A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

is Transcend the one who monitors - when and how long you use the bathroom

Posted: Jun 22, 2010

Just wondering as I saw their newest ad.  I know many have left recently, and I want to be informed.

I believe it is TTS - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend seems to have weekly ads - so obvioulsy they are losing MTs rapidly either by firing them or them fortunately leaving on their own for better career opportunities. Transcend can monitor when you are actually typing from what I remember hearing during a phone conference.

While I believe some MTs... sm - ><

[ In Reply To ..]
are no longer with Transcend either because of their own quitting or being fired, I don't believe there is a mass exodus going on as you would lead people to believe. There are other reasons why a company posts job openings, not just because of MTs leaving.

Whether you like or not RLee, Transcend is a thriving business and there are many happy transcriptionists at the company. You're continued negativity about the company is wearing very thin. I saw you post a couple of weeks ago that the Transcend ship was sinking... really?

There are unhappy transcriptionists in all companies and some are more vocal than others, obviously.

I have worked for Transcend for over 6 years. There have been many ups and downs but I decided to stay with it and it has worked out well for me.

My 'problem' I guess for lack of a better word, with your continued posting is that your experience with the company was VERY narrow and limited to ONE region and how long exactly did you work for Transcend?

I wish you nothing but luck and hope that you find a job soon. I hope that people take your posts about Transcend with a grain of salt as the limited experience, albeit bad I will admit, it was.

geez, you chastizing RLee - is getting on my nerves

[ In Reply To ..]
I am the OP. I was obviously mistaken about Transcend vs. TTS. That is all. You don't need to take advantage of the situation by bullying RLee on this thread. Give it a rest. I currently work for a company worse than Transcend and probably TTS too, and I know the "signs" of when a company is heading the direction of my current company. If I see or read about any of these signs, I will avoid it like the plaque. I don't need to jump from one sinking ship to another.
This is the first time.. sm - ><
[ In Reply To ..]
I've posted anything to RLee. Maybe when RLee gives it a rest, the others will give it a rest as well.

Peace.
Give it a rest - please
[ In Reply To ..]
Rlee is not directng her posts either negative or positive to any single poster unlike yourself.
you all need to back off. (NM) - just saying no longer listening
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Hmmm - - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
How do you now I was limited to ONE region - sounds like you may be part of management. I only worked for them for a little over a year as the result of a merge, but was with the company (Deventure) before the merge for 3 years with no problems whatsoever and bonuses due to me meeting all the requirements to receive such bonuses. I do not care if Transcend thrives or not - with that said I will continue to post my opinions and experiences as I see fit to the topic at hand.
Touche' - ><
[ In Reply To ..]
I intend to do the same. I hope we can agree to disagree. There are positives and negatives about all companies depending on who you talk to. I wish it could have worked out better for you. Again, I wish you luck with everything.

PS - not any kind of management, just a lowly peon at the bottom end of the food chain.

Peace.
We support you RLee - MTPockets
[ In Reply To ..]
Funny how every single time you post, some "unknown" person who sounds suspiciously like a suit has to try to negate what you say. Sounds like you hit a nerve.

Keep on telling the truth. We need more MTs like you to expose these slimeballs.
I agree and I find her posts factual and as neutral as she can be - Under the circumstances
[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes I think that "other poster" with so many aliases just tries to rattle her to make her twist off so she loses credibility. Fortunately, she has truth on her side and doesn't rattle.

I enjoy her non-Transcend posts as well.
funny how some people think everyone with any good to say is a "suit." nm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Deflection, deflection, deflection. - Not anon
[ In Reply To ..]
RLee never mentioned that she only worked for one region. Who else would know that?
That is correct - Who would have known?
[ In Reply To ..]
MTs are not as stupid as MTSOs would like us to be.
MTPockets - Ex-MDI
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. We all got the shaft from those folks.

I agree and this is my problem with forums in general - One person posts hundreds of times and people assu

[ In Reply To ..]
One person can post numerous times and if it gets said enough times, people believe it, whatever it is.

Someone could start a rumor that there is a new law that people can't work on Fridays. If it gets posted enough times, people will actually believe it.

