A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

At-Home Professions - thoughts and/or suggestions! - Missy

Posted: Sep 05, 2012

I am interested in starting courses in MT but want to make the right choice in where to take courses. I sat in on a seminar for a company called At-HomeProfessions. They are accredited and have an A+ rating through the better business bureau. The company is based out of Fort Collins, CO. www.at-homeprofessions.com. Has anyone taken courses through them?? Any suggestions on where to take courses if this isn't the best company to go through? Please let me know thoughts and/or suggestions! Thank you!

Missy - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't waste your time or money on At Home Professions. They will not adequately prepare you for our field. Try Andrews or M-TEC. Do your homework. There is a lot of info about At Home Professions out there. Read what others have experienced.

At-Home Professions - Rainwoman

[ In Reply To ..]
You probably want to think twice about getting into this field at all. Wages are declining and jobs are drying up, especially for newbies. Speech recognition, work going overseas,templated charts done on tablet computers are just some of the reasons. Jobs with speech rec. pay as little as $0.03/line.

Ditto, ditto - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Explore these boards and you will see where you should go to school if you really want to be in this field. Most people here just try to lead in the right direction when it comes to a school, not tell you where not to go. Anything other than what other poster just told you is answer enough.

A good "grade" by the BBB just means not enough people have bothered to complain to them. Most people don't go to the BBB when they've made a bad choice on their own.

Happy to see you exploring before making your decision on where to get schooling! Also explore thoroughly on the boards here if you truly want to go into this field.

Disagree - recentlyoutsourced

[ In Reply To ..]
I did the At-Home Professions course in 1996 and have had a pretty good career thus far, up until our hospital outsourced us to an MTSO. I recommend the school. Nothing is going to prepare you for this field 100%. Time in the chair will. They gave a good base to start with.

Go to AHDI's approved school list - Maizy

[ In Reply To ..]
If you want to start out right, go to http://www.ahdionline.org/careers/findanapprovedmtschool/tabid/251/default.aspx and choose a school from the list. These schools have been evaluated by MT professionals who know what it takes to make it in this field.

Disagree about that list - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That list is not necessarily a good guideline. Doesn't mean diddly, if you ask me, not that you did.

That list is a good starting point, but not all of the schools listed on it should be - In my opinion

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a good starting point, but not all of the schools on that list are worth your time and money. I wouldn't consider any school that isn't on the list, but I also wouldn't consider all of the schools that are.

At Home Professions - Dave

[ In Reply To ..]
I recommend AHP very highly. I took the course in 1999 and finished in 10 months with a 96.5 GPA (or equivalent). I went on to transcribe from home for 12 years and made a nice living until "speech recognition" reared its ugly head!

Go for it!

I would consider Career Step. First of all, it is the... - ndmt

[ In Reply To ..]
least expensive of the schools mentioned (MTEC and Andrews). I would skip At-Home Professions as I've never heard they have an actual affiliation with any company so I don't know their reputation for placing new grads. I know with Career Step there are companies that will hire new grads if they achieve a high score in their cirruculum. Money-wise, when you are working in a profession where $10.00 an hour is considered a good wage, paying back more money will be a big deal. My daughter and I, as well as a couple other friends of mine, all graduated and had jobs within 2 weeks. My daughter was hired at M*Modal and another couple friends at Spheris (now M*Modal). There may be other companies you'd prefer to transition to when you have experience, but if you do well, you will have a job when you get out of school.

The other thing I've noticed is that Career Step administers MT Test, which is a test many companies use when applying for jobs, and it is formatted much the same way as the Career Step program. You will have a leg up testing for these companies if you have gone through Career Step, because the test looks much the same as the cirrculum. That's just my 2 cents & good luck with your new venture.

I wouldn't consider any school that is "affiliated with" any MTSO - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I probably was not clear in my thoughts on this one. I know there are companies...sm - ndmt68

[ In Reply To ..]
that say they will hire grads from XXX school. I've never heard that about At-Home Professions. I didn't mean to imply there was any other relationship there.
I've heard recruiters say they were forced to hire from a certain school, not AHP - Old Time Experienced MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I've had friends who were recruiters tell me that they have been forced by their companies to hire from a school, just because the owners made some kind of deal, not because the school produced graduates who could transcribe. They couldn't.
Just being devil's advocate here...every graduate of a school...sm - ndmt68
[ In Reply To ..]
is different. It isn't like the school is going to give them an education and dumb them down any. Either they get it or they don't.

If graduate A went to a school that promised a job when done and graduate B went to a school that promised better skills than graduate A but no job, who spent their money better?

If a company is willing to hire you and let you train on the job, so to speak, is that a bad thing? That's how MTs learned back in the day, isn't it?

In the same token that you get what you pay for when going to school, you get what you pay for when you hire. Companies that pay well don't hire new grads, and experienced MTs don't apply to companies paying 3/7 CPL. If a recruiter works for a company that is trading low pay for hiring new grads, they have to expect certain things.
Actually some of them do 'dumb students down' a bit - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I've seen students come out of schools having learned all kinds of things wrong. One in particular from one of the matchbook schools swore up and down that her school taught her to do it wrong. I asked her to show me. She did. There were tests with incorrect answers marked. This one even had a note from the instructor on something she had right but was marked wrong. The instructor explained, incorrectly, why it was wrong.

So yes, students can come out of MT school dumbed down, causing a real problem if you should hire them.
A friend of mine was involved in placing MTs in "guaranteed" jobs - Ex-Recruiter
[ In Reply To ..]
A friend of mine explained to me how the system worked. She was to place MTs with companies and was paid for each one placed. She said that some of the jobs were just dead-end jobs that nobody wanted. The others had a catch. The employer kept them the required amount of time and then fired them, replacing them with another recruit, with everyone except the MT making money on the deal.
I should say, a former friend, because I would not have friends who are that unethical - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
This was a person who was a friend for a short period of time. I met her through an organization we both belonged to. I didn't want anything to do with her after I found out what her company was doing.
How did that work? Did the school pay the employer to hire the MT? nm - ndmt68
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

More on schools affiliated with testing companies - Here we go again

[ In Reply To ..]
Getting a high score in the program is the problem. You may have had a good experience, but many do not. A surprising number of students in both MT and coding fail the final. Even those who pass complain about the unnecessary struggle they endured trying to figure out the errors in the materials and the seemingly random grading. Students are left on their own without qualifed instructors.

The advantage of attending a school that owns the testing company is false. You might do well on the test because you basicallly know how to pass it, but that is about all. You do not have the skills of an Andrews or M-TEC grad, who are simply prepared better for working and can thus pass ANY test.

This is most evident after the graduate begins work. According to employers, Andrews students, then M-TEC, get up to speed fastest and with the least employer training and supervision. They become productive faster. Andrews students often appear to have several years of experience already. CS students can get hired because of the test program affiliation, but employers know they struggle, require training, and do not get up to speed fast enough to remain employed.

You really do get what you pay for. Andrews may seem more expensive, but they have instructors. You will make up that extra expense quickly.

It is hard to see this if you only know the view that a CS grad has. To you, you are doing great. You have no way to know how you perform in comparison to others or how much money you are losing bcause of your choice. Or what jobs you did not get offered but an Andrews grad did. And that is why no one who does know recommends them.

I was only giving my experience and those of people I know. My take is...sm - ndmt68

[ In Reply To ..]
the Career Step training is very much in line with how it is working at home. There are a lot of things you have to be able to figure out on your own, and if you don't have the skills to pass the Career Step final without struggling, then you will have difficulty doing transcription from home. Career Step offers a solid base in transcription, and you will be qualified if you do all the work. I do know many people struggled to pass the final because they didn't do all the dictation or pushed to take the final before they were ready to avoid paying for an extension. This is not a school problem, this is a problem with the people taking the course. Perhaps with M-TEC or Andrews there are instructors to keep you on track, and some people need that. Career Step is self-paced, but again, I think that is good real-life experience. If you're not motivated to study, you're not motivated to go to work, either.

