A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

perineal exam--heading in PE - starstruck

Posted: Feb 18, 2010

I have a couple of doctors who dictate without giving headings--I'm supposed to add these.  What heading would I put "perineal exam" under in this report? He dictates it after the abdominal exam, but would that be the appropriate section to put this under?  I thought of pelvic, but it really isn't a pelvic (female patient).

GU? or perineal exam? Either heading would work, depending on the client. - DRH

[ In Reply To ..]
see Subject.

Similar Messages:

Perineal Or Peroneal
Dec 16, 2009

Sensation shows a little right lateral calf tingling (history of perinoplasty), which could be perineal or L5.     do I have this right?  Perineal versus peroneal.  I assume it is right because I could not find a peroneoplasty procedure anywhere.   wasn't sure perineal would have to do with calf tingling??   thanks ...

Lacrimal Dilators For Perineal Lesion Excision?
Feb 09, 2013

I am doing a report for a doctor and surgery that I don't normally do.  The surgery is for excision of a perineal lesion and fistulous tract.  She says she uses lacrimal dilators.  It s/l lacrimal anyway but I can't seem to confirm that this is correct.   Using lacrimal dilators the wound tract was explored and found to approximately 4 cm in its greatest length but non-communicating with perianal glands or rectum.  There was a blind ended sac.  With the l ...

Transverse Vaginal Septum Resection Perineal ?
Feb 28, 2013

Can anyone help me with this word? The procedure says: "Transverse vaginal septum resection perineal ___." s/l roth-e-um Maybe she could be saying perineum ___? Thanks. ...

Heading?
Apr 22, 2010

This doctor describes the preop/postop diagnoses, type of anesthesia, and gives the surgeon's name (all of which I made separate headings for as it seemed he was dictating them). After the surgeon's name, he goes into a short description of the patient and a few physical exam findings as they pertain to the procedure.  He does not dictate a heading or anything, although after his description of the patient, he dictates a new paragraph and a PROCEDURE heading.  Should I put a ...

Heading
Jul 17, 2014

Dr. says Problem hashtag.....brain fart....do I number the problems?  thanks. ...

Consultation Heading
Mar 05, 2010

talking about infected cysts under her arm in the axilla.  would this go under trunk or extremities?   Thank you ...

What PE Heading Does Buttocks Go Under? Thanks - Nm
Dec 22, 2011

x ...

Best Made Up ASR Heading I Have Seen
May 05, 2013

Dictated problem list: Transcribed problem ...

Heading To Work Now...
Aug 14, 2013

See y'all in 6 minutes.... :)   ...

Verbatim And Heading
Sep 13, 2013

AHDI has stated "that obvious headings that are not dictated may be inserted but this is not required."  Does anyone know if this applicable in verbatim accounts?  Has AHDI issued any new or different rules in regards to verbatim account? ...

What Jobs/degrees Are You All Heading For?
Oct 24, 2010

A friend suggested transcribing for the deaf, requires passing a 180-200 wpm test from conversation.  Anyone done/doing this?  It is a great consolation to get all of your support.  MT Stars is wonderful to give us this opportunity.  MQ never was able to maintain a professional forum. ...

HEADING LISTS IN DOCQSCRIBE 6.1
Apr 06, 2011

We have just updated to Docqscribe 6.1 at our facility. Does anyone know if you can use the heading list function just for straight typing as we do not ASR.     ...

Nature And Duration As A Heading??
May 12, 2012

I hear the doctor say Nature and Duration...Patient was admitted to ___ [PLACE]..... Is that right??? need serious help!! ...

What Is Wrong With DQS 7.1's ASR Heading System?
Sep 03, 2012

I thought that DQS 6 was bad, but this 7.1 certainly topped that one.  It seems to just randomly makes words headings whenever it feels like it.  Just now, on a dictation clear as day, in the middle of a sentence, it decided that the word "the" was to be a heading.  Why? ...

Whoever Found The Problems With Heading
Oct 15, 2012

If you find missing text at the end of a sentence and a heading following, restore the heading ctl+shift+H and it usually is hidden under there..dont know why but you know they arent gonna fix it, so may as well try especially on those hard to figure out words. ...

Left "perineal" Craniotomy And Excisional Biopsy Of Suprasellar Tumor.
Oct 04, 2013

As dictated:  Left "perineal" craniotomy and excisional biopsy of suprasellar tumor. On separate operative report, it is listed as transnasal, transclival resection of retroclival mass. Should it be parietal craniotomy or is "perineal" right?  ...

Doctor's Or Doctors In The Heading Of A Letter
Jan 07, 2010

In transcribing a letter should Doctor's be capitalized: Dear Doctor's or doctors?  ...

Another Capitalization--I Am Reading The AAMT, But I Am Thinking Because This Is The Heading(?) I Wo
Nov 30, 2009

Thereafter he was seen at the student health center where evaluation was undertaken. ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

S/l "perineal Brevis Amonus Tendon"
Apr 08, 2010

doing MRI of the hind foot.  s/l doc is saying perineal brevis amonus tendon.  i know the perineal brevis is right but not sure what he is saying after brevis ...

Orthopedic Surgery, Is It Perineal Post Or Peroneal Post? NM
Feb 10, 2012

xx ...

For Review Of System, Would High Lipids Go Under Endocrine Heading Do You Think? If Not, What Would
Oct 18, 2009

nm ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Change Something In The Heading Of A Microsoft Word Template And E-save Th
Nov 02, 2010

nm ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

Okay Downloaded The "fix" For The Heading Problem And Need The Address Or Website For Supp
Mar 26, 2011

Have no idea what it is.  Can someone provide it please!!!!!!  Thanks  P.S.  Do not download the fix! ...

Since When Is "the Patient" A Heading??
Aug 08, 2012

This program is driving me nuts..how does it make headings in such stupid places???  the patient in red really??  And there is no rhyme or reason to when the program does it, so telling them what it is doing wont make a bit of difference..Other then to Stop making headings all together, it is soo much easier to create one then un-create one.. ...

Eye Exam - Help, Please And Thanks!
Nov 11, 2009

External exam, pupillary exam, and slitlamp examination of the anterior segment are normal both eyes intact, all tension is normal both eyes.  Undilated funduscopic examination with a 90-diopter revealed a question of mild nerve s/l "fiber alla" edema.  ...

Help In MSK Exam
Nov 20, 2009

Lasègue sign is negative bilaterally, flare sign negative bilaterally, Rayberg maneuver negative.  I cannot find flare, so not sure if it is flare or flair.  Have no clue has to Rayberg maneuver.  Thanks. ...

Eye Exam Help And Thanks
Jan 05, 2010

Slitlamp exam is normal.  Intraocular pressure by tactile is normal.  On dilated funduscopic exam, cup-to-disc ratio is 0.15 with sharp margins in both eyes (s/l maculo splat).  Dilated funduscopic exam is within normal limits both eyes.    ...

Can Anyone Take The RMT Exam?
Mar 23, 2010

...or are there pre-reqs?  I've looked at the main ahdi website, I just wasn't sure if when they say that you have to "apply" if that means they will look at your experience and either accept or deny you or whether applying is simply a formality so they know you want to take the test.Also, if you've already taken the test, what were some of the toughest sections (for you personally)?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. ...