A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has anyone found it any easier to find a job now or is it worse than before. nm - PAMT

Posted: Jul 04, 2014

nm

Worse. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
/

Way worse - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Much more difficult. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been applying to jobs for the past 4 weeks after being replaced by EMR. Most companies don't respond after sending in my resume, and the ones that do respond saying they were flooded with applications. I had 2 companies that said they wanted to hire me and would call me only to never call. When I followed up on them a week later, they both said they had so many applicants, they were still going through them all. The offers I received in the end were all really low, one as low as 5.5 cpl for transcription. I used to get paid that for editing! Last time I had to get a new job was 3-4 years ago, and it was much easier then. I had several good offers within a week and had my choice of which job to take, so this is definitely a change for the worse. It is not totally unexpected though given the changes this industry has seen in recent years and the decrease in MT demand as fewer MTs are needed now as the work is switched to EMR or VR.

much more difficult - jane

[ In Reply To ..]
it is well nigh impossible. i was replaced by a new computer system. seems like mt work is about gone down the tubes. this is happening to us all over the country, so very sad for those who are trying to raise a family. these jobs will not come back.

WAY, WAY, WAY WORSE - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if you're already employed, it's still an employer's market. They know this, and dangle jobs in front of peoples' faces like a carrot on a string! My husband has been unemployed for almost 3 months now, and he's trying so hard to find a job - re-working his resume and cover letter, trying to network, etc., etc., and nothing yet. I don't know if the job market will ever bounce back.

Worse. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
In 2011 when I had to look for a job after 20+ years with the same company, I applied at 7 companies and got 7 job offers . Earlier this year, I applied at 5 companies, and got 2 job offers. The others never even responded.

Worse. I finally gave up looking for an MT job. - KayTee

[ In Reply To ..]

EASIER OR NOT - lucky

[ In Reply To ..]
Applied 2 places about a year ago. Was hired in 5 days. Still with them. (Never heard from the second one) Happy enough, considering it is an MTSO and things are just different than they used to be.

Similar Messages:

There Seems To Be More Jobs Posted Lately. Has Anyone Found It Easier
Dec 26, 2012

to get a job lately moreso than before.  Just wondering.  ...

Easier Way To Find Words
Nov 10, 2011

You know, with all the technology out there you'd think someone would come up with an easier way for us to find words, aside from asking for help from our supervisors or other QC/QA people at our company, or asking for help on a forum like this one.  Anybody heard of anything in the works like that?  Just curious. ...

Where Do I Find OOW/Remedy/six Minutes Info? Not Found In Policies.
Feb 12, 2014

nm ...

Wow, These Companies Are Getting Worse And Worse Regarding Testing...sm
Sep 01, 2010

This company's written test says that I can't use any references, but based on the questions they're asking, I'd have to be a doctor to be able to answer them!  So am I to assume that I can't use references when I work either?  So sick of jumping through hoops for these companies... ...

The Audio Seems Like It Is Getting Worse And Worse
Dec 03, 2013

on Fluency.   I have had problems with it all day.   ...

VR? Easier? LOL.
Jan 19, 2013

Today was my first day of VR. I've been an MT for 25 years. OMG, what an experience! I am mentally drained. Using my hands, foot, ears, eyes, brain and 6 different software programs that have to be manuevered simultaneously while "translating" poor dictation and/or poor VR is the ultimate in multi-tasking. Seriously can we add another task, or another of the five senses to this job for half pay? Working VR is like riding a unicycle up on the high wire while juggling oranges, wearing ...

There Has To Be An Easier Way Of Doing This!
Nov 04, 2013

I need help. I work for a company that pays different CPL for VR and straight typing. Is there a program that I can purchase or download that will keep track of my earnings and/or add them up for me? I'm doing upwards of 50 reports per day and I have to go get the statistics off one page, use a calculator to multiply and then insert the totals into my spreadsheet and THEN add them all up. This is way too time consuming. There HAS to be another way to do this that won't take up my valua ...

Some WTs Easier?
Jun 30, 2014

Just started with a new company and have been hearing that some MTs got in trouble for rejecting certain work types because they were harder.  Do some MTs really find certain work types easier or more difficult?  I can't tell a difference in difficulty from worktype to worktype.  For me it is the dictator that makes the report easier or harder.  Just curious. ...

Home Or On-site-which Is Easier
Jan 14, 2010

I was wondering which is better--working on site for an office or hospital or working at home?  I would appreciate any advice. ...

Is Finding A New Job Getting Easier Or Harder. Nm
Mar 16, 2012

nm ...

Serioulsy, Wouldn't It Have Been Easier To Just Tell Us SM
Dec 17, 2014

they were going to pay us 7 cpl?  From just glancing through the posts here that is what everybody is basically saying.  Did anyone make more than that?  I for one am NOT going to approve my timecard because I DON'T APPROVE!    I'm still up in the air on whether I will finish out this week or not.  ...

Why Are Macros Easier Than Saving In AutoCorrect?
May 19, 2011

I need all the help I can get.  ...

25 Clever Ideas To Make Life Easier
Dec 17, 2011

Why didn’t I think of that?! We guarrantee you’ll be uttering those words more than once at these ingenious little tips, tricks and ideas that solve everyday problems … some you never knew you had! (Above: hull strawberries easily using a straw). . Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will disguise dings and scrapes. . Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD40 (also works on walls). Stop cut apples browning in your child& ...

