A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Too bad that Aussie job posting was removed. - the pay was old-school sweet

Posted: Nov 07, 2014

Oh well, back to the grindstone, for peanuts.

Were they ligit? Couldn't find them in internet search. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Was their name - United Transcription?

[ In Reply To ..]
If so, I have their email addy if that would help. I hesitate to use MT Stars email, thoug, to get it to you because of the possibility of suits or somebody getting hold of it.

Found the link - to the Aussie company

[ In Reply To ..]
Here ya go ... http://www.ntstranscriptions.com.au/index.html

Reply to your post - RE: United email addy - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I am currently employed with United and the steps to follow in the process for potential employment are to apply via their website. There, you have to take a short test. IF, you pass that short test, and IF there are openings, you will then be invited to take the transcription portion of the test.

They do not over hire and not sure if they are even accepting resumes/applications right now.
They accepted my resume and application - a couple of days ago
[ In Reply To ..]
and now the waiting begins, but I interviewed, was offered a job and accepted it from another company today. Now I can get out from under the dreaded N.

I wonder how real it was though. There were a - lot of grammar errors and mispellings

[ In Reply To ..]
on their website and in their transcription description on the website that explained their process.

misspellings like what? Maybe that's the British way of spelling? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
colour, programme, etc.

No, not like that. Transposed letters, etc. - Too good to be true

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I saw only British spellings like "centre." - .10 USD is about .86 Australian

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't see any misspellings or transposed letters. I think you were seeing international variations in grammar and spelling.

If that concerned you, working for them might not be in your best interest, because I think you will need to transcribe to Australian standards, not American.

You might want to be clear about currency conversions. Unless I got the conversion backwards, one Australian dollar is worth only .86 in US dollars.

It was the Word document that opened from the - website describing the

[ In Reply To ..]
requirements, not just the website in general.
Went back to the site and found no misspellings or... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
grammatical errors only British spellings.
The Aussie position - Was offered
[ In Reply To ..]
Here is a partial reply that I received from them:

"...Thank you for your application and communication on this subject. Based on this I am happy to say that your application has been successful and I would like to offer you a trial placement with us at NTS. This will allow us both a period of time to assess the situation and decide if it is a mutually agreeable placement and one that we would both like to continue with. You will of course be paid our training rate during this period of time. Please note, that we are an Australian company and all typists are paid in Australian dollars, so please allow for a fluctuating currency rate when taking into consideration this offer.

I would strongly recommend that you read the document WORKING WITH NTS TRANSCRIPTIONS[1] if you have not done so already prior to making any decisions about this offer. As an Australian company, please also remember that we use British English, not American English in our work. I have attached for you our confidentiality agreement which is a standard document in the medical industry. Please take your time looking over it and do not hesitate to ask any questions if you are unsure of something...

...Should you wish to accept our offer of a trial placement with a view to a position with NTS...

...once a position becomes vacant within our training team you will be notified. This may be anywhere from couple of days to a month or more, depending on how quickly the previous trainees get through training..."

I'm turning the offer down. Too many hoops to jump through at my age.
They also require you to set up your business - license, which is not a huge deal but
[ In Reply To ..]
don't take you just under your soc sec #. Trial placement, just sounds too iffy and as you said, too many hoops to go through and if a nonpayment situation arises, I think it's a no-win situation.
Where did it state that.? - I did not see that (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Not true, business license not required for US MTs. - lovemyOzjob
[ In Reply To ..]
X

Pay - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay may sound good but it is also Australian, has to be converted which is 8.5 in that general range.

Yes, the per-line rate is in AUD so it varies based on the... - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
current exchange rate. It's still decent pay though and mostly letters with very few op notes. They also give you regular accounts and a bump in line rate if your work can go direct to client so while 8.5 cpl American $ would be an accurate average, it can be more based on lines per hour achieved. Right now the AUD-to-USD rate isn't very good but at one point it was over $1 in our favor and the excess covered the bank fees for conversion and 10-11 cpl was actual rate. Now the ER is only around 85 cents so you lose a little $. Wish the rate would improve to over $1 again! It varies day to day so that's definitely something to consider if it's to be your primary job.

Similar Messages:

Aussie Job...
Nov 10, 2014

I managed to fill in their (no-test) app before the ad vanished off the board and have been offered a trial position with them.  Wow.  Now I don't know whether to throw a shrimp on the barbie or be suspicious.  Anyone else hear back from them and if so, what are you doing?   The email I received back from appeared at least as professional as anything from US companies.     ...

What's Up With All Removed Messages Here?
Oct 12, 2014

Xx ...

After The Gallbladder Was Removed, We Then Further Irrigated
Apr 27, 2010

and placed the patient with right side down and head down in order to suction out the s/l "affluent" or" eflluent". ...

S/l Removed Leptree Synovium
Nov 14, 2010

We debrided the meniscal lesion and removed upper tree synovium and loose bodies.   dr. says it soooo fast. ...

What Happened To The WMX Posts From Yesterday? Why Were They Removed?
Mar 19, 2010

nm ...

PSH - Bilateral S/l Xanthums Removed From The Eyes.
Aug 10, 2010

x ...

Pt Is Status-post CMC Arthroplasty. Patient Had Her Cast Removed And Was Going To Be Placed In A Sp
Jan 19, 2010

x ...

Past Surgical History S/l *terwigin* Removed From Left Eye?? Thanks. Nm
Jul 02, 2011

nm ...

My Message Was Harmless Yet Removed! Why Does The Moderator Leave All Kinds Of Bashing Messages But
Oct 25, 2011

seems out of sort, sorry! Just don't get it! ...

We Then Removed The "nibbons" Off The Plastic EndoButton Sheath?
Sep 06, 2013

.. ...

Can Sutures Be Removed "sharply"?
Dec 03, 2009

I believe the doctor is saying   The lateral incision s/l sutures were removed sharply. The patient had  below knee amputations. TIA. ...

Prn Hem/onc Job Posting
May 08, 2010

Did anyone apply and then hear about the prn job with Audrey's Transcription Service?  Thanks.  ...

Job Posting
May 25, 2010

How can they ask you to work stated hours if you are an IC?  I see this all the time.  They want an employee, full time, but an IC.  Don't understand all that. ...

Just Saw A Posting For GT For $70 An A/h - Now That
Jul 10, 2012

these jobs are out there and this is along the norm.  Don't - DO NOT - buy into the $30 or $45 an a/h baloney.  They are ripping you off.  Yes, I'm back on my soap box LOL. ...

Why Is TT Out Of H. Always Posting Sm
Dec 21, 2013

the same job ad(s) OVER and OVER again? ...

REV.COM Job Posting....
Mar 19, 2014

According to the job posting this company is based in San Francisco.  The stated pay rate averages $241.00 per month.  If I were this company, I would embarrassed to advertise the pathetic pay they give their MTs in one of the most expensive cities in the country.  If it weren't so tragic that there are desperate people out there looking for a job, it would be laughable.  ...

Funny Job Posting...
Feb 19, 2010

This on the job board today: "XXXX is looking for an experienced QA person to start immmediatly. We are also looking for MT's that have expereince in cardiology (esl), er and discharge summary experience." Yes, I think that QA person does need to start "immediatly". ...

Test Posting
Apr 05, 2010

I wrote a long post and it would not go through, despite the fact that I posted one earlier today.  This is just a test. ...

Job Board Posting . . .
May 16, 2010

On-call radiology work for weekends only . . . at 6 cpl!!!!!  Wow.  I hope no one is willing to take something like this. ...

Radiology IC Job Posting
Oct 27, 2010

I noticed that posