...