My first job out of Career Step was with Healthscribe, where you were required to go to Viriginia and attend a training class. I was able to measure my skills against a room full of 16 transcriptionists, some with years of experience and some new grads. I was solidly on the high end of that group, and I was pulled aside by the trainer and told as much. I have also been told by employers I test very well for someone with my years of work experience. That is not just on MT Test but others, as well. I have never had my income suffer because of lack of skills. I've always earned as much as I need, even while raising 2 teenagers on my own.

Again, that is my opinion. You may see it differently. I will point out, however, a skilled transcriptionist is always a skilled communicator regardless of where or why. I have never used posting on a forum as a reason for letting my grammar go while pretending to be superior in my knowlege and education to another MT. You should consider reviewing your post for mistakes as it reflects poorly on the schools you're bragging up.
Students learning without instructors never know what they don't know - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Not when those who can't do teach - LOL. - ndmt68
[ In Reply To ..]
x
The best schools hire MTs who do both - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The best schools I know hire successful experienced MT instructors who are working MTs. They are up to date on everything. They may do part-time transcription or part-time instructing, but the combination is unbeatable. I've had a combination of training and learned more from instructors who were working MTs than any with big fancy degrees who didn't know how to teach.
That's an important thing to ask when you are enrolling - See message
[ In Reply To ..]
Before you enroll, ask about the instructor's credentials and whether they have actual successful work experience. If they tell you that instead of that they have all kinds of other qualifications and degrees, RUN! Run fast! Get someone who has actually been successful doing what they will be teaching you. Otherwise you deserve what you get, which will probably be an inadequate education that you'll have to supplement, if you can.
Wow - how many schools did you attend to become an MT? - ndmt68
[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like it took a long time to get up to speed.
Lots of people go through several bad schools before finding a good one - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I know one lady who went through 3 different courses, trying to save money. She was motivated enough not to give up though and finally went through a course that is well known for turning out good MTs.
Grammar mistakes? Would appreciate hearing what they are. - Poor communicator
[ In Reply To ..]
I read that post over and guess I need educating because I didn't see anything so bad that it deserved the MT equivalent of an ad hominem attack -- faulting grammar and spelling.

I think you may not realize that your success was due to your intrinsic ability rather than any school. You would have done well no matter what. Others are not so fortunate. They are the ones our advice targets.

I often post from a mobile device, so if you think I am a poor communicator . . . well, I am sorry you think you have something to hold against me, but you are the one sustaining the energy drain, not me.
I will by all means oblige you, but don't assume because I'm responding..sm - ndmt68
[ In Reply To ..]
that I have something to hold against you. As far as an ad hominem attack, I believe your statement "You have no way to know how you perform in comparison to others or how much money you are losing bcause of your choice. Or what jobs you did not get offered but an Andrews grad did. And that is why no one who does know recommends them" is a personal attack as well as the source of my comment about grammar (I didn't mention your spelling error).

I have no opinion on whether you think Career Step is a good program or not or if you think the OP is an unfortunate person that can't figure out the Career Step program, but, as I said before, while touting your superior education, you should make it a point to look like you have a superior education. I believe starting 2 sentences with a conjunction is a lack of understanding grammar, not an issue with posting on a mobile device.
But starting sentences with a conjunction is not incorrect - Or, better said, it is a stylistic device.
[ In Reply To ..]
Saying that one does not know more than one knows is a statement of fact, not an accusation. It would be impossible for you to understand the difference between two courses if you were still limited to your knowledge of just one of them.

In fact, if you do not know that others are more productive or make more than you or were offered a moe desirable job, you DO NOT know it. Others may be aware, but you cannot be aware. You may be angered by the suggestion that it is so, especially if you had been led to believe that you had been the favored party.

Another example of this is the belief that all MTs learned MT in a course. That was how you did it because that is how it is done. You are expressing this belief in your statements that I am touting my superior education.

As I said, you cannot know what you do not know. You see me as touting my superior education because you believe that MT is learned in a course in a school. You believe that I took a course and that it was not Career Step.

In fact, I cannot be touting my superior education because I never took an MT course.

First of all, the OP asked for opinions on a specific MT course. - ndmt68
[ In Reply To ..]
So you, instead of offering your opinion on a good course (but then you can't because you didn't actually attend one), decided to attack my opinion. I didn't say the only way to learn MT was through a school. I responded to the OP with how I went about becoming an MT. You are free to offer her your experience on how you did it, but please quit comparing me to what employers have told you about Andrews graduates. What is real to me is that I got an education, I got a job, and I got a paycheck. I made 3 times the money I would have at any job in my location, and that was my end game. If you think I missed out on something better because of what employers told you about Andrews, so be it. I don't care. Offer something pertinent to the orignal question or drop it.

Next, stylistically, you can use moe instead of more, but again, for the third time, it makes you look ignorant when you are speaking on the topic of education. If I met you on Facebook and you were making up your own words, I would assume you were expressing stylistic freedom. As I have met you on a forum asking about an educational topic, I think your perpetual lack of command of elementary school English makes you look like an unworthy advocate for any school (even ones you didn't attend).

Lastly, as far as lecturing me about the difference in courses, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard from someone who hasn't attended a course at all. How can you possibly lecture me about not knowing what I don't know when you know less? I get that this is fun for you, and you're having a good time using your big words and psychoanalysis, but I'm done. Leave me out of this topic.
Maybe she is an MTSO or instructor. - Just speculating
[ In Reply To ..]
One who is on vacation and has to post from a phone.

She's probably real old, too, because those are the kind that taught themselves.

At-Home Professions... wouldn't recommend - and this is why

[ In Reply To ..]
I decided years ago to take the coding & billing course from At-Home Professions. It was very cheap, but you get what you pay for. When I decided that wasn't what I wanted to do, I chose M-TEC for MT training. Everything I learned in the entire AHP course was in the first M-TEC lesson.

Another poster was right; M-TEC or Andrews are the schools to consider IF you still want to get into this field. I wouldn't recommend it. I've seen my pay drop over the past few years. Most companies are now IC, so much of what you make you will have to put aside to cover your own insurance and taxes.

It's good that you are doing research, so here's what I suggest. Keep researching, but look into some other field. Unfortunately, this career just isn't what it used to be, with EMR, voice wreck, and jobs being sent overseas.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, and let us know what happens!

Actual AHP course - Paige

[ In Reply To ..]
The AHP course that you're referring to no longer exists. The updated medical transcription and editing course by AHP is very thorough and builds a strong knowledge base. I started with medical terminology, learned about different body systems and practiced transcribing all types of reports. The course also included information on EHRs, speech recognition and the evolving field. I also got to practice editing reports using using ChartScript.

The problem with many of the courses is the quality of the dictation - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The quality of the dictation and how close it comes to the real transcription experience is what's important. All the rest is filler. That's what is not up to par on most courses and why graduates don't do well in the real world. Any recruiter knows. They don't necessarily know why the graduates can't transcribe. They just know that graduates from certain schools can't transcribe---but they think they can. It's false confidence, and that's what comes out of many of these programs.
Jobs are limited after substandard training - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are lucky enough to find a job after substandard training, you'd better hold onto it even if you don't like it. You'd better hold onto it even if there is no chance for moving up.

If you graduated from a substandard course, you're lucky if you ever get a job.

