A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

painful arms - SaySally

Posted: Nov 23, 2011

The tops of my forearms are tender lately, sore.  I increased the hours I am working lately and that's when it started.  Any suggestions on how to help this and do you think it will eventually get better?  Owie!

Painful arms - Roadchic

[ In Reply To ..]
Rest, rest, rest! I've been through it many times over the last few years and the only real cure is to rest your arms. I know that's tough since we are paid for production, but if you push yourself too hard you will just end up with time off anyway due to pain. Also try icing and maybe get some massage therapy. If you can't take time off, at least be sure to take breaks every hour and stretch. Good luck!

Painful arms - SaySally

[ In Reply To ..]
During work, I put Icy Hot patches down my arm where that ligament/tendon is inflamed. Helps a lot, and so does a heating pad.

Painful arms - Mel

[ In Reply To ..]
Oops, I'm sorry. I put your nickname instead of mine; my bad.

arms - KT16

[ In Reply To ..]
make sure you are getting enough exercise with the rest of your upper body to support the stress, e.g. swimming particularly with attention to stretching your back and using your lats really will help you in the long run. That stress has to go somewhere.

I had the same thing a few weeks ago with my lower arms, ibuprofen helped - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Little Giggle On The Painful Subject
Jul 11, 2011

Found this on an educational site.  Made me giggle a little.  How accurate is this?  My favorite is the first line in the 2nd paragraph and the last line of the 3rd.  Ya, right. Medical transcription jobs are forecasted to increase 11% from 2008 until 2018.  This increase in jobs is greater than average for other occupations.  As the average age of the population increases, the demand for transcriptionist services will also increase.  Older ...

Painful Fingers/wrists - Suggestions?
Oct 20, 2011

I am having a great deal of trouble with stiff and aching fingers and wrists - it is really slowing down my typing, which I can't afford. No insurance to go to doc. Just wondering if anyone with similar issues had non-med suggestions I could try, particularly for fingers. Any suggestions about wrist splints would be appreciate as well. I have arthritis in my knees so I assume this is what it is. ...

Awesome Arm Exercise For Tired Arms And
Apr 09, 2014

I was watching a yoga show ("watching" being the operative word) and the instructor said she had a great exercise for people who sit at a desk and type all day. You can do this in your chair. You hold your arms out to your sides and keeping them straight out, rotate/twist them back and forth within the shoulder socket. You go as far as you can one way, and then hold it for a few seconds and then go the other way as far as you can and hold it. Your palms will point down one way and up ...

Ergonomic Saddle Chair/stoor With Arms
Nov 05, 2012

I am looking for an ergonimic chair/saddle stool with a back or arms to buy.  They are very pricey new, but I thought to see if anyone has one that just did not work out for them here.  If you have one and can send me pictures and my basic deal is I am very short and need one that the seat will adjust pretty low/ ie in the neighborhood of 16 inch height I would like to hear from you.  Thanks ...

Podiatry Help, Hammertoe Deformity With Painful Plantar HVK (hallux Valgus What?) Sm
Jan 14, 2010

I could be wrong on the *K* in the HVK but sounds pretty clear.  ...

On RT Simulation: His Arms Were Held Slightly "a Kimble" On His Sides.
Dec 23, 2010

? ...

Exam Reveals Thoracic Kyphosis. There Is Painful Hardware At The Mid Thoracic Region
Apr 09, 2013

His ______ angle (s/l ben-angle) is decreased.  Thanks for any help.   ...

Her Arms And Legs Are Likewise Very Thin And Almost S/l “kakesic”. Any Help Would Be
Sep 28, 2011

Podiatry Help - S/l Hammertoe With Painful "hum-oh-mo Molly."
Jun 11, 2015

Thank you! ...

Prepping For Surgery: "Arms Were Tucked In And The "s/l Drain Stops" Were In Place&q
Mar 28, 2012

x ...