A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MONITORS: Using apostrophes in the nickname line blocks my posts with - a syntax error. Can this be fixed? SM

Posted: Jan 02, 2010

Also, how can I tell when I've run out of space to post in the subject or nickname fields? My posts get cut off a lot.

Just FYI, your message above is misspelled as "Swith" to Plain Text instead of "switch." :)

Just skip the apostrophes, and itll work just fine. - Body of the text does accept them, though.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Whaaaa? - Why dont we just do away with grammar altogether.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

relax; the apostrophes do not post right here. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

and can we dispense with the 'hood' slang too?NM - seasoned

[ In Reply To ..]
x
fo shizz, dat B buggin' - nomesain?
[ In Reply To ..]
peace out girlscout
"hood" slang? I think you posted this in the wrong place - I see no hood slang in above thread....
[ In Reply To ..]
Besides, this is an open forum, so long as no cursing, people can talk any way they want....snob
word - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
Î

I will the webmaster know. Thanks. NM - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Yo, Monitors. Can The Apostrophe Thingie In The Mid Nickname Be
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

SOFTSCRIPT MONITORS THESE POSTS!!!
Jan 30, 2015

WARNING!!!  SoftScript monitors these posts!!!  Check out Gigi's comment below!!!  Maybe they would have happy employees if they spent more time on their business and less time on these boards!!! ...

Are We Not Allowed To Put ('s) In The Nickname Section?
Dec 16, 2009

Everytime I try to respond to someone and put a ('s) like if I put "plumber's wife" or something like that in the Nickname section on post a message, and go to send it I get an error and it will not send. Now if I remove the ('s) then it sends.  Happen to anyone else? ...

Apostrophes
May 13, 2011

Which is correct...Louis' father or Louis's father   ...

Smartype Smart Blocks & EXText
Jan 04, 2010

I work in Dictaphone /EXText.   I am dependent on my Stedman's Smartype for 100s of 1000s of terms with which I am not familiar, and to which I have total access while in EXText.  However, I am not able to pull Smartype Smart Blocks (which I have created while in Word but not in EXText) into a current document.  In the past, I got around this problem at work by creating "instant macros," going into ctrl-s, cutting, pasting into current document and using as a g ...

Femoral Sciatic Blocks? Have Not Heard Of This Yet.
Feb 10, 2010

He had ACL surgery on the left knee done on December 17. With this he had femoral and sciatic blocks. ...

Possessive Apostrophes
May 19, 2010

I have a practicum student who is fighting me on this ->"diabetes management"...she is sure that you put an apostrophe on diabetes' (<-like this)...what is your opinion ...

Whats The Scoop, Are We Back To Apostrophes?
Mar 16, 2011

I always think the docs must go nuts when they dictate Alzheimer's or Crohn's or Behcet's and see Alzheimer or Crohn or Behcet.  Sometimes I think all of ADHI's rules and regs are just arbitrary.... Are we back to apostrophes now, according to those powers that be?  And who, by the way, ever gave them those powers, anyway?? ...

Is Transcend The One Who Monitors
Jun 22, 2010

Just wondering as I saw their newest ad.  I know many have left recently, and I want to be informed. ...

Monitors. I Think It Would Be A Great Idea To Have The
Jul 19, 2012

like/dislike buttons on the job seekers board.  That way maybe these rotten employers who are offering 7 cpl will get the message! ...

Switching Between Computers/monitors
Oct 07, 2014

The name of the program is Synergy. ...

Monitors, Can You Check IP Addresses Of MTSO
Jan 11, 2010

One person posted about a job for a long time and now the same job is being posted by another individual.  I think she's just having us do her work.  Can you see if it is the same IP address?  Just sounds oddly the same.  Thanks. ...

Shout Out To Monitors. I Keep Posting And It Keeps Saying Text
Nov 25, 2011

Monitors, There's No Company Info For Those SOAP Notes Ads
Feb 25, 2011

nm ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

Job Posts
Dec 30, 2009

Why is it, that when you apply for a job, the company doesn't have the decency to contact you back, after jumping through hoops to complete their testing? ...