When I read about the problem with breaks being monitored, I wonder if it's because smokers have abused break privileges. So now let's hear it from the smokers, or we could make this comment over and over and people will take it for a fact, rather than a supposition.

I agree. I'm surprised she is allowed to use - the board as her personal campaign against TRCR.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Funny you should ask - crazy transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember seeing that post also, and I think it was Transcend, but not sure. But I can tell you, I went ahead and applied with them during all those negative postings. I got the job and have been very happy with them so far. Today I happen to be having stomach problems and have been back and forth with no complaints from anyone, but my belly :) When I come back there are usually stats waiting and my phone has not rang once. I honestly believe a job is what you make it! I will say that I have a quit a job recently, will not name the company, but I have never seen a negative post about them, yet I was unhappy there, just goes to show "Different Strokes for Different Folks!" Good lucky and happy job hunting.

Not Transcend...TTS does that - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

TTS - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How can they tell if you are working or not? Is it done via the foot pedal?
Yes, they have a monitoring system - looney
[ In Reply To ..]
on the foot pedal and they know if you are actively working or not. It states this in their orientation paperwork. That was when I called a halt to accepting an IC position with them.
LOL, WAIT A SEC!!! - What???
[ In Reply To ..]
All this time I thought you guys were being facetious when you posted about TTS having a "monitoring system"!!!

It's seriously in their CONTRACT that they monitor you for activity via some device installed on the foot pedal?

Are there foot pedals that automatically come with this James Bond stuff, or is this something they purchase and install themselves?

You know, I'm sitting here laughing to myself at how ludicrous it is...but on the other hand I'm kind of mortified they would even think to install such a device.

So, you guys are NOT joking? Anyone who works for TTS is electronically surveiled to make sure they are indeed working their wee feet on the pedal and transcribing away?

Whoa...
No, not joking.... - looney
[ In Reply To ..]
and yes they do actually have the foot pedal set up to monitor if it is actually being used and it is monitored by them. It straight out said that in the paperwork. It is crazy and it takes the micro management to an all new level.
That is, probably without a doubt, the CREEPIEST thing I've ever heard - Shudder
[ In Reply To ..]
Not laughing quite so much now...I'm trying to figure out what happens if you download a job and then someone knocks at the door or something.

Dang, I'll bet their MTs must feel like Lindsay Lohan on a Saturday night with that freaking ankle monitor accessory she's trotting around with.

Although I'll bet they keep a closer eye on their MTs than the cops do on Lohan, haha.

Seriously, though...talk about micromanagement.

Do you suppose they notice if you tossed a PDR on it if you had to step away to use the restroom or anything? Hmmmmmm....
They're not the only ones that monitor. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe there are devices installed in the foot pedals, but there are programs in the management software that allow them to see when a person is actually typing and when they're not.

AllType has a program that allows the TL to see when a person is actually online and typing. It even allows the TL to see exactly where the MT is in a report. MDI also had a program that is built into the management software that shows what jobs are on the system and which MT is typing on which job. You can be logged into their system, but if you are not actually typing in a report, your MT ID does not show as working at the time they run that report. They can tell when a person has opened a report and backed out of it, which is how they catch the cherry pickers.

I think they all pretty much have some sort of program built into the management software that allows them to see who is typing, when, and how much.

As for putting a PDR on the foot pedal, I don't think that they've become THAT sophisticated that they can distinguish between the actual foot and a PDR. lol But they can probably tell if it has reached the end of the voice file and the MT is still in it for any length of time.
Monitoring - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I am only speaking on behalf of Transcend's BeyondTXT platform - if you are logged into their system, but do not have any jobs actually downloaded the TL cannot see that you are logged in from my experience. The TL can only see what jobs are downloaded to you, how many jobs, the length, etc. I do know on their MLS website their is a link that shows what time you downloaded each job and how long it took you to complete each job. On the BeyondTXT platform it shows which job is opened as well as if you sent a job back, but you have to give a reason for sending the job back or it will not allow it to go back into the pooling. On the other hand, I do not know with all mentioned above how they can tell when you are actually TYPING.

