A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Painful fingers/wrists - suggestions? - Aging MT

Posted: Oct 20, 2011

I am having a great deal of trouble with stiff and aching fingers and wrists - it is really slowing down my typing, which I can't afford. No insurance to go to doc. Just wondering if anyone with similar issues had non-med suggestions I could try, particularly for fingers. Any suggestions about wrist splints would be appreciate as well. I have arthritis in my knees so I assume this is what it is.

Cherry juice - Teardrop

[ In Reply To ..]
Normally I don't go in for fad diets and fad fixes, but this suggestion actually worked for me. I wouldn't have believed it, but I tried it and the results are impressive. Try drinking natural tart cherry juice. Get the 100% montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate - no preservatives, nothing artificial. The shelf life is short, so don't by in bulk. Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, and I drink it just before bed because it floods your system with natural melatonin. Kills free radicals, too. It's expensive, but 2 tablespoons a day has really helped my back pain and hip pain. I pour 2 T into a glass of sparkling water or, if you can't find sparkling water, try club soda. You could drink it straight (tastes like cherry pie) or dissolve in plain water. Worth a shot. Buy it online (orchards in Traverse City, MI, will ship it). Or, find in better supermarkets and health food stores. I learned about it from a friend in Argentina who claimed it helped her numbness and tingling in her hands and arms. Good luck!

I'm glad you posted that...I have been debating (sm) - yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
whether to try it or not for insomnia. I have read it really does help and I don't want to go the RX route. I had always heard it was terrific for arthritis. The trick is to find the 100% juice with nothing added. Thanks!

You can also try at-home paraffin wax baths. :) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Painful fingers/wrists - suggestions? - Aging MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the suggestion. I will try this - I have seen a bottle of this on the site I order aspartame-free gum from - vitacost. Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds yummy even if it doesn't work!

Myoflex purple is my saviour - soofie

[ In Reply To ..]
I love this stuff. No odour, no stickiness, moisturizes like hand cream, and magically limbers up my hands. You can often get coupons in store or coupon online.

Osteo Bi-Flex works for me. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Glucosamine/chondroitin - Aging MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't heard of the Purple Myoflex! I've taken both Osteo Bi-Flex and Myoflex but I can no longer swallow the pills - they get stuck in my throat and it is very scary - I have to drink lots of hot fluid to get them down. Looking for a smaller pill. I think my bad finger pain did start after I stopped taking G/C so maybe that will help - will try again along with some cherry juice. The warm wax sounds wonderful - I will look into that too.
Don't forget the MSM with the glucosamine/chondroitin - :)
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

A Stuttering ESL. Please, I Will Slit My Wrists Now
Feb 02, 2015

nm ...

Know Of A Good Keyboard That Is Fast For My Wrists?
Jan 08, 2010

I am looking for a good keyboard that will cause less pain in my already tendonitis-inflamed arms, that is also fast.  I know there are a lot of good keyboards to help relieve stress on the arms, but I need one that can be as fast ast I need it to be.  Anybody know of any??  Thanks in advance. ...

Help! In PE: Normal S/l (cardinal) Range Of Motion Of Wrists? Nm
Nov 24, 2010

.. ...

Painful Arms
Nov 23, 2011

The tops of my forearms are tender lately, sore.  I increased the hours I am working lately and that's when it started.  Any suggestions on how to help this and do you think it will eventually get better?  Owie! ...

Little Giggle On The Painful Subject
Jul 11, 2011

Found this on an educational site.  Made me giggle a little.  How accurate is this?  My favorite is the first line in the 2nd paragraph and the last line of the 3rd.  Ya, right. Medical transcription jobs are forecasted to increase 11% from 2008 until 2018.  This increase in jobs is greater than average for other occupations.  As the average age of the population increases, the demand for transcriptionist services will also increase.  Older ...

Podiatry Help, Hammertoe Deformity With Painful Plantar HVK (hallux Valgus What?) Sm
Jan 14, 2010

I could be wrong on the *K* in the HVK but sounds pretty clear.  ...

ASR Fingers
Sep 15, 2010

Just typing along doing my thing.  At end of report no redundant skip marker for "end of report blah blah....type in corrected text, highlight, redundant marker not working..soo I do it again.  I figured it just was not working as sometimes highlighting and placing a skip marker does not work.  I finally realized I actually typed a report and was not editing.  That is why it was not working.. I don't mind ASR editing, except for that fact that it is slave labor, but doe ...

My Ten Fingers
Mar 02, 2011

Does anybody have any info on this company? Thanks! ...

My 10 FIngers
Mar 08, 2011

Does anyone know anything about My 10 Fingers Transcription?  If so, what are your thoughts?  Thanks ...

Getting Fingers Warmed Up
Dec 17, 2009

When I start typing for the first time every day, it seems like my fingers are not as fast as my brain and want to get "tangled" because they cannot keep up.  This results in a lot of wasted time and lots of backspacing.  Do any of you experience this and if so how do you get your fingers "warmed up" before you start working? ...

Short Fingers With Lab. :)
Oct 18, 2010

Whenever I type lab, I slow down. My fingers are short and I have trouble reaching the number characters on the keyboard. I want to type lab fast too. Are there tricks that I can do to boost my typing when doing lab values? TIA :) ...

