A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

A+ Network Transcription - really?

Posted: Jul 10, 2013

Is this a legitimate company?  Have sent my resume, but have not heard, also their website isn't working.  I actually live in the next town so could easily drive by and check it out, but I am not that desperate.

It just really really irks me that on many occasions over the past few years when I have responded to a job opening, I either NEVER hear back or am sent a canned "take this test" e-mail and when I do and pass, I stll never hear.

Common courtesy is gone now?  Really?

you have to face reality - they get hundreds of resumes and testers - nationwide for couple of openingss. weigh the odds

[ In Reply To ..]
Imagine sending 600-800 responses, even canned text. right/wrong - reality.

are YOU legit? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Their ad has been up just barely 24 hours and you are complaining you've not heard anything? Are you serious or was your post just tongue-in-cheek (sometimes I admit, I can't tell)?

Most places that hire are not sitting there babysitting their email waiting to see if a response rolls in. Instead, they are usually inundated with resumes, which they allow to accumulate for several days (sometimes a week) before they even begin to peruse them. Then, then are most likely only going to respond to those whose qualifications fit their requirements and not likely going to do anything with those that don't (afterall who has time for that?).

Then they usually ask for those with the paper qualifications to prove they can back up that with the talent. They again are not likely to be contacting you to tell you you didn't because they will be busy corresponding with those who DID. Then they will offer a job to someone who may or may not take the job because they are sending their resume to 10 places a day and may get an offer from 5 of those, which means if the answer is no, they have to continue on until they've met "the one."

It's really not an issue of courtesy, common or otherwise, it a matter of man(woman) hours and practicality.

I surely would give them more than 24 hours after they posted the job tho.

Sorry.... - Sorry....

[ In Reply To ..]
My apologies, but the ad has been up for more than 24 hours. I only made the comment as their website is down completely and being new here and seeing some of the issues/complaints/problems with other companies either not being who they are or companies to stay away from, I was generally asking for some advice. Then again, with other companies I have applied to, I at least get a canned robo-e-mail at least letting me know that my e-mail and resume was received. Won't be bothering anybody again....sorry.

Sorry, don't be...sounds like management gets - angry too!!

[ In Reply To ..]
Poor them.

Similar Messages:

A+ Network Transcription Info?
Feb 09, 2015

Hello.  Does anyone have experience or thoughts about A+ Network Transcription?  Their ad says no replies other than interviews due to high volume and after hearing nothing, 2 weeks later I got a note to call, but that is okay.  There are tons of applicants these days.  Thanks for any info.   ...

Key-ar-ade Network?
May 22, 2011

Doc is reporting on an echo. There is a s/l key-r-ade network noted in the right atrium. ...

A+ Network
Jan 01, 2015

Has anyone had experience with A+ Network?  There is nothing new in the archives as far as I can tell.  TIA ...

OSI . . . Global Network?
Mar 23, 2010

What do they mean when they say "global network of transcriptionists?"  THis means they outsource? ...

PREMIER MEDICAL NETWORK OUT OF KY
Oct 21, 2009

I wanted to warn all of you about Premier Medical Network out of Caneyville, KY, formerly of Louisville, KY.   Several of us have worked for them and all of us have either not been paid at all, not been paid on time, had to wait on checks to clear, found that checks would bounce if we did try to cash them, been promised bonuses but never paid them, etc, etc....and believe you me there is much more.  They will lie through their teeth to get you to work for them, promise you the wor ...

Need Antivirus Suggestions For A Plus Network
Feb 18, 2015

I'm new to A Plus Network Transcription.  Wondering what antivirus program other MTs use with the TA+ system.  I have Microsoft Essentials and it seems to be causing problems.  I can't accept my feedback or dictator samples.  Thanks for any advice.  ...

Hospital Professions Network
Jun 12, 2015

Has anyone used Hospital Professions Network for job searching?  I just stumbled across it, and have never heard of it before.  Thanks in advance for any info!  :) ...

NETWORK MARKETING VERSUS MT WORK
May 21, 2010

Just thought I would share an observation. Someone was talking to me about a job in sales, network marketing. The big complaint that I initially had against network marketing was based on what I had heard for many years, that it is like a pyramid setup where the guy at the top makes the most money. However, it turns out that with network marketing the guy at the top makes between 1% and 5%, where my profit on my own sales is between 25% and 50%. In contrast, with MT work, I get less than ...

