A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have been an MT for 14 years, but I failed the Transcend transcription test! - sm

Posted: Mar 13, 2011

I feel so bummed right now!  I can't believe I failed it.  Am I the only one?  Maybe it's time for a new career?!

probably not... - anonalias

[ In Reply To ..]
it was probably one of those MT Test things where they want you to go to their school instead of actually working. Don't take it personal. I think all of us have failed at least one of those dumb tests.

Lots of "schools" have become very predatory - on increasingly-desperate MTs. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
X

No, not "lots of" schools, but I have seen it happen with at least 1 - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
They all promise high-paying jobs that don't exist. - Thats despicable, if you ask me.
[ In Reply To ..]

Do not feel bad! I have over 20 years experience and I have (sm) - EagerMT

[ In Reply To ..]
failed the MTtest on multiple occasions and have no idea as to why. Actually it does not tell me that I have failed it tells me that I need to contact CareerStep, or whatever it is. Now when I apply to a company and I have to go to that site to test, I just simply exit out of it.

Like the other poster said, don't take it personally!

I've failed them too but got hired w/o taking any test!! - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
and I have been at my present job for about 18 months, no test, just phone interview and her looking at my resume. I do have about 25 years experience.

I hate those tests because you spend at least 2 hours taking those not to mention filling out all the paperwork and then nothing...

I always get 99% or more on my QA, the other day I received 100% even.

What is even more strange is... - MT 44

[ In Reply To ..]
I have passed tests when I know I probably should not have or the test did not really test true skills as far as content. Do not be discouraged, you probably didn't fail but rather they found enough applicants to fill their need for now. I think it's a lot to do with timing. Keep applying.

Is most of your experience in acute care? It's hard to - pass those tests otherwise. Sorry that happened. n

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Failed test - BJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Try not to feel badly. I know how you feel. Some of these places make their tests ridiculous. I took one test one time I could not believe the things they asked. I thought how silly that they want people and they give a test that you fail on. Just keep on. If you are young enough, I would say try another career, and maybe do this part-time or something. If you support yourself like I do it is a nightmare, but you do what you have too. Don't give up...

Be sure that you don't let them know your AGE - before you test. Seriously. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Why is that? Too young or too old? (NM) - MT 44

[ In Reply To ..]
x
My guess would be too old. I have seen posts where sm - JMO
[ In Reply To ..]
people said they had 30+ years experience and couldn't find a job, but when they shaved it down to something like 10-15, they were hired. Not sure if it is age discrimination (which I realize is illegal, but if you fill out their application and it asks for your date of graduation from college or whatever, not too tough to figure out)or probably they just do not want to pay for the experience.
Older employees average a lot more medical bills, driving - up insurance premiums for everyone--other
[ In Reply To ..]
employer AND other employees (making it harder to hire good people). Plus, of course, they may have to take more time off, file for disability and unemployment (employer pays), etc.

Then, of course, bigotry against age is real even if illegal in practice. On the plus side, many unbigoted employers appreciate that a lot of older workers have learned to WORK in a way a lot of younger ones have not, or are not able to because of other demands (children #1, #2, and #4, husband #3 :).

Are you well-versed in BOS rules? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Back when I had only worked for local hospitals and services & had limited BOS knowledge because they didn't use it much, I failed a test. If that's your case too, just brush up on your BOS & you'll do fine next time! :)

Don't know about that one but some tests are just disguised ads for schools - so if they try to sell you something...run!

[ In Reply To ..]
I really don't know about that one. It may be that they were just testing for something that was outside of your work experience. There are tests, however, that are just MT school ads. I wouldn't give failing those one second of worry. I know people who are highly skilled and were told they failed and they were then invited to enroll in MT training. Those tests lack credibility in my opinion. Well, I guess it isn't just my opinion. It's obvious.

May be standard response to avoid contacting you - Kathleen

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't let failing any online MT test ever get you down. It could be that you've genuinely failed (like another poster mentioned about BOS), or it could be just a way of dealing with pending applicants when the position has been filled.