Dyslexic Fingers
May 16, 2014

ever have days when your fingers just WILL NOT hit the right keys?  I'm having one of those days.  So frustrating! ...

Psoriasis On The Fingers And Toes...
Aug 31, 2010

Under the physical exam,  Derm:  Dry, scaly psoriatic s/l leavings on the bilateral fingers. Nails:  No pitting.  Possible s/l onicolisis on the toes.  No capillary engorgement.   ...

Looking For Poster Named FINGERS (sm)
Dec 17, 2010

I would like to contact you by email please.  ...

There Are *densensitate* Lesions About The Fingers. Nm Thanks
Oct 13, 2011

nm ...

How Do You Keep Your Fingers Warm In This Cold?!
Jan 08, 2015

Any tips on how to keep my fingers warm during this crappy weather? There is a blizzard warning where I am with 30-40 mph winds and -30 wind chills.  My apartment is freezing.  Turned the heat up but my fingers are like ice!  Stay warm everyone! lol ...

Exam Reveals Thoracic Kyphosis. There Is Painful Hardware At The Mid Thoracic Region
Apr 09, 2013

His ______ angle (s/l ben-angle) is decreased.  Thanks for any help.   ...

So Much For Keeping Fingers And Toes Crossed!
Nov 18, 2009

The only jobs that were actualy transcription for me today were the worst 4 doctors on the planet!  I am pulling my hair out today over the 10 reports that had to be sent to the MMEs with all of the holes! Also, to the MME who corrected 1 of my reports: I know that numbers are not spelled out, however, the doctor said "325 one or two a day"   He did not say milligram, therefore, you are not supposed to leave 2 numbers next to eachother, so I spelled it out.  If I knew we w ...

Doc Says Clearly S/l InterDiGinous Rash Between 2 Fingers; Is That A Word? Sm
Jan 31, 2012

He is not saying interdigital or intertriginous, ugh! ...

Podiatry Help - S/l Hammertoe With Painful "hum-oh-mo Molly."
Jun 11, 2015

Thank you! ...

EGD--two Large Areas Of "fingers' Of Inflammation
Feb 24, 2011

in the esophagus!   Fingers??  ...

How Is The Workload Today? I Have To Work In 3 Hours And Keeping My Fingers Crossed! Nm
Feb 01, 2013

.. ...

Do Your Fingers Reach In The Manner Described In The Latest Productivity Hint Email?
Oct 15, 2013

I must have much smaller hands, because I cannot reach the keys in the manner described for the right hand. Unfortunately, I already use the other tips and use the right + left hand for shortcuts, and only thing that makes any difference is the quality of the output. I don't use the DQS expander. Can you put heading formatting short cuts in it, i.e., heading + hightlight + Ctl H? I use the old program Short Cut instead. I could put the old style heading formatting codes (/>), but I ...

MRI Of Brain: Classic Fingers Of *long Horns* White Matter Plaque. Thanks. Nm
May 04, 2010

nm ...

Fingers Crossed, Eyes Crossed, Knocked On Wood
Dec 02, 2011

Well, just as I landed my "dream" job with a very small MTSO and began making good money (albeit with no insurance benefits), lo and behold if I didn't get a call for a local "headhunter" today to open negotiations with a local group of specialty physicians who are apparently bringing their transcription back in house and want someone ready to hit the ground running.  Full-time, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m., hourly pay, paid vacation, paid sick leave, a one-MT-show so priv ...

ANY Suggestions??
Oct 18, 2009

"Rhinoscopy reveals mucoid discharge present in the rexny of the mashnoid." Yea..."rexny of the mash-noid".... ...

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
Jul 13, 2010

Hello everyone.  I am another one of those lower Alabama MT's.  I really need some pointers on what to do here.  When I started transcribing a few years back, my mentor told me once I got the grip, that I needed to consider getting my own accounts and eliminate the middle man and I would do so much better.  Well.....easier said that done!! I am the sole provider for my family.  I have three kids.  I find myself raking and scraping every two weeks to make ends ...

Any Suggestions On What To Do With The 6.1
Sep 13, 2010

I used to FOR YEARS and years, just hit shift H and typed in cur and it spelled </CURRENT MEDICATIONS/>  Now with this 6.1 upgrade, it spells out </CURRENT ALLERGIES/> and I am messing up big time with reports.  THIS IS ASR WORK AND YOU ARE FLYING QUICKLY THROUGH THE REPORT.  On a lot of ASR reports, I have to add the headings in.  I am so used to hitting CUR and expecting CURRENT MEDICATIONS which I have done for many years and quite frankly, I am not looking a ...

Some Suggestions.
Feb 28, 2011

You all may already know this, but I am passing it along because I just found out.  I kept running out of work on the weekend and on the backlog I could see that there were jobs in the red that I normally work on for backup but they were not flowing to me.  I called the RTL hotline and spoke to a lady there.  I told her the deal and she said that she didn't show me as being scheduled to work that day so they did not add me to that pool.  Evidently on helper pools or ...

Need To Get Out Of MT - Suggestions?
Apr 30, 2011

After having my pay cut by half over the past 9 months, I realize that I need to get out of MT and in a bad way.  I wish I had never gone to school for this. I just can no longer stand for having pay cut after pay cut every year with no end in sight.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on other jobs that I could do from home. I have a bachelor's degree in Psychology along with my CMT.  I have young kids with medical problems, so I need to be able to be h ...