A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

escription corrections don't seem to stick - busymt

Posted: Nov 17, 2014

I work on v 9, 10 and 11 and I have noticed that when I make corrections on some VR reports the corrections do not seem to stick by the time they get to QC.  I have seen mistakes that I distinctly remember correcting while I am editing and then they show up as not corrected on the QC reviews.  Thankfully it hasn't happened on post-audit but it is pretty upsetting.  I had my TSM check a couple of them and sure enough, the mistakes were there when sent by me, so either I have become a horrible editor or something is kinky with the system.  I use Shorthand and not sure if that is the problem or if I am completely incompetent at this anymore.  Don't want to start a QC bashing session, I am just frustrated and wonder if anybody else has had this problem.

Me too. - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, a number of times I distinctly remember making the proper edit but when audited (QC and QA) it shows up as having been missed.

I have questioned my TSM about these blips(fortunately they have not happened very often) and she says they show up as missed edits.

Yes, it is frustrating, but what can you do? I can either get a nosebleed over it or just shrug it off. I've decided to go with the latter.

It is reassuring to know I'm not the only one.

Thank you - busymt

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate it. It does help to know others have the same problem. I try to blow off QC but when they are critical and major errors it just gets under my skin. I'm not new to this business at all but the reviews make me feel as if I have no clue. Wish they didn't score QC at all. Thanks again.

Here's how to fix that problem... - Been there, done that

[ In Reply To ..]
Make a separate word document at the beginning of your shift and type the job # then copy/paste the text of the report in that before you upload it. If the client hasn't put a block on this feature you can then capture what you send in and have proof when they mess with you. That's the only way I proved they were messing with me before.
P.S. - Been there, done that
[ In Reply To ..]
By copying only the text of the report and not the patient demographics you won't be violating HIPAA.
Been there done that - busymt
[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been able to copy anything from the body text because they have it set to where I can't. The only thing I can do is make autocorrect or Shorthand entries. I have made a couple of SH entries for a couple of reports and will see if anything is kinky with them. I will try your idea tomorrow and see if maybe copying within Word will work. Thanks!
Good luck to you and..... - Been there, done that
[ In Reply To ..]
know that I only had this problem with Nuance. After I left them 4 months ago and went to another company that uses eScription I never have anything but good feedback from my current employer QA team. I got tired of fighting the battles with Nuance messing around with stuff claiming I did things I didn't just to keep from paying productivity bonuses. It did help my manager supported me with Nuance but it was a pain in the bazookas to have to keep saying "I didn't do this, and here's proof." I'm glad my new employer doesn't play those games.
I thought that only happened to m - anonMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I actually got "demoted" from QC because of errors, and every time I tried to get anything reversed, it was always denied. My TSM would tell me over the phone, "no, you didn't make that change, I can see it on the screen" but I wonder if the errors are sticking. We had that problem years ago. Don't use F7 to spell-check, evidently that keeps your "fixes" from going through. So I'm told. Also got busted on ANY number being off, even if it's one number different (150 pounds versus 151 pounds) is a major error - does it really make that much difference? My advice - BLANK anything you aren't 110% sure of.
Didn't know that about F7 - busymt
[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been told that it messes things up but then I think it may. A couple of times when I hit F7, it pasted something in the report and when I hit undo, I thought it undid a lot more than the phrase that went in due to what the report looked like when QC reviewed it. I thought maybe it was my Shorthand. Believe me I have a high QC percentage because I don't even try to put what I think my ears are hearing. Would rather miss out on incentive pay due to blanks than bad post audit. Funny thing is my post audit scores are very good - for now.

Similar Messages:

MME Corrections
Jan 22, 2010

Unbelieveable..for years I have been typing comorbid, now I get a correction of co-morbid all throughout my report.  In the past, I have been told to change cc to mL but then I got corrected by MME and so went back to cc, now I am corrected again that it should be mL.  I have been told in the past, if it is not followup, then write it this way without a dash, follow up, no dash.  Now I am corrected to put the dash in, follow-up.   This is an ongoing thing with whichever ...

Just Now Getting Corrections From May...
Jun 19, 2014

Why am I just now getting these stupid individual report audit/correction/notification/micromanagements?   Can I anticipate more of these dragging out?  What's the longest stretch between when you completed a report and received notification regarding one? ...

Bogus QA Corrections?
Mar 20, 2013

Three or four times in the last two days I have gotten one of those unfriendly FIESA MAJOR ERROR alerts . . . only, that's not my work. I know without a single doubt that I did not make those errors, and seemingly some of these so called 'errors,' would have been flagged by spellcheck. What's up with that? Offering rebuttal in their comment section is pointless, it's just a waste of time since no one really reviews those or sends any feedback. I'm just f ...

Qc Corrections Incorrect
Jul 05, 2013

Has anyone been counted off in a post audit for corrections that QC made? ...

One Sentence, 7 Corrections
Jan 11, 2014

And they wonder why I can't make production??????? Looking forward to production proficiency mentoring later this month. Bring it on! ...

Recommendation For Those Ever-recurring Little Corrections.
Oct 25, 2009

You know, where you have to stop and type in a "his," "the," "no," "were," "and," or separate a run-on into 2 sentences, add a "She" to a sentence, change a letter, join 2 sentences into one, etc., because VR goofed. This has been working well for me:  Use SINGLE LETTERS (T, E, F, and so on) for the very most common words and corrections. Like T for "the," N for "no," E for "was", J for "has," F for macro that toggles letter from lower to upper and upper to lower ...

