A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I posted my resume....... - Odd

Posted: Sep 29, 2010

.......and I keep getting emails asking what my specialties are. I posted all that and it's also in my resume. Makes me wonder if anyone actually reads a resume.

I don't think they do (sm) - boonies

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a big "NOTE" in mine that I have satellite internet (for those companies who can't bother to state whether their platform works with satellite on their website or job listing) and I keep getting replies from people who'd love to hire/interview/test me--and when I ask before moving to the next step, "Is satellite OK" I get, "oh, no, it's not." As Emily Latella used to say "Never mind."

Similar Messages:

For Those Who Have Their Resume Posted On The Resume Bank
Sep 25, 2012

I received a couple of very suspicious emails from someone who sounded overseas.  Just a warning. ...

Anyone Posted Resume With Success
Mar 15, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has ever posted their resume on this site under resumes where you have to log in and successfully been offered a "decent" job on here.  You can list how much per line you are looking for.  Would love to get back to over 12 cents again after recent paycut.....pretty sure that is an impossible dream at this point!  Hate to list a resume and be contacted by companies that pay so low or are not even legit.  Just wondered how many have ...

Resume Posted...question
May 05, 2011

Hi everyone! I'm new here. So, I have been working for the same hospital for approx 9 years. I was just informed that they are switching to VR in 2 weeks. So, I'm currently looking for a new job.  I posted my resume this morning and I have also applied several places.  For those who have posted resumes...how long has it taken for job offers, responses, etc? Any tips or help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Has Anyone Else Sent A Resume To Opti-script And Then Find It Posted On The Internet
Nov 28, 2009

Holy cow.. just for kicks I googled myself and found my resume that I had sent to Opti-script several months back posted on the internet. I'm shocked. Talk about an invasion of privacy.  Do I want my name, address and phone number and personal work information splashed across the internet for the world to see.. NO.... How do I get it removed? ...

For Those Who Need A Resume Or A Resume Facelift
Sep 04, 2013

I'm looking to get out of my job in a bad way and my resume was less than pretty. I ran across this site and it was awesome.  It's free to update your resume but charges to print or email, copy, etc.  But for a cover letter and resume was only $2.95 but will auto-renew at $34 if you don't cancel within 2 weeks.  But I did the trial period and got an awesome resume and fantastic cover letter. It's easy to use and fun. Hope this helps a little bit.  http:// ...

Resume In Resume Bank
Sep 24, 2014

Has anybody been contacted for a position by posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Not Sure If This Has Been Posted Here Or Not,
Dec 23, 2009

I thought this was a really cute and interesting way to raise money for breast cancer awareness.  Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, Oregon made this video to help raise funds and it looks like they had such a fun time doing it.  And they even included all different departments of the hospital.  It brightened up my morning a little and made me smile, and I wanted to share with you.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEdVfyt-mLw   ...

I Posted This Below Also.
Jan 23, 2013

Just to try to help any exasperated MTs out that are hesitant to leave the house for the work field.  My stepson has a REAL at-home job and he loves it.  He works for a company called New Corp, you can Google that.  He works a real 40-hour per week schedule, although you can opt for part-time if you need to supplement MT income.  He answers calls and troubleshoots for Direct TV.  He also gets the full Direct TV package for free as a benefit of the job.  When he answ ...

How To Resume?
Sep 07, 2010

Haven't written a resume in years. How do you write one if you have been at the same place for 11 years?  Isn't that as far back as they are looking for?  Appreciate tips. ...

Help With Resume
Mar 31, 2011

I am trying to get back out there but I need help with my resume which I absolutely hate doing.  Could someone please email me some suggestions.  I would like to try and get back into an office setting doing anything!  ...

I Am In Need Of Help With My Resume
Jun 29, 2011

Dear Fellow Transcriptionists: I am in need of a career counsler who specializes in resumes. I live in Chevy Chase, Maryland, which is outside of Washington, D.C. and I need someone to help me with my current resume so that it is current. I know that there must be a company who can help me who does not live in the D.C. area who can help me telecommuting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you. Fondly, Suzie ...

OK ... I Did It, Just Sent My Resume
Mar 11, 2014

I read every line to all of the posts here for the last 24 hours, slept on the decision and thought a lot about it this morning.  Even in putting my resume together my hands were shaking ... not sure if it's the right decision or not.  But I'm trusting, trusting, trusting.  I feel like I've weighed every option and taken every scenario under consideration and my final decision is, I HAVE to make a move.  The days of transcription with this company are extremel ...

Just Sent Resume To
Mar 28, 2014

ad on mtdy, first ad on page (QMedET Solutions). does anyone have any info on them or are currently working for them? any info would be appreciated. tnx. ...

To Moderator: I'm The One Who Posted The
Dec 12, 2009

question below about how to remove a word from spell check.  Just wondering why it was moved to the technical board....I need to know specifically how to do this in Docuscribe, which is a MQ program.  I guess I should have been more specific.  :) ...

