A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MT Week - Remember the good ol' days? - no $

Posted: May 25, 2013

I remember looking forward to MT Week with my old favorite employers YOG and Encompass.  I'd go to the mailbox and actually get little gifts from them. Imagine that! With YOG I actually got more than one!  I still have that letter opener that is the bomb! No sarcasm. I really liked that. Little things mean a lot. Much better than a lecture from the rich powers that be, or an "opportunity" to maybe, just maybe, win a prize after gushing about how great your job has been.  And like one poster said a $25 gift card for everyone would have been nice.  Freaking greedy corporations can't spare $25 for the worker bees? 

MT Week - no $

[ In Reply To ..]
and if they really, really, really want to show appreciation for us, how about quit reducing our pay and benefits and give us a couple of real holidays? How about a real living wage?

Yup, I agree.. Even the big Q - coughed up

[ In Reply To ..]
*something*. I still have what looks to be a 3-1/2 diskette and a brush pops up out of it which is a keyboard (or tiny place) brush. It is neat and I have had it for several years. Transcend sent us all $25 gift cards to Target or Walmart one year. I guess where know what the end line is with Nuance, huh? :(

MT week - Cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
I can still remember when MedQuist gave us chapstick on a chain. Geez, Louise.

What?? - Empirelady

[ In Reply To ..]
You got a chain with your chapstick?? I must not have stayed around long enough for that one. I just got a plain chapstick. Sigh....

Still have mine, the top part anyway. sm - Blushing.

[ In Reply To ..]
While I did think it was a lame idea at the time, I still use the cap/keychain part of it. It fits most brands of lip balm sticks. Attach it to my backpack or belt loop and comes in handy on hikes and trips. And, at least, we all got one. I don't like this trend of competing against each other or counting on luck (random drawings) for a prize.

Similar Messages:

Do You Remember The Days When ......
Nov 12, 2009

You actually looked forward to getting the PA instead of the doctor because they were so much easier to hear, understand, etc., except for the fact that most of them have no clue when it comes to pronouncing medications and feel that it is above them to spell the medication out.  In my case it seems that the roles have flipped nowadays, I absolutely hate seeing the PA coming up and would rather do the doctor any day of the week!!     ...

I Remember The Days When...
Nov 26, 2011

Fresh out of a local vocational school for MT back in 1993,  I met with an established local MT, who allowed me to do a little of her work (with pay) to see how I would do because she wanted someone to take over on Fridays so she could have that day off.  Within a few months, she partnered with another transcriptionist in town for a separate account and gave me all the work from group that she was doing!  It was 5 docs and 2 NPs.  I did the work at her house on her computer. ...

Remember The Days
Nov 05, 2014

And there would be a ton of available jobs to choose from?  Now we're lucky if there are 2 or 3, and those would be snatched up by Nuance or M*Modal. ...

Remember Back In The Old Days, When
Dec 15, 2010

being an IC meant that YOU told the company when YOU wanted to work, or were available to work???  I wonder what happened to those days???  I always thought that if companies were going to stick you to a set schedule and yell at you all the time you may as well have employee status and at least receive benefits? ...

Transcription Week Days Only
Feb 25, 2013

I'm looking for some transcription company that only make you work week days or nites, closed on weekends.  I know there are some out there, would you email me me who some of them are please? ...

Tired Of 7 Days A Week And STILL Broke
Oct 20, 2012

I am SO tired of 7 days a week at the computer, scrapping for work.  Actual rate of pay figures out to about $10.50 per hour.  I used to be able to do 200 lph no sweat.  All these crazy platforms and HUGE increase in nasty E4L (Enlish as as 4TH language ) dictators.  I want a 5-day a week, 8-hour a day job.  I want my LIFE back.  I never used to have to work 80-hour weeks to make $40,000-plus a year.. now barely make $25,000 a year, and I am NOT a slacker.  I ...

Two-week Notice 2 Days Ago And Already No Email Access
Dec 09, 2014

Supervisor asked me if there was anything she could do to get me to stay. One of my complaints was the lack of communication. That was yesterday afternoon. This morning my email was disabled.....My last day isn't suppose to be until the 18th! ...

Good Ol' Days
Oct 29, 2009

Remember the good old days, when we worked either in a transcription pool, the medical records department or at a doctor's office?  I was trying to figure out what a doctor was saying in a report and dreading leaving a QA marker for fear of "points"... I remember going to hunt down the doctors in the old days, sitting down to have conversations with them. They would help us fill in the blanks and mostly apologize for not speaking clearly (at least they did at the hospital where I ...

Good Old Days
Jun 17, 2010

I long for the days when you just typed the report and maybe had to watch for 1 or 2 things regarding the patient.  Now, well you know, change work type for this hospital, not for that hospital, use patient name, don't use patient name, check QA, don't check QA, if a doctor spells a name you have to look it up anyway (they have absolutely no responsibility for what comes out of their mouths--its our responsibility), follow BoB, follow client profile, and if they con ...

It Was Like The Good Old Days
Oct 06, 2012

I had a 20 minute report, straight typing, very decent dictator.  Took me about an hour.  Got 262 actual lines.  I had forgotten what that feels like. ...