Often, there is a lag between when openings are known and the company having already filled the position. It takes a while to remove any website testing links (if they do at all). It is much easier for the company to have the testing website automatically fail everybody when there are no openings. This eliminates any recruiter from having to call you and tell you that you have indeed passed, but there are no more openings. It also eliminates any emails having to be generated by the recruiter.

Personally, I think that sux and I wouldn't run a business that way. But, it is actually easier and cheaper to just automatically fail folks when the positions are filled.

So, keep this in mind when you test.

Transcend does not have a school so that would not be - Transcend MLS

[ In Reply To ..]
the reason. They are strict about the BOS and verbatim so you may have had a problem there.

Similar Messages:

Just Failed A Test (25 Plus Years Experience)
Jun 22, 2010

I must be getting too old for this and losing grey cells.  Totally ashamed. I thought the testing was difficult, but.... Either retirement or change of career may be in store for me. ...

Failed MQ Test? 15 Years Experience? Anyone Else Have Trouble?
Jul 18, 2010

Anyone ever failed the Medquist Test. Do they let you see results?   I thought I did great, however, evidently not? I have 15 years experience.     ...

Failed The Test For SGS??
Feb 24, 2013

So, I go through the grammar portion of the test, use a ton of reference materials when I needed to and I failed the test? Huh???!!! There wasn't even a place that told me what my score was! I have 10+ years in this field and can't see how I failed the test and it's just not sour grapes on my part.  This kind of shakes me to the core and makes me not want to apply anywhere else! Anyone else have this happen?  ...

Failed MQ Test. Will I Be Able To See My Results?
Jul 18, 2010

Have 15 years experience, however, they said I failed test? ...

Does MQ Let You Know If You Passed Or Failed Their Test?
Oct 03, 2010

Took the test a few days ago and haven't heard anything back.  Does anyone know if they advise you of a pass/fail, or do you only hear from them if you pass and are offered a position? TIA? ...

Failed Test And Very Upset
Nov 02, 2010

I am very upset, I took the radiology test and they say that I failed it and I don't see how. I have been a radiology transcriptionist for 20 years. There were only two questions on the multiple choice questions that I was uncertain of and the typing was easy. Has anybody else encountered this? ...

Has Anyone Failed The Tier 3 Test
Oct 20, 2011

I took the test and scored a 92.91 and I needed a 96 to pass.  I feel like a failure.  The fourth report that I was given was a difficult dictator (a fast talker).  My question is, do you know when we can retest.  Is it 90 days? ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A MT Enrollment Test?
Jun 11, 2012

Have any of you ever failed an enrollment test for a MT course? How did you feel about it? Did you get angry or upset or did you try again?  ...

Failed Medquist Test In September...
Dec 15, 2009

After failing the Medquist test in September 2009, they just e-mailed me today saying Medquist - Eligible to Retest.   Just a few hours later, I got another e-mail saying "Employment Update - Medquist.  You are eligible to retest." I thought a lot of people are losing their jobs at Medquist.  Why the desperate urge to hire, especially people who failed their employment test?     ...

Has Anyone Ever Failed A Voice File Test...sm
May 11, 2011

By making silly mistakes that you can't even believe you made!? Oh, I did. Today. I think I would kick myself in the brain if I could. I feel so defeated. ...

Wow! Transcend Offered On 8.5 Cpl For Heavy ESL Acute Care With 30 Years Exp.
Oct 28, 2009

nm ...

Failed Audit. How Failed To Require Line Rate
Oct 02, 2014

Is it any fail or under a certain percentage? ...

Transcend Test
Oct 13, 2011

Can somebody tell me if Transcend uses the MT Test site, which I just failed because I "need more training" after 25+ years?  Thanks! ...

Do I Take A Job With Transcend? Just Need To Complete The Dictation Portion Of The Test Sm
Nov 14, 2010

and they will offer me a job.  Is there work there?  I have no work with MQ and would like to find a different job.  Should I take it?  Just need more work and already working 2 jobs!  Thanks! ...

