A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hospital Professions Network - Curious

Posted: Jun 12, 2015

Has anyone used Hospital Professions Network for job searching?  I just stumbled across it, and have never heard of it before.  Thanks in advance for any info! 

:)

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Work For A Hospital, But You Live Out Of State From That Hospital?
Aug 13, 2010

Or how from that hospital do you live? ...

Changing To Canada Hospital From US Hospital Transcription
Jul 20, 2012

I have taken a new job to transcribe for a hospital in Canada.  What are the differences?  Can you post (or email me) links for websites that you use for references - looking up doctors, meds, etc.  Is the spelling different? ...

Key-ar-ade Network?
May 22, 2011

Doc is reporting on an echo. There is a s/l key-r-ade network noted in the right atrium. ...

A+ Network
Jan 01, 2015

Has anyone had experience with A+ Network?  There is nothing new in the archives as far as I can tell.  TIA ...

OSI . . . Global Network?
Mar 23, 2010

What do they mean when they say "global network of transcriptionists?"  THis means they outsource? ...

A+ Network Transcription
Jul 10, 2013

Is this a legitimate company?  Have sent my resume, but have not heard, also their website isn't working.  I actually live in the next town so could easily drive by and check it out, but I am not that desperate. It just really really irks me that on many occasions over the past few years when I have responded to a job opening, I either NEVER hear back or am sent a canned "take this test" e-mail and when I do and pass, I stll never hear. Common courtesy is gone now?  Really? ...

PREMIER MEDICAL NETWORK OUT OF KY
Oct 21, 2009

I wanted to warn all of you about Premier Medical Network out of Caneyville, KY, formerly of Louisville, KY.   Several of us have worked for them and all of us have either not been paid at all, not been paid on time, had to wait on checks to clear, found that checks would bounce if we did try to cash them, been promised bonuses but never paid them, etc, etc....and believe you me there is much more.  They will lie through their teeth to get you to work for them, promise you the wor ...

A+ Network Transcription Info?
Feb 09, 2015

Hello.  Does anyone have experience or thoughts about A+ Network Transcription?  Their ad says no replies other than interviews due to high volume and after hearing nothing, 2 weeks later I got a note to call, but that is okay.  There are tons of applicants these days.  Thanks for any info.   ...

Need Antivirus Suggestions For A Plus Network
Feb 18, 2015

I'm new to A Plus Network Transcription.  Wondering what antivirus program other MTs use with the TA+ system.  I have Microsoft Essentials and it seems to be causing problems.  I can't accept my feedback or dictator samples.  Thanks for any advice.  ...

NETWORK MARKETING VERSUS MT WORK
May 21, 2010

Just thought I would share an observation. Someone was talking to me about a job in sales, network marketing. The big complaint that I initially had against network marketing was based on what I had heard for many years, that it is like a pyramid setup where the guy at the top makes the most money. However, it turns out that with network marketing the guy at the top makes between 1% and 5%, where my profit on my own sales is between 25% and 50%. In contrast, with MT work, I get less than ...

Mitchem Consulting Network...need Info
Apr 19, 2011

TIA ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A + Network Out Of North Carolina Or Arrendale Associates?
Oct 24, 2012

Found some job openings from a company in North Carolina. I emailed asking for more info because the ad didn't give enough for me to feel comfortable sending a resume. Got an answer back stating a small company, bought out by Arrendale Associates. Any info appreciated. ...

Jumping Professions
Jan 06, 2010

I am medical transcriptionist contemplating jumping over to coding, is this an easy transition?  Has anybody else done this?  Any information/stories would be helpful as I contemplate this decision. TIA!! ...

Changing Professions
Feb 28, 2010

This message is to everyone who posts on this board, especially those who are advising/telling others to get out of the medical transcription field.  It seems that things have changed overnight with voice recognition and electronic charting but it is still very new and probably too soon to tell for sure how it will impact us.  Many of you are imagining the worst and every directive from a company or news item that appears is taken out of context and blown out of proportion by certain p ...

Anything Better Than At-home Professions Out There?
May 30, 2010

If at-home is really that bad, then is there a better school where I stand a better chance of getting hired after I'm done? Is there some kind of course I could take to get certified so as to fill in the blanks? to teach what at-home isn't? ...

Need Advice On AT-HOME PROFESSIONS
Dec 23, 2009

Hello all. I am totally new to this board and to the medical transcripting field. I recently started taking a correspondence course to become a MT, not really knowing what I was doing or who was credible, etc. Now I am wondering if I should have chosen a different course/school. Does anyone have any knowledge of the AT-Home Professions School? Any knowledge or advice you would have to pass on to a novice would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks so much! ...

