A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

There seems to be more jobs posted lately. Has anyone found it easier - PAMT

Posted: Dec 26, 2012

to get a job lately moreso than before.  Just wondering. 

could - be

[ In Reply To ..]
just people getting out of this business in general. Many are realizing that this job has gone to the dogs and have decided to do something else. It's a shame but the scam artists have taken it over and people don't want to do this for nothing.

Posted jobs for the past week - Ramona

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied for just about every single posted job in the past 2 weeks(15 years experience) and thus far have heard nothing back from any of them. I get all excited when I see a new posting only to be let down when I don't hear back.

Same here... - no replies...ever

[ In Reply To ..]
frustrating. Wonder if they are REALLY hiring, or just "teasing" so if they do call you, you will be more accepting of their low wages. Just a thought.

Isnt that something. I wonder why they never answer with all those - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
jobs posted. Who knows what the game is. There is an old saying you name the game and I will play it too and I will do it better than you but we dont know the game so we cant play it. Maybe that is how they get their work done with all their testing.
have you looked at the number of hits they get? even - if half sent resumes replies would take days. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of them could easily do an auto-answer form - e-mail out of courtesy, tho. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
yeah, that's true. - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
It's Christmas already - wl
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't be offended. Seriously, it's Christmas and they should take off a bit of time and then when they do catch up on emails, it's probably overwhelming. I misspelled one word once on my resume too and someone finally pointed it out but I thought, that's probably why no one ever responded back to me for this long! Anyway, I have a friend who's a recruiter. She saves ALL her inbox emails but categorizes them and so it takes her longer to go through with the priority of the accounts - then she has to communicate with the management etc. It takes time.
I've been thinking that's the case, but - another MT looking
[ In Reply To ..]
What I don't understand is when I completed the test, there was a message that said a recruiter would be in contact within 5 days.

So I wonder:
1. Do they contact me either way?
2. If so, and they are working under the circumstances you describe, why not change it to 2 weeks for callback?
3. If staff is out during the holidays, why post the ad during the holidays?

I've been at the same place for a while, and this is the first time I've had to apply in almost a decade, so I'm a little green and disappointed with the "game."
It took me 2 months from test to first day of work - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It was 2 weeks from testing that I got an email that a recruiter would be calling.

Then it was another week or so before I actually talked to recruiter.

Then it was 3 weeks before training and another 1-1/2 weeks before actually starting work.

It just does not happen as fast as it once did, which was to test and have a job 2 hours later.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Found It Any Easier To Find A Job Now Or Is It Worse Than Before. Nm
Jul 04, 2014

nm ...

Why Do Some Jobs Get Posted And Then All
Aug 06, 2014

of sudden disappear?  I see some jobs just have a line through them and are to be removed in short time but some have posted for a very short time then disappear and they look like legitimate positions. ...

I Never See Hourly QA Jobs Posted
Dec 15, 2009

I am seeking an hourly QA position, but never see openings for anything other than line pay.  Where should I be looking for these positions?  ...

I'm Starting To Wonder About The Jobs Posted
Apr 18, 2012

on these internet sites.  I keep applying and never hear anything but a canned response at most thanking me for my interest in their company.  I have 13 YEARS EXPERIENCE!!!!  What am I doing wrong? I'm starting to get discouraged and am seriously thinking of a career change, but don't know where to go.  Anyone else with lots of experience having problems finding work? ...

I Am Really Sick Of Transcend Having Jobs Posted
Dec 09, 2011

on their website, but after going through 2 weeks of red tape for a QA job being told they are all filled.  The recruiter says, "oh, we are just waiting for background checks on the other posts."  Really, it takes 2 weeks to check background on one person.  Obviously, they do not understand the stress and time involved in going through their ridiculous process and red tape, and then 2 weeks to a month later, still nothing, BUT THE JOB POSTS ARE STILL THERE. Please don't ans ...

Any Experience With The Jobs Posted On Elance?
Nov 09, 2013

I'm always curious to check them out. ...

MT Jobs Ad From Other Site Posted On Our Job Board
Jun 09, 2014

s ...

Anyone Apply For American Health Connection As Posted On MT Jobs?
May 18, 2013

I have not yet. Any insights are appreciated. TIA. ...

We Just Found Out Our Hospital Jobs Have Been Outsourced To Nuance.... Sm
Feb 20, 2015

We just found out our hospital jobs are being outsourced to Nuance.  I am really worried.  From the webinar we attended, Nuance said all the right things and it didn't sound too bad, but it sure doesn't mesh with what I'm reading here.  We have to make a decision about whether to go with them or not by next week, and I don't feel like I have all the answers I need yet.  I feel like I'm being pressured.    I want to ask them questions b ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

VR? Easier? LOL.
Jan 19, 2013

Today was my first day of VR. I've been an MT for 25 years. OMG, what an experience! I am mentally drained. Using my hands, foot, ears, eyes, brain and 6 different software programs that have to be manuevered simultaneously while "translating" poor dictation and/or poor VR is the ultimate in multi-tasking. Seriously can we add another task, or another of the five senses to this job for half pay? Working VR is like riding a unicycle up on the high wire while juggling oranges, wearing ...

