A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

what are your experiences with FutureNet? - anon

Posted: Feb 02, 2011

So, other than your paycheck being a few days late last week, what are your experiences with FutureNet?  Good, bad?  How is the pay?  They're advertising for a job and I'm thinking of applying.  Thanks for the help!

Futurenet - ceebee

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with this company nearly 2 years and I am very happy with them. Last week was the first time there was a delay in pay. Every other time, right there and I use the direct deposit. I am not sure there are more ESLs than anywhere else at this point. I am also very satisfied with the amount of work. There are occasions with no job available but within 15 minutes within my 3 accounts, I can usually find some.

FutureNet - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree about the pay. That was the first time that happened. It has always been on time. However, sometimes the work is very low and not enough to get the lines needed.

Not looking good for me... - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I'm certainly not encouraged with the platform, there is no previous report history capability, no dictator history other than looking through the mt reference samples, and the spell check is inefficient, m-modal has some strange glitches with text expanders, no auto save feature. Work must always be saved dependent on manual save input by the MT, so if you have a system glitch and are working on a long report, you better remember to manually save every other sentence or so, as to not have to retranscribe.

To eleborate on the above further.... - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps an inexperienced MT that wouldn't necessarily know any better and or mind dealing with these seemingly-minor but major unproductive annoyances that affect speed and efficiency and in the long run, by working for such a low wage amount, it's just not feasible. An experienced MT can spot the inefficient and time-consuming platforms that in the long run will affect any earning potential they might have with a company, and within a day can immediately tell whether it's worth it in the long run. Future Net isn't worth it, but that's just my personal review and opinion. Others may feel different, of course, and best of luck to them.
I have a totally different opinion sm - missi
[ In Reply To ..]
This is my 3rd time back with FN and I cannot say enough positive things about them. Granted not working in M-Modal but with other VR - I have 3 accounts, plenty of work and have found everyone to be nice, helpful and friendly. Any problem with the platform is more than made up in the generous line count software - and if you have worked on a platform that only counts the actual character you type - and does not give you the enter, the cap, the tab, the bold, the italics, or the headers/footers - you know what I mean.
FutureNet - Daisy
[ In Reply To ..]
Can I ask what you are paid per line for VR with them? And they actually count ACTUAL KEYSTROKES (formatting keys) too? What platform/software are you working in? Thanks!
I agree - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I would have to agree with the M-Modal comments. I tried it, and as an experienced transcriptionist, it was very frustrating with the little glitches, etc. I am sure I could find it productive over time if that was all I did, but going back and forth from straight typing to M-Modal is aggravating to say the least.

M-Modal? - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been a MT 5+ years and never heard of a M-modal. What is that exactly? What line rate does FN pay for MTs?

Similar Messages:

Futurenet Group Vs Futurenet Technologies
Jul 15, 2011

FutureNet Technologies is based out of California.  Futurenet Group is separate and apart from but using a similar name.  Be aware and do your homework people. ...

Futurenet Group/FutureNet
Jun 09, 2010

Is the ad for Futurenet Group the same company as FutureNet?  ...

Experiences With DIT Transcription ?
May 28, 2010

Hi, I am new to this internet typing transcription at home too and am finding it daunting and complicated.  Can anyone tell me about their experiences with DIT transcription ?  I was supposed to start on June 14, 2010 with them but now I do not know if they do not pay and are not realiable to work for?  They were willing to hire me?  What kind of dictation is it? Is it foreign dictators, I too wanted to get a phrase expander but at 5 cents a line, have to type 2000 lines to make 50 bucks, is ...

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

Any Experiences With StenTel??
Jun 14, 2011

Good, bad, indifferent??  :))) ...

Experiences With Transcriptiondrs
Oct 28, 2011

Any experiences one is willing to share.  Good, bad, ugly.  Is their pay too low for IC?  8/3??  thanks ...

Experiences With Amphion?
Oct 11, 2012

What can anyone tell me about their experiences with Amphion?  I have passed the test and have an interview set up for Monday.  Thanks in advance ...

DTS In Oklahoma Experiences?
Sep 03, 2014

Anybody have any experiences with this company they can share?  Pay, benefits, schedule, errors value, etc.? Thanks in advance! ...

Any Recent Oracle/OTI Experiences?
Mar 02, 2010

Does anyone have any recent experience with Oracle?  Hate to ask such a loaded ?, as there is always good/bad experiences.  Do they really just let you get on and work anytime you feel like it as an IC as long as you meet line requirements?  Sounds great schedule wise.  How is there system?  Is it all through the Internet or do you need a phone line for some sort of C-phone?  Do they provide the word expander or short hand program?  Work load...is there always ...

ProScript - Good Experiences With Them
Mar 12, 2010

Gosh, I wonder how you all have time to write so many posts?  I have worked for ProScript since January 2009 and have had nothing but good experiences with them.  The pay plan is comparable to other companies. Perhaps those complaining have not worked anywhere new in the last year or two.  The transcription industry has changed, folks… Heck, the healthcare industry in general has changed.  I think a company who will allow an existing MT 6 months to a year to be transitioned to VR at  ...

Info On Experiences With Synernet?
Feb 15, 2011

Hi! Can anyone give me infor on their experiences with Synernet?  I would appreciate any information I can get on this company.   Thanks,     ...