Mitchem Consulting Network...need Info
Apr 19, 2011

TIA ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A + Network Out Of North Carolina Or Arrendale Associates?
Oct 24, 2012

Found some job openings from a company in North Carolina. I emailed asking for more info because the ad didn't give enough for me to feel comfortable sending a resume. Got an answer back stating a small company, bought out by Arrendale Associates. Any info appreciated. ...

InfAny Info On Net Med Transcription, All-Write Transcription Or FutureNet Technologies?
Jun 11, 2010

I would appreciate any input anyone may have on these 3 companies. I have tried to find out about them through their local BBB, but only Net Med Transcription has anything on it. Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Any Advice On Craft Transcription Or SOAP Transcription??
May 30, 2014

Hi!   Anyone heard of or work for Craft Transcription or SOAP Transcription??? I have a interview today with SOAP. Any information is appreciated. ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

What Is Your Opinion Of Nuance Transcription And United Transcription (United In Charlotte, NC)
Jun 06, 2012

I have been offered a position with both.  I have; however, in the past, had a position where the employer still owes me $6000.  Does United pay and have the work?  Does Nuance have enough work for me?  I need full time work guaranteed income, like everyone else.  Good luck to all out there! ...

JLG Transcription - Good Or Bad, Anything About JLG Transcription?
Jun 24, 2011

Can anyone tell me, good or bad, anything about JLG Transcription? Thanks. ...

ASR -v- Transcription
Oct 12, 2009

Would someone explain to me how is that this company can legally pay us a lower rate for ASR compared to transcription?  After they pushed ASR on me, (said that I wouldn't ever get a 50:50 ratio of ASR to transcription) I am getting mostly ASR work.  My pay has dropped significantly.  Can they do this? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription
Oct 13, 2009

Does anyone know anything about, or have any experience with Q.E.D. Transcription? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription?
Nov 11, 2009

I have an interview tomorrow morning with this company, and I was wondering how they are to work for (i.e. work load, pay on time, platform, etc.).   TIA!!! ...

PRN Transcription?? Anyone??
Nov 19, 2009

Anyone have any information about P.R.N. Transcription?  Got a reply on a resume I sent out and am wondering what type of company they are???  Good, bad, ugly? ...

PRN Transcription
Nov 20, 2009

For those of you who have recently posted regarding PRN and have worked for them, is this the company out of Ohio?? ...

NOW Transcription
Dec 23, 2009

Hi all!  I was just wondering if anyone worked for NOW Transcription or if anyone knew anything about this company?  Any input would be appreciated. ...

P.r.n. Transcription
Feb 02, 2010

Just wondering if anyone works for this company or has any info on them and now they are to work for. Thanks. ...

Transcription USA
May 10, 2010

Anything on Transcription USA ...

GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION
May 17, 2010

Since the advent of voice recognition and overseas outsourcing, transcription has ceased to be a profession.   I will NEVER -- repeat, NEVER make the money I was making as a transcriptionist at a hospital 5 years ago, before we were replaced by VR and cheap outsourcing to India.   Now all that's left are transcription companies here in the U.S. that don't want to pay much more, lie to us and tamper with our line counts.   GET OUT, GET OUT OF TRANSCRIPTION! ...

A Day Without Transcription?
May 28, 2010

It seems that everyone has negative things to say about how employers do not pay MTs what they're worth and how they offshore the easy stuff, but pile on the lousy ESL stuff on the transcriptionists in the States. Too bad there can't be a general strike of U.S. MTs - a day without transcription - just to show how we're needed. It seems to be the only thing employers would understand. Impossible, I know, but I bet employers would sit up and take notice. ...

USA Transcription
May 30, 2010

They are so antiquated!  They want you to have a what?  A large cassette player and pick up tapes and live in Houston/Spring are and...  Good grief! ...

A Transcription Job
Jun 09, 2010

I would love to do medical transcription at home but I don't have very strong ESL experience.  I live in Arkansas, for pete's sake!  Is there not a transcription company out there that starts you out with dictators you can actually understand until you get used to everything????? ...