A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any MT from Transcend now working as an IC? - MT4now

Posted: Nov 17, 2009

I was wondering if you could tell me what the criteria is the Transcend requires for IC status.  I have been hearing this now for days and was hoping an IC for them could enlighten those of us who wish to be an IC instead of an employee.  Thanks very much!  Laughing

IC Status at Transcend - Long Time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was an IC for MDI/Transcend and went to employee status last year when they told all ICs that if we wanted to stay ICs we had to have errors and omissions insurance and I think Workman's Compension insurance-way too much for me so we were kind of forced into employee status.

Wow, something else that may have been - MT4now

[ In Reply To ..]
dodged in today's conference call! Thanks for the info.

IC Status MDI/Transcend - MDIMT

[ In Reply To ..]
They did touch on this subject briefly at today's conference call, and the IC status was brought up.

I asked that very question of Sue back in September - MDI-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
and she said "no" that the insurance you mentioned was not required. Geesh! What are we all in for with this company? So many conflicting answers! :(

Been with Transcend almost a year. sm - tj

[ In Reply To ..]
I think with all their employees, some are lucky and others aren't. I guess it depends on your situation, what program your accounts move to, etc. I was not so lucky. I could not make FT status, so am PT. I find BeyondTXT and VR ridiculously slow and cumbersome, too many corrections and moving dictation to the correct headings. I am looking for a job locally now where I can make more than 250 a week. I am wondering if you are IC and make the 450 a pay period will they then say you are PT?

JJ told me that the company pays for errors and omission insurance, and that we are not required to - Murkier Still

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxxxx
Told that too - MDIMT
[ In Reply To ..]
This is very confusing for me too, and the subject of insurance never came up, it was never in writing when I was hired last year, and now all of this has come into the picture, which makes me wonder if they are just now crossing their T's and dotting their i's because they know this is a legal issue.

MDI-MT What you are in for - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
If you liked MQ, you will love MDI/Transcend. Another squid in the making, I'm guessing.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Working For Transcend
Sep 28, 2011

Applied about a month ago and didn't go with them, but now I am thinking of maybe taking their offer.  Don't really want to be an employee of the Q after reading all the negative vibes on here.  Any good news about Transcend?  How's the pay per line for Tier 3, etc. ...

Transcend - Working Over 40 Hours
Aug 16, 2011

Do any of you have to work over 40 hours to meet your requirements?  If so, do you have to have permission, wait until extra help is needed?  or just judge for yourself when there is red/yellow on the jobs to go in and pick up some lines?  TIA. ...

Working 2 Companies ?Wmx And Transcend??
Oct 05, 2011

Anyone working or have worked for both and can give input as to how your earnings vary from one to the other.  I know accounts, etc. make a difference.  I see both companies are hiring and offering about the same wages.  WMX recently bought by Nuance so I am sure things will be changing.   Wondering if work is more stable with one or the other.  Any info helpful in deciding which company to apply to.  TIA for any comparisons between these 2 companies. ...

Recent Information On Working For Transcend Services?
Dec 10, 2010

Does anyone have recent information on working for Transcend Services?  Thanks. ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

Is There Anyone Nice Working For Transcend In Management Or The Administrative Area?
Mar 25, 2010

You can call every number in the directory and never get anyone who answers a phone.  E-mails are not answered or are answered by a short curt, almost very nasty reply.   Is Transcend ashamed of what they are doing to their employees? They should be if they aren't.  Management has definitely turned the page and have become as rude as possible toward everyone.  No wonder all my teammates have taken second jobs and are just waiting to learn the accounts for ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Working For The VA
Apr 24, 2010

Just wondering how the MT's that work for the VA like it. When you're directed to their web site, it really doesn't say too much.  Thanks ...

Working Either Way
May 10, 2010

I would like to work "outside" of home but it is quite a struggle getting the okay from my husband.  The transcription is pretty unbearable to me. Anyone else have that concern? ...

DQS Not Working?
Aug 06, 2010

DQS down for anyone else?  I try to log in and it says "failed to connect." ...

US MT Working Outside Of The US
Nov 12, 2010

I have an odd question.  If a US trained Medical Transcriptionist works from home (in the U.S.), but then decides to spend 1/2 the year (or more) in a foreign country, is it possible (ethical/legal) to continue working as an MT while in that country?  The MT would keep the US address, and bank account.  All paychecks would continue to be direct deposited into current U.S. bank account.  MT would continue to pay U.S. taxes on all monies earned.  Does anyone see anyt ...

