A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Coders, do you feel like you've been beat up some days after coding all day? - MJ

Posted: Feb 23, 2010

Coders, do you feel like you've been beat up some days after coding all day? Struggling with the Edits, documentation, CMS, and the massive volumes of rules to be checked?  Just wondering. 

oh yeah - cj

[ In Reply To ..]
almost every day! documentation gets worse and worse. just when you think it is as bad as it can get, it gets even worse! some days I just wanna slam the books closed and have a cocktail!!!

Coders - MJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. It helps to know I am not the only one. Some days I think I should just walk away from this, but I have only worked one place and also wonder if I should try somewhere else where they are more together. So many people seem to love coding so there must be good places where it isn't such a struggle.

Similar Messages:

Gait's Beat? Or Gaits Beat
Jun 22, 2012

Normal stride and step length. Gaits beat is normal. Is it gait's beat or gaits beat ...

Considering Coding School. Can Some Current Coders Please Tell Me - Sm
Jan 06, 2015

why coding would not eventually be replaced by electronic systems in the future?  Do they not have software that can pick out words from the text and assign the codes?  What does a coder do that cannot be automated by a machine?  Please don't think I am being insulting.  I know very little about coding and have just started researching it.  I am an MT for 20+ years. ...

Coding - How Long Before Coders Are No Longer Needed?
Jul 29, 2012

As we're seeing, MT's are now going to VR and making less money and working longer hours.  How long before coders are no longer needed? Don't they have programs already that insert the codes? ...

Read Something About What Would Go Against Someone In A Coding Interview. Coders Please Respond :)
Dec 05, 2012

I am still a student, so I am still very naive about a few things involving this grand new venture.   But, since I am almost done with my 4th module at Andrews and getting ready to tackle the certification exams, I have been doing a lot of research and reading about people obtainng their first coding jobs or something in HIM.  I read one scenario where the employer was telling of how she narrows it down to 3 candidates.  Of course, if one goes into an interview and seems as i ...

Coding :: Do You Feel The Compensation Is Good?
Jan 08, 2013

I have had my own medical transcription business for almost 30 years.  Recently, my largest client informed me they are going to start using a template that docs will fill out when they see patients.  I am losing a lot of income and really need to replace it.  My friend told me that coding is a good thing to get into now.  I don't want to spend the time and/or money learning that if the pay is not good and the jobs aren't plentiful.  I have tons of medical transcription experience ...

If I Can't Beat Them, Is It Possible To Join Them?
Jan 16, 2010

I was just recently hired in by a company who told me that I could not have any other VR software on my computer.  Why not?  Well suffice it to say,  I quit because of other things going on,but I started thinking;what if I did have my own VR software and why not allow it while working for this company.  My question is if I bought my own software for VR and train it while the dictators are dictating, can I increase my speed by just talking into my own software while the other ...

Hey, Webmedx Beat Out MQ
Jan 14, 2011

2010 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Professional Services report. In addition to receiving the Best in KLAS 2010 award, the company was also rated No. 1 in their category for professional services in the KLAS 2010 "Transcription Services: Competition, Technology, and Consolidation" report. Ummmm,  I seriously thought MQ was more up to date with software, but was I ever wrong. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webmedx-named-best-in-klas-and-ranked-1-transcription-servi ...

NUisANCE Has Me So Beat Down ...
Jun 12, 2014

Seven days to go until retirement and I am so tempted to just not show up for the rest of the time.  If they went a truly beaten down and demoralized MLS then they've got one in me.  I have never worked for a company that treats its employees as badly as NUisANCE treats theirs.  And they wonder why they can't keep anybody.  Maybe if they'd treat people as human beings ... but no, that's too much to hope for.  As long as I'm on a rant here, my int ...

Weary And Beat Down
Jan 12, 2015

Nuance's policy:  Please do all of the work necessary whenever we need you, but please don't charge for the work because we do not actually like to pay you.  This is the only industry I know where you need to know everything a doctor knows, but get paid less than minimum wage.  The irony of those creating the rules, but actually do not have a sweet clue what it takes is grand.  My rant is done.  Happy Monday and cheers! ...

Great Job Webmedx. Beat MQ.
Jan 14, 2011

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webmedx-named-best-in-klas-and-ranked-1-transcription-services-vendor-for-second-year-in-a-row-113386054.html   Webmedx won KLAS award as the best transcription company and beat MQ by over 12 points.  ...

For Those That Like To Beat A Dead Horse
Jan 30, 2011

Have some respect for the dead... come on. ...

I Hate To Beat A Dead Horse, But...........
Jun 10, 2014

Down below when I was trying to figure out if the reason I got laid off was because I was PT (CCM told me all PT were being laid off) or that I was in California (I thought maybe this was the case).....I realize that neither of these are true. I know there are still plenty of PT'ers left AND MTs in CA. So the only thing left (since like I said I always passed their stupid audits and always worked my graveyard/Saturday/sunday/all holidays shifts is that they were just trying to get rid of ...

