A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stapedotomy disk on a stick? - Regina Reimann

Posted: Feb 10, 2012

Ever heard of a disk on a stick for a stapedotomy?

Regina, try the Word Help Board...NM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Stapedotomy.... - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
A third surgeon (Surgeon 3) used a disc on the stick that has a 0.6-mm diameter ...

measuring stick? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Disk Versus Disc - Degenerative Disk/disc Disease?
Sep 26, 2014

I work with an MT who insists that it is degenerative disk disease, but we have an ortho doctor who insists it is degenerative disc disease.  He is so annoyed that in his latest dictation he says "humor me and just spell it d-i-s-c" and then proceeds to spell the word every single time he says it throughout the report. Now, I will say that I always typed it "degenerative disc disease" because I worked for an ortho office and was told that was the preferred spelling.  When I start ...

New Survey- They Can Stick It
Jul 13, 2010

Every time MQ sends out a survey they use it to justify a pay cut or cesspool or other "great" ideas.  They twist the results of the survey to fit their agenda and then say- see the MTs agree that ASR is better or they are sick of running out of work.  JMHO but I am not filling it out so they can use my answers to make my job worse than it already is. ...

Should I Stick With This Company?
Jan 04, 2011

Sorry this is kind of long, but I am looking for advice on whether I should look for a new job or hang on to the one I have.  I am a newbie and have only been working for about 6 months.  I was hired as a "statutory employee" at 0.0625/line with spaces.  Since they pay some of my taxes, I'm not sure what my actual line rate would be.   I work  M-F.  No nights or weekends required.  I have no minimum line requirement, rarely run out of work.  I c ...

ICs, Do You Stick To Your Schedules?
Jul 21, 2011

I'm just curious how well other ICs stick to their schedules, do you ask for time off or just let management know you won't be there, do you work extra when management asks??? Sometimes I feel like I behave as if I am an employee, but without any of the benefits. I'd like to know what the norm is out there. Thanks! ...

Amber Stick?
Mar 02, 2013

Used in orthopedics, amber stick?? ...

QA/FIESA....MTs Need Someone To Stick Up For Us
Dec 22, 2014

When on conference call about new compensation program, specifically asked if QA was going to get pickier and was told oh definitely no, they will not.  Well, I have found that not to be true.  One correction was a period..another a period, another a left out word (where the doctor changed their mind constantly they didnt even know what they wanted to say, so I felt it was a judgment call) it wasnt even a medical word or a word that changed the meaning, even if it is .25 points off tha ...

S/l Nah-stick Encephalopathy
Apr 13, 2015

TIA ...

Do You Intend To Stick Around For ICD10 ?
May 17, 2010

For those of you who are currently coders, do you intend to stick around for ICD10?  Are any of you planning on getting out of the field?  Do you know what your employer has in mind as far as training staff for the ICD10?  Just curious.  I just talked to an HIM director who said she is worried as more than half of her staff has indicated they intend to leave!  Should make for a lot of jobs for new coders.   ...

Criminy! I Wish They'd Pick One And Stick With It!
Jan 19, 2011

Since I can't get the same answer out of my QA, my CCM and others, I guess I'll poll the audience.  We DO NOT put the zeros on medications, like 4.0 mg should be typed 4 mg, right?  Do we put the zeros on...welll...pretty much anything else, like creatinine 2.0, temperature 98.0?  And no, I'm not new.  I've been told many different things over the past 10 years that now I'm just messed up, confused and too tired to think straight.  ...

Guess I'll Have To Stick With Corporate
Aug 18, 2011

I give up.  I've submitted so many resumes and applications that my head is spinning.  I can't help it that my experience is more than two years ago.  The doctor died and the practice split up!  I live in a small town where outsourcing is unheard of and the MTs work at a place until they die.  I passed my typing test and editing test with All-Type, had my interview, discussed contract terms, and the woman said she would send the contract out.  But she ...

Stick A Finger In My Eye And Both Ears
Jul 10, 2012

I'm on my 29th report for the day and I have not had one decent dictator yet.  It's been solid insanity.  The whole day has been filled with: 1.  ESLs.  They are saying the right words, but they're not pronouncing them anywhere close to correct. 2.  What the heck?  Everyone is yawning and talking.  Please stop talking, go ahead and yawn (if you can't find the pause feature!) and then continue with your hard to unde ...

Chloraseptic Prep Stick?
Feb 20, 2014

Has anyone heard of chloraseptic prep stick for knee surgery. ...

Escription Corrections Don't Seem To Stick
Nov 17, 2014

I work on v 9, 10 and 11 and I have noticed that when I make corrections on some VR reports the corrections do not seem to stick by the time they get to QC.  I have seen mistakes that I distinctly remember correcting while I am editing and then they show up as not corrected on the QC reviews.  Thankfully it hasn't happened on post-audit but it is pretty upsetting.  I had my TSM check a couple of them and sure enough, the mistakes were there when sent by me, so either I have become a hor ...

Disk Or Disc
Jan 19, 2010

Does anyone have a trick on how to know which is the right form to use?  When I look them up in the dictionary I am thinking disc is for eyes and disk is for spine??  Any help appreciated!  ...

Disk Formatting
Oct 17, 2011

I got a new computer.  I do work for a local doc the old fashioned way (tapes) and would like to save his work on disks (used 3.5 on old computer).  I tried to format the disk and things were going well until the last few seconds when a window popped up saying format could not be completed, but no reason why.  I have tried several times since and the same thing happens.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am using CD-RW disks.  Thanks. ...

Disk Vs Disc
May 11, 2012

I am curious as to the correct way to use this word when talking about the spine.  I have seen it both ways in my references and back in the day it used to be disc when talking about the eye, but it seems now ortho is using it.  Can someone enlighten me please as to the current preference? ...

Disc Or Disk?
Feb 25, 2015

what is the preferred spelling of disc/disk?  The way I learned was that it doesn't totally matter as long as the spelling is the same throughout the report.  But now I am getting feedback that it does matter.  Thoughts? ...

Can't Verify Nitro Stick For Bleeding.
Feb 08, 2010

NM ...

What IC Company Allows You To Not Stick To A Rigid Schedule?
Jul 21, 2014

I am looking for a PT IC position that I truly can work when I have the opportunity and not set a rigid schedule.  I can somewhat adhere to hours, but sometimes cannot.  Are there any companies out there that allow this?  Thanks! ...

Disk Versus Disc
Jan 16, 2010

Cervical disk versus disc, which is the preferred?  I thought it was disk, but in speech jobs lately it is spelled as disc.  TIA ...

Age Old Question: Disk Or Disc
Jan 22, 2010

I know it's been asked before -- and answered before.  BOS 2nd likes DISK.  I still like it too.  I also like DISC for anything optic related.  Unless definite client preference, is there any updated consensus on using one or the other these days?   Thanks. ...

Disc Versus Disk
Jun 07, 2011

Can someone please clear this up for me as in C3-4 disc or disk? ...

PIC/PICC And Disk/Disc
Apr 11, 2015

ASR always used to type out PICC (not PIC) and disk (not disc).  I just did a long report and throughout the report it had both disc and disk even in the same sentence.  Also, we were told PICC is the correct abbreviation, not PIC -- so why all of a sudden can't ASR get these abbreviations/words correct?  Why is it getting worse?  How is it getting worse? ...

Ortho. Negative *schwa-stick* Sign?
Jan 20, 2010

nm ...

M*Modal Collaborative Intelligence=Stick Figures
Feb 16, 2012

That sounds about as intelligent as they get... ...

I'm Curious To Know How Long People Plan To Stick With OTI
Jan 29, 2013

How much longer will you be able to last if this "slow down" continues?  And will you stay with them if they sell out to another company? ...

S/L VSE Protocol For Accidental Needle Stick Of A Nurse?
Jan 24, 2014

Not sure if they are saying VSE, PSE or BSE?  It's a protocol if a nurse or healthcare worker accidentially sticks themselves with a needle and I tried googling, but I can't find anything definitive.    TIA ...

Disk Or Disc?? What's The Final Verdict?
Apr 18, 2013

Once upon a time, many years ago, I was taught "disk" for eye, "disc" for vertebrae. These days, QA is contraindicating themselves like crazy.  If I type disc for vertebrae, they change it to disk.  If I type disk for vertebrae, they change it to disc.  What gives?  Same goes for eye.  This is driving me nuts.  What do you do here? ...

Sounds Like Dysglurban Or Disk Lurban??
Jan 02, 2014

I have a doc saying "problem with chronic dizziness slash (and what sounds like) dysglurban" Any ideas? ...

Is It Even Possible To Purchase Word On A Disk Anymore?
Aug 23, 2014

I just need MS Word 2013....but everywhere I look all I see available are "download only" or "no media" or key card only, no disk. I'm worried about getting a copy with no disk. Has anyone ever found a place to purchase Word with a disk for a reasonable price? Or have you had luck with just the downloaded version? Downloaded versions are usually in the $60 to $80 range. Thanks for any advice! ...