A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Charge for Radiology Reports - mommaMT

Posted: Apr 24, 2012

I have been working for transcription companies for the last 10 years and now feel like I am ready to try it on my own.  I do radiology transcription and would like to get some feedback/advise from any other MTs who have done this.  I thought maybe I should compose a letter to circulate to local radiology/ortho facilities offering my services.  But I'm not really sure what to charge???? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm an IC for a large, very large MTSO and - charged

[ In Reply To ..]
$1.70/report. All the radiology facilities in my area are owned by local hospitals the work goes to MTSOs so it was impossible to get rad accts on my own. Depending on your area, I would go higher than $1.70. According to peeps I know in my hospital, the MTSO is charging $2.15/report.

thanks! - mommaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for the input.

Similar Messages:

Charge For Radiology Per Report
Jun 08, 2010

What is the going rate for charging per report for Radiology? ...

What To Charge For Rad Reports?
Apr 08, 2013

I have been an IC MT for 10+ years but have always been compensated by CPL. I have been approached by a small clinic to transcribe their RAD reports.  What is the going rate per report these days?  TIA ...

Charge For PQME Reports
Aug 14, 2010

I have been approached by a doc to transcribe only pQME reports- up to four per month.  These will be anywhere from 20 to 60 pages long.  Does anyone currently do this?  I am trying to figure out a fair price to charge as they want a per line charge.  I cannot find any info on the net as to the going rate for this type of sporadic work.  Any help out there is greatly appreciated.  ...

Radiology Reports
Oct 18, 2009

Does anyone know what the average daily income is for typing radiology reports at 0.09 line?  Thanks. ...

Reports For Radiology
Sep 27, 2013

Can someone tell me what the quota for reports per hour are for radiology?   Thanks ...

How Do Most MT's Get Paid For Radiology Reports
Mar 20, 2010

I am going from an hourly rate to a cpl.  However, when I'm typing short reports such as radiology reports, the line count is so low that I don't make very much.  The regular acute notes or clinic notes are longer and I make a lot  more. Does anyone know how these are billed? ...

How Many Radiology Reports Can You Edit Per Hour
Oct 05, 2010

Just trying to figure a few things out before accepting a position for radiology editor.  Thanks in advance ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

What To Charge
Feb 27, 2010

What would you charge someone to listen to a file to help fill in blanks?  It is not an everyday thing and only a few files every once in a while.  This person wants to pay me for this and I have no idea what to charge. ...

How Do You Charge?
Mar 08, 2011

I am an independent subcontractor with one large account.  The hospital is switching to VR and I have been able to keep the account, but I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, or where to find info about this.  This is all happening over the next few weeks so I need to come up with a plan.  I currently charge a flat rate per line, and have not increased my fee in many years.  However, if I do editing work, do I charge per report?  I don't have a clue.  H ...

How To Charge?
Mar 09, 2011

As an independent subcontractor, how do I charge for editing as opposed to transcribing?  I currently charge a flat rate per line for transcription, but with my hospital switching to VR over the next few months I will be doing some editing as well.  I have no idea what to charge, how to charge, etc.  Any help appreciated! ...

How Much Should I Charge?
Dec 06, 2012

Hello!  I am a fairly new MT (2 years experience) and I am currently doing IC work.  I have been approached by a physician (that I used to work for as a medical assistant) to do her transcription for her as she has gone out on her own and has a private practice now.  It is a family practice, so pretty basic office visit notes.  My question is what should I charge her per line?  OR should I charge per report, per page, or what?  I'm not sure yet that her EM ...

EMR - How Much To Charge?
Feb 13, 2013

One of my groups is switching to EPIC and is requesting I prepopulate the return patient information into the system to generate individualized templates before their next clinic visit. No way to charge by the line. Anyone have any idea what the going rate range should be for this type of work? ...

What To Charge???
Apr 02, 2013

I have been asked to transcribe written reports....type the written reports.  I have never done this before....what is charged for this type of transcription?  I have only charged for transcribing dictated reports.   PLEASE HELP! ...

Help! What Should I Charge?
May 14, 2013

I have an opportunity to work with a local, successful Midwestern 6-physician ENT practice.  They want to know what I charge per line.  I'm currently with a larger MTSO and have been for years.  Back in the good old days I could charge my own clients by the gross line, 15, 17, 18 cents.  But those days are gone.  I don't want to lose the ENT group to an MTSO or other middleman. What is a fair rate for transcription (with no delivery or printing) these days?&nb ...