Got This From Nuance India Website. (not Trying To Beat A Dead Horse, Here)
Jul 19, 2012

I just thought this was kind of absurd... "The future of Medical Transcription, as of today, is in use of Speech Recognition Technology. With the advent of this technology, manual typing has been eliminated. The Recognition percentage in most of the leading speech recognition software products is around 80% to 85%."http://www.ntsindia.in/mttraining.asp ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Hello Coders!
Dec 21, 2009

Where are you all?  Enjoying your work?  ...

The Best Coders
Jan 31, 2010

I would love to get the point of view of others on this topic. I've been watching coders for years, our graduates and others. I've found from my own experience that the best coders are people who enjoy more structure than one might find in medical transcription, for example. People who enjoy accounting, bankers, medical office managers, many nurses, and sometimes burned-out MTs. If you have 10 medical transcriptionists transcribe a report, you may have that many different versions, ea ...

For VA Coders
Jan 18, 2012

requirements say that education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.  If we did not attend an accredited school, can we still apply?  It says applicants must only report attendance or degrees from such.  So, don't bother reporting if you didn't attend an accredited school?  How's that work? ...

Coders-is There A Way
Jan 22, 2012

to check out coding and what it is all about before going through a course. I am interested in doing coding but am unsure if it is right for me. Thank you for your thoughts and input. ...

Hey Coders!
Aug 21, 2013

Two, actually, if that's alright... 1. What do you love most about your job? 2. If you weren't a coder, what would you be? There is no real reason behind my questions -- no ulterior motive as it were -- just plain ole curiosity. ...

What I Want To Know For All You New Coders,
Mar 22, 2014

You better be learning the ICD-10.  It starts in October.  Hopefully you are not just learning ICD-9, because that will be all gone soon.  I would ask about the ICD-10, if you are not learning the new up and coming codes, it sounds like this company will use you and then throw you away.  ...

Coders
Aug 20, 2014

How did the coding program work out for those of you "aces" that got in?  I would love to get into coding..I am really getting to where I hate transcription and seriously considering heading for the door..in fact I have applications and resumes circulating and am really hoping for a change. ...

Salary For Coders
Feb 02, 2010

What is the average hourly pay for coders?  How would you say the income compares with medical transcription.  I have been a medical transcriptionist for 14+ years, and looking into coding.  I actually used to do some light coding and billing years ago, but it was for a OB/GYN practice back in the day. ...

Some Questions For Those Who Are Already Coders:
Aug 31, 2010

I spent the better part of today looking at jobs other than MT.  Although very few hospitals had openings for MTs (they probably don't even have an MT Dept. anymore), there were coder jobs at almost every facility.  None of the ads I looked at gave a wage.  What does an experienced (5+ years) coder usually make?  Are you paid on production, or by the hour?  Is coding done on a computer?  What sort of software is used, and in your own experience, is it better t ...

How Are Coders Paid?
Jul 15, 2011

I am going to apply for the coding program at my local community college.  I have just finished the required prerequisite courses.  I have been a transcriptionist for 30+ years and am having to start over at 60.  Could you please tell me if coders are paid by the hour or are they paid piece work?  I'm also wonder if you think there will be jobs to be had after going through school.  Thanks! ...

Where Do Most Of You Work As Coders?
Oct 20, 2011

Do most of you work in hospitals and clinics or at home? ...

Is There Is A Job Board For Coders?
Oct 27, 2011

Where do coders go to look for remote and/or in-house jobs? Thanks ...

Question For Coders ...
Dec 15, 2011

Just visiting your board to ask a question out of ignorance. I'm an MT working for a hospital, doing straight transcription. There's been a growing trend for the hospitalists to dictate absolutely HUGE, long H&Ps/discharges ... including every stinkin' lab test and diagnostic procedure the patient has had for the last decade, it seems. Most of the reports are walls o' text, as these docs go on and on and bleepin' ON for at least four to five pages of transcribed dic ...

Question For MTs-to-Coders
Jan 17, 2012

Hi all you MTs-to-Coders!  I am curious to know why you left MT for coding? Burnout? Better suited to your personality? Better pay? Also, in conjuction to that, what kind of MT eduction did you have? Learn on the job? School? I ask because I'm trying to decide whether to go into MT or coding--I'm leaning toward MT through Andrews right now (for numerous reasons), but am looking for a perspective from the other end of the tunnel, so to speak. Thanks! ...

Inpatient Coders
Mar 28, 2013

Deal with the RACs? Is your accuracy rate based on how many they say are in error?  How about the stress related to that?  ...