A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Possibly About to be Outsourced to Mediscribes - from in-house job

Posted: Aug 07, 2013

Management says they are considering 4 MTSOs, and that we will probably be offered jobs with whichever they choose. Mediscribes is one of the four, so we have lots of questions about Mediscribes: Has anyone else here been hired by Mediscribes because their hospital outsourced to them? Did they keep you on the same account? Did they bring you on at one rate of pay, then cut your pay later (like Nuance does)? If yes, how much later and to what rate of pay? And for any Mediscribes MTs, whether you applied and hired on with them by choice or by outsourcing: Are you employees or independent contractors? Are you union? (Yes, I know, silly question -- but we are, so it may make a difference in terms of whether we can be forced to accept jobs with Mediscribes instead of severance pay.) Is it VR or straight typing? How much do they pay? I saw from a help-wanted ad on the Seekers board that they do count spaces and use a 65-character line. Do they count headers and footers/demographics? Canned text? Do you have to type in the demographics, or are they already pulled in? How cumbersome or not are cc:'s? How many lines per hour do MTs make there on average, if they've told you? Do you run out of work a lot? When you do run out of work, are you required to keep checking to see if work has come in during the rest of your shift? If yes, are you paid for that time spent checking? Is it like M*M and Nuance, with all of the easy work sent to India and the really bad dictators reserved for the US MTs? What's their minimum QA percentage to pass? Is QA usually fair or nitpicky and inconsistent? Are you penalized for sending blanks to QA, like MTs are at Nuance and M*Modal? What can you tell me about their health insurance and vacation? THANK YOU for any info

razor blades - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
painful but all MTs can afford anymore. Are you in midwest?

I don't work for Mediscribes... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
But it's pretty safe to say, with any MT service, that it will be nothing like your in-house job. I would plan on picky QA, out of work scenarios, multiple accounts, and a minimum of 1/2 pay cut. Sorry. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but that's the nature of working for MT services. If you can get severance pay, I would go that route and try to find a different position within the hospital or in your community.

Medicscribes - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Mediscribes is an Indian-based company with a Louisville address. The majority of the staff that you would be dealing with is Indian. You will be on an instant messenger program (at the time I was there I believe it was Yahoo). You will be assigned 5 reports and then have to ask for another 5. You will receive constant IMs from them. For the short period of time that I was there, I believe I was making 7 cpl and it was straight typing. I left because even though I have a newer computer with Windows 7 on it, the software that they utilized for the particular account I was on, was very clunky and slow. The hospital that I was on was in the Midwest and was actually located in my mother's home town, so that helped quite a bit as far as knowing things. Sorry that I couldn't provide more information but it's been a while.

punitive QA - send anything to them

[ In Reply To ..]
anything...blanks, questions, anything, and you lose lines the moment QA has to open your sent dictation for any reason whatsoever, usually 1 cpl for whole document, not just the blanks left. so instead of making 8 cpl for the whole document, you would be getting 7 cpl for the whole document. punishing you for sending anything to QA. Hate co's that do this!!

Punitive QA? - a-non-y-mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work for the Mediscribes you all are talking about, and I do most of the QA for my account. We have never deducted money, lines, etc. from any MT who sends their work to QA. Maybe the other accounts do...the account I am on is on the Escription platform...so maybe you were on a different platform. And for the record...they are India-based but have a KY address...that is completely true. I am embarrassed to say I work here b/c I think they are extremely shady-but what can I do? Girl's got to make a living :) Good luck to the original poster! Hope all works out well for ya!

Similar Messages:

Mediscribes Our Hospital Outsourced
Aug 05, 2012

Our area hospital just outsourced 23 medical transcribers jobs to Mediscribes.   ...

He Can't Possibly Be Saying This!!!!
Dec 31, 2010

The doctor (ESL) is giving a list of the patient's medications.  He says one that sounds like "urine"  and then goes on to state Omeprazole, Zyprexa, aspirin, and one that sounds like "liver maintain."  Patient has a history of psychosis, seizure disorder, schizophrenia, and COPD. ...

S/l SSK Or Possibly SFK
Nov 13, 2011

The patient could not tolerate SSK or SFK due to metallic taste in mouth.  Cannot seem to verify what this abbreviation could be. ...

Can You Possibly Be Thankful?
Dec 21, 2011

So yeah a lot of Debbie Downers on here for sure. How bout you try this on.  Remember what you have and not what you don't.   I am working 3 jobs , 16 hours total a day to try and not lose my house.  I am having no Christmas because I can't afford it and if you have a job, a roof over your head and a few presents under a tree how bout you be thankful for that and quit whining about what you don't have.  If you have a job be thankful.  If you don' ...

Could I Possibly Get Another Email About This
Dec 11, 2012

This wants this, this wants that, I will add to CP, but until then read emails, the thousands and thousands of emails that have been sent...   COME ON!!! ...

1, Possibly 2 Medications, And Spelling Help Please?
Aug 04, 2010

Not sure of the spelling for either.  Also, not sure if these are 2 separate medications or if they should be separated by a comma.  Any help is appreciated. Also, if you are familiar, please indicate whether they are brand or generic meds.    amiodipine danazopril oral ...

S/l FN Or Possibly SN Notch. Doing Sacral
Feb 12, 2011

InterStim placement for overactive bladder.  Hope someone can help.  Cannot find this on Google. ...

Interested In Possibly Going Into Coding
May 24, 2011

I am doing some research on medical coding. I have looked at Andrews Coding School and Career Step. Both seem to be close but Career Step states it takes much less time to finish, which I am guessing is to get you in to their school and not reality but that is only a guess. The cost is also a huge difference. Has anyone here gone through either school and would you recomend one over the other? Any advice is appreciated. ...

