A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Back extension and side bending degrees help - jc

Posted: Apr 05, 2012

I am pretty new and trying to figure out what this doctor might be saying.  He is doing range of motion tests on a patient.  He says "Back extension (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  Then he says "side bending (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  The patient has severe neck pain.  I am not sure which value the doctor is saying.  Any suggestions?

I wouldn't guess w/o listening - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
It could be either.

It's 15. I'm a back patient and have undergone both tests repeatedly personally. (nm) - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

15 - cc

[ In Reply To ..]
that's right its 15. I work for an orthopedic surgeon.

Similar Messages:

Wrist Range Of Motion 60/65 Degrees, Extension 60/60 Degrees, * Longation* 60/60 Degrees -sm
Oct 14, 2011

radiation 25 or 20 degrees.  Thanks ...

Format "minus Two To Three Degrees Of Extension"
Jul 22, 2010

Hi,  I just had this dictated: "...minus two to three degrees of extension..." My account is strict BOS 3.  I'm not sure how do transcribe it. -2 to 3 degrees -2 to -3 degrees Help?  Thanks! ...

Sounds Like Blake Side Or Plate Side Drainage
Jun 16, 2015

transcribing cardiology report. Patient has an LVAD and what sounds like "blake side" or "plate site" drainage treated with antibiotics. I am stumped. ...

There Is A Rib Hump On The Right When Bending Forward. Please Sm
Jan 10, 2010

No s/l hair-cu-ta-ne-ous lesions.  ...

About Degrees In HIT And HIM
Jul 24, 2013

Do you have to have an associates degree in HIT to get a bachelor's degree in HIM? I was looking at some of the bachelor's degree in HIM programs, and some of them require this. ...

On EKG, He Gives Axis Measurement In Degrees, Then
Aug 04, 2010

says, "eighteen slash ten slash three four," and I am not sure how to transcribe the last part.  I am a long-time transcriptionist but have never heard the measurements given that way, so any help from you cardiology gurus would be much appreciated.  Thanks. ...

What Jobs/degrees Are You All Heading For?
Oct 24, 2010

A friend suggested transcribing for the deaf, requires passing a 180-200 wpm test from conversation.  Anyone done/doing this?  It is a great consolation to get all of your support.  MT Stars is wonderful to give us this opportunity.  MQ never was able to maintain a professional forum. ...

Name Of Leg Extension
Mar 10, 2011

Dr. is describing a surgical history, states:  Left leg surgery with Harnshning extension....yeah, she spelled that word Harnshning, but I can't even come up with a google search for that one.  Any ideas??? ...

USB Extension
Feb 22, 2012

I am looking for something that will add more USB ports to my laptop.  I love my Toshiba Satellite, but it only has two USB ports.  I personally would not have bought it solely for that reason, but got it as a Christmas gift when my old one got worn out and died.  I am not having much luck finding what I am looking for.  I have been to the local Radio Shack, but the kid they hired looked at me like he was just absolutely dumbfounded when I asked.  Any suggestions to poin ...

Flexion/extension
Oct 20, 2009

the doctor is assesing a wrist injury and after addressing flexion and extension, goes into: "pulsar 1/2+, cap refil is 2 seconds"?? Any clue what he is saying? What is standard for the dr to cover on this type of injury? ...

CPC Course Through AAPC Extension
Jun 12, 2011

I'm taking the CPC coding course through AAPC.  I have four months to complete it, but haven't done so yet.  It says on their website that I can get an extension for $29.95 a month, but I can't find anywhere to send it?  Can somebody please help?  Thank's! ...

To All MTs Who Claim To Make More Money Than Woman With BS Degrees.....
Jun 13, 2012

Those of you who claim to make TONS OF MONEY TYPING....  You are not straight typing MTs under regular circumstances IF I believe you...and I don't.   You probably work 7 days a week, all hours of the day like most MTs.  You DO NOT work a regular 8-hour day, 5 days a week and make that much money.  If that were true...there would be much more competition.  The only perk is being at home.  Period...End of story.  Stop trying to sell me your ocean front pro ...

ICD10 Two Years Extension
May 18, 2012

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/ama-calls-2-year-extension-icd-10-deadline ...

Is There A Lateral Bending View Knee X-ray? "AP, Lateral, Sunrise
Feb 15, 2012

x ...