Working With Pet
Feb 02, 2011

I have a new pet - a dog - who wants to sit next to me while I work. Does anyone have any ideas how to "update" my chair so this is possible. She's not very big, only about 15-16 lbs but I have no idea how to adapt my chair to make this possible. TIA. ...

Anyone Working For TSI?
Mar 18, 2011

I went to their website for the current job posting but my security software kicked me out of their site. Can anyone give me info on working there, good, bad, ugly???   Thanks in Advance! ...

DQS Is Working Again
May 28, 2011

Hope my work is still available to recover. ...

Working More Than 1 Job
Oct 17, 2011

I know I am not the only one working 2 jobs or more.  Between them I am scheduled 68 hours per week.  I have them spread out enough I have "long breaks" in between to fix supper, take a little me time out around the lunch hour and housework kind of gets slighted.   Watching TV of a night with hubby sleeping in his recliner is the main thing I am "missing out on".   I don't spend as much money because I simply don't have the time to go out shopping other th ...

Well I Used To Like Working For DSG...
Feb 06, 2012

And to think, I actually left medquist to work for DSG.   Now they're forcing me to work for medquist again, and trying to convince me it's going to be a good thing?   I love to know if any DSGers are actually happy about this...   ...

Working PT/PRN
Jul 05, 2012

Does anyone know of any companies that hire on a super PT or PRN basis? I am looking for some backup whenever my FT position gets slow. I comb the job postings here regularly and on another site, but really haven't come across anything as of late.   TIA. ...

Could Anyone Who Is Currently Working For
Aug 24, 2012

CCT please message me?  I have a few questions:)  Thanks! ...

Looking For Others Working For AP
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone still with AP?  ...

DQ Not Working
Oct 21, 2012

Is there maintenance tonight on DQ 7?  It doesn't seem to be working.    ...

For Those Of You Working More Than One Job...
Nov 15, 2012

how do you keep track of all the different account specs for each job? I was wondering because I am employed with one job but the different clinics I work for each have different specs. Thank you. ...

Sometime I Think I'm Working At A Different
May 01, 2013

Than everyone else on here!  I'm very happy here. I have no problem with meeting quotas, have no issues with PTO, like the matching (up to 4%) 401K, and for the past 3 weeks have had OT everyday & have worked around 55-60 hours every week with a corresponding very hefty paycheck.  ...

Help Alt F3 Not Working
May 10, 2013

how can i fix this quickly, not sure why it quit working.  tia ...

Any MT's Working For K&R
Aug 14, 2013

I was informed that I have lost my job due to some VA contracts being lost.  I was just wondering if anyone else was told the same thing.   I enjoyed working for them even though it was VBC. The company that is taking the lost accounts over now I find out they are or were for sale.  I have been on a Merry-Go-Round for 5 years since my hospital outsourced.  Any info would help me in making a decision.   ...

Anyone Currently Working For TTS
Sep 07, 2014

Could anyone currently working for TTS (or has in the last 1-2 years), that is willing to answer some questions for me, please RESPOND BY EMAIL to me if you would allow me to ask you some questions as I am considering job offer. It would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. ...

Anybody Else Working?
Nov 27, 2014

I work on a Canadian account. I was wondering if anyone else is working.   ...

Is Nobody Working?
Jan 30, 2015

I feel like I'm the only one working not just in my group now.  My whole "POD" is overloaded with work.  Where the h e l l is everybody???? There are innocent people depending on us regardless how we feel about our managers and company.  Come on people!  ...

Has Anyone Been PM'd For Not Working MOT?
Apr 29, 2015

Just wondering.  I am so tired I can hardly stand any more. ...

Really?? Is Nobody Else Working Now?
May 16, 2015

I already did 1 operative report by this neurologist who not only has a speech impediment but also is a horrible dictator. Another report by him comes up just as I am leaving for my dinner break. I come back 30 minutes later, and that same report shows up. Really???? ...

Working Above And Beyond
Jun 06, 2015

For X number of months now we have had MOT.  For same number of months now I have watched my husband, my kids, my family, my friends and others enjoy the sun, enjoy their days off, relax and live life while I sit here day after day after day working.  I work when I get up in the morning and am still working when it gets dark because of MOT (for which I participate unfortunately because I am ALWAYS called or emailed personally requesting my assistance) and inactive time/production hours ...