If you ever want another job because that one ended or maybe you just aren't getting anywhere with it, you may be out of luck. Many employers will not hire someone who has worked for some of the MTSOs affiliated with poor schools. That's because the combination of poor training along with poor work experience for an MTSO who accepts or even demands substandard work, results in an an MT who does poor work. It also results in an MT who is unable to learn how to do things the right way because the poor work habits they learned in school and for the poor-quality MTSOs can't be easily fixed. We've all heard that comment about "My work was good enough for my last employer, so it is good enough for you." Another one is, "This is the way I was taught to do it in school, so I can't do it the way you want me to." Still another one is, "It's your fault because you want me to follow the Book of Style (BOS) and that book is all wrong."

Those are just some of the reasons why it isn't as smart as you think it is to take a substandard MT course.

AHP - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I'm glad I took the M-TEC course, because at my first job interview/test, the supervisor said she wouldn't hire a newbie unless they had taken the M-TEC course. Maybe AHP is better than it was back then. I didn't take the MT course from them, just the billing course, so that's all I have to go by.

I hope you did well and were able to get a good job!

Paige - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never met an AHP grad that would meet my needs.

And you still are not enployed, Paige. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Paige, you believe it was thorough becaue they told you it was and because you have nothing to compare it with. You cannot know what you do not know.

If you had gotten a job, you would have said so. If you DO have a job, it is going to be a low-level one because I know not one emplyoer who will hire an AHP grad.

If someone is unable to look at their website and figure out that something is fishy, I do not know what to say. They have been a problem for years and years. The internet is full of warnings about them. They are THE original "matchbook" school.

at home MT jobs - also leaving

[ In Reply To ..]
If these seminars are telling you that you can make gobs of money working from home as an MT, don't believe it. You're not going to make 40 bucks an hour in the comfort of your own home by transcribing simple medical reports. It is not a "type what you hear" job. The dictating doctors don't sound as clear or speak as leisurely as your local news broadcaster. This is thorough, tough work. It takes years to develop the listening skills, broad speciality medical terminology knowledge and research skills to be the kind of MT who can handle any kind of job thrown at them, regardless of what school you go through.

Andrews is the best, but this field is in a major transition and not for the better. Research these boards. Pay is very low now, and as a newbie MT, you will start out making the lowest pay. I'm surprised there are still MT courses anywhere these days. The market is filled with experienced MTs battling one another for the available job openings anyway.

Similar Messages:

Anything Better Than At-home Professions Out There?
May 30, 2010

If at-home is really that bad, then is there a better school where I stand a better chance of getting hired after I'm done? Is there some kind of course I could take to get certified so as to fill in the blanks? to teach what at-home isn't? ...

Need Advice On AT-HOME PROFESSIONS
Dec 23, 2009

Hello all. I am totally new to this board and to the medical transcripting field. I recently started taking a correspondence course to become a MT, not really knowing what I was doing or who was credible, etc. Now I am wondering if I should have chosen a different course/school. Does anyone have any knowledge of the AT-Home Professions School? Any knowledge or advice you would have to pass on to a novice would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks so much! ...

At-Home Professions Program
Oct 28, 2014

Hey guys, Has anyone heard of the At-Home Professions Program? Are they a good program, waste of time, or a complete scam? I am interested in this profession, but don't want to waste my time on the wrong program. Any good or bad advice is helpful. Thanks. ...

At-Home Professions Is An Accredited School
Nov 10, 2009

I am a graduate of At-Home Professions, I graduated in 2006.  It is an accredited school.  After completion of the program which actually took about one year, because I was working full time and completing the online course at the same time.  I was impressed with the courses and the help/assistance I received upon completion of the course.  When I completed the course I applied at a local MT company and was picked up to work in-house for one year and then home to work.  I have been employed ...

At-home Professions - Job Placement After Graduating?
Jan 20, 2010

I am currently taking an MT course through At-home professions schooling and was wondering of anyone else that went through the program. How did you like or dislike it and was there job placement after graduating? ...

