A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Monitors, can you check IP addresses of MTSO - wondering

Posted: Jan 11, 2010

One person posted about a job for a long time and now the same job is being posted by another individual.  I think she's just having us do her work.  Can you see if it is the same IP address?  Just sounds oddly the same.  Thanks.

Nicole, Renee, M&Dscribe, etc. - Lousable

[ In Reply To ..]
These people post knowing they will get at least a few people respond before their add is taken down. They then send you a file to type (while is only a few days old if that). You type it, send it back, they send you an email stating you are not "right" for that particular account or dictator, they just got a free job typed! They are always long and awful dictators. Also try to find info on their company, I have never been able too. Says a lot!!!

YOU SAID IT!! - old frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Another new post from them today!

Agree. Some of us have a lot of exp, CMT & SM - Hear hear

[ In Reply To ..]
still told we're not suitable. Something is wrong with this situation.

I am looking into these job ads. SM - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]
I have posted a warning on the Job Seeker's board. Please do not apply or respond to job ads that do not contain identification of some kind.

I will do as much gatekeeping as I can but the ultimate responsibility lies with posters to:
1. Not respond or apply with companies not willing to tell you up front who they are and give contact information.
2. Report job ads that I may miss in my moderating.

snide remarks - oldone

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks to the moderator. I do not think that any of us are in a place to talk down to or be snide to someone who is asking about a word. For goodness sake...who is perfect? I am so glad the moderator addressed this habit. Let's be sweet ladies and gentlemen...takes as much time and effort to be nasty to someone as to be nice to someone. Why hurt someone on here? Like my dad used to say (and I'm sure he coined someone else's phrase but is so true)...if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all. Yeppers, I beez old but I beez sweet.

not every computer has its own IP number. IP numbers ...sm - ?

[ In Reply To ..]
can cover a whole geographic area and all computer in this area have the same IP #.

Similar Messages:

Why So Many Different Addresses?
May 29, 2015

When filling out my some paperwork, I found it a little odd that at least 3 different addresses are used and the addresses on my W2 and pay stub are different.  Seems a little shady to me, but I'm not surprised.  ...

LOOKING UP NAMES AND ADDRESSES
Nov 12, 2009

Does anyone else ever have a problem with a doctor/nurse, etc. who sends out letters or just on regular reports who gives no complete names or addresses?  We have a place to go look them up but it does sometimes take a chunk out of my time doing it.  One or two minutes means a lot sometimes.  I have one doctor who dictates letters to "Dr. Smith, Dr. Jones," etc. and there are only about 10 of each of those listed and sometimes you cannot tell what the specialty is to look it up.&n ...

Physician's Addresses
Sep 01, 2011

What's a good website to use to get current addresses of physicians?  Thanks ...

IP Addresses From Posts On This Board
Jan 07, 2012

Further down this page, there is a post about TT employees being tracked by their IP addresses and then having lawsuits filed against them.  Is anybody here computer-savvy enough to explain to me how I can track the IP address of another poster here or the IP address of somebody who sends me an email? I thought this board was anonymous in a sense, although individuals can voluntarily give up their semi-anonymity if they use a regular posting name or respond to emails from the same email ad ...

Is Transcend The One Who Monitors
Jun 22, 2010

Just wondering as I saw their newest ad.  I know many have left recently, and I want to be informed. ...

Monitors. I Think It Would Be A Great Idea To Have The
Jul 19, 2012

like/dislike buttons on the job seekers board.  That way maybe these rotten employers who are offering 7 cpl will get the message! ...

Switching Between Computers/monitors
Oct 07, 2014

The name of the program is Synergy. ...

SOFTSCRIPT MONITORS THESE POSTS!!!
Jan 30, 2015

WARNING!!!  SoftScript monitors these posts!!!  Check out Gigi's comment below!!!  Maybe they would have happy employees if they spent more time on their business and less time on these boards!!! ...

Copying Word 2003 Autocorrect...but Didn't Take Addresses?
Feb 28, 2011

So, I did the whole process of copying Word 2003 autocorrect with the support.doc macro, and it worked wonderfully.  Only thing, it didn't copy any of the doc addresses I had on the original computer.  Took everything else though.  Any ideas? ...

Yo, Monitors. Can The Apostrophe Thingie In The Mid Nickname Be
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

Shout Out To Monitors. I Keep Posting And It Keeps Saying Text
Nov 25, 2011

Monitors, There's No Company Info For Those SOAP Notes Ads
Feb 25, 2011

nm ...

MONITORS: Using Apostrophes In The Nickname Line Blocks My Posts With
Jan 02, 2010

Also, how can I tell when I've run out of space to post in the subject or nickname fields? My posts get cut off a lot.   Just FYI, your message above is misspelled as "Swith" to Plain Text instead of "switch." :) ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

My New MTSO
Oct 04, 2010

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to post this on. I have a few questions pertaining to my new MTSO business. Any input or advice would be helpful. First of all, I need help with pricing. I charge my clients .12 per 65 character line. I believe that is the going rate for my area. I am wondering what to pay my transcriptionists and editors. I originally thought to pay my transcriptionists .08 per 65 character line and my editors .04 per 65 character line but then I wouldn't be making any pr ...

