A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What jobs/degrees are you all heading for? - alphamt

Posted: Oct 24, 2010

A friend suggested transcribing for the deaf, requires passing a 180-200 wpm test from conversation.  Anyone done/doing this? 

It is a great consolation to get all of your support.  MT Stars is wonderful to give us this opportunity.  MQ never was able to maintain a professional forum.

No degrees, but I need to learn how to build a fire by - rubbing two sticks together, and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
how to make arrowheads, hunt, an gather wild berries, because the way things are going in this industry, and in fact the entire country, that's the only way a lot of us are going to be able to survive.

I am going for biomedical engineer. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
:

Similar Messages:

Wrist Range Of Motion 60/65 Degrees, Extension 60/60 Degrees, * Longation* 60/60 Degrees -sm
Oct 14, 2011

radiation 25 or 20 degrees.  Thanks ...

About Degrees In HIT And HIM
Jul 24, 2013

Do you have to have an associates degree in HIT to get a bachelor's degree in HIM? I was looking at some of the bachelor's degree in HIM programs, and some of them require this. ...

On EKG, He Gives Axis Measurement In Degrees, Then
Aug 04, 2010

says, "eighteen slash ten slash three four," and I am not sure how to transcribe the last part.  I am a long-time transcriptionist but have never heard the measurements given that way, so any help from you cardiology gurus would be much appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Back Extension And Side Bending Degrees Help
Apr 05, 2012

I am pretty new and trying to figure out what this doctor might be saying.  He is doing range of motion tests on a patient.  He says "Back extension (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  Then he says "side bending (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  The patient has severe neck pain.  I am not sure which value the doctor is saying.  Any suggestions? ...

To All MTs Who Claim To Make More Money Than Woman With BS Degrees.....
Jun 13, 2012

Those of you who claim to make TONS OF MONEY TYPING....  You are not straight typing MTs under regular circumstances IF I believe you...and I don't.   You probably work 7 days a week, all hours of the day like most MTs.  You DO NOT work a regular 8-hour day, 5 days a week and make that much money.  If that were true...there would be much more competition.  The only perk is being at home.  Period...End of story.  Stop trying to sell me your ocean front pro ...

Heading?
Apr 22, 2010

This doctor describes the preop/postop diagnoses, type of anesthesia, and gives the surgeon's name (all of which I made separate headings for as it seemed he was dictating them). After the surgeon's name, he goes into a short description of the patient and a few physical exam findings as they pertain to the procedure.  He does not dictate a heading or anything, although after his description of the patient, he dictates a new paragraph and a PROCEDURE heading.  Should I put a ...

Heading
Jul 17, 2014

Dr. says Problem hashtag.....brain fart....do I number the problems?  thanks. ...

Consultation Heading
Mar 05, 2010

talking about infected cysts under her arm in the axilla.  would this go under trunk or extremities?   Thank you ...

What PE Heading Does Buttocks Go Under? Thanks - Nm
Dec 22, 2011

x ...

Best Made Up ASR Heading I Have Seen
May 05, 2013

Dictated problem list: Transcribed problem ...

Heading To Work Now...
Aug 14, 2013

See y'all in 6 minutes.... :)   ...

Verbatim And Heading
Sep 13, 2013

AHDI has stated "that obvious headings that are not dictated may be inserted but this is not required."  Does anyone know if this applicable in verbatim accounts?  Has AHDI issued any new or different rules in regards to verbatim account? ...

Perineal Exam--heading In PE
Feb 18, 2010

I have a couple of doctors who dictate without giving headings--I'm supposed to add these.  What heading would I put "perineal exam" under in this report? He dictates it after the abdominal exam, but would that be the appropriate section to put this under?  I thought of pelvic, but it really isn't a pelvic (female patient). ...

HEADING LISTS IN DOCQSCRIBE 6.1
Apr 06, 2011

We have just updated to Docqscribe 6.1 at our facility. Does anyone know if you can use the heading list function just for straight typing as we do not ASR.     ...

Nature And Duration As A Heading??
May 12, 2012

I hear the doctor say Nature and Duration...Patient was admitted to ___ [PLACE]..... Is that right??? need serious help!! ...

What Is Wrong With DQS 7.1's ASR Heading System?
Sep 03, 2012

I thought that DQS 6 was bad, but this 7.1 certainly topped that one.  It seems to just randomly makes words headings whenever it feels like it.  Just now, on a dictation clear as day, in the middle of a sentence, it decided that the word "the" was to be a heading.  Why? ...

Whoever Found The Problems With Heading
Oct 15, 2012

If you find missing text at the end of a sentence and a heading following, restore the heading ctl+shift+H and it usually is hidden under there..dont know why but you know they arent gonna fix it, so may as well try especially on those hard to figure out words. ...

Doctor's Or Doctors In The Heading Of A Letter
Jan 07, 2010

In transcribing a letter should Doctor's be capitalized: Dear Doctor's or doctors?  ...

Another Capitalization--I Am Reading The AAMT, But I Am Thinking Because This Is The Heading(?) I Wo
Nov 30, 2009

Thereafter he was seen at the student health center where evaluation was undertaken. ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

"Active Range Of Motion Of The Left Knee Is Approximately 3rd To 100 Degrees"
Apr 07, 2010

"Active range of motion of the left knee is approximately 3rd to 100 degrees." Is "3rd to 100 degree" the correct way to transcribe it? Thanks! ...

For Review Of System, Would High Lipids Go Under Endocrine Heading Do You Think? If Not, What Would
Oct 18, 2009

nm ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Change Something In The Heading Of A Microsoft Word Template And E-save Th
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

Format "minus Two To Three Degrees Of Extension"
Jul 22, 2010

Hi,  I just had this dictated: "...minus two to three degrees of extension..." My account is strict BOS 3.  I'm not sure how do transcribe it. -2 to 3 degrees -2 to -3 degrees Help?  Thanks! ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Okay Downloaded The "fix" For The Heading Problem And Need The Address Or Website For Supp
Mar 26, 2011

Have no idea what it is.  Can someone provide it please!!!!!!  Thanks  P.S.  Do not download the fix! ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Since When Is "the Patient" A Heading??
Aug 08, 2012

This program is driving me nuts..how does it make headings in such stupid places???  the patient in red really??  And there is no rhyme or reason to when the program does it, so telling them what it is doing wont make a bit of difference..Other then to Stop making headings all together, it is soo much easier to create one then un-create one.. ...

Will We All Be Out Of Jobs?
Dec 02, 2009

These eScription, Nuance, EMR, etc. posts are all very sobering.  Does anybody think that we'll all be out of jobs in 5 years, 3 years???  and will we be cut loose quickly or slowly phased out?  given enough notice?? etc.??   I think I'm getting to the point where working in a grocery store is starting to look more and more appealing.  The thing that contradicts all this is that most of the companies constantly beg for extra work, higher production, consis ...