Fort Collins At-home Professions
Feb 03, 2010

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to help me on an assignment having some difficulties and would greatly appreciate it! ...

At-home Professions, Working, Unions And Everything Else.
May 28, 2010

hey all, I am half way done with at-home professions. (I am starting the 4th part real soon) And now I am having real serious doubts as to whether I am going in the right direction. I am not really worried about how I will handle the problems of working at home. (loneliness wont bother me, I have a pet lizard to keep me company.)  Is there anyone here who has done the at-home professions course and hooked a job?  Is there some kind of union or association for MT's? I know at ho ...

Is At Home Professions A Good School For Medical Transcription?
Jan 25, 2011

Is At Home Professions a good school for medical transcription?  I read that it is not AHDI certified.  What does that mean? ...

MT Home Course From At Home Professions?
Jan 27, 2010

Any info on the MT home course from At Home Professions?  ...

Reputation Of "At Home Professions"
Nov 10, 2009

Does anyone have any information about a company called "At Home Professions"?  i attended a seminar presented by that company to learn more about medical transcription as a profession.  I was impressed by the information and the materials but want to hear from someone who has taken their course.  Is the company credible? Thanks! ...

Jumping Professions
Jan 06, 2010

I am medical transcriptionist contemplating jumping over to coding, is this an easy transition?  Has anybody else done this?  Any information/stories would be helpful as I contemplate this decision. TIA!! ...

Changing Professions
Feb 28, 2010

This message is to everyone who posts on this board, especially those who are advising/telling others to get out of the medical transcription field.  It seems that things have changed overnight with voice recognition and electronic charting but it is still very new and probably too soon to tell for sure how it will impact us.  Many of you are imagining the worst and every directive from a company or news item that appears is taken out of context and blown out of proportion by certain p ...

Change Professions Everyone - It's Time - Here's How I Did It
May 31, 2013

I started medical transcription 16 years ago - all excited and thrilled to be able to work at home.  I made $20 to $25 an hour.  It allowed me to stay home with my children and still have a good income.  16 years ago, the starting rate per line was - .06 per line.  Which is now STILL the starting rate for many companies.  A few lucky old souls out there may get .09 or even .10 a line.  However, when I started, all we did was straight typing.  No pasting notes, ...

For Those On Disability Who Need To Change Professions (sm)
Jan 02, 2014

After I became disabled I went to the state Department of Rehabilitation and was amazed how much help they offer people who need to train for new careers.  The one I went do did complete testing to identify work limitations, gave tests for aptitude and desire for certain types of work, gave career counseling and even offered to pay for training programs, books, and software needed to change professions.  So for those who are disabled and working part time because of it, you might want ...

Hospital Professions Network
Jun 12, 2015

Has anyone used Hospital Professions Network for job searching?  I just stumbled across it, and have never heard of it before.  Thanks in advance for any info!  :) ...

Getting A 2nd MT Job - Thoughts?
Mar 25, 2010

I graduated from school last year and have worked as an IC with a company for 3 months.  I was told I'd be the sole MT on one small Ortho account, but now I know I was lied to.  Other MTs grab everything out of the queue and I'm lucky if I make $23/day, many days I get 0 jobs.  The office manager is so clueless that she is entirely unhelpful, and after several attempts I've given up trying to get the work I was promised when hired. I need the money so I can't ...

Any Thoughts?
Sep 09, 2010

I have been researching all the online MT Courses and have decided that the 2 I seem to think are the most reputable are TRSInstitute and Career Step. Any input from anyone on any schools? Or should I even be considering this field right now? I have read alot of discouraging posts. TRSI includes Speech recognition in its course, unlike alot of the other shcools. Thanks! ...