MTSO?
Oct 24, 2010

Hello Everyone, I have just recently found this board and I have a couple of questions.  I don't know where else to post it, so I hope I've put this on the right forum. What does MTSO mean? Why is there a Medquist specific forum on this board?  Is this site operated by Medquist? Just curious. ...

Does Your MTSO Tell You This And Do You Believe Them?
Mar 31, 2011

"You are a valued team member and we want you to be as successful as possible." ...

MTSO
Jul 19, 2011

If I owned a MTSO company, and if I were monitoring this board in order to glean comments made about my company, and if I were unhappy with what I read, I would do the following:  I would send a company-wide e-mail to my people asking for their input on what I could do to make things better for them and correct the problems aired on this board.   I would realize that there are companies that would make life difficult for MTs who dare to complain about an injustice and that they ne ...

New MTSO
Apr 24, 2013

Simply put...I need help.  I am a single mother.  I am a CMT and been in this lousy business over 20 years.  I have been job hunting out of this business almost a year now with no bites.  I had a dream job but was bought out by M Modal.  I went from abundant work to none on a daily basis.  I am truly struggling.  I know people who work for great companies keep it to themselves, for the fear of over hiring and no work.  I am truly asking for help in seeking ...

Been Qa At Many MTSO. Have Never Had Anyone Tell Me
May 14, 2013

tied to qa, N qa wouldnt have to be told how to edit either. ...

QT MTSO
Mar 23, 2014

Just wanted everyone to know that that owned QT might be around again, so please stay clear of this company. There are bad news and have a pretty awful history of burning accounts and MTs. Not the most ideal company or couple for that matter. LOL ...

MTSO Rates
Nov 23, 2009

Do you think the MTSOs cut their rates to their clients who are now using VR just as they have cut their MTs rates?  Seems that some MTSOs are scrambling for some reason to cut everyone's pay down (even their MT pay, not just ME pay).  I wonder if they are in over their heads with this new venture into VR and losing their arses and realizing it isn't quite the godsend everyone is making it out to be.  One can hope, and would serve them right! As far as MTSO rates are co ...

Nonpayment By An MTSO
Jan 03, 2010

How does one go about collecting money from a small MTSO who still owes me $1,049 for transcription I had done for them?  I quit working for them in May 2009 when I hadn't received payment.  I sent them several e-mails and they did pay me some of the money owed me.  Originally they owed me $2,049; paid me with one check for $500, then two more checks for $200 each, which were sent to me every few months in between.  They kept telling me they would pay me off the com ...

How Much Do You Think The MTSO Makes
Mar 20, 2010

If they are paying 8 CPL how much are they getting paid per line? Any general ideas? ...

10 Suggestions For All MTSO's:
Mar 24, 2010

To all MTSO's:1. Show us the money. You make tons of it. We know it. You know it. Try paying us more of it, and cheating us out of less of it.2. Simplify your transcription platforms. Every time you "improve" them, for some STRANGE reason, it gets harder and harder to do a day's work on them. Some software salesman has sure taken advantage of whoever in your company buys transcription software. Please. Develop some sales resistance.3. Let MTs working on a primary account STAY on that a ...

Caring MTSO
Apr 15, 2010

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, I'm curious to know if there are any MTSOs out there who you guys feel really and truly care about their MTs and not just the bottom line? I understand that business is business but it seems to me that if you have happy MTs then you have productive MTs, willing to accommodate and go above and beyond for the company, which in turn makes the retention rate of quality MTs high because they are happy.  They get to know the ...

MT Week And MTSO's
May 19, 2010

The little "trinkets" some of you have received is extremely comical and a so-called slap in the face to some, but some may view it as an actual good gesture, although I do not agree. When I worked at neurology they used to always acknowledge MT week with flowers or a $25 gift card to our local mall, but when they got a new office manager he combined Secretary's Week and MT Week into one. My coworker and I got acknowledged one year on Secretary's Week - now that is a slap in the face ...

MTSO And Platform
Aug 18, 2010

Can someone tell me what MTSO and platforms are? I am obviously a newbie and don't know what these terms mean.  Thanks for your help in advance. ...

Question For MTSO's
Sep 06, 2010

My question is regarding what you consider to be a fair split when contracting an IC. I have been approached about adding accounts and will need help from one or two IC's to accomplish everything. Can you share what you feel is a reasonable split? 50/50, higher, lower? I want to be fair but I also need to cover my costs as well. If you prefer, you may contact me privately by email quiet_type at hotmail dot com. Thank you. ...