Change Professions Everyone - It's Time - Here's How I Did It
May 31, 2013

I started medical transcription 16 years ago - all excited and thrilled to be able to work at home.  I made $20 to $25 an hour.  It allowed me to stay home with my children and still have a good income.  16 years ago, the starting rate per line was - .06 per line.  Which is now STILL the starting rate for many companies.  A few lucky old souls out there may get .09 or even .10 a line.  However, when I started, all we did was straight typing.  No pasting notes, ...

For Those On Disability Who Need To Change Professions (sm)
Jan 02, 2014

After I became disabled I went to the state Department of Rehabilitation and was amazed how much help they offer people who need to train for new careers.  The one I went do did complete testing to identify work limitations, gave tests for aptitude and desire for certain types of work, gave career counseling and even offered to pay for training programs, books, and software needed to change professions.  So for those who are disabled and working part time because of it, you might want ...

At-Home Professions Program
Oct 28, 2014

Hey guys, Has anyone heard of the At-Home Professions Program? Are they a good program, waste of time, or a complete scam? I am interested in this profession, but don't want to waste my time on the wrong program. Any good or bad advice is helpful. Thanks. ...

At-Home Professions Is An Accredited School
Nov 10, 2009

I am a graduate of At-Home Professions, I graduated in 2006.  It is an accredited school.  After completion of the program which actually took about one year, because I was working full time and completing the online course at the same time.  I was impressed with the courses and the help/assistance I received upon completion of the course.  When I completed the course I applied at a local MT company and was picked up to work in-house for one year and then home to work.  I have been employed ...

At-home Professions - Job Placement After Graduating?
Jan 20, 2010

I am currently taking an MT course through At-home professions schooling and was wondering of anyone else that went through the program. How did you like or dislike it and was there job placement after graduating? ...

Fort Collins At-home Professions
Feb 03, 2010

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to help me on an assignment having some difficulties and would greatly appreciate it! ...

At-home Professions, Working, Unions And Everything Else.
May 28, 2010

hey all, I am half way done with at-home professions. (I am starting the 4th part real soon) And now I am having real serious doubts as to whether I am going in the right direction. I am not really worried about how I will handle the problems of working at home. (loneliness wont bother me, I have a pet lizard to keep me company.)  Is there anyone here who has done the at-home professions course and hooked a job?  Is there some kind of union or association for MT's? I know at ho ...

At-Home Professions - Thoughts And/or Suggestions!
Sep 05, 2012

I am interested in starting courses in MT but want to make the right choice in where to take courses. I sat in on a seminar for a company called At-HomeProfessions. They are accredited and have an A+ rating through the better business bureau. The company is based out of Fort Collins, CO. www.at-homeprofessions.com. Has anyone taken courses through them?? Any suggestions on where to take courses if this isn't the best company to go through? Please let me know thoughts and/or suggestions! ...

Is At Home Professions A Good School For Medical Transcription?
Jan 25, 2011

Is At Home Professions a good school for medical transcription?  I read that it is not AHDI certified.  What does that mean? ...

Reputation Of "At Home Professions"
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone have any information about a company called "At Home Professions"?  i attended a seminar presented by that company to learn more about medical transcription as a profession.  I was impressed by the information and the materials but want to hear from someone who has taken their course.  Is the company credible? Thanks! ...

Hospital Course
Dec 30, 2010

This is part of a hospital course.  Not sure what the heading in bold should be so I gave the whole grouping for context. RESPIRATORY:  No issues.  CARDIAC:  No issues.  IV:  No issues.  HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY:  No issues.  METABOLIC/GASTROINTESTINAL:  Ultrasound on admission was the only ultrasound obtained.  SEN:  Patient was on D5 half-normal saline plus 20 mEq of KCl at 78 mL/hr throughout hospital admission.  On hospit ...

Hospital Job?
May 14, 2011

Just curious if anyone has a remote (long-distance) position with a hospital.  If so, did you have to work inhouse initially before being able to go home or not? My last employer (the current one MTSO I work for stinks so bad I don't even consider them an employer!) was a hospital that was part of a chain.  Of 50 MTs, there was one in Canada, one in Mexico, and one in China.  However, I'm fairy certain that they were Americans who lived locally and then subsequently mov ...

Seriously Hospital
Oct 06, 2014

Why can they not get this hospital to fix this? The only place I notice it is the OR dictations, so that narrows it down doesn't it? And today, is the worst I have heard it in a while.. ...

Cap THE In The Children's Hospital?
Nov 10, 2009

Consequently, we will educate ourselves on this particular disease as well as obtain medical records from the Children's Hospital. ...