A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking for poster named FINGERS (sm) - Yochana

Posted: Dec 17, 2010

I would like to contact you by email please. 

At your service. I do not usually respond to e mails but go ahead. - Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
How may I help you?

watch out fingers! - OldSpherisMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone was looking for a poster going by "Fingers" on my local topix forum as well...not sure this is the same person, coincidence??

I must not be the same person. Do not use that forum or this one for a couple of months. - Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been on the MT Stars site for a couple of years as Fingers. I really do not have the time to participate at other sites, and I like the setup as here. I really have not been an actual participant here for 2-3 months now, just cruise through to see if there is anything new, different or nice. I may not be the poster she seeks, especially if she is looking for a participant from another site.

I do hesitate to correspond with posters via e mail or give out the name of the company I work for. BTDT, and it was not pleasant. However, I do not mind assisting anyone with whatever info I can.

Similar Messages:

Would Be Looking For DVT Med Named ZORALTO?
Oct 14, 2011

would appreciate any ideas, thoughts, anyone heard of this.  Not finding anything remotely close on the web   thanks much!!   ...

Is There A Physic Med Named Trapaxil?
Oct 21, 2009

Is there a physic med named Trapaxil? ...

Medication Named Tizide?
Sep 18, 2013

Confused..Are There More Than One Company Named Transform
Mar 07, 2010

I keep seeing things about Transform out of Nevada and out of Wyoming and someone said they are the same company. I'm not sure this is true. I had a friend who worked for the one in Wyoming and she hated it.  I'm looking for information on the one in Nevada, if it exists. Thanks. ...

Information On A Company Named Saince
Jan 22, 2015

I am looking for complaints about this company.  I never trust a recruiter since I have been burned, like so many others, so many times.  I do not want to make a mistake and waste my time.  Am sure most of you can relate to that statement with no problems!!  Thanks to everyone for taking some time to answer.  I would prefer to hear from people with direct experience and not making assumptions based on the gossip from their friends. ...

In-house MT Needed In Huntsville, AL. Facility Not Named.
May 01, 2013

. ...

ASR Fingers
Sep 15, 2010

Just typing along doing my thing.  At end of report no redundant skip marker for "end of report blah blah....type in corrected text, highlight, redundant marker not working..soo I do it again.  I figured it just was not working as sometimes highlighting and placing a skip marker does not work.  I finally realized I actually typed a report and was not editing.  That is why it was not working.. I don't mind ASR editing, except for that fact that it is slave labor, but doe ...

My Ten Fingers
Mar 02, 2011

Does anybody have any info on this company? Thanks! ...

My 10 FIngers
Mar 08, 2011

Does anyone know anything about My 10 Fingers Transcription?  If so, what are your thoughts?  Thanks ...

Getting Fingers Warmed Up
Dec 17, 2009

When I start typing for the first time every day, it seems like my fingers are not as fast as my brain and want to get "tangled" because they cannot keep up.  This results in a lot of wasted time and lots of backspacing.  Do any of you experience this and if so how do you get your fingers "warmed up" before you start working? ...

Short Fingers With Lab. :)
Oct 18, 2010

Whenever I type lab, I slow down. My fingers are short and I have trouble reaching the number characters on the keyboard. I want to type lab fast too. Are there tricks that I can do to boost my typing when doing lab values? TIA :) ...

Dyslexic Fingers
May 16, 2014

ever have days when your fingers just WILL NOT hit the right keys?  I'm having one of those days.  So frustrating! ...

To EHR Poster Below
Feb 24, 2012

I read the link.  The electronic medical record STILL is not the problem (my account with Q right now has EHR and I TRANSCRIBE the reports).  The problem according to the article is that the Clinicians are inputting the data -- be it typing it in or point and click or speech rec --- but that information STILL has to be put into that record somehow.  They are choosing to do it themselves and not pay transcriptionists, but the Electronic Medical Record only means that it is totally ...

To Poster Below About Amy, Sm
Mar 02, 2013

She just contacted my sister-in-law 2 days ago about a problem my sister-in-law complained about.  I left there in May but she (my sister-in-law) still works there unfortunately!  But Amy is definitely not gone. ...

Psoriasis On The Fingers And Toes...
Aug 31, 2010

Under the physical exam,  Derm:  Dry, scaly psoriatic s/l leavings on the bilateral fingers. Nails:  No pitting.  Possible s/l onicolisis on the toes.  No capillary engorgement.   ...

There Are *densensitate* Lesions About The Fingers. Nm Thanks
Oct 13, 2011

nm ...

How Do You Keep Your Fingers Warm In This Cold?!
Jan 08, 2015

Any tips on how to keep my fingers warm during this crappy weather? There is a blizzard warning where I am with 30-40 mph winds and -30 wind chills.  My apartment is freezing.  Turned the heat up but my fingers are like ice!  Stay warm everyone! lol ...