Possibly Medical Transcriptionist
Jan 15, 2013

I'm looking into doing online training to be a medical transcriptionist. I was wondering how much money you make once you get out of school, is it worth it? How much an hour? Also, is it easy to find a job? I really would like to work from home because I have a 5 month old daughter.     Thanks! ...

Aesculap--possibly Fish
Mar 26, 2013

Yesterday, I applied to this company. I get a reply (albeit in my junk file) saying that they want to interview me. They tell me things that I need to have (ie yahoo IM, yahoo mail etc) which I do not want to have again because I was hacked into. Today also I tried to look at the job description again to check it.(it's on another board) and it is gone. I have a bad feeling about this so if anyone else wants to apply BE CAREFUL!! ...

Can We Possibly Get Rid Of The Annoying WalMart Ad....
Aug 06, 2013

.....that "follows" us? ...

I'd Like To Start My Own Business That Could Possibly Utilize
May 04, 2012

I've been thinking of capitalizing on the need for data migration in the healthcare industry by starting my own healthcare data migration business.  I've only just begun to research and gather information about this type of business. I don't know too much about IT (but know people who do) and I don't know too much about data migration at this point, but there seems to be an opportunity here somewhere for experienced MTs like me (and you), at least a temporary one, so I& ...

Does Anyone Think That Coding Is Possibly As Hard As Nursing? SM
Apr 18, 2012

I am 3/4 through the Andrew's coding course and it is HARD!!!  Sometimes I think I wish I went into nursing.  A 2-year degree and you can start (in my area at least) at 30 an hour.  With coding, at my local hospital, they start at 26 an hour for inpatient coders, BUT you need experience!  I feel it may take me a few years to get up to the pay rate of 26/hour, and in between I will have to go back to school to learn ICD-10 and pass even more tests. AND, by the time I am ...

Alpha Transcription - Possibly Working For Them
Jun 21, 2012

Have been approached about possibly working for them. I have read in the archives about them being up for sale, MTs leaving, line discrepancies, and them no longer paying for headers, footers, etc. Does anyone have any current information? TIA ...

Possibly Moving To AZ. Any Advice For Work Out There? Thanks In Advance. Nm
Apr 21, 2010

xx ...

Renal Disease, Possibly Dehydration Versus ...sm
Apr 16, 2011

S/L "mid effect" versus HIV nephropathy. Cannot find anything that sounds like "mid effect". Anyone? Thanks in advance if you know this one! ...

Mediscribes, KY
Jul 06, 2012

Has anyone worked for Mediscribes in KY. Any input is appreciated. ...

Mediscribes?
Nov 06, 2012

Says it is all typing, no VR, user friendly platform.  Anyone know?  I've never done IC work but I'm starting to consider it. ...

Mediscribes - Tem Gig>
Mar 02, 2014

I read where someone wrote this was temporary gig.  What is meant by that.  I was recently hired and they did not tell me that.  They did tell me about being Indian based and all the rest about a home in KY.  I really do not know if they have Indian MTs but I would assume so, as most of the staff I have been in contact with are Indian and have very limited English.  Are you saying that they train Americans to do their work and then send them packing and send the work to ...

Mediscribes
Jul 05, 2014

I sent my info to Mediscribes, but have not yet heard anything from them. Are there others out there in the same boat? ...

Good/bad On Mediscribes
Nov 02, 2011

Any thoughts on Mediscribes? ...

Mediscribes In Kentucky
Nov 02, 2011

Anyone familiar with this company care to share any info about them, good or bad, anything...would just like to hear if I should run towards them or away from them.  Thanks. ...

MediScribes Inc., Louisville, KY
Sep 08, 2012

Hello. Does anyone work (or has worked) for MediScribes Inc., in Louisville, KY?  If so, just wondering how well it is going? Thank you very much. ...

Mediscribes In Louisville, KY
Jan 25, 2013

Anyone who knows about this company, good or bad, please post your feelings about working for them.  What platform do they use for straight transcription?  What is their cpl rate?  Do they pay for spaces?  Do they make their ICs work a set schedule?  Do they pay on time?  I would appreciate hearing anything about them you care to share.  Thx. ...

MEDISCRIBES IC RADIOLOGY
Jul 09, 2013

Did anyone else apply for the Radiology IC position for this company; I received testign and returned it but no word back?  Any one else the same?   Thanks ...

Mediscribes Hiring Again, Does Anyone Know
Jul 18, 2013

Are they just always busy, seems like they always need help. ...

Mediscribes What Platform?
Jun 10, 2014

Does anybody know what platform Mediscribes out of Louisville uses or any experience working for this company?  ...

Mediscribes- Louisville
Jun 25, 2014

Any recent info on this company who is currently advertising for MTs. I've read all the achieved stuff I can find, seeing that it is a company obviously based out of India, but would really like to hear from anyone who CURRENTLY works for them and what experience they have had. Thanks so much! ...

Mediscribes QA In Kentucky
Jul 18, 2014

As we all know, the testing process, etc., in applying for a job just to find out they pay so poorly you couldn't afford to take the job is extremely frustrating.  With this in mind, does anyone have any info on the Mediscribes ad for QA on the job seeker's board.  Apparently it is a line rate.  That's not always a bad thing depending if you're doing 100% QA or just blank fill ins.  Can anyone give me info on the pay with this company and any other pertine ...

Mediscribes, Louisville, KY
Nov 11, 2014

Any info would be appreciated... the usual, OOW, Management, platform, pay.  TY! ...