Help Please, A Few Posts Down . . .
Apr 08, 2010

someone had the instructions for finding out about the STATUS on DocQManage.  I do not have the status.  Could someone walk me through this to see how to find out about the people working on my account?  Any help would be appreciated!!! ...

Where Did All The Posts
Jul 10, 2010

. ...

Wish We Could See All Posts In The
Jul 20, 2010

It would be nice if we could read all the posts in the current month.  Sometimes I want to follow a particular thread, but it falls off the bottom of the page and cannot be seen. Can this capability be enabled?   ...

Where Are All The Posts Between 8/1 And 8/8?
Aug 16, 2010

Posts missing for the week of 8/1 to 8/7 or 8/8.  hmmm.  Just wondering is all. ...

This Is What The Job Posts Lately Seem Like
Jan 19, 2011

Every time I look to see what's out there, as far as job requirements it seems to get worse and worse.  I just wanted to put something up here which is what this all reminds me of... thank you for putting up with my sick humor...  Here's what I think when I read jost postings: WANTED:  MT!!!!  This job is For YOU!  Why wait in the cold outside, freezing in your home which is a box under the highway when you can bask in the warmth of our SWEAT SHOP!!! Yes! We ...

The Posts About W2s. Sm
Jan 29, 2011

I am amazed at how many people ask the same question year after year about company after company.  Companies have until 1/31 to mail W2s.  The bigger the company, the longer it takes to finish up the previous year's books and have W2s ready to print.  It takes a lot of time to print, assemble, stuff, seal, stamp and mail an entire company's worth of W2s.  Smaller companies often take just as long because they don't have a large accounting department or the manp ...

Regarding All The Posts Below About Being On 100% QA----
Mar 21, 2012

First of all, it sickens me and I can't use the language I want to use about this or I'll get banned. A few weeks ago I failed an audit just under the 99%.  I started getting worried, and I confided in my CCM - told her I was worried about my pay being docked if I ended up on 100% QA.  I also told her why all of a sudden are they unhappy with my work when I have been here over 10 years and have always passed my audits.  The reasons for failing were ridiculous, and I tol ...

There have been a few times since I left MModal when I've wondered whether I did the right thing by leaving. I still come here to see what's going on, and seeing all the posts makes me know I did the right thing by leaving. Nothing seems to have changed for the good, and I doubt they ever will. God bless you each and every day for putting up with this company's mess and disrespect. ...

Did You See The Posts Below?? That Is It! You
Jan 06, 2013

for about 2-3 days.  You all need to seriously call in sick for 2-3 days.  I have emails to about 1,000 MTs.  When and IF we get more work coming in, we need to seriously take off by stating we are sick and cannot work.  Something has to be done and this is the only thing I can think of that might trigger something for the higherups to get a CLUE that we are human beings.    ...

Why Can't I See Any Posts, Only Ads?
Aug 26, 2013

Every time I click on MModal, a blank page comes up and it only goes as far as the advertisement. ...

With All These Posts About Getting Out Of MT,
Sep 19, 2013

It seems like when someone comes on here to say that they are getting out of MT and studying coding or nursing or something, someone always has something negative to say about what they are pursuing.  Well, what jobs are "safe" or good career opportunities.  There has to be SOMETHING that can't be sent overseas or hires someone without experience, etc. Right?! ...

FN Posts Yet Another Ad
Apr 21, 2014

Yes, they do need help.  The work has gone from NJA to multiple notices of needing help on specific accounts. However, they are hiring for people to do speech recognition work on the M-Modal platform - their version of this platform.  See discussions below.  This platform is nonproductive and cumbersome.  If someone from this company can make as much money per hour on this M-Modal platform as they were on the previous speech recognition platform, please, by all means, step up ...

May's Posts
Jun 06, 2015

Hi.  Just wondering if there is a way to view all posts from May, or can you only do a subject search?  At the bottom it shows June, July, Aug but not the prior month of May, etc.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...