Andrews School Experiences
Aug 10, 2011

I am wondering if there are any current Andrews grads/students who would be willing to discuss their experiences in and out of the program. I have already spoken with Linda at length, and am now looking for an "in the trenches" perspective. Thanks! ...

Proscript - Recent Experiences?
Oct 25, 2012

Looking for input on recent experiences with this company. Good line counts, platforms, QA, etc. Any info would be helpful. TIA ...

Experiences Posting Resumes Here?
Feb 04, 2013

I'm job hunting.  I have 13 years of experience with acute care.  Has anyone had good results posting their resume here?  I don't really want to waste my time with companies that pay .05 cpl and hire anybody with fingers. ...

Anyone With Positive Experiences With Superior Global...
Jan 20, 2011

I've read the many, many negatives from dated posts. Anything new? Anything positive.   TIA ...

Diskriter Or TransTech - Opinions Or Experiences?
Jul 12, 2011

Have offers from both but have read pros and cons about each MTSO on these boards.  Has anyone worked for both and can compare the two, or does anyone have current experience at either?  I read the posts regarding the lack of work at TT and can't help but wonder if that's across the board or just a few accounts. Any advice, suggestions, experiences, etc., appreciated. ...

Anyone Care To Share RECENT Experiences With Transform? 
Jun 06, 2011

Anyone care to share RECENT experiences with Transform?  I'm not finding anything recent about them. TIA ...

FutureNet - What Is Up With Them
Jun 11, 2010

Not sure what is up with them.  They have several ads again but there is absolutely no work for us long timers.  Suspect they are hiring newbies and paying less to get the work done.  BTW, do not ever expect an increase in line rate.  You will NEVER get one.  Also do not expect to attain those bonuses they talk about in the ads - they have now made it impossiible to reach that level by maknig work unavailable, once you get close to making the bonus you can expect to see no work available ...

Futurenet...
Aug 01, 2011

How is Futurenet (Futurenet Technologies located in California) to work for?  Is there plenty of work or do you have no work on a regular basis?  How is administration?  Do they make you stick to a specific schedule?  Are they truly an American only company? Whatever information you can share will be appreciated...don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire!  :) ...

Futurenet???
Sep 14, 2011

How's the workload for everyone else? Mine STINKS!!!!  And then I get a warning email about my direct deposit.  Excuse me? ...

If Anyone On Here Uses FutureNet
Sep 25, 2012

Wondering if anyone on here uses FutureNet (possibly the glitchiest, most annoying transcription software ever created).  I use it at work.  When I started using it, it seemed to have a pretty good medical dictionary in it -- recognized all the medical terminology and almost all of the drugs, so I ASSUMED that all that was included.  So now we have a newbie, and when SHE uses FutureNet, it marks every single drug as an error (red wavy line), as well as all the medical terms.  I'm to ...

Former Futurenet
Jan 08, 2014

The ding at the end of the report.  I know it's crazy but it was strangely comforting.  Ding! you are done! Now sometimes I have to look at the slider (atrocious orange versus comforting Futurenet blue) to be sure I am at the end and not just playing dead silence.    What do my former Futurenet buddies miss? ...

FutureNet Info?
Dec 16, 2009

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me information on this company, especially pay rates, platform, whether it's easy to make lines or not, and all the usual stuff.  Email if you feel more comfortable sharing in that way. Thanks! ~KV ...

What VR Platform FutureNet Uses
Mar 17, 2010

Does anyone know what VR platform FutureNet uses and what they pay for VR work? ...

Futurenet, I Really Do Not Get It. What Am I Missing? Sm
Apr 02, 2010

I recently went back there part-time to supplement my day job after quitting because I got real tired of the highly fluctuating work flows.  My husband really pushed me to do this because we needed the extra money.  Once again, there is never any work for me to do, and yet they are hiring again?  Saying they need 2nd and 3rd shift?  That's what I do.  I'm not even going to bother trying to talk to them about it, because I already tried that and got nothing back ...

FutureNet In California
May 13, 2010

Does anyone presently work for or in the recent past worked for FutureNet out of California? They are currently hiring and I would like to know of anyone's experience working for them either as an MT or an Editor. Do they have plenty of work, pay on time, nice to work for, is the pay rate decent, etc.  Yes, I have searched the Archives, but would like more recent information if available. Thanks in advance to anyone who can supply this. ...

FutureNet Interview
Jun 02, 2010

Hi group!  I have a job interview with Rita at Futurenet tomorrow.  The reason I am looking is I am really tired of constantly running out of work because my company over hired and now we transcriptionists are just out of luck!  I am in my 4th year with my current job and suddenly can barely hit $100 a day.  This is really sad when there is no loyalty to their employees.  Now from what I have been reading Futurenet is the same???  I read from this group how they run ...

Has Anyone Had Experience With FutureNet And
Dec 20, 2010

and are they a scam? ...

FutureNet Is Hiring?
Feb 01, 2011

I just posted this on the wrong board (Job Seekers, what an idiot I am).  Anyway, I'll try again here.  Does anyone know if the position FutureNet is hiring for is for an oncology account or acute care?  I would like to apply but not sure I am qualified.  I'm looking for hem/onc job.  This is sort of confusing to me.  I have never seen a company ask for acute care experience if it is for oncology transcription.  Any information would be appreciated. ...

Is FutureNet Having Enough Work Now?
Mar 30, 2011

Is FutureNet having enough work now?  Are they hiring? ...