A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ProScript - good experiences with them - happyaboutworking

Posted: Mar 12, 2010

Gosh, I wonder how you all have time to write so many posts?  I have worked for ProScript since January 2009 and have had nothing but good experiences with them.  The pay plan is comparable to other companies. Perhaps those complaining have not worked anywhere new in the last year or two.  The transcription industry has changed, folks… Heck, the healthcare industry in general has changed.  I think a company who will allow an existing MT 6 months to a year to be transitioned to VR at transcription rates is pretty outstanding.  We had plenty of time to become proficient with the new technology.  I worked at another company a few years back, also transitioning to VR, and I was given exactly two pay periods to get up to speed before the pay rates dropped.  Get over yourselves!  That much time on transcription rates doing VR is something no one seems to want to talk about on these boards, which is really odd.   Don't have enough work?  How is that?  The team leads are always asking for extra hands, and they are courteous about it.  No one beats you up if you don't work.  You are asked politely.  I am extremely pleased with my decision to join this company.  I have been watching these posts for the past several months in utter disbelief, just shaking my head.  My biggest question to all of you who are haters is this - why on earth do you stay?  You are under no obligation to stay anywhere that makes you this unhappy.  Be sure the grass is greener on the other side of the fence first.   Betcha you'll be surprised. Now, I have to get back to work. 

and now that we've heard from management - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

ProScript - happyaboutworking

[ In Reply To ..]
what makes you say that?

Because anyone in the trenches and working as an MT there - - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
- can tell you how lousy the VR is, and how it has hindered, not helped, the MTs in their production, as well as how incessant and insulting the constant flow of "outstanding work updates" from the WWOTE and her winged monkeys can be. Not to mention the fact that people who disagree with management have a tendency to disappear. Why can't ProScript hang onto trainers? The last 3 they've hired have only lasted a few days to weeks each. Probably because they were unable to sell the MTs on how wonderful and efficient the new system is, which it ain't.

It wasn't exactly a positive thing for those of us who received the "you're fired, but we've rehired you at a lower line rate and without benefits" letter a few months back, either. I suppose you think we should be grateful for that turn of events?

No, it's a very different company now from the one we used to love.
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I'm not in management - thanks, but no thanks. I happen to like being communicated with the leads. I am not sure about what happened to anyone other than myself and can only speak for myself, and really shouldn't you do the same? As I mentioned before, if you're not happy, best to move on. I'd be the first out the door if I felt mistreated.
Believe me, I'm on my way a.s.a.p., as are others I know here. - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Glad to hear you're happy there. That's 3 happy folks I've talked to out of how many? May it continue that way for you. (But watch your back; they'll turn on you on a dime. Trust me on that.)
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not worried, but thanks for the advice.

Some of us have been with PS way longer than you...sm - Kiddin?

[ In Reply To ..]
and we know what good place it WAS to work when we were respected EMPLOYEES. You can call it what you want, but among their other sins, their software STINKS!

What I'd like to know is this: Why does there - have to be a S/M

[ In Reply To ..]
reduction in CPL with VR? Why can't EVERYONE working at the company do better in life? We are still using the same skills as transcriptionists. Besides the obvious answer, which is company greed, I wish someone could explain this. I actually enjoy transcribing, actual typing, but I accept that we must keep up with technology and VR to continue in this profession. WHY CAN'T I HAVE A CHANCE TO DO BETTER FINANCIALLY?

because............... - see inside

[ In Reply To ..]
the VR software vendors have to give the clients an incentive to buy the VR software from them.

So they promise the clients heaven on earth:

twice as fast TAT
half of cpl
etc...

Did not materialize.

So the bigwigs are still making the big - bucks then? SM

[ In Reply To ..]
The clients (hospitals, etc) pay less per line, and that is passed on to the MTs? Upper management still fat and happy.

Anyone who can make sense from the PS VR platform is a bold faced liar..sm - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is pure garbage. I just want to wipe it out and type it.

AMEN. nm - me2

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxxxx

Proscript - workin

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. I could transcribe the majority of these reports quicker than editing them. Some of them are absolutely horrible and need numerous corrections. I don't mind the editing, but at least make the pay comparable to the amount of editing we have to do. I will be out of this field of work in just a few years and cannot wait!

Yeah, it would be different if the editing were minimal, but it's not. (SM) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's more like every other word, at best, and management won't admit just what a horrible job VR does, so we end up getting shafted.
PS - Workin
[ In Reply To ..]
It is seriously frustrating as heck. I only wish I could get out of this field sooner. On a side note, everyone from PS has been absolutely wonderful to me. I just hate to have to search for another job since my production is darn near nil. It's such a shame. I absolutely loved transcription.

Similar Messages:

Proscript - Recent Experiences?
Oct 25, 2012

Looking for input on recent experiences with this company. Good line counts, platforms, QA, etc. Any info would be helpful. TIA ...

Proscript, Escription, Is This A Good Place?
Feb 06, 2010

xxxxx ...

Any News, Good Or Bad, About Working For Proscript
Jul 19, 2012

. ...

Experiences With DIT Transcription ?
May 28, 2010

Hi, I am new to this internet typing transcription at home too and am finding it daunting and complicated.  Can anyone tell me about their experiences with DIT transcription ?  I was supposed to start on June 14, 2010 with them but now I do not know if they do not pay and are not realiable to work for?  They were willing to hire me?  What kind of dictation is it? Is it foreign dictators, I too wanted to get a phrase expander but at 5 cents a line, have to type 2000 lines to make 50 bucks, is ...