Help!! What To Charge
Feb 19, 2014

My husband's doctor called wanting me to do some transcription for them.  I am not sure what to charge.  She is ESL and can be difficult as I have gotten some of her work through the hospital account.  These would be clinical notes, straight typing.   She has put them on tapes.  Of course, needs them sometie in March -- over 100 of them.  Also I have Word 2007 and 2010 -  do they have a line count feature.  It has been a very, very long time ...

So Just Who Is In Charge Of OT - BR Or PK? Can Tell BR
May 01, 2015

is back with the MOT.  Makes you wonder why that wasn't so important while she was away. Mmmm - power/control trip!?! ...

IMEs - How Much To Charge
Sep 16, 2012

Hi!  Can anyone give me an idea on how much to charge to doctors for transcribing IMEs?  Also, going rate if working for service transcribing IMEs.  Thanks.   ...

Keystroke Charge
Feb 05, 2013

Has anyone heard of charging for using the shift key as a keystroke, meaning if you capitalize something, you basically get 2 characters instead of 1? ...

Unbelieable Charge
Mar 01, 2013

Just thought I would share this.  Back in September, I had to go to an Urgent Care Center for a nosebleed.  It just wouldn't stop.  I finally received the doctor's bill in February. Luckily my insurance paid almost all of it.  But there was a $10 charge for "Services provided between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m."  I just couldn't believe that.  I wonder sometimes how people get away with things. ...

Price To Charge
May 04, 2013

What would you charge for a private account if you had to use a printer and had to pick up and deliver the work? ...

Need Help With CHARGE Syndrome Dx.
Jul 07, 2013

Hey all, I'm doing a psych report and one of the diagnoses is CHARGE syndrome. My question is--do I spell it all out?  Or is an accepted abbreviation for the diagnoses section? CHARGE stands for the following:   Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the  choanae, Retardation of growth and development,  Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hearing loss Coloboma, Heart, Atresia of the choanae, Retardation of growth and development, Genito-urinary, Ear anomalies and hea ...

How To Charge For EMR Work
Oct 23, 2013

I currently transcribe from home for a  local ortho clinic.  When they switch to EMR and I can convince them to keep me to transcribe, what is the best way to charge for my work?  Per patient entry (how much?) or still do the per line thing using cut and paste from Word.  I need to keep it simple and relatively cheap in order to try to keep their work.  I certainly do not want them thinking they should be able to do their own starting at a keyboard while in the exam room ...

Best Way To Charge In 2014
Jul 21, 2014

Hi - I was just contacted by a neuropsychologist I worked for years ago in the office, about transcribing reports for him from home.  I have scoured the boards and I did not see anything current about what to charge. I live in western PA.  He says the reports are somewhat repetitive. If you charge by the page, does that mean half a page is the same price as a full page? I thought by the page would be simplest for calculating what they owe, but not sure.  Setting up how to receive ...

Fair Charge Per Line In GA
Jan 01, 2010

I'm thinking about trying to go out and get my own doctor's office and have a question about what is a fair rate per line in the state of Georgia. I've been doing some research but there seems to be a huge range. Can anyone tell me if $0.18/line seems fair? Thank you for any help or information!!!! ...

Which Companies Charge A Fee To Use Their System?
May 19, 2010

Fast Chart, Silent Type and Transform I have read about on this board. Any others? Thanks! ...

Unsure Where To Post, But What Would You Charge Sm
Jun 28, 2010

per audio hour of dictation?  A company wants me to quote this fee to them and I have never calculated this as I usually charge by line or page, etc.  Thanks for any and all advice!  ...

What Would You Charge Per Line For A Doctor With
Jul 13, 2010

Is it legal to charge an hourly rate as an IC.  If I charged by the page, what would you charge?  I am thinking they are clinic notes.  I don't have a problem transcribing heavy accented dictators, but until I learn him, it will slow me down a bit. ...

Charge For Invoice Prep
Jan 01, 2011

I am an IC. Just told must invoice company I have been with for 5 years, with lines per day, cpl, etc. Do I charge for this and if so how much? Never had to do this before. ...