A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do I have this transcribed correctly? - cloverport

Posted: Feb 09, 2010

I transcribed D5.45 normal saline.  Is D5.45 correct, or how would you transcribe it?

what is the .45? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is usually D5 1/2 normal saline or D5 1/4 normal saline.

Some type it D5 quarter normal saline, but AAMT says to use numbers...

Hope that helps

Hmmm.... - cloverport

[ In Reply To ..]
The doctor states that the patient was given D5 45 normal saline at 92 mL/hr???? Does that help any? I have heard D5 half-normal saline, but this one is throwing me off. Any help is greatly appreciated. :-)

Similar Messages:

Can Anyone Tell Me If I Have This Transcribed Correctly
Feb 10, 2010

I am not familiar with the terminology and I want to make sure I have this transcribed correctly.  This is what I have, "CT of the head shows an old posterotemporal, intraparietal, and right occipital cerebrovascular accident."   Is this correct? ...

Is This Correctly Transcribed
Apr 17, 2010

Cholesterol profile:  Total cholesterol 182, LDL 120, HDL 82, triglycerides 75. ...

Is This Transcribed Right?
Dec 21, 2009

She’s had a T&A of tubal ligation. ...

ROS Transcribed
May 07, 2010

When transcribing review of systems are they capitalized? Cardiovascular, GI, GU, etc or cardiovascular, GI, GU etc. ...

It's Been 100 Years Since I Transcribed ...
Oct 06, 2010

ob/gyn.  What's the correct way to transcribe G3 P2 012 ? ...

Several Hundred Cc's...would That Be Transcribed
Dec 01, 2010

several hundred cubic centimeters? ...

Have Transcribed 30 Yrs, Been Away From It 4 Yrs, Almost Done With MT School To Get RMT, How Can I F
Dec 08, 2010

I was a transcriptionist for 30 years. I have been away from it the last 4 years, except I am a full time online MT student at an approved school through AHDI. I'm due to graduate in July and get my RMT, then I want to get my CMT. I can't find a job transcribing! Does anyone have any suggestions? Everyone seems to want someone with "recent" experience. I haven't forgotten much after transcribing 30 years and I need a job! Help, please! ...

Missing Transcribed Reports
Nov 01, 2010

I'm missing any reports that were transcription.  I believe I have all my correction reports listed in statistics.  Has anyone else had this problem today?  My payscale is low enough, I don't need to be ripped off!! ...

QA'd A Report From An ILP-transcribed Hospital
Mar 31, 2011

A dictator fed up with a word being repeatedly typed incorrectly (and didn't even exist by the way) by the ILPs, after repeating what he wanted multiple times said:  I have now made this clear to the dumbest person under the sun.  Please type correctly.  Wow.  Guess what, stop letting ILPs type your reports, you may just get things right.  Too bad they are making us look bad.  ...

Transtech - Is It All VR Or Are There Some Transcribed Accounts?
May 10, 2011

This board has some TT posts, some good and some bad. My questions are: 1)  Is it all VR or are there some transcribed accounts? 2)  What do they pay; is it per line or per report (Radiology)? Thanks. ...

When Do You Proofread Your Transcribed Report?
Aug 05, 2011

Hi all, When do you proofread your transcribed report?  Do you wait until you are finished or do you proofread each section when finished?  And, do you ever get faster?  I'm afraid if I wait until I'm finished I will not remember things.  Also, do you re-listen to the dictation or not?  Thanks.  Many questions.    KB.  ...

I Forget. How Are Classes Transcribed? Sm
Jan 18, 2012

Class four heart disease. ...

Foreign-transcribed Records
Aug 17, 2014

A friend of mine who works in a medical office told me this afternoon that they've started getting records that are transcribed overseas. She said the records are done so badly that they can't use them, can't trust that the information in them is correct. When I told her my job may go away soon & be sent to India, she said "it can't!" She said these records are obviously done by people who don't speak English. What I don't understand is how work can still be off ...

Paycheck Less Even Though Transcribed More Lines Than Previous
Nov 10, 2009

It is beyond me how I made less on my pay check, but typed over 1500 more lines than last pay period.   ?  Anyone else notice that?  ...

Transcribed Work Search Question.
Mar 10, 2010

When searching for a dictator, I keep getting "No matches were found for the Client Facility details you entered." even when I tried putting in a dictator that dictates a lot.  Anyone else having that problem? ...

Pay By Transcribed Minute Vs Line Rate
Mar 24, 2010

Any comments on compensation by transcribed time (i.e.$1.25/minute) versus per line (i.e. $.09/65 character line with spaces)?  Any actual experience being paid by transcription minute?  Advantages/disadvantages?  Thanks. ...

