A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can we please be done with the annoying snowflakes? - Hate reading between those stupid things. NM

Posted: Dec 05, 2012

x

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH - gasp, gasp

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I just told myself yesterday that I would scream if someone mentioned the snowflakes one more time!

I guess, like Christmas or winter or - whatever it is supposed

[ In Reply To ..]
to represent, just be grateful it only comes but once a year. We could have falling leaves in autumn, little hearts on Valentines, firecrackers for July 4, etc. Maybe because I'm old and bitter, but I am already burnt out on Xmas, especially constant Xmas music everywhere. LOL.

awe, that is too bad - I will send you some of my Xmas spirit

[ In Reply To ..]
I have an overabundance. I should be sad, losing a loved one this year, issues with children, health problems, and definite financial issues, but... I STILL LOVE CHRISTMAS. :)

Shop online. No music unless you want it. LOL - backwards typist

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I do.

Posted it on another board, it got moved here. - Never read this board. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

We might have to get a SNOWFLAKE board! - sassy1

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Love the snowflakes! nm - VTMT

[ In Reply To ..]

Hate, detest and despise them. Also, Snowflakes represent winter NOT X-Mas, so not being a Grinch - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

But can ya tell us how you REALLY feel? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I think this is the first year that anyone complained about the snowflakes - backwards typist

[ In Reply To ..]
Shows how much the posters on this board has changed.

Snowflakes are complained about every year - not just this year

[ In Reply To ..]
People have been complaining about these darn snowflakes every year since they were first started.

For me personally, they seriously slow my computer down, sometimes to the point of locking it up and I have to reboot. So I pretty much don't even visit this board at all during the month of December.

The reason why YouTube has a button to turn them off is because they do affect the functioning of some computers, and other people just find them downright annoying.

Do this - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
GO away for a month!!! Find something else to complain about and complain to someone else!

The board has had snowflakes now for YEARS in December.

I for one like them and look forward to them, as do many others.

I'm really tired of crabby pants trying to ruin fun stuff for the rest of us just because they're mad at the world.

That is putting it bluntly - gentleheart

[ In Reply To ..]
I just would have sugar coated it for fear of being Cyber Attacked!

Just because some of us don't care for the - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
snow flakes doesn't make us "crabby pants." I, for one, realize that some folks like them and that's fine. I do wish, however, that there was some way to "turn them off" for those of who don't find them particularly enjoyable

There is a way to turn them off... - posted like 4 times now

[ In Reply To ..]
Just go read through all the snowflake posts till you find it. Someone stated how to turn it off.
haven't seen that once. - at least not on this page.
[ In Reply To ..]
?
Tried that. It only works for a single post at a time. - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
Every time you read a new post, you have to change the page style. Thanks for the help, though!

i love it how - all those with

[ In Reply To ..]
The holiday spirit tell the rest of us to stuff it, drop dead or just vanish for a month.

I love it too... - please do

[ In Reply To ..]
It is getting old, all the complaining.

Option for Snowflake Haters... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
GO BACK TO WORK. You know, the OTHER thing you complain incessantly about??

Or go volunteer at a homeless shelter, or a school, or animal shelter... Do something positive with your time rather than constantly being a drain on everyone else and trying to drag them down with you into your pit of misery.

Oooh, Snap! - Hahahaha (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
Funny!

not everyone who doesnt like the snowflakes - doesnt like their job.

[ In Reply To ..]
The snowflakes mess with my computer. I don't care very much, but I certainly don't see how stating I don't like them warrants assumptions about my personality or work ethics, and certainly not my volunteer habits.

So its not really too annoying. (NM) - They only show up in my screen for a few seconds t

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Oops, but my post is annoying - backwards! Sorry! (NM) - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Annoying!
Jun 20, 2014

Mr. Dictator: You do not need to repeat your name and spell it twice, dictate the patient's name and spell it twice, along with repeating the MR# twice before dictating your procedure, then do it all over again at the end of the procedure! Geez, I get it.. Last job of the day, thank goodness! ...

OMG! This May Just Be The Most Annoying Thing
Oct 20, 2010

that I have had in a dictation, and I am sure that the dictator (PA-C)  is annoyed as well.  It's always annoying when she chitty-chats with the "girls in the office" while dictating, but in this dictation, one of the girls is mocking back everything the dictator says and continues to do so, after a little chuckle from dictator each time, to the point where the dictator finally has to tell her that this is important, it is for an attorney and she cannot mess it up.  ...

I Find It Annoying - Sm
Sep 19, 2013

I find it extremely annoying when finally I start to feel like I have enough work on a daily basis for a several-week stretch only to find the account manager has decided to "rearrange the pools" and put more MTs to a pool with fewer docs in the pool.  When I E-mail my account manager and ask for more work, my E-mails go unanswered.  So I bite the bullet, go with the flow, play the "sit-and-wait" game, and when I get new resident dictating for an attending and have to send the job to Q ...

Can We Possibly Get Rid Of The Annoying WalMart Ad....
Aug 06, 2013

.....that "follows" us? ...

Super Annoying....fiesa
Jul 02, 2014

It seems lately I have had a lot of corrections where they are removing what I have typed and marking as [UNCLEAR].  I am not getting dinged, but the reason this is bothering me so much is because they are doctors I am familiar with and know what they say.  It's not like a skip is happening and I'm adding in something. There are dictating, not always the best dictations, but because I'm familiar with them I know what it is. Makes me feel like I don't know what I� ...

Annoying Ding Sound
Jan 15, 2015

Silly question--just got a new monitor and now have this "ding" sound on finishing a chart.  Can't remember how to remove it.  Any ideas? ...

Shorthand Annoying Glitch
Feb 09, 2015

Hi.....using Dell, windows 7 pc, word 2013, and shorthand.    I like the feature on shorthand that you can check so that it uses the clipboard to dump shorthand entries into the text field on word 2013.  I  have some really long templates and when I use this form of text transfer (clipboard) on shorthand, it almost immediately dumps the template into my report.   BUT, then a glitch occurs on all other entries.  for instanct I have   pt for patient  a ...

I HATE OP NOTES. SURGEONS ARE VERY ANNOYING TO
Jan 26, 2010

LISTEN TO.  THEY RATTLE NINETY TO NOTHING THROUGH AN OPERATIVE REPORT.  JUST BECAUSE THEY SAY THE SAME THINGS EVERY TIME DOES NOT MEAN THE SAME PERSON ALWAYS GETS THAT TRANSCRIPTION AND AUTOMATICALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE SAYING.  THEY NEED TO SLOW DOWN AND REALIZE THERE IS A REAL PERSON ON THE OTHER END OF THAT STUPID MACHINE THEY'RE TALKING INTO.  RUDE, RUDE, RUDE.  THAT'S ABSOLUTELY ALL YOU CAN SAY ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!!!! ...

Do You Ever Find Some Dictator Voices So Annoying
Jan 11, 2015

The ones who stutter, or lisp (both of which I despise), or sound like they're whispering through locked lips.  Some days it's so strange it fascinates me more than annoys me.  ...

Thanks For The Snowflakes!
Dec 02, 2012

x ...

The Snowflakes Would Be So Much More Fun If You
Dec 21, 2012

Or eat each other like Pac-Man. ...

Cutesy Little Snowflakes
Dec 19, 2011

MT Stars admin, the cutesy little snowflakes are really adorable on the page, but gotta say it slows down every other open page on my computer, and while trying to work but have this page open to perhaps check on words or other posts, I just can't because the snowflakes slow everything down. I really like the snowflakes, they are too cool for school, but maybe others are having this problem too? ...

I Don't Like These Snowflakes, They Remind Me Of
Dec 03, 2012

the scintillations I get with a migraine. ...

Hey, Did Anyone Notice These Snowflakes?
Dec 06, 2012

I couldn't help myself! ...

I Have A Concern Regarding The Snowflakes.
Dec 06, 2012

They seem to be on every board and they just keep coming down and it reminds me of winter.  I don't really like winter.  I'm more of a summer person.  Also, is there any way to change this site from blue to yellow?  I prefer yellow.  TIA!  ...

Goodbye Snowflakes
Jan 01, 2013

See you again in 11 months!  ...

Okay, You Can Turn Off The Snowflakes Now.
Jan 01, 2015

...it's time for them to go away now! ...

If We Have Tech Problems With The Snowflakes, Is There Any Way To
Dec 22, 2009

nm ...

Yeah... The Snowflakes Are Back
Dec 19, 2011

Thanks Moderator! ...

The Snowflakes Are Messing Up My Compuer
Dec 08, 2012

The snowflake situation seems to have gotten worse.  There are more of them and I just lost the third or fourth post because of them.  The cursor flies around to random parts of the page when one passes by and there is constant flashing.  The "flakes" look more like real fast snails trailing down the screen than snow.  There is literally a snail trail of distortion behind them. I don't think the snow works with all computers.   ...

I Love The New Board Trim And The Snowflakes. Sm
Dec 19, 2011

It makes me smile! ...

I'm Outta Here, And I Won't Be Back After The Snowflakes Leave.
Dec 06, 2012

I think the straw that broke this camel's back was when someone suggested those of us with legitimate medical issues regarding the snowflakes leave until January. I believe the specific quotation was something like "See ya!" Well, no you won't. I had hoped to be able to contribute to the community and to develop some friendships on this board when I joined up, but I am taking the hint that I am unwelcome. Despite the low pay, I love what I do. Because I love what I do a ...

I Love The Snowflakes!!!! Thanks For The Christmas Spirit/feel! Nm
Dec 21, 2009

nm ...

Did You Guys Notice The Snowflakes On The MTStars Page?
Dec 16, 2014

Maybe that's fallout from the attempted snow job we all just got on the teleconference call!  I'm so proud of all you outspoken, assertive women!  Left 'em speechless!  Good job! ...

How To Turn Off The Annoying Loud "ding Sound"at End Of Dictation/spell Check.
Nov 22, 2011

I thought there was a way to make that annoying ding sound at the end of the dictation when spell check is complete to sound softer.  I have Windows XP.  I keep looking in the control panel but it does not seem familiar to me as to the way I used to do it.  In some reports if the dictator talks low and then when you reach the end it blasts out my eardrum.  TIA. ...

Annoying "corrections."
Jan 05, 2014

I had a fairly short note that was easy - and correct - except for a couple of lab terms I wasn't sure of because the dictator slurred over them.  Wanting the report to be correct, I submitted it to QA in the hope that the "smarter" QA person would hear the lab terms and fill them in.  Ha!  She didn't know either, but instead went through and "corrected" things that didn't need correcting, I'm sure in order to justify her job.   No more will ...