What Are Your Thoughts On
Oct 28, 2010

One of the posts below mentioned something happening in the next two months or by the end of the year (can't find the post now).  Also, I recall some administrative e-mail alluding to the same, the e-mail about how CBay is poised to take over more Medquist assets.  Is something going to happen to us that we should know about? ...

What Are Your Thoughts On This?
Apr 27, 2011

I think that when we edit an ASR document, we should be compensated at our transcription rate for every keystroke we do to make the report ready for the client.  Since Medquist is so accurately able to calculate our keystrokes, mouse clicks and so on, it should be easy for them to determine how many extra keystrokes were required to prepare the final report.  ...

Some Thoughts For Those Considering MT
May 01, 2011

Several people have asked me if I think MT is still a viable career.  Coincidentally, today as I was cleaning out some files, I found notes from a seminar I gave and thought I would summarize a few of the thoughts, hoping they might be of value to someone out there.  (Moderator, if you don't feel this is appropriate, please just delete the post.)  First, there are three "myths" to consider:  1.  The myth that medical transcription is easy money.  Many of the no ...

Any Thoughts On MD-IT
Jun 09, 2011

Anyone have experience with MD-IT? TIA. ...

What Are MTs Thoughts On This? Sm
Sep 10, 2011

If Obama's job act goes through and employers are rewarded for hiring the unemployed, do you think that will make a difference to the companies that off shore and cause the hiring of more US MTs? ...

DQS 7.1, Need Some Serious Thoughts
Oct 22, 2012

On DQS 7.1 I keep hearing how the SR is so much better.  What the heck?  I haven't a clue why anyone thinks this, but I have a trusted friend who agrees her SR has improved dramatically.  My accounts have dropped dramatically in the SR, which leads me to believe that this is potentially due to something my CCM might not have done correctly with our accounts.  We've never had gender discrepancy noted, although this is supposed to happen.  We've never had cl ...

Thoughts On The
Jun 03, 2013

Why not just make it 100% and  get it over with? I guess they figure it's kind of like killing frogs in boiling water.   ...

Any Thoughts
Dec 04, 2013

I typed as doctor dictated, ". . . pee off . . . " Audit dinged me and changed to, "urinated off." What should have been done?  I thought we were not to change what they said. ...

Some Thoughts On
May 20, 2014

Today I was just wondering if the honorees of other appreciation weeks (nurses, lab techs, housekeepers, basically every health-care subgroup) were required to participate in puzzles, games, essays, and otherwise jump through hoops, to get "prizes",  usually a trinket or a low denomination gift card? Maybe I'm just sensitive because I've been doing this long enough to remember when gifts, festive meals, respect and  all-year-long good pay (the best gift of all) were freely gi ...

Thoughts, Anyone?
Jun 21, 2014

Any Thoughts On This...
Jun 28, 2014

Do you guys think the minimum line count will be going up soon? Some states have raised their minimum wage. Trying to figure out how some of us would be able to hold on if it were to go up any higher than 150/hr. Barely able to meet that as it is. Just don't think makeup pay is something they're very happy about having to provide either. So wondering if this will be the end of the line for those of us not meeting production, though not for lack of hard effort. ...

Thoughts On VR-
Jul 06, 2014

of fixing report after report.  VR was sold with fradulant representation. The way this has continued is the MT is to "fix" these reports to the facilities specs and regardless of what comes over, the end report is to be correct.  Therefore, we are made to be our own worst enemy.  I have been saving reports before/after for quite some time and keeping stats on how many incorrect VR words I have to correct, how much formatting I have to do per the specs of the facility, t ...

My Thoughts
Dec 04, 2014

Why don't they just pay the MTs a decent wage instead of paying all the extra QA people for all the extra audits? This is a convoluted mess - transparent to who? Einstein? They need a standard blank submission policy. It is not fair to MLS like me who are not allowed to send any blanks versus those who can send up to 3 directly to the client. My pay will be dramatically impacted. Where is the difficulty factor? They have lied yet again. They really shot themselves in the ...