Same Pay Rate For Edited & Transcribed Lines?
Jan 26, 2012

My employer has recently gone from straight transcription to VR (using MedQuist's DocQSpeech). At this point, after 4 months on VR, production is up 11% overall.  The employer says they believe it will go up 48% overall (60% for VR lines, no change of course for transcribed lines, 80% of lines VR). At this point, indeed, at least 80% of lines are VR.  (The quality of the VR output, however, is pretty bad.) We're union, and I'm one of the MTs participating in the wage ...

Transcribed As Dictated On Verbatim Account
Jan 27, 2015

The dictator clearly dictated a word with an apostrophy following it.  The word actually has an accent mark following the last letter, but he specifically dictated an apostrophy.  I got it marked as an error. I don't get it -- it was a verbatim account -- I did what he said - and now it's error.  Frustrated!!!! ...

DQS Does Not Seem To Be Working Correctly.
Dec 04, 2009

Not sure why is it not working and I cant get into DQM. ...

Would Like To Know If I Am Typing This Correctly SM
Mar 14, 2010

Dictated:  ....recently diagnosed with 1p minus and 4q minus deletions. Transcribed:  ...recently diagnosed with 1p- and 4q- deletions. ...

Is This Punctuated Correctly?
Aug 05, 2010

history of stage IIIA, T4, N2, M0, non-small-cell lung cancer.     ...

How To Write Something Correctly
Sep 02, 2010

Dictated as "a year and a half ago." Do I type it as such or do I change to 1-1/2 years ago?? Thanks for your help! ...

They Are Calculating OT Correctly
Sep 21, 2012

Heard back from the Department of Labor who verified that OT is calculated correctly.  Per the client library, FAQ June 2012, it is calculated as an hourly rate and then we are paid 50% of that.  They recalculate this every pay period based on how many lines we did, divided by 80.  Just updating everyone.  ...

Please Oh Please Spell Your Kid's Name CORRECTLY!
Aug 11, 2013

Anybody else work for a Peds clinic and get driven CRAZY due to the odd spelling of all of these kid names these days?  It seems like almost every single time, I spell the name wrong and when I check for correction on my list, I always have to change it, which I cannot do until the END of the report!  I am so tired of these names:  Jennipher, Ryleigh, Austen, Allysin, Emilee.  I mean, what was wrong with Jennifer, Riley, Austin, Allison and Emily?  Why did we have to cha ...

Is There Anybody Out There Who Still Knows How To Use Punctuation Correctly?
Feb 21, 2014

I don't want to be too harsh, but some people need to go back to English class. All I do all day long is correct really, really basic, childish, stupid punctuation mistakes. Granted, most of them really don't make a different in the meaning of the sentence, but how would you feel if you were the one reading your medical report and it looked like crap or maybe faulty punctuation did change the meaning of what was in your report? Some representative examples I see all the time: S ...

Has Anyone Transcribed Oral Dental Surgery Reports And If So,
Oct 28, 2010

how difficult is this specialty to learn?  I consider ophthalmology very difficult.  Is it comparable to this?  Appreciate any and all comments. ...

Fee To Charge For Emailing Or Faxing Transcribed Documents
Mar 08, 2012

I have a new client that would like for me to transcribe their reports which I do all the time, so no problem.  They would like to send the reviewed/edited letter back to me to either attach and email or fax.  Any suggestions on a per letter price?  I would not have long distance charges for faxing.  Thank you! ...

Can Someone Please Explain The Legality In Only Paying For 88% Of Transcribed Lines?
Dec 14, 2014

How is Nuance able to legally justify paying only 88% of typed lines?  I am really curious if anyone has any indea how that can be done.  They are obviously trying to get transriptionists to leave in significant numbers.  There must be some motive we are not seeing.  This must be some attempt to get transcriptionists to leave in large quantities.  What other explanation could there possibly be? ...

How Would This Sentence Sound Correctly?
Oct 13, 2009

Dr says:   He did have, while after a long day of hiking at Philmont, he had decided to stretch himself out and had jumped up and was holding a bar or treetrunk with his feet off the ground, he then developed lightheadedness and a loss of consiousness. I am having brain block.. and nothing looks right. After a long day of hiking at Philmont, he had decided to stretch himself out and had jumped up, and was holding a bar or tree trunk with this feet off the ground. He then dev ...

How Do You Correctly Transcribe MmHg?
Mar 17, 2010

When transcribing mm of mercury is it mm/Hg or mmHg? Thanks ...