A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If I can't beat them, is it possible to join them? - MTNeedyGreedy

Posted: Jan 16, 2010

I was just recently hired in by a company who told me that I could not have any other VR software on my computer.  Why not?  Well suffice it to say,  I quit because of other things going on,but I started thinking;what if I did have my own VR software and why not allow it while working for this company.  My question is if I bought my own software for VR and train it while the dictators are dictating, can I increase my speed by just talking into my own software while the other VR is playing and just finishing the report.  I am just asking folks, so please don't come at me too hard.  Can this be done?

Thanks

I like it! - diana

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi there - I was wondering about this very same thing! Someone I know suggested that it would simplify the editing, if the VR only had one voice to recognize (yours, from training it). less editing = more efficient = more pay...
I wonder if this is exactly why the company doesn't want you to have your own VR software...??

D.

how do you know that your voice will be interpreted by the VR ...sm - .

[ In Reply To ..]
with less mistakes? What are you going to do if you cannot understand what is dictated? There will be a discrepancy regarding the time marker. How can you notify the QA about this?
A lot of question that are not answered by MTs who say that they use it and it is so fabulous!?
Waiting for answers.

I think you are talking about Dragon and some companies - VRing

[ In Reply To ..]
if they know will not let you use this. I have a friend who asked up front and the answer was no. Do you think there might be a conflict in the 2 systems, that is why? Not sure myself but what VR were they planning on using or do you know?

I will call Dragon Rep myself:) - MTNeedyGreedy

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is worth a try because I talk out loud to keep up with the VR now, so talking to train my own VR might be the thing to keep food on the table and beat them at their own game. They know darn well you cannot make your same pay.

Let me ask you something - VRing

[ In Reply To ..]
What is your pay now and what would you except your pay to be with the system you will be using, which is by the way?

"conflict" is not the reason - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been told by hiring personnel at services that using a keyboard to put the words on the screen is "transcription" but using your voice is called "re-dictation," so it is not allowed.

IMO, that's as dumb as saying that using an expander is "stenotype" and not transcription.

The truth is, you're supposed to be paid for what is complete and ready for charting and not HOW the words got on your screen.

Snow Bunny: Are you allowed to use it? You posted that you do...nm - dragon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I totally agree with this. The end result is what they are looking for, nm - ttt

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Gait's Beat? Or Gaits Beat
Jun 22, 2012

Normal stride and step length. Gaits beat is normal. Is it gait's beat or gaits beat ...

I Do Not Think I Would Join Any Organization Who Has So Little
Jul 28, 2011

concern for its members that it would book a convention in Phoenix in August.  Certainly there would be many better alternatives, but just shows you how smart they aren't ...

To Old And Burned Out: I'd Like To Join You For Lunch.
Sep 10, 2011

nnnnn ...

Join Me For A Moment Of Happiness
Mar 05, 2013

Close your eyes and imagine what would happen if all American MTs went on strike and refused to do VR anymore, and the hospitals got the reports in their unedited glory. I'd say there'd be a panic in the hospital like this country hasn't seen since the stock market crashed in 1929.  ...

MTSOs - It IS Time To Join Hands - Play Fair
Jun 02, 2013

I am a concerned IC.  I would like to keep my job(s) as an IC and actually still have MTSOs be around to provide jobs.  With all of this garbage constantly going on and hurting the businesses,  I think that there needs to be some recourse for the MTSOs.  All of you so-called IC MTs proclaiming to do other's favors, no thanks.  You are not doing any of us "professional" ICs a favor - you are hurting ALL of our businesses, driving all of our work right out of the ...

Hey, Webmedx Beat Out MQ
Jan 14, 2011

2010 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Professional Services report. In addition to receiving the Best in KLAS 2010 award, the company was also rated No. 1 in their category for professional services in the KLAS 2010 "Transcription Services: Competition, Technology, and Consolidation" report. Ummmm,  I seriously thought MQ was more up to date with software, but was I ever wrong. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webmedx-named-best-in-klas-and-ranked-1-transcription-servi ...

NUisANCE Has Me So Beat Down ...
Jun 12, 2014

Seven days to go until retirement and I am so tempted to just not show up for the rest of the time.  If they went a truly beaten down and demoralized MLS then they've got one in me.  I have never worked for a company that treats its employees as badly as NUisANCE treats theirs.  And they wonder why they can't keep anybody.  Maybe if they'd treat people as human beings ... but no, that's too much to hope for.  As long as I'm on a rant here, my int ...

Weary And Beat Down
Jan 12, 2015

Nuance's policy:  Please do all of the work necessary whenever we need you, but please don't charge for the work because we do not actually like to pay you.  This is the only industry I know where you need to know everything a doctor knows, but get paid less than minimum wage.  The irony of those creating the rules, but actually do not have a sweet clue what it takes is grand.  My rant is done.  Happy Monday and cheers! ...

No Longer Taking 2 Hour Tests Without Knowing Rate Of Pay. Join Me?
May 17, 2012

I've made a corporate decision.  For myself. As of 4:00 EST, on May 17, 2012, I will never again apply, or waste 2 unpaid hours of my valuable time testing for ANY company which does not list CPL or hourly pay in their job listing. I will also be submitting my own "EMPLOYER HANDBOOK" to potential employers, addressing wage transparency, full explanation of pay rates, and precise factors by which "hourly" or "minimum" wage amounts are arrived at. I ...

Great Job Webmedx. Beat MQ.
Jan 14, 2011

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/webmedx-named-best-in-klas-and-ranked-1-transcription-services-vendor-for-second-year-in-a-row-113386054.html   Webmedx won KLAS award as the best transcription company and beat MQ by over 12 points.  ...

For Those That Like To Beat A Dead Horse
Jan 30, 2011

Have some respect for the dead... come on. ...

I Hate To Beat A Dead Horse, But...........
Jun 10, 2014

Down below when I was trying to figure out if the reason I got laid off was because I was PT (CCM told me all PT were being laid off) or that I was in California (I thought maybe this was the case).....I realize that neither of these are true. I know there are still plenty of PT'ers left AND MTs in CA. So the only thing left (since like I said I always passed their stupid audits and always worked my graveyard/Saturday/sunday/all holidays shifts is that they were just trying to get rid of ...

Coders, Do You Feel Like You've Been Beat Up Some Days After Coding All Day?
Feb 23, 2010

Coders, do you feel like you've been beat up some days after coding all day? Struggling with the Edits, documentation, CMS, and the massive volumes of rules to be checked?  Just wondering.  ...

Got This From Nuance India Website. (not Trying To Beat A Dead Horse, Here)
Jul 19, 2012

I just thought this was kind of absurd... "The future of Medical Transcription, as of today, is in use of Speech Recognition Technology. With the advent of this technology, manual typing has been eliminated. The Recognition percentage in most of the leading speech recognition software products is around 80% to 85%."http://www.ntsindia.in/mttraining.asp ...

If Anyone Is Going To Join The "Town Hall" Conference Call With Mercedes
Sep 09, 2014

I hope they will share what is said.  I would love to just be a "fly on the wall."  ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...