A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

podiatry help, hammertoe deformity with painful plantar HVK (hallux valgus what?) sm - Deb

Posted: Jan 14, 2010

I could be wrong on the *K* in the HVK but sounds pretty clear. 

Could it be plantar wart (Verruca plantaris) caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) - MTtoday

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thanks for the try MTToday! But it's not an HPV. nm - Deb

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Is it IPK? nm - sigh

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I bet that was it. I flagged that and sent the job in but I'll remember that one. Thank you for - Deb
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You're welcome. I used to do podiatry and heard that a LOT. nm - sigh
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Hallux Valgus Deformity
Jun 07, 2011

Is it possible for a doctor to list this as HUV deformity and not HV deformity?   ...

Podiatry Help - S/l Hammertoe With Painful "hum-oh-mo Molly."
Jun 11, 2015

Thank you! ...

S/l Hanford Valgus Deformity
Jun 09, 2013

Doc says it in 2 places but  I still cannot document.  The ankle is externally rotated - so possibly hindfoot valgus???   Thanks! ...

Right Hallux Valgus Correction Utilizing "prox-extenic" Osteotomy And Distal Soft Tissue P
May 07, 2011

nm ...

Hallux As A Thumb?
Sep 02, 2013

I know the hallux is the big toe, but can it also be used for the thumb?  The doc is doing a carpal tunnel release and CMC arthroplasty and states "this gave us very good position of the first metacarpal and *hallux* nicely in place."  It is very clearly *hallu*, but sounds like it may have a T at the end.  Hallut?  I have never heard this and can't verify it.   ...

Hammertoe Help Sm
Aug 06, 2013

She underwent hammertoe correction of the right second toe in the past and this failed to provide her adequate pain relief.  At that time, we did use an absorbable K-wire for the arthrodesis and a s/l subacurastat failed, given the radiographic evidence and poor position of the second toe. I could be way off.  I think I hear sub and maybe the stat, but I really don't know.  Going really fast.  Thanks! ...

Plantar Flexion Or Plantarflexion
Nov 14, 2010

Has the spelling of this changed?  ASR keeps giving me plantarflexion all of a sudden.  TIA ...

S/l Endialance Of Plantar Flexion
Dec 14, 2010

I have recommended a Weil osteotomy to the third ray in attempts to control her forefoot pain there, and also a chevron bunionectomy and  S/L endialance of plantar flexion to get a bit more weightbearing there. TIA ...

Hammer Toe Or Hammertoe
Dec 12, 2010

Is it hammer toe deformity or hammertoe deformity? ...

Painful Arms
Nov 23, 2011

The tops of my forearms are tender lately, sore.  I increased the hours I am working lately and that's when it started.  Any suggestions on how to help this and do you think it will eventually get better?  Owie! ...

Podiatrist/plantar Fasciitis Surgery
Dec 14, 2011

She had a (s/l microdon or mitrodon) to the plantar fascia on 09/30/11. ("Jersey accent, if that helps) Thank you ...

Dorsi And Plantar Flex Foot
Dec 26, 2014

doc dictates "it is not too bad until she actually dorsi and plantar flexes her toes" Is this correctly transcribed??  TIA   ...

Little Giggle On The Painful Subject
Jul 11, 2011

Found this on an educational site.  Made me giggle a little.  How accurate is this?  My favorite is the first line in the 2nd paragraph and the last line of the 3rd.  Ya, right. Medical transcription jobs are forecasted to increase 11% from 2008 until 2018.  This increase in jobs is greater than average for other occupations.  As the average age of the population increases, the demand for transcriptionist services will also increase.  Older ...

Halgus Valgus
Feb 20, 2012

it sure sounds like "halgus" valgus.  help! ...

Painful Fingers/wrists - Suggestions?
Oct 20, 2011

I am having a great deal of trouble with stiff and aching fingers and wrists - it is really slowing down my typing, which I can't afford. No insurance to go to doc. Just wondering if anyone with similar issues had non-med suggestions I could try, particularly for fingers. Any suggestions about wrist splints would be appreciate as well. I have arthritis in my knees so I assume this is what it is. ...

Varus/valgus Wobble
Jun 03, 2010

I cannot document this, so I am unsure.  TIA   She has just a trace of s/l varus/valgus wobble in flexion.   ...

Exam Reveals Thoracic Kyphosis. There Is Painful Hardware At The Mid Thoracic Region
Apr 09, 2013

His ______ angle (s/l ben-angle) is decreased.  Thanks for any help.   ...

Deformity
Apr 09, 2013

Minimal external __________ deformity is appreciated.  It was an injury to the wrist. ...

S/l Claw Deformity
Nov 09, 2009

Does claw deformity fit here?   The patient presents today for her flexor digitorum longus tenotomy.  She continues to have pain in her distal first toe with a s/l claw deformity, status post forefoot surgery. tia. ...

Fracture Deformity
Apr 06, 2011

Patient has a distal one-third radial shaft fracture.  Dr. says... at that time, if she continues to undergo a s/l K-type deformity, surgical intervention may be necessary. Thank you in advance... ...

Ortho Help. S/l Co-zin's Deformity SM
Dec 27, 2011

Two-year-old patient with a a nondisplaced proximal tibia fracture.  It is possible to develop a s/l Co-Zin's deformity but this will likely correct over time. ...

Toenail Deformity
Nov 29, 2013

Doctor says, "patient presents with an unguium and curvatum deformity of the left great toenail.  Is "curvatum" spelled this way? ...

Hammertoe Surgery "surge Eritome"
Jan 08, 2010

Hi I'm transcribing a surgical procedure to correct Hammertoe and there is a sentence I can't put together. "A surge eritome was then used to make a hole in the base of the middle phalanx to accommodate the peg of the proximal phalangeal head." Any idea what surge eritome could be? ...

S/l "pillow Lamale" Hammertoe Surgery
Sep 23, 2012

NM ...

S/l Valgus Sizing Osteotomy-is It Valgising Osteotomy? Full Sentence In Message
Apr 14, 2014

She is just under 3 months out from right tibia and fibula s/l valgus sizing osteotomy for internal rotation of varus.         TIA ...

She Has Almost A S/l Peroban Chin Deformity...
Jan 26, 2010

Baby with PHACES syndrome and small airway.  Dictating doc is a dermatologist ...

Swan Neck Deformity
Oct 18, 2010

Is there a hyphen between swan and neck? ...

Humpback Deformity With Secondary *s/l DC*?
May 17, 2012

"There is a humpback deformity with secondary *DC*" Patient has a scaphoid fracture. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Ludwig's Deformity Of The Biceps
Jun 10, 2012

deformity of the proximal biceps with long head rupture and positive "Ludwig's" deformity. I cannot find document Ludwig's. Has anyone heard of it? ...

Podiatry-Help! Sm
May 04, 2011

AP and lateral stress views of both ankles confirmed a large Haglund’s deformity with s/l "insepsence" of the Achilles tendon ...