Okay, It Has Been Months Since Anything Was Posted, So I Have To Ask (sm)
Jan 18, 2010

Is there anyone out there currently employed with Cardioscribes?  I realize that there is some India association but at this point I am so desperate for a job I would take any kind of association with it if they were to offer.  If you are employed with Cardioscribes would you either please email me or just give me some insight on the company before I apply?  Platform, pay, benefits, schedule, strictness of the schedules, etc., the usual and anything that you can think of.  ...

To The MT Who Posted About Serviss
May 10, 2010

I worked for this woman as did at least two others I know of.  I am so sorry you gotted tricked by her.  She has been doing this sort of thing for a long time.  For the longest any post that was posted about her would get deleted, therefore you could not really find out what was going on with her.  She has a hablt of using people then making excuses like telling you she is moving, and she is going through a divorce, etc...  She owed me and two others money for quite some ...

The Psych Ad Is Posted Again
Oct 31, 2010

Looks like the psych position is open....? ...

Just Posted My Ad On MT Stars
Apr 27, 2011

Just posted my job wanted ad on this board.  Am just wondering if the people that posted their ad got responses rather than answering all the ads. ...

Someone Posted Below That You Now Have To Pass The RMT To Even Take The CMT?
Sep 20, 2011

Is this really true?  I was already on the fence about it....I despise ADHI but at the same time realize having CMT could possibly help find a job and sometimes (rarely) get a CMT diff.  Not to mention the test cost $300 whether you pass or not.  So now you have to pay to pass the RMT?  This can't be true.  I mean, if you can pass the CMT you should be able to pass the RMT w/o having to PAY for it.  ...

I Posted Last Night About New Job
Jul 19, 2012

First of all, I apologize for coming across as "gloating."  I really didn't mean to do that.  I have been working sporadically since February, for a few of the companies that have been mentionned on the company board, and i have posted my experiences with them, U-Scribe being one, Inscribe being one and Mediscribes being another to name a few examples.   I am technically "homeless, having lived in a motel since I relocated, but thanks to friends and family, I h ...

I Posted Not Long Ago About Even With All My
Sep 20, 2012

personal issues, I am going back to school.  Well, I had a job interview for an inhouse position that is perfect for me and I think I got the job!!!  I am just so excited!!  The bennies are awesome to say the least.  I never thought I would be able to work inhouse again since I live in such a rural community.  I just stayed persistent and I pray I got it!  I need it so much! ...

Seen Posted Here Before That It Is Illegal To Pay Someone PTO
Apr 23, 2013

are paid on production.  Does anybody here know anything about this?  We have shown them they cant make us lie on timesheets, they have to pay at least minimum wage.  Now can we show them they have to calculate our PTO in a more fair fashion?  ...

Posted By CuriousMT
Dec 06, 2013

on the Nuance board.  It is funny, yet fairly accurate. Dear Aunt Rose Comma Thank You for the Speech Recognition Software Exclamation Point. BY Eric K. Auld Dear Aunt Rose comma thank you for the speech recognition software exclamation point. This is my first time using it comma but I think I’ve got the hang of it. How’s Uncle Bernie. No. Wait. Backspace. BACKSPACE. Question mark. Huhhhh. Enter. How are you question mark. I’m all right. Had another big sale at the office ...

Job Posted On MTDY
Mar 26, 2014

it is the 2nd or 3rd posting from the top. Initials of the company is YL. can anyone check it out and let me know what you think tnx. ...

Another Ad Posted By FutureNet
Apr 14, 2014

FN has again posted an ad for editors/speech rec people to work on M-Modal.  It appears that people are leaving due to this platform.  FN does not appear to have acquired new accounts.  See post below about the M-Modal platform and this company.  This used to be a good company to work for.  It's the platform that is just terrible and impossible to make a living wage when using it.  Your mileage may vary.  ...

Anyone Applied To A Posted
Apr 29, 2014

and actually received any sort of reply?  This drives me crazy. I feel like my internet wires are clogged and my applications are not making it past the wall of my room.     ...

Why Do Some Jobs Get Posted And Then All
Aug 06, 2014

of sudden disappear?  I see some jobs just have a line through them and are to be removed in short time but some have posted for a very short time then disappear and they look like legitimate positions. ...

Okay Now I KNOW I Have Posted TWO Messages
Nov 13, 2014

and both have disappeared!  I want to know WHY!!!! ...

Here's A Reply I Posted........
Jan 25, 2015

.....entitled "Tell us about your stressful job."  I'm sure it won't help our cause, but BOY DID IT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!: Do some research on medical transcription! It used to be a very respected position, and we were paid a decent wage. Nowadays, with pressure from government to cut costs or lose reimbursement, most facilities have dismissed their transcriptionists and have outsourced to transcription companies that pay transcriptionists a fraction of what we made working for fac ...

Question Regarding Resume
Nov 19, 2009

I have a question and maybe someone out there knows the answer.  I have a resume which I created on Word.  I would generally send it as an attachment to an e-mail; however, I'm finding that recruiters for some reason are requesting the resume be pasted into the e.mail.  If I do that, I lose my formatting on the resume and the text gets all messed up. Does anyone know of a solution?  I feel really dumb! Thanks!   ...