Time To Regroup; UE Extension Ends 12/29
Nov 18, 2012

I am almost 50 and have been in the MT field for over 25 years.  Certified, consultant, national sales rep, own company -- did all that and sold the T-shirts too.  Finally the stress of being an MTSO adversely affected my health so I resumed just being a regular ole MT.  That's a tangent, though... In the last 3 years, two hospital employers outsourced the MT Dept. Of course, both times we were ineligible for unemployment.  I went to work for a service who lai ...

"Active Range Of Motion Of The Left Knee Is Approximately 3rd To 100 Degrees"
Apr 07, 2010

"Active range of motion of the left knee is approximately 3rd to 100 degrees." Is "3rd to 100 degree" the correct way to transcribe it? Thanks! ...

Pt Had Dupuytren's Release. "Will Place Him Into A S/l Amleg Extension Splint" Nm T
Nov 25, 2009

x ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

MT On The Side?
May 29, 2013

I've been working as an RMT for about 6 years, but I miss working with patients, so I'm thinking about going back to medical assisting for the benefits, but doing MT on the side.  Anyone here have any experience with a similar situation?  ...

Side Affect
Dec 21, 2009

She has severe arthritis in the hips which is chronic and was attributed to previous use of steroids and due to cause (divedious). What could this word be? Does anyone know? ...

GI Side Effects, ??
Oct 15, 2010

"PMR - Methotrexate – GI side effects, s/l pratenazone.  Plaquenil 8/10-10/10 – nausea/vomiting.  Prednisone restarted 10/10." I'm not sure if she's describing the GI side effects or if she's describing another type of side effect, or maybe a different medication they tried instead.  There is nothing that sounds like that in the med list, except maybe prednisone, but that was restarted in place of the Plaquenil. ...

Q For The Spheris Side
Dec 10, 2010

I have a question, I used to work for Spheris about 5 years ago and am starting with MQ part time first of the year (on my old account even), but I higihly suspect they have switched that platform from TWS. Question is what platform do they use, is it good?  Do they supply ShortHand or do I need to furnish my own?  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks  ...

S/l Side Rigger Jig
Mar 07, 2011

Please help me with the words I have in quotation marks. I spelt it how it sounds. Thanks for any help in advance :) The "side rigger jig" was used to make an impression on the skin where the lateral spiral screw guide impacted the skin. ...

Dina Still A TL? She Was On WMX Side.
Jun 30, 2012

. ...

Has Anyone On Transcend Side
Dec 11, 2012

heard from their TSM today after the conference call or heard anything regarding the changes prior to today? Thanks ...

Employee Job With IC On The Side
Sep 23, 2013

If you are an employee and you get laid off do you still get unemployment benefits if you have an IC job with another company?  thanks.  ...

Does Having An IC Job On The Side Interfere
Feb 24, 2014

I live in IL and I've looked this up, but can't really find exactly what I'm looking for.  I could possibly lose my full-time employee position soon, and work just a few hours as an IC for another company.  I was wondering if I should quit my IC job now, or if that would be a red flag when I file for unemployment.  Another thing I've read is that if you accept an IC position while on unemployment, that since it is considered "self-employed" that it could possib ...

Anyone Here From Ambulatory Side?
Jun 25, 2014

I was just wondering if anyone posts here that work for the Nuance Ambulatory Care side of things.  All I see here are what appears to be posts from the acute care side and they are not very favorable.  I will probably get hung on this board for saying this, but so far things are pretty good on this side of the fence.  Same managers, same good accounts, plenty of work.  Flexible schedule.  Not crazy about all the logging in to everything (WorldClient, WebClock, Spark), b ...

Going To The Dark Side
Jul 17, 2014

I now work full time for an MTSO that does Nuance overflow and am relatively happy there.  The problem is I need to work part time for several important reasons which I won't go into.  Well to do so, I would have to accept a lower line rate (told thems the rules) and have to work fewer hours than I really need to (again told thems the rules).  I was thinking I might just do better working directly for Nuance with probably a better line rate and ability to work the number ...

For Those On Ambulatory Side
Aug 07, 2014

Do you have a set schedule?  From what I read this is more flexible and people seem happier.  Any input would be great! ...