There Has To Be An Easier Way Of Doing This!
Nov 04, 2013

I need help. I work for a company that pays different CPL for VR and straight typing. Is there a program that I can purchase or download that will keep track of my earnings and/or add them up for me? I'm doing upwards of 50 reports per day and I have to go get the statistics off one page, use a calculator to multiply and then insert the totals into my spreadsheet and THEN add them all up. This is way too time consuming. There HAS to be another way to do this that won't take up my valua ...

Some WTs Easier?
Jun 30, 2014

Just started with a new company and have been hearing that some MTs got in trouble for rejecting certain work types because they were harder.  Do some MTs really find certain work types easier or more difficult?  I can't tell a difference in difficulty from worktype to worktype.  For me it is the dictator that makes the report easier or harder.  Just curious. ...

Home Or On-site-which Is Easier
Jan 14, 2010

I was wondering which is better--working on site for an office or hospital or working at home?  I would appreciate any advice. ...

Easier Way To Find Words
Nov 10, 2011

You know, with all the technology out there you'd think someone would come up with an easier way for us to find words, aside from asking for help from our supervisors or other QC/QA people at our company, or asking for help on a forum like this one.  Anybody heard of anything in the works like that?  Just curious. ...

Is Finding A New Job Getting Easier Or Harder. Nm
Mar 16, 2012

nm ...

Serioulsy, Wouldn't It Have Been Easier To Just Tell Us SM
Dec 17, 2014

they were going to pay us 7 cpl?  From just glancing through the posts here that is what everybody is basically saying.  Did anyone make more than that?  I for one am NOT going to approve my timecard because I DON'T APPROVE!    I'm still up in the air on whether I will finish out this week or not.  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

25 Clever Ideas To Make Life Easier
Dec 17, 2011

Why didn’t I think of that?! We guarrantee you’ll be uttering those words more than once at these ingenious little tips, tricks and ideas that solve everyday problems … some you never knew you had! (Above: hull strawberries easily using a straw). . Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will disguise dings and scrapes. . Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD40 (also works on walls). Stop cut apples browning in your child& ...

Things Would Run Smoother If Searching Info Was Easier
Feb 15, 2012

Is it just me..I am on their company desktop so curious...If I am in a report and go to the F5 to search the all mighty repository then it messes up my DocQmanage search page and I have to sign out of there and resign in from scratch, doesnt even save my initial information..And why cant we be in the docqmanage search area and the docqmanage area that has the QA feedback at the same time..Having to constantly sign in and out is causing more trouble then anything.. ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Clinic Accounts Are The First To Go. Usually A Bit "easier."
Jun 23, 2014

There are, generally speaking, fewer WTs to clinic accounts, and these get readied for off-shoring rather quickly. But honestly, the goal is to offshore as much as possible whenever possible, so EVERYONE at Nuance can expect to starve or take on new and different accounts CONSTANTLY.  The one exception to this is when accounts (rare gems) have already been offshored only to come back to US MTs when they discover the ESL MTs overseas really cannot deliver a great product (even with voice wr ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Not Sure If This Has Been Posted Here Or Not,
Dec 23, 2009

I thought this was a really cute and interesting way to raise money for breast cancer awareness.  Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, Oregon made this video to help raise funds and it looks like they had such a fun time doing it.  And they even included all different departments of the hospital.  It brightened up my morning a little and made me smile, and I wanted to share with you.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw   ...

I Posted This Below Also.
Jan 23, 2013

Just to try to help any exasperated MTs out that are hesitant to leave the house for the work field.  My stepson has a REAL at-home job and he loves it.  He works for a company called New Corp, you can Google that.  He works a real 40-hour per week schedule, although you can opt for part-time if you need to supplement MT income.  He answers calls and troubleshoots for Direct TV.  He also gets the full Direct TV package for free as a benefit of the job.  When he answ ...

To Moderator: I'm The One Who Posted The
Dec 12, 2009

question below about how to remove a word from spell check.  Just wondering why it was moved to the technical board....I need to know specifically how to do this in Docuscribe, which is a MQ program.  I guess I should have been more specific.  :) ...

Okay, It Has Been Months Since Anything Was Posted, So I Have To Ask (sm)
Jan 18, 2010

Is there anyone out there currently employed with Cardioscribes?  I realize that there is some India association but at this point I am so desperate for a job I would take any kind of association with it if they were to offer.  If you are employed with Cardioscribes would you either please email me or just give me some insight on the company before I apply?  Platform, pay, benefits, schedule, strictness of the schedules, etc., the usual and anything that you can think of.  ...

To The MT Who Posted About Serviss
May 10, 2010

I worked for this woman as did at least two others I know of.  I am so sorry you gotted tricked by her.  She has been doing this sort of thing for a long time.  For the longest any post that was posted about her would get deleted, therefore you could not really find out what was going on with her.  She has a hablt of using people then making excuses like telling you she is moving, and she is going through a divorce, etc...  She owed me and two others money for quite some ...

I Posted My Resume.......
Sep 29, 2010

.......and I keep getting emails asking what my specialties are. I posted all that and it's also in my resume. Makes me wonder if anyone actually reads a resume. ...