Oh For The Good Ole Days
Apr 30, 2015

I fondly remember when I started with this company (actually have gone thru too numerous to count buyouts).  I actually enjoyed coming to work and being rewarded with typing more than the required. Now almost every day, I dread coming to work.  I know that the majority of my work wiill have deplorable audio quality.  Investing in "good, quality" headphones and Boostaroo is/'was of absolutely no help whatsoever.  Quit wondering why they won't fix it and have resigne ...

The Good Old MT Days ... What I Miss Most
May 30, 2012

Quality, Turnaround, and Price ... pick two!!! ...

Awww, The Good Ole Days
Feb 17, 2015

Remember when we had primaries and secondaries?  Accounts we knew the client profile.  NOT this constant changing from one hospital to another to another and having to look up the client profile each and every time.  Don't even get me started on the stupid question marks on the ADT/demographics.  Why must I enter this when the persion initially entering it is incompetent? I have had 2 days now of garbage.  ESL's who can't be bothered to slow down and ope ...

Miss The Good Old Days Of Medical Transcription
Mar 27, 2014

I miss the lively atmosphere of a transcription room filled with other transcriptionists, with doctors strolling in and out, joking, grabbing from the tray of homemade goodies someone had brought in to share.  I miss the laughing and sharing of stories or the mutual griping about the doctors' dictations.  I miss the holiday pot luck dinners and decorations and bonuses.  I miss the formal dictating style that doctors used to go by.  I miss having a job that was in demand ...

Had A Really Good Week Going
Jun 19, 2015

Nothing like getting several nasty notes in email on the last day of the pay period with no chance of making them up before payday ends....and this is supposed to be random! ...

I'm Tired Of Being "graded" Every Week. As Long As I'm Producing Good Line Count
Oct 11, 2012

No message. ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Remember When
Apr 23, 2010

Remember when – you were proud to be an MT – proud of the work you did and the physicians said thank you when you did a good job?   How about the bumper sticker years ago from AHDI (AAMT)  that they handed out at one of the conferences that read – MDs need MTs.   After 35 years in this profession, I call it quits.   All of us really just need a "thank you" from time to time to feel appreciated.     I have worked at ho ...

Remember?
Sep 01, 2010

Remember when we used to get that newsletter in the mail?  I found some today as I was packing my stuff.  Remember when they used to pat us on the back now and then? (usually right before they made a change that was a major hassle, though--and NEVER a pay increase, absolutely unheard of) Now they just hang us out to dry and we have to fend for ourselves. Wonder if they even notice we are dropping like flies. We never hear anything from management unless it's that they are i ...

Remember When....?
Sep 02, 2010

Remember back when you worked for a client of say 20-40 doctors?  When when you could kick your feet up and type with your eyes closed, you knew what the doctor was going to say before he said it.  Remember when you could type what he meant to say and not what he actually said.  Remember them appreciating that?  Remember no BOS or auditing scores?  Remember always having an abdundance of work and feeling very comfortable about it because you made great pay?  Remembe ...

Remember When QA Used To Just
Sep 18, 2010

catch errors, highlight them, and send them to you with a score?   No comments, no ridicule, no 'teaching, preching, and/or belittling.'   I mean,  QA used to just point out the errors once a quarterly run, and be there as a backup on blanks or questions because supposedly they are just that good at it.  When were they told to scold?  Why would they think a humiliation approach works?   ...

Can't Even Remember
Jan 11, 2012

You know the weird thing is that even after just 3 years, I cannot even remember the name of the last 2 companies I worked for - I was an independent contractor for the first 15 years and had my own accounts. That's pretty sad when you can't even remember a past employer (or maybe it isn't because you've blocked them from your memory because of the poor pay and constant outsourcing and waiting for them to find you more work). Now that I do remember. If anyone knows who I w ...

Does Anyone Remember - Sm
Jun 09, 2012

a drug website where you could put in the last part of a drug name and get some possibilities as far as the whole drug name?  I have a dictator that pauses the recording and then restarts during the medication list so I only hear the last part :( ...

More To Remember
Feb 17, 2014

Dangerous abbreviations that are in BOS are not to be observed unless the specific CP says to? I have NEVER operated like this, EVER. So now we get to check the CP and try and remember the BOS fix for the dangerous abbreviations (used to just keep it as a shortcut). I gotta get out of here, my mind doesn't process all this crap. ...

How Am I Going To Remember All Of This?
Jun 16, 2015

I am in coding school (home-based program) and as I read through the coding book, I try to understand all of the rules, etc., about what gets coded first and dual codes, when to use a particular code as a primary diagnosis, etc.  However, I find that I remember little of those rules the next day or even later in the day.  How do you remember all of these things, or do you even have to?  Is everything I am reading about rules also included in the instructions in the tabular index?& ...

**** PMSI REMEMBER????
Feb 22, 2010

BEWARE.  We talked about her last time, how everyone tested and never heard back from her . . . there was a term they used for it when they get their work done by sending it out to people that thinkithey are testing for a job but they were being used to get her work caught up!!!! ...