Things Would Run Smoother If Searching Info Was Easier
Feb 15, 2012

Is it just me..I am on their company desktop so curious...If I am in a report and go to the F5 to search the all mighty repository then it messes up my DocQmanage search page and I have to sign out of there and resign in from scratch, doesnt even save my initial information..And why cant we be in the docqmanage search area and the docqmanage area that has the QA feedback at the same time..Having to constantly sign in and out is causing more trouble then anything.. ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Is It Me Or Is ASR Just Getting Worse And Worse? Sm
Jun 26, 2010

I get really good dictators and the stupid machine screws up what is said and I am changing things all the time!  It is very frustrating and I should be getting more pay than I am because of this crap! ...

Which Is Worse?
Jul 27, 2010

Been sitting here a lot of the morning with NJA.  Then I finally get a 500+ second job and by George if it isn't a female resident who sounds like one of the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz.  I can't win anymore.  Let's see -- alcohol or drugs. . . . . . ...

Is It Me, Or Is DQS ASR Worse Every Day? (sm)
Sep 20, 2010

I thought this ASR crap was supposed to get better as it "learns" the doctors and their frequently-used phrases... didn't someone say that back in training? I'm talking about DSG in particular, but I know a lot of people use DQS ASR, so please bear with me. So, how come it now can't seem to get a single sentence without major corrections having to be done? I'm about ready to apply at McDonald's if this keeps up... my pay is about 1/3 of what it was when we did straight ...

Can It Really Get Worse?
Feb 14, 2011

I was terminated for reasons I won't go into here--after 9+ years at my last employer.  Thing is--I was looking anyway and informed potential employers that the company just was "no longer a good fit."  What finally tipped the balance was an e-mail we got a few months ago stating that after an MT had sent a certain percentage of reports to editing for comprehension issues, for instance, they would be penalized 0.03 cpl for doing so! Assuming this is legal, IMO, it's immoral ...

It Keeps Getting Worse
Feb 14, 2011

Now MTSO are offering 7 cents a line transcription and 3 cents editing??  When are we experienced MTs going to say enough is enough.  8 cents and 4 cents was bad enough, guess this is what they will try and get away with. ...

Worse Than Having No Job???
May 02, 2011

Hello all,I've been reading your messages regarding MedQuist and I'm a little confused about something. I see that most people are complaining about how horrible they are to work for, but what I'm wondering is, isn't working for them better than not having a job at all? I have only a little experience and am having a very difficult time finding work. I have been contacted by MedQuist and all of this talk makes me nervous. I am in dire need of a job though, so I'm thinkin ...

And It Gets Worse....
Oct 12, 2011

Had not heard of this before. Now it is automated dictation.  You know how the national weather service bulletins are computer generated voices, chopping and mispronouncing words, monotone, etc.?  Just got a call from a fellow MTE who is transcribing this type of dictation.  Very difficult.  I am disgusted.  All this technology has done is add steps to to accomplish a very simple job.  When I started in a doctor's office 30 years ago, we typed the dictation, pl ...

How Much Worse Can This ASR Get?
Jan 24, 2012

Dictator: The patient has a history of rheumatoid arthritis. ASR: The patient does have prior history of 12/11.   SERIOUSLY!!! ...

This Just Keeps Getting Worse
Apr 08, 2012

Dr dictates:  Levothyroxine ASR:  We both.  I are ox and Ludicrous! ...

Is It Really That Much Worse Than MM?
Feb 21, 2013

I really, really need another PT job right now, already work at MM, but am really getting close to broke.  I have looked and am still looking for other non-MT jobs, but need extra money now.   I just look at it as temporary.  I can do anything temporarily until I find something else.  Is it really that bad?  I read about the bad QA and FIESA.  I live in Ca, so IC is out of the question.  I guess I am just hoping part time will not be so stressful.&nbs ...

NJA-Seems A Whole Lot Worse
Jun 20, 2013

than before! ...

Does Anyone Else Do Worse When...
Mar 28, 2014

Like when you start a job and are on 100% QA. I am so nervous that I am missing so much that I shouldn't be missing.  A lot of it is having to learn a new platform and new dictators all at the same time.  For the first couple of days after their tech installed programs on my PC they were giving me instructions and the programs weren't working.  They had a different tech look at my PC and one of the programs wasn't even installed.  It seems like takes forever t ...

Why This Job Keeps On Getting Worse
Jun 11, 2014

The promise of the information age was as shiny as a brand new penny:  The availability of INFORMATION would make life better because we would have ready access to RELEVANT INFORMATION that would allow us to make INFORMED DECISIONS. Well, that promise assumes that people SHARE the information that they have, and hopefully do it in an honest and objective way. MT?  Ummm...Not so much.  I'm sick of this:  "I work for a great company that has a good platform, pays well an ...

Just When You Think MM ASR Can't Get Any Worse
May 01, 2015

Dictated:  Family history reviewed and noncontributory to his illness. SR:  Reviewed and noncontributory to her buttocks.   Got a good giggle on an otherwise horrible day! ...

ASR Suddenly MUCH Worse!!!
Nov 27, 2010

Has anyone noticed that fairly suddenly ASR recognition has gotten much worse.  I know it was pretty bad before, but now I've noticed that even with the clear dictators where in the past the ASR recognition was okay, it's now HORRIBLE.  Weren't we promised the ASR would get BETTER with time.  Didn't they LOWER our pay when they said it got better before.  So, wouldn't it only be fair to move the pay back UP now that it is so horriible and NOT improvin ...