A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm curious to know how long people plan to stick with OTI - see message

Posted: Jan 29, 2013

How much longer will you be able to last if this "slow down" continues?  And will you stay with them if they sell out to another company?

i am showing them the same loyalty they have shown me. I have asked for more work sm - Unhappy @ OTI

[ In Reply To ..]
from my other job and have made out my February schedule at OTI for half the lines I used to do. If they sell out, most likely I will leave as I have heard nothing good about Nuance or M*Modal, and I have no desire to work for 1/2 pay and not getting double lines.

OTI - Chi

[ In Reply To ..]
Why don't they just tell us the truth? I've been there a long time and I've never not had work, now I have nothing at all on any account. I can't hold out for very long. If they sell out, it would depend on who bought them, more information needed.

Not good. - Really scared

[ In Reply To ..]
This is not good timing. My husband just got laid off from his job and there is nothing out there right now for him. I am sure hoping it picks up and not getting bought out. I had to leave another company because it got bought out twice and worked for peanuts.

OTI - DT

[ In Reply To ..]
What is the T account with OTI? I have a clinic account with them and have asked for more work but nothing so far.

If you truly work for OTI, you would see the T account at the top of the job status report. nm - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

I would not stay after any buyout - JJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I learned my lesson with the whole Transcend mess.

sent the email - thummper

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it was very nice of them to send the email out squashing these rumors of being sold.

I am not a suit, have worked for them almost a year and have found that every time at the end of pay period the work is scarce because everyone is hogging all the lines they can for pay day.

e-mail was okay but - been there done that

[ In Reply To ..]
I hired in with another company, this over a year ago. Position was same as OTI - IC, mostly straight type on BayScribe with some editing.

One question I straight up asked the recruiter "are you now in the process of selling or plan to sell to one of the big companies?" Answer was "absolutely NOT".

They hired and hired and hired. Pay was good, lines were good, the company was GREAT! I just loved working there, like I do for OTI.

Then we started running out of work to the point like were are now with OTI. Yes, there is a slow down at the end of every pay period, but mine has lasted the WHOLE pay period to the point I'm afraid to add up my invoice today (its not gonna be even half of normal).

So with the other company, we get a mass e-mail that there was a mandatory conference call on Dec 1, 2011. They had sold to the Squid. Life with the Squid was status quo for a while. I had my normal 3-4 accounts, then 2, then my main account just dried up. I was offered another account, but 2nd shift. Sorry, been working early a.m. for so long ... well. I then hired in with OTI in June 2012.

Long story short, I'm seeing the same pattern here as I did before and it has me really concerned that they are in the process of selling.

This is not the usual end of the pay period race. sm - Not impressed

[ In Reply To ..]
There was little to no work this Saturday when there is ALWAYS work on the weekends with the T account! A few people have already stated they were just recently hired to work on the T account, ADDED on, so it is overstaffing, and they are too callous to be concerned about how it affects the MTs who have worked on the account since the beginning, every holiday and every weekend.

I have no idea if they are grooming the company to be sold, but I have yet to see a company that is getting ready to be sold admit it prior to the actual day it happened.
I agree, and wish I could think of something to post at the top - OTIer
[ In Reply To ..]
so people would see it. Posting it down in this thread will not get seen by "those who count," if you get my drift.

How long do you plan to sick with OTI? - Herbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Do not trust ANYTHING OTI tells you. They do not speak the truth...EVER...they will tell you anything to get you on board, lie through their teeth, and then deny they ever said it. If they were the last MT company on the planet, I would not go back to work for them, EVER. Stay as far away as possible from them...POISON

What are you talking about? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
What lies?? What happened? A little more info please...

Similar Messages:

Just Curious How Many People Are Working
Mar 17, 2013

I was just wondering if there is anybody at MM who actually never runs out of work.  I keep hearing everybody say they have no work.  For this pay period that just ended I made 33.23 hours and have 8100 lines.  That was all I could get with the NJA situation.  My CCM told us it was because everyone is typing faster with the new version of DQ or whatever.  She said the NJA situation has nothing to do with offshoring and that she was looking into fixing the problem and tha ...

Curious About What Type Of Fiesa Scores People Are Getting
Sep 13, 2013

Just curious about what type of Fiesa scores people are getting?  Anyone received any type of formal warning for their scores?  Just trying to figure out how important Fiesa really is to the whole sceme of things. ...

My Husband Asked Me If The People Who Came Up With This New Pay Plan Were Smoking Crack. Sm
Dec 03, 2014

I had to laugh through my disgust. ...

With New Plan STM Stated 35% Of Our Team Would C Increase With New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

This means 65% will see decrease and/or paid minimum wage. They are touting this as the great new comp  (local Burger King is advertising job for $10/hour).  Anyone find out if the QC percentage is just for blanks or include all sent to QA including Audio issues, etc, and will EQA be included.  Also, trying to figure out our pay from week to week is going to be a pain.  I am going to see how this new comp plan works out, but since the conference call, I'm not feeling pos ...

New Survey- They Can Stick It
Jul 13, 2010

Every time MQ sends out a survey they use it to justify a pay cut or cesspool or other "great" ideas.  They twist the results of the survey to fit their agenda and then say- see the MTs agree that ASR is better or they are sick of running out of work.  JMHO but I am not filling it out so they can use my answers to make my job worse than it already is. ...

Should I Stick With This Company?
Jan 04, 2011

Sorry this is kind of long, but I am looking for advice on whether I should look for a new job or hang on to the one I have.  I am a newbie and have only been working for about 6 months.  I was hired as a "statutory employee" at 0.0625/line with spaces.  Since they pay some of my taxes, I'm not sure what my actual line rate would be.   I work  M-F.  No nights or weekends required.  I have no minimum line requirement, rarely run out of work.  I c ...

ICs, Do You Stick To Your Schedules?
Jul 21, 2011

I'm just curious how well other ICs stick to their schedules, do you ask for time off or just let management know you won't be there, do you work extra when management asks??? Sometimes I feel like I behave as if I am an employee, but without any of the benefits. I'd like to know what the norm is out there. Thanks! ...

Amber Stick?
Mar 02, 2013

Used in orthopedics, amber stick?? ...

QA/FIESA....MTs Need Someone To Stick Up For Us
Dec 22, 2014

When on conference call about new compensation program, specifically asked if QA was going to get pickier and was told oh definitely no, they will not.  Well, I have found that not to be true.  One correction was a period..another a period, another a left out word (where the doctor changed their mind constantly they didnt even know what they wanted to say, so I felt it was a judgment call) it wasnt even a medical word or a word that changed the meaning, even if it is .25 points off tha ...

S/l Nah-stick Encephalopathy
Apr 13, 2015

TIA ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

Do You Intend To Stick Around For ICD10 ?
May 17, 2010

For those of you who are currently coders, do you intend to stick around for ICD10?  Are any of you planning on getting out of the field?  Do you know what your employer has in mind as far as training staff for the ICD10?  Just curious.  I just talked to an HIM director who said she is worried as more than half of her staff has indicated they intend to leave!  Should make for a lot of jobs for new coders.   ...

Criminy! I Wish They'd Pick One And Stick With It!
Jan 19, 2011

Since I can't get the same answer out of my QA, my CCM and others, I guess I'll poll the audience.  We DO NOT put the zeros on medications, like 4.0 mg should be typed 4 mg, right?  Do we put the zeros on...welll...pretty much anything else, like creatinine 2.0, temperature 98.0?  And no, I'm not new.  I've been told many different things over the past 10 years that now I'm just messed up, confused and too tired to think straight.  ...

Guess I'll Have To Stick With Corporate
Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she ...

Stapedotomy Disk On A Stick?
Feb 10, 2012

Ever heard of a disk on a stick for a stapedotomy? ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...

Chloraseptic Prep Stick?
Feb 20, 2014

Has anyone heard of chloraseptic prep stick for knee surgery. ...

Escription Corrections Don't Seem To Stick
Nov 17, 2014

I work on v 9, 10 and 11 and I have noticed that when I make corrections on some VR reports the corrections do not seem to stick by the time they get to QC.  I have seen mistakes that I distinctly remember correcting while I am editing and then they show up as not corrected on the QC reviews.  Thankfully it hasn't happened on post-audit but it is pretty upsetting.  I had my TSM check a couple of them and sure enough, the mistakes were there when sent by me, so either I have become a hor ...

Can't Verify Nitro Stick For Bleeding.
Feb 08, 2010

NM ...

What IC Company Allows You To Not Stick To A Rigid Schedule?
Jul 21, 2014

I am looking for a PT IC position that I truly can work when I have the opportunity and not set a rigid schedule.  I can somewhat adhere to hours, but sometimes cannot.  Are there any companies out there that allow this?  Thanks! ...

Ortho. Negative *schwa-stick* Sign?
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

M*Modal Collaborative Intelligence=Stick Figures
Feb 16, 2012

That sounds about as intelligent as they get... ...

S/L VSE Protocol For Accidental Needle Stick Of A Nurse?
Jan 24, 2014

Not sure if they are saying VSE, PSE or BSE?  It's a protocol if a nurse or healthcare worker accidentially sticks themselves with a needle and I tried googling, but I can't find anything definitive.    TIA ...

Double Nitrogen Freeze Slip, Slick, Or Stick For Actinic Keratoses?
Jul 01, 2011

xx ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

Just Curious, Did Anyone At DTS
Dec 29, 2009

Did any DTS employees get a Christmas gift, bonus or even a card this year?  (obviously I didn't) ...

Just Curious....how Many Of You
Jan 18, 2010

would actually like working over-time on an every single week basis, not just occasionally, but EVER SINGLE WEEK, cutting into your life and trying to plan things around this extra work.  I wouldnt mind once in awhile, but weekly mandatory is killing me.  Opinions welcome! ...

Curious To Know What Others Are Using For
Sep 10, 2010

internet search engine. I have found that Google is causing serious slow down of the computer since upgrading to 6.1 and wondering if this could be the culprit of the problems with 6.1 as when I switched from Google to other search engines I am not having the slow DQS 6.1 problem. Support suggested this when they tried to fix the problems I was having.  I want to know what others have found to be a good search engine for MT other than Google. I don't know why Google would have any ...

MQ CURIOUS
Jan 17, 2011

With FTR still in play and all the other requirements made of us highly-paid MTs, when ASR 4 cpl goes into effect in February, does that mean 3 cpl would still be deducted if our "performance" had to be improved?  Would that mean 1 cpl or, as an example, if an MT produced 1000 ASR lines in one day, would that MT make $10 for a day's work?  TIA ...

I'm Curious About Something - Sm
Feb 20, 2011

Everytime I post a question asking about OSi/Nuance I don't get any answers.  Does anyone know why?  Thanks for your help. ...