A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone transcribed oral dental surgery reports and if so, - curiousmt

Posted: Oct 28, 2010

how difficult is this specialty to learn?  I consider ophthalmology very difficult.  Is it comparable to this?  Appreciate any and all comments.

oral maxillofacial clinic/surgery - longtime cmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a while for a clinic and did not think it was that difficult. It DID take me a while to learn some of the dental words and I would recommend the Stedman's book (or CD) but I made quite good money on this account, once I learned the words.

In the spirit of all comments, Curious, I found no specialty - Can-Do!

[ In Reply To ..]
particularly difficult to learn, especially once I had the Internet for research. It's the same terminology for you, so look it up and write it down the first time you hear it on a list kept right in front of you while you learn, but also in your expander with cross-search terms so you can find it again quickly.

Similar Messages:

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Oral Surgery Report - DOV?
Aug 19, 2011

the sentence: Composite XRV with "DOV" was placed to restore tooth.   thanks in advance ...

Missing Transcribed Reports
Nov 01, 2010

I'm missing any reports that were transcription.  I believe I have all my correction reports listed in statistics.  Has anyone else had this problem today?  My payscale is low enough, I don't need to be ripped off!! ...

Dental Surgery Term
Feb 04, 2014

It is for a broken mandible: "A "blue cheese" retractor was placed to aid visualization." TIA ...

Dental Surgery Tape
Oct 21, 2014

While doing an oral surgery note, the doc is stating what s/l "KHALLA" tape was then contoured....   Any ideas? I've checked all medical/dental/surgical sites I'm familiar with, but no luck.   Thank you in advance! ...

Dental Surgery - A *noctdramis*? *knocked Ramus*?
Dec 16, 2013

A small round diamond was used to equilibrate teeth numbers 3, 5, 13, 22, 20, and 29.  The area was again debrided and irrigated.  A *noctdramis*? *knocked ramus*? retractor was used to expose the anterior ascending ramus and a curved Kocher was used for retraction.   ...

Dental Surgery - Tooth 6 Had S/l Mesiofacial Distal Decay
Jan 15, 2010

Tooth 6 had s/l mesiofacial distal decay and s/l mesiofacial distal composite was placed.  Tooth 8 had s/l distofacial decay and a s/l distofacial composite was placed. ...

Dental Surgery: "A Blue 'shof-ee' Plate Was Then Fitted To The Area And Put In Place&
Nov 04, 2010

Dental surgery: "A blue 'shof-ee' plate was then fitted to the area and put in place" (after IMF) ...

Dental Surgery,s/l "Ferret" Throat Pack"
Sep 20, 2014

It's not often I do a dental surgery and it sure sounds like he is clearly saying "Ferret" throat pack at the beginning of the surgery.  All I seem to come up with in searching is real ferret dental information.  Anyone out there ever heard of "Ferret" throat pack for dental surgery?  ...

Dental - Do We Get A Dental Card?
Jan 08, 2013

I signed up for dental coverage for the first time this year.  I haven't received anything.  Does anyone know if we are supposed to receive a dental card?  Thanks ...

Oral Secretions
Oct 27, 2010

Child who just had tonsillectomy. His oral secretions are thick and s/l row-be. suggestions? ...

S/l Tip-tick -- Oral Lesion
Jul 12, 2011

This is probably something painfully obvious that is escaping me.  Young male who bit his lip.  exam "Slight (s/l typtic) area on the lip."  Treatment recommended is Orabase and salt water cleansing.   ...

Ovasense Oral Contraceptives.
Jan 30, 2012

Doc is prescribing oral contraceptives called "Ovasense".  Not turning anything up on Google, Bing, rxlist.com, drugs.com, epocrates.com.  Please help! ...

Is This Transcribed Right?
Dec 21, 2009

She’s had a T&A of tubal ligation. ...

ROS Transcribed
May 07, 2010

When transcribing review of systems are they capitalized? Cardiovascular, GI, GU, etc or cardiovascular, GI, GU etc. ...

Thought About Dictators With Oral Diarrhea.
Feb 01, 2010

I think that part of a physician's training/internship or whatever should be to have 6 months to 1 year of being an MT before they start practicing medicine.  Maybe that would help.  Of course, then they would all know how to type their own reports and the need for us will diminish...yet, a physician's time is apparently very precious...so maybe not.  Just thinking outloud, never gonna happen. ...

Oromucosa Versus Oral Mucosa?
Feb 19, 2010

I've always used oral mucosa but in looking up a prior report today saw an MT had transcribed it as "Oromucosa is moist." Have I been doing it wrong all this time??? How do you transcribe this? TIA :) ...

S/l Toothex To Keep Her Oral Cavity Moist??
Aug 18, 2010

nm ...

Oral Cavity Opened And Suspended From The
May 02, 2012

nm ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Novara (oral Contraception)? Nm
Feb 24, 2015

.. ...

Do I Have This Transcribed Correctly?
Feb 09, 2010

I transcribed D5.45 normal saline.  Is D5.45 correct, or how would you transcribe it? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If I Have This Transcribed Correctly
Feb 10, 2010

I am not familiar with the terminology and I want to make sure I have this transcribed correctly.  This is what I have, "CT of the head shows an old posterotemporal, intraparietal, and right occipital cerebrovascular accident."   Is this correct? ...

Is This Correctly Transcribed
Apr 17, 2010

Cholesterol profile:  Total cholesterol 182, LDL 120, HDL 82, triglycerides 75. ...

It's Been 100 Years Since I Transcribed ...
Oct 06, 2010

ob/gyn.  What's the correct way to transcribe G3 P2 012 ? ...

Several Hundred Cc's...would That Be Transcribed
Dec 01, 2010

several hundred cubic centimeters? ...

Have Transcribed 30 Yrs, Been Away From It 4 Yrs, Almost Done With MT School To Get RMT, How Can I F
Dec 08, 2010

I was a transcriptionist for 30 years. I have been away from it the last 4 years, except I am a full time online MT student at an approved school through AHDI. I'm due to graduate in July and get my RMT, then I want to get my CMT. I can't find a job transcribing! Does anyone have any suggestions? Everyone seems to want someone with "recent" experience. I haven't forgotten much after transcribing 30 years and I need a job! Help, please! ...

'oral' Left Ventricular Ejection Fraction
Feb 26, 2010

ESL s/l "oral" left ventricular ejection fraction.  ...

Patient Anemic....did Not Require S/l Oral Transfusion?
Apr 09, 2010

I know I learn something every day in this business, but I've never heard of this.  She's very, very clear, but I'd like to know for sure before I QA.  Thanks!  For context, this is the complete statement: She was found to have a hemoglobin as low as 7.8 and was sent to the emergency room.  This did not require an s/l oral transfusion.   ...

QA'd A Report From An ILP-transcribed Hospital
Mar 31, 2011

A dictator fed up with a word being repeatedly typed incorrectly (and didn't even exist by the way) by the ILPs, after repeating what he wanted multiple times said:  I have now made this clear to the dumbest person under the sun.  Please type correctly.  Wow.  Guess what, stop letting ILPs type your reports, you may just get things right.  Too bad they are making us look bad.  ...

Transtech - Is It All VR Or Are There Some Transcribed Accounts?
May 10, 2011

This board has some TT posts, some good and some bad. My questions are: 1)  Is it all VR or are there some transcribed accounts? 2)  What do they pay; is it per line or per report (Radiology)? Thanks. ...