One time I had my TL call me on the phone and ask where I had been. I told her that I was logged into the system since the beginning of my shift, and she stated she could not tell as I had no jobs downloaded. In that particular case NONE were downloaded, as there was no work in my pooling. I told her it was pretty hard to see me as availalbe since my pooling was pretty much dried up on a daily basis with NJA.
ATSI has monitoring - Sassy Pants
[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for them. Their platform is 3 windows. One to sign in/out. One to open/download work. One to send/upload work. The system monitors the time you downloaded it, how long it took you to type it, the time you uploaded it, and if you had any work type out for longer than 1 hour, you got warning emails and finally a repool and that counted against you. If you just could not get to that report yet, then you had to ask QA for an extension. Yep, they monitor. They know when you got the report and when you sent it so they knew who was "working" and who was "in the bathroom". Alot of (former) MTs there would open their windows, take off, and come back to do the reports later. Not me, of course, but I did see that happen.
They literally climbed out the windows? LOL!!! - How funny!
[ In Reply To ..]
I can picture it now and it's seriously making me LOL! I guess they thought no one would catch on? How did you keep a straight face as they were making their exodus for freedom???
To Sassy Pants - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
Transcend's BeyondTXT platform also has a 4-hour limit on any reports you have downloaded. If you have a job for more than 4 hours it times out and sends the job back into the pooling. It also gives a warning that the jobs are timing out. It is 4-hour window so in my opinion that is plenty of time to type what reports you have downloaded unless each report is between 30 to 60 minutes of course. But my question is how does the system know when fingers are actually on the keyboard every minute unless it can see what you are actually typing. From what I gather the system only determines the length of reports including time downloaded and time completed. They could get somewhat of an idea as to when you were typing, but without actually seeing your screen every minute how would they know?
They've had similar stuff for years - but not used for evil
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it basically works on the same principle as a screen saver, but instead of looking at what your whole computer is doing, it isolates out whatever program you use for work. I would assume that they have it set so that the "screen saver" kicks on at 2 minutes or whatever they deem as satisfactory time away, at which point alarm bells, strobe lights, and sirens go off in the team lead's office and the hounds are unleashed to flush you out and get you back to your cell, er, I mean desk.
Good point RLEE... - Sassy Pants
[ In Reply To ..]
I just meant about the "bad" MTs downloading some work, taking off to do whatever, then come back later to do the reports. I guess it was to get a bunch of reports/lines, but do them whenever they felt like it. IC status can get away with it, I guess. Anyway, We got emails constantly about it, like "so and so has reports out there but is not working or answering their phone." They could've lied to us too just to scare us into never leaving the keyboard, not a surprise there either. But, I do not actually know if they can tell your keyboard strokes of when you are actually working. So glad I don't have a webcam LOL. Good point, though :-)
I wonder if this creepy monitoring also applies to TESTING - I bet it does / sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that's probably why so many experienced MTs flunk the tests.
Too many pee-breaks?
I wouldn't think it would apply to testing. - Not paid for testing.
[ In Reply To ..]
They most certainly monitor to see how long it takes you to do a report to test your speed. But then again, most experienced MTs already know that their speed is crucial when testing. So why would they take repeated pee breaks? Don't get where you were heading with that comment. LOL
So, I wonder what their little monitor would register - at their end if I went and - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
flushed the foot pedal down the toilet? Or threw it out the window? Or put it on the RR tracks for the next freight train to squash? Or put it in the microwave for 10 min. on "high"?