Terrible Experiences....
Jul 27, 2010

I have had horrible experiences with 2 companies in the past few months that I thought were different and would turn out much better than most medical transcription companies out there. Well, the first one let me go because of lack of work.  They had outdated equipment and are actually holding my last check claiming that I did not mail the equipment, and I did.  The last check doesn't amount to much and probably isn't worth the time or trouble to try to get it as I am curren ...

What Are Your Experiences With FutureNet?
Feb 02, 2011

So, other than your paycheck being a few days late last week, what are your experiences with FutureNet?  Good, bad?  How is the pay?  They're advertising for a job and I'm thinking of applying.  Thanks for the help! ...

Any Experiences With StenTel??
Jun 14, 2011

Good, bad, indifferent??  :))) ...

Experiences With Transcriptiondrs
Oct 28, 2011

Any experiences one is willing to share.  Good, bad, ugly.  Is their pay too low for IC?  8/3??  thanks ...

Experiences With Amphion?
Oct 11, 2012

What can anyone tell me about their experiences with Amphion?  I have passed the test and have an interview set up for Monday.  Thanks in advance ...

DTS In Oklahoma Experiences?
Sep 03, 2014

Anybody have any experiences with this company they can share?  Pay, benefits, schedule, errors value, etc.? Thanks in advance! ...

Any Recent Oracle/OTI Experiences?
Mar 02, 2010

Does anyone have any recent experience with Oracle?  Hate to ask such a loaded ?, as there is always good/bad experiences.  Do they really just let you get on and work anytime you feel like it as an IC as long as you meet line requirements?  Sounds great schedule wise.  How is there system?  Is it all through the Internet or do you need a phone line for some sort of C-phone?  Do they provide the word expander or short hand program?  Work load...is there always ...

Info On Experiences With Synernet?
Feb 15, 2011

Hi! Can anyone give me infor on their experiences with Synernet?  I would appreciate any information I can get on this company.   Thanks,     ...

Andrews School Experiences
Aug 10, 2011

I am wondering if there are any current Andrews grads/students who would be willing to discuss their experiences in and out of the program. I have already spoken with Linda at length, and am now looking for an "in the trenches" perspective. Thanks! ...

Experiences Posting Resumes Here?
Feb 04, 2013

I'm job hunting.  I have 13 years of experience with acute care.  Has anyone had good results posting their resume here?  I don't really want to waste my time with companies that pay .05 cpl and hire anybody with fingers. ...

Anyone With Positive Experiences With Superior Global...
Jan 20, 2011

I've read the many, many negatives from dated posts. Anything new? Anything positive.   TIA ...

Diskriter Or TransTech - Opinions Or Experiences?
Jul 12, 2011

Have offers from both but have read pros and cons about each MTSO on these boards.  Has anyone worked for both and can compare the two, or does anyone have current experience at either?  I read the posts regarding the lack of work at TT and can't help but wonder if that's across the board or just a few accounts. Any advice, suggestions, experiences, etc., appreciated. ...

Anyone Care To Share RECENT Experiences With Transform? 
Jun 06, 2011

Anyone care to share RECENT experiences with Transform?  I'm not finding anything recent about them. TIA ...

Proscript Anyone??
Mar 01, 2012

Does anyone have any current information and/or experience with this company? Good, bad, ugly, IC/employee, line rate, environment, etc. Thanks!! ...

Go To ProScript?
Jan 27, 2013

I'm thinking of leaving a company for ProScript....any thoughts? ...

Proscript Anyone?
Jul 18, 2013

Thinking of applying at Proscript.  Can anyone tell me the pay, benefits, QA, etc?  Also, I am planning on working night shift, so do they run out of work often at night or is the work plentiful and is there a night shift diff?  TIA. ...

Old W2 From PROSCRIPT?
Apr 07, 2014

Does anyone have an old W2 from PROSCRIPT? Trying to locate their employer ID number for old taxes. ...

Proscript Pay
Aug 30, 2014

Does anyone know the current rate of pay for Proscript?  Thanks in advance. ...

Proscript Any Info?
Jan 04, 2010

Anyone know anything about Proscript?  Was this once a company called Interpro?  Need info as soon as you can and thanks!!!  ...

Still Happy At ProScript?
Feb 12, 2010

Is there anybody that is still happy at ProScript? ...

Proscript - Any Of You Out There That Work For PS?
Mar 11, 2010

I recently went to work with Proscript after 9 years of hell at Spheris and 1 year of the same thing with Medquist and I love it.  I have a great hospital, great supervisor and flexilbility.  I do work evenings though and that is my choice.  The system is pretty decent.  I can see a few things I would like to change, but for the most part, it's not bad.  Money, (are we getting paid for this?), seems about the same, but I am still learning the account, so I don't feel I am up to sp ...

Information About ProScript?
May 09, 2010

Anyone have any information about ProScript? ...

Anyone Work For Proscript And Do You Have A Second Job SM
May 14, 2010

If so, where, I run out of work continuously. I'm not bashing anyone, just dont think I should keep all my eggs in one basket and would like to see what others have done. Thanks. ...

Proscript - Warning!
Jul 13, 2010

This is for anyone thinking of going to work for Proscript (I understand that they are advertising):   This is NOT the Proscript that was a great, great company to work for some years ago.  That crew was the old ddi crew and they brought the ddi corporate culture with them:  Fair to clients, fair to employees, and they valued their employees equally with their clients.  They would attempt to work with an MT to see how to get any problems resolved.  &n ...

Does Anyone Work For Proscript?
Aug 05, 2010

Does anyone work for Proscript?  I read where they were hiring, but I also heard they have no work, once you start working for them.  Just wondering if I should waste my time with another disappointing company, that offers so much and delivers so little and we are hung out to dry. ...

Anyone Know Anything About ProScript? Just Curious
Sep 08, 2010

I haven't heard much about them. ...