Agree With Poster Below That With All The New And
Dec 20, 2011

technology poor sound quality of dictation should be a thing of the past; however, that is now my #1 problem.  I have put a notation in the QA notes several times lately of the poor audio quality.  I think dictating on a speaker phone or cell phone (I don't care where --- office, home, bathroom, ballgames, convertibles, motorcycles, airplanes, or outer space) should be MT-outlawed and if a dictator does it, the report should be trashed and he should have to dictate it over (y ...

To The Poster Below Regarding Audits
Jan 09, 2012

I am NOT going to read all those posts, but I just wanted to let you know that you are lucky you only get audited once a month.  I get audited DAILY, at least once a day.  Today I got audited twice, one 100% the other 99.75%.  If I can remember correctly, I got dinged for typing something like "Aorta was tortuous" instead of "The aorta was tortuous".  It was for an account that has a multitude of dictators - I swear there is a new one every day and no two on a consistent basi ...

Disagree With Poster Below
Dec 02, 2013

who said it makes no difference to MM's bottom line if they put us on 100% QA because it usually is not permanent.  Even if it is just for a month or two and they are lowering our salaries by half or more, multiply that by the number of hours worked and by the number of MTs on 100% QA.  They can lower their costs by many thousands per month - at least enough to throw themselves a huge party. ...

So Much For Keeping Fingers And Toes Crossed!
Nov 18, 2009

The only jobs that were actualy transcription for me today were the worst 4 doctors on the planet!  I am pulling my hair out today over the 10 reports that had to be sent to the MMEs with all of the holes! Also, to the MME who corrected 1 of my reports: I know that numbers are not spelled out, however, the doctor said "325 one or two a day"   He did not say milligram, therefore, you are not supposed to leave 2 numbers next to eachother, so I spelled it out.  If I knew we w ...

Painful Fingers/wrists - Suggestions?
Oct 20, 2011

I am having a great deal of trouble with stiff and aching fingers and wrists - it is really slowing down my typing, which I can't afford. No insurance to go to doc. Just wondering if anyone with similar issues had non-med suggestions I could try, particularly for fingers. Any suggestions about wrist splints would be appreciate as well. I have arthritis in my knees so I assume this is what it is. ...

Doc Says Clearly S/l InterDiGinous Rash Between 2 Fingers; Is That A Word? Sm
Jan 31, 2012

He is not saying interdigital or intertriginous, ugh! ...

About Call Graph For The Poster Below
Nov 22, 2009

With the name of Rajiv Poddar would you think it was a USA company?  Just seeing that name in your post made me not want to read any further.  That should have been a clue that it was from India and nothing else made sense about the wages either.  ...

In Response To The 12% Pay Cut Poster Below, I Work For The Same
Aug 15, 2010

company and my pay was cut 23% at one time. You say good management-this company has a rep for this kind of stuff.  Do you think it is good management when accounts run out of work daily because they are only overflow (almost all accounts with this company are overflow) and are overstaffed to stay in TAT-I had 5 accounts and still didn't have enough work?  Do you like pulling teeth to get work and/or answers because there is only 1 (ONE) person dishing out work who has the persona ...

To The Poster Below Who Said Unions Can't Stop
Aug 26, 2010

I agree with that wholeheartedly.  But unions CAN force fair compensation for the skill and experience with the new technology.  I have never understood the concept that MTs should be paid half of what they normally get paid for straight typing when doing VR editing.  When doctors learned how to use da Vinci, endoscopic procedures, etc., did they get paid less because their new equipment helped them to be more proficient.  Do doctors get paid less for EMR because a lot of ti ...

To Poster Promoting Instant TAT.
Jan 25, 2011

I was just reading an article on 98,000 annual deaths, and those were due to medical harm, like hospital-acquired infections, careless surgeries, and incorrect medication orders.  In that article there is only one mention that has to do with healthcare information technology, and it wasn't MT or VR.  It was about electronic prescription orders to prevent medication errors due to sloppy handwriting and harmful drug interactions.  Not once is it mentioned about deliquent charti ...

I Must Say I Am Very Glad To The Poster Who Agreed With Me
May 09, 2012

There are nothing but a bunch of highly hateful and bitter MTs on here.  Wow!!  I think you all need therapy! ...

To The Poster Who Suggested Whole Foods
Nov 29, 2012

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I have had enough of the lack of work ethic in the transcription industry from the doctors and their myriad ways of making our life miserable and unprofitable. I will be moving to an area that has a Whole Foods, and even though they are outrageously priced, I believe in their mission statement more than the joke this industry has turned into. I can't wait to hang up my earphones. I appreciate your suggestion, and I am heeding it. ...

What Happened To Poster Busy MT'ing?
Jan 09, 2013

I remember she worked at Medquist and was on here a lot offering advice through all the changes. She shared how she worked through the first pay cuts in 2005 or around that time by working just three and a half days a week (lots of hours) and earning the highest production bonus possible. I believe she was also in school getting her MD? She was very informative, and wondered if anyone has heard from her, if she's here, still working at M-Modal or if she got her degree? ...