The possibilities for fun are endless...
So what if you are just so gosh darn good at VR - IAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
and the platform picks up VR so well, as promised for half of our CPL than text, and the dictators are just so awesomely clear and wonderful and don't constantly say things like nitrates in the urine and you don't/shouldn't have to use your foot pedal????? What happens then at TTS??? Does this gizmo tell them you are not working??? Unbelievable!!
Sorry you had another question in there - looney
[ In Reply To ..]
that I didn't answer. I never took the time to find out if it was a special foot pedal or not, but I think it was something they installed in your computer that monitored your foot pedal and if I remember correctly you keyboard also. I would have to recheck and see if I still have the email with their paperwork to verify the keyboard, but I am almost positive they could track that way also.
To Looney - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
If it was a monitoring system on the foot pedal it would not make any sense. Do they supply you with the foot pedal upon employment?? If so, what if you needed to replace your foot pedal for some reason. Does not make much sense to me it would be in the foot pedal. It does, however, make sense when they downloaded their program or platform on your computer they could include a special feature to monitor that way. I know Transcend stated on a phone conference they can monitor when you are typing - I do not know how and never asked - just presumed it was downloaded by tech support when they set up their program on my computer. I cannot speak for TTS, but if Transcend can find a way to monitor I am sure others have figured out a way as well. I personally do not know why they would want to baby-sit their MTs in such a sneaky way - only if their is a problem with an MT not doing their work. In that case their line count can reflect whether the MT is performing up to standard requirements. I wonder if such companies have a job description for the person doing the monitoring - seems like it would be a time consuming task to monitor each and every MT on a daily basis - minute to minute. It gives you an eery feeling knowing they know every move you make. With that said - I never really gave it much thought, as I was always available during my shift and then some.
It is an eerie feeling - looney
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, I double checked my email that was sent to me because I didn't want to make any false statements. This is what it said:

"Production time is tracked off the technology system and monitors the time you are actually in the document working (hands on the keyboard or foot on the pedal). If you are idle in excess of 4 minutes the time stops tracking. You must remain actively working. If you are researching etc, give it 3 minutes. If unable to find, leave a blank and move on. The production time is the remote method of âpunching the clockâ and is monitored daily."

From what current/former employees have said, if that 3-4 minute mark comes and goes then your phone starts ringing and they are asking you where you are.

Keep in mind, this is an IC position. I wonder if they were to hire employee status if they would have a shackle that you had to put on, plug the other end into your computer and that would be how you connected to their server and it wouldn't unlock until they said it could? LOL!
are you describing the condition in a - what !
[ In Reply To ..]
detention facility?

What terrible working conditions! And this in the 21st century!

I would never, never work for such a company. I am sure this is against the labor laws.

We are not on death row.

Could you, please, give the 1st initial of this company?

Is it a "m" ? Not Medquist, lower letter m.
The company is TTS - nm - looney
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
The fact that it's for an IC position makes it even more revolting - Ball and Chain
[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly, to be an IC and SUPPOSEDLY able to somewhat make your own schedule and to have them calling you every 4 minutes you fall into nonproduction range? And to have the pressure of sitting there timing yourself to dedicate no more than 3 minutes to researching something?

Imagine an IC with OCD trying to do THAT job...I'd be a jittery mess after about an hour of obsessing over that electronic device AND if I were spending too much time researching something. What if Google freezes? What if you're frantically searching a reference book and trying to play beat the clock at 3-1/2 minutes before it times out at 4 minutes and...DROP THE BOOK?

Maybe they should just install a web cam and blast it on You Tube so the general public could point and laugh at the MT having a nervous breakdown, lol!
Wow. I would save that and submit it to the USDOL. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
1. ICs cannot legally be bound to a "clock."

2. Even if an employee, USDOL considers any time devoted to work-related tasks as "working" time. Reading their emails? You're working. Reading account specifics? You're working. Printing out whatever they want printed out? You're working. Logged into their system waiting for jobs to show up on your schedule? YOU ARE WORKING ACCORDING TO USDOL.

Too many of these MTSOs feel that only "hands on the keyboard or foot on the pedal" constitutes "work time." And boy are they wrong.
RE: eerie feeling... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
this company is Transcription, Technology & Support, LLC

(TTS)
Place a brick on it! LOL - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
OMG, hospitals had that in the 80s - nothing new (SM) - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
That was how they obtained the numer of MINUTES you typed a day, and it was a precise count of how much you did, how much you are capable of, how much as a department they produced...etc., it was all measured by minutes.

Now-a-days seems it is used for other purposes, but didn't scar me then, doesn't scar me now.
then, they paid up to 25 cents per line - shackles? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Honey, this was before production and work at home positions. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It's also a myth. I was there. Don't believe everything you read - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I sat next to the monitoring system. sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
In-house departments do their statistics, you know. It was part of their monitoring of the department's intaks/output and how much money they were making, where they could improve to make more, and how much of a budget they could ask for fiscally.

they had the computer that monitored the transriptionists by the foot pedal in minutes. HOWEVER, it was not used to monitor us to see how much 'goofin' we did or how long the lunches.