Probity Transcription - Had Bad Situation 2-1/2 Years Ago With Them
Mar 31, 2011

See they have new ad.  Had bad situation 2-1/2 years ago with them.  Accepted a job as a CMT with $50 CMT sign-on bonus and no training pay.  Told very few foreign accents on my job.  After training, got straight foreign accents for 2 days and boss said nothing was wrong.  Having been a QA editor for 5-1/2 years, I knew someone had picked out all the good plain-old American-type voices because the foreign accent guys don't all dictate at the same time with nothing in-between.  Their ...

So I Left Transcription Two Years Ago. Got Laid Off From
May 20, 2014

a hospital job after being a model employee for 5 years because of outsourcing.  Disillusioned, I decided I was done and took a job as a unit secretary at a hospital "in the city."  Pay was the same and I thought it would be a nice change, you know a little daily human interaction.  WRONG!  After dealing with nonstop ringing phones, call lights, pesky patients and family, hateful nurses, and condescending doctors on a daily basis, I was ready to run back to my home office for ...

Career Change After 20 Years Of Medical Transcription
Dec 22, 2013

Anybody got any ideas for a career change for someone that has been doing medical transcription for 20 years? ...

After Years And Years Of Being IC, Obtained Employee Status At A Co. Sm
Nov 26, 2012

Thought that after not having enough work for a couple years now and always chasing work, I'd now have a "real job" as an employee and wouldn't have to worry about a steady paycheck and paying the bills anymore. The reason I thought this was because at the interview and in their professional company emails, they use all the "real job" words:  Shift, scheduled hours, overtime, PTO, benefits, etc.  I felt relieved to finally have a "job." What a big bunch of BS! I was "hired" ...

3 Years. Question: How Many More Years Do You Plan To Be An MT/editor?
Dec 20, 2013

There is much speculation about the field of transcription - how many of us actually plan to be here 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now. I realize that the field is going to change, which will contribute to your answer. Will there be enough transcriptionists/editors to fill the need in 5 years and in 10 years? Will the industry be forced out of offshoring because of taxes? Will there be a need even for editors if VR gets better? These are all unanswered questions, but my question is, what ...

GCTFL Transcription Test
Mar 15, 2011

Has anyone heard back from GCTFL after taking their transcription test? ...

Accentus Transcription Test
Jul 06, 2012

Wow.  Just finished the 1-hour testing for Accentus.  Crazy...no player, no pedal, no shorthand program. I had to keep going back up to the play/pause button to start and stop.  Hope they account for that. ...

Did Anyone Test For The Legal Transcription
Apr 09, 2015

after you submitted a resume or the test? ...

Fox Transcribe - Template For Transcription Test?
Oct 08, 2012

Where can the template be found for transcription test? ...

Has Anyone Ever Taken The Radiology Test For DTS (digital Transcription Services)?
Oct 11, 2010

Has anyone ever taken the radiology test for DTS? Is it hard?   Any info on the company?   TIA ...

Future-Net. Guess I Must Have Flunked The Transcription Portion Of The Test
Feb 25, 2010

Really not expecting to hear back.  Left several blanks in 2 of the reports.  I have 30 years experience and can transcribe ESL, but on one-try, give me a break. ...

Transcend Hiring Transcription Only MTs-listed Today
Feb 09, 2010

Can you believe that.   Transcend advertising for new recruits when half the people they have have no work! ...

I Worked For M*Modal A Couple Of Years Ago Or So And I Worked For Medquist Several Years Ago.
Aug 08, 2014

Lately, I've been getting legal notices mailed to my home from I believe the east coast somewhere informing me of a class action lawsuit against M*Modal and inviting me to joint if I have a claim.  I don't think I have a claim, but then again with all the shady practices in this business, I'm not so sure.  I'm just curious what the heck is going on. Anyone care to give me the lowdown? ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Failed Another One
Jul 22, 2011

I failed ANOTHER  test. This time I made it all the way through and took the transcription part of the test. I was just informed that my scores were not QUITE what they need to be.        I think I am about ready to give up........I swear......... ...