ME Corrections - How To Get Them To Be Incorporated Into Speech
Sep 21, 2010

I have had so many dictators dictating the same PE, etc. and have to continually change the same things.  Is there a way to make a heading such as CHEST from "the chest is..." work?  I have one doctor whose "dilutional" is always speeched as DELUSIONAL.  How can I make these corrections work.  Suspect it requires a call to SUPPORT with job ID, ad nauseum documentation.  I suspect that only IT can re-correct these Speech errors, and not us as was originally exp ...

Anyone Know How To Back Up Auto Corrections On Word
Apr 08, 2010

Does anyone know how to back up your autocorrections on Word 2003.  I have a flashdrive I would like to put them on so that I can do a system restore.  Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated. ...

Ridiculous FIESA Corrections By OFFSHORE QA...sm
Aug 28, 2013

Dictated:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte as well. Transcribed/Edited by me to read:  All cyst was removed, as well as osteophyte. OFFSHORE CORRECTION:  All cysts was removed, as well as osteophyte as well. This particular account is "modified verbatim" allowing us to change improper grammar and redundant/repetitive statements.  So, I deleted the second instance of "as well" since it had already been said just ONE flipping word before!  What do I get for ...

I Would Earn More Money If I Was Paid By The Number Of Corrections
Jun 23, 2011

I have to make for DQSpeech. ...

I Have No Patience For The Amount Of Corrections Needed Today!
Oct 12, 2013

I swear the speech engine just makes up the output as it has no resemblence to what the doctor says! We got a note stating we were making too many errors and our quality had gone down, with a side note that QAM knows we are struggling to maintain our counts, but this does not matter. Every once in a while I get told to slow down. Heck,I doing the best with what I have and the fatigue of doing this all day. Only minor errors such as leaving in an extra pronoun or such. I don't ...

My Hands Are So Sore From The Huge Number Of Corrections I Am Making
Jun 02, 2013

Any suggestions to ease the pain - like a better way to delete? This is just too ridiculous. ...

New Survey- They Can Stick It
Jul 13, 2010

Every time MQ sends out a survey they use it to justify a pay cut or cesspool or other "great" ideas.  They twist the results of the survey to fit their agenda and then say- see the MTs agree that ASR is better or they are sick of running out of work.  JMHO but I am not filling it out so they can use my answers to make my job worse than it already is. ...

Should I Stick With This Company?
Jan 04, 2011

Sorry this is kind of long, but I am looking for advice on whether I should look for a new job or hang on to the one I have.  I am a newbie and have only been working for about 6 months.  I was hired as a "statutory employee" at 0.0625/line with spaces.  Since they pay some of my taxes, I'm not sure what my actual line rate would be.   I work  M-F.  No nights or weekends required.  I have no minimum line requirement, rarely run out of work.  I c ...

ICs, Do You Stick To Your Schedules?
Jul 21, 2011

I'm just curious how well other ICs stick to their schedules, do you ask for time off or just let management know you won't be there, do you work extra when management asks??? Sometimes I feel like I behave as if I am an employee, but without any of the benefits. I'd like to know what the norm is out there. Thanks! ...

Amber Stick?
Mar 02, 2013

Used in orthopedics, amber stick?? ...

QA/FIESA....MTs Need Someone To Stick Up For Us
Dec 22, 2014

When on conference call about new compensation program, specifically asked if QA was going to get pickier and was told oh definitely no, they will not.  Well, I have found that not to be true.  One correction was a period..another a period, another a left out word (where the doctor changed their mind constantly they didnt even know what they wanted to say, so I felt it was a judgment call) it wasnt even a medical word or a word that changed the meaning, even if it is .25 points off tha ...

S/l Nah-stick Encephalopathy
Apr 13, 2015

TIA ...

Do You Intend To Stick Around For ICD10 ?
May 17, 2010

For those of you who are currently coders, do you intend to stick around for ICD10?  Are any of you planning on getting out of the field?  Do you know what your employer has in mind as far as training staff for the ICD10?  Just curious.  I just talked to an HIM director who said she is worried as more than half of her staff has indicated they intend to leave!  Should make for a lot of jobs for new coders.   ...

Criminy! I Wish They'd Pick One And Stick With It!
Jan 19, 2011

Since I can't get the same answer out of my QA, my CCM and others, I guess I'll poll the audience.  We DO NOT put the zeros on medications, like 4.0 mg should be typed 4 mg, right?  Do we put the zeros on...welll...pretty much anything else, like creatinine 2.0, temperature 98.0?  And no, I'm not new.  I've been told many different things over the past 10 years that now I'm just messed up, confused and too tired to think straight.  ...

Guess I'll Have To Stick With Corporate
Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she ...

Stapedotomy Disk On A Stick?
Feb 10, 2012

Ever heard of a disk on a stick for a stapedotomy? ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...

Chloraseptic Prep Stick?
Feb 20, 2014

Has anyone heard of chloraseptic prep stick for knee surgery. ...

Can't Verify Nitro Stick For Bleeding.
Feb 08, 2010

NM ...

What IC Company Allows You To Not Stick To A Rigid Schedule?
Jul 21, 2014

I am looking for a PT IC position that I truly can work when I have the opportunity and not set a rigid schedule.  I can somewhat adhere to hours, but sometimes cannot.  Are there any companies out there that allow this?  Thanks! ...

Ortho. Negative *schwa-stick* Sign?
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

M*Modal Collaborative Intelligence=Stick Figures
Feb 16, 2012

That sounds about as intelligent as they get... ...

I'm Curious To Know How Long People Plan To Stick With OTI
Jan 29, 2013

How much longer will you be able to last if this "slow down" continues?  And will you stay with them if they sell out to another company? ...

S/L VSE Protocol For Accidental Needle Stick Of A Nurse?
Jan 24, 2014

Not sure if they are saying VSE, PSE or BSE?  It's a protocol if a nurse or healthcare worker accidentially sticks themselves with a needle and I tried googling, but I can't find anything definitive.    TIA ...