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. - Not just bathroom breaks

[ In Reply To ..]
Some months back, it had started to rain, and my car was very, VERY dusty. I sent an IM to my supervisor and said I'll be back in 20 minutes, I'm going to go drive my car up and down the freeway for a while to take advantage of the free car wash from heaven. Mind you, this was right in the middle of my shift, and we had plenty of work.

My supervisor's response? See ya when ya get back!

But seriously... we are expected to be mature adults about our work habits, and as long as we get our work done, nobody complains about "excessive" breaks. In fact, the most recent announcement on the MLS website recommends taking FREQUENT breaks, as it has been found to increase overall productivity.

Funny - just the opposite. I have been with transcend for 4 years but - transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
in the last 6 months to a year or so I have felt like big brother is watching every move I make, waiting to pounce on anything and everything. I am even afraid to complain about issues with the platforms because it is always "my fault". But isn't it odd that "my fault" problems end up on the forums as issues for everyone else. Transcend is getting worse and worse. Enjoy your honeymoon while it lasts.

Monitoring/Interrogations - Lucy

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a hospital on eScription. There is a VERY detailed report available in eScription. They could tell exactly what % of the time you were typing or looking things up or going to the bathroom, etc! The leads would print these audits and review every detail and then bring stuff up 3 months later in an evaluation. Just like an interrogation, "Where were you at 2:10 a.m. on the morning of June 23rd - this report with 20 lines was open for 5 minutes!" Lord help the person with irritable bowel syndrome! There is also tracking so that they can "see" what changes you make to a report, editing or straight typed.
That is crazy.... - looney
[ In Reply To ..]
If they tell you how much production they expect out of you, then who cares how long it takes you if you get paid by the line and things are still within TAT.
is this the........ - shame !
[ In Reply To ..]
GULAG or one of Hitler's concentration camps?

Constant monitoring = p*$$ poor management - some companies have not figured that out

[ In Reply To ..]
If you can't trust an employee to do their job without having to constantly breathe down their neck, then they shouldn't be working for you. Plain and simple.

And if you find it necessary to micromanage people who CAN do the job, then there's something wrong with YOU.

When I was a manager, I trained my people and then turned them loose. They knew they could always come back to me with questions. They also knew that if they weren't doing their jobs, the results of their not doing their jobs would cross my desk soon enough, so it was not necessary for me to monitor their every move.

Amen!!! - looney - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Happy TTSer - HyperTyper

[ In Reply To ..]
You people are nuts!! I work for TTS and they are a wonderful company to work for. I worked at home for 14 years prior for a hospital and they were able to see when you were working and when you weren't. This has nothing to do with micro-managing. This is called accountability! They want to see 35 hours out of 40 hours worked for a week. Since there is no time clock to punch, how else would you know when the MT is working? You all are blowing this way out of proportion. If you were actually working, instead of being on here trashing the companies, you wouldn't be worried if people were monitoring you or not!

Then maybe they should abandon minimum line counts - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
If suddenly the bottom line is whether or not you're working eight hours a day, then it's time to get rid of minimum line counts and call it an 8/hour shift. In addition, if they are going to monitor the work that closely, they cease to be able to call it an IC position, as this falls clearly within the definition of employee versus contractor.

If they want 35-40 hours a week - looney

[ In Reply To ..]
then hire employee status and not IC. Punching a time clock is not IC status. Look up the IRS definitions. If you meet a line count then there is the production and that is all THEY should worry about.

And are you not on here and not producing yourself? I finished my lines for today because I got up at 5:00 this morning to get my lines knocked out early. I set my own schedule!

By definition, as an IC they don't need to see me. - --

[ In Reply To ..]
As an IC, all they are supposed to do is tell me what the turnaround is on it and leave me alone. I think a time clock is actually one of the defining criteria in determining employee vs IC, and monitoring how long someone has been away from the keyboard established more firmly an employer rather than contract relationship.

foot pedal monitoring - sm - been there

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, i found out with an hourly job that i could be monitored via the footpedal. since i was fast, i would start job up at beginning and put an ankle weight on the footpedal to boost the time i was at work with footpedal. Sad but true.

I've always been proud of the fact that I work hard so monitoring would only be - good for me!

[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked all my life wishing that management would notice that I work hard and stay on task.

Similar Messages:

Monitors. I Think It Would Be A Great Idea To Have The
Jul 19, 2012

like/dislike buttons on the job seekers board.  That way maybe these rotten employers who are offering 7 cpl will get the message! ...

Switching Between Computers/monitors
Oct 07, 2014

The name of the program is Synergy. ...

SOFTSCRIPT MONITORS THESE POSTS!!!
Jan 30, 2015

WARNING!!!  SoftScript monitors these posts!!!  Check out Gigi's comment below!!!  Maybe they would have happy employees if they spent more time on their business and less time on these boards!!! ...

Monitors, Can You Check IP Addresses Of MTSO
Jan 11, 2010

One person posted about a job for a long time and now the same job is being posted by another individual.  I think she's just having us do her work.  Can you see if it is the same IP address?  Just sounds oddly the same.  Thanks. ...

Yo, Monitors. Can The Apostrophe Thingie In The Mid Nickname Be
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

Shout Out To Monitors. I Keep Posting And It Keeps Saying Text
Nov 25, 2011

Monitors, There's No Company Info For Those SOAP Notes Ads
Feb 25, 2011

nm ...

MONITORS: Using Apostrophes In The Nickname Line Blocks My Posts With
Jan 02, 2010

Also, how can I tell when I've run out of space to post in the subject or nickname fields? My posts get cut off a lot.   Just FYI, your message above is misspelled as "Swith" to Plain Text instead of "switch." :) ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...

Transcend Cpl
Jun 17, 2010

Our company was bought by Transcend and will start working for them in August.  Can anyone tell me what their starting line rate is or their average cpl. ...

Transcend Pay
Jun 25, 2011

Could someone please tell me what it is possible to be earning in say 3 months at Transcend? VR and straight typing? I am trying to make an important decision, and you never know the true pay, what to expect in advance, how long to get highly productive, etc. Thanks in advance. ...

Transcend/DTS
Jun 25, 2011

Did anyone else get the memo from Transcend (soon to take over from DTS) about the line rate change for the transitioning employees from DTS?  It was elegantly written, but basically it said that when the accounts are switched over the VR that the line rates will decrease but productivity will increase and no cut in pay is expected.  It is happening exactly how the posters on this board that have been through takeovers by Transcend said - decreased pay. I gave my notice already BT ...

OSI And Transcend
Aug 17, 2010

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and I have a question, does anyone know anything about Transcend or OSI, how about AllType??  Thank you  ...

Wmx - Transcend
Sep 02, 2010

It has been mentioned that Wmx has lost 2 large accounts that is the reason for people being let go.  Transcend has mentioned in the last few months about acquiring a new large account in September.  Was at least one of these 2 large accounts, if not both, acquired by Transcend??? ...

Transcend And TTS
Sep 17, 2010

I have a phone interview with Transcend out of Atlanta and TTS out of New Hampshire today and next week. I've been working for the same MT company for over 8 years, but they're losing accounts and cutting our pay so I'm looking to possibly change jobs. Has anyone worked for Transcend or TTS? I'm scared to death to change jobs at this point. I know the problems and shortcomings of my current company. I switched jobs once before for a few months and found that all the promises ...

Thank You Transcend!!!
Dec 20, 2010

Thank you Transcend for the gift card! ...

MDI/Transcend W2's
Jan 29, 2011

Received Transcend's, but not MDIs.  Didnt we work for MDI until February so we should get a W2 from MDI as well...correct?  TIA ...

Transcend W-2
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone received their W-2 from Transcend? ...

What Is Going On With DTS/Transcend?
Apr 06, 2011

Transcend was supposed to take over on 04/01/2011, but I have heard nothing from anyone - no emails, nothing.  I am still getting work though.  Any news? ...

Transcend - How Big??
Jun 08, 2011

Anyone know how many MTs?  At least number in US? ...

Transcend ?
Aug 19, 2011

Is it plausible that an MT here can make line count/quota, whatever they call it, reliably? Do you have steady work?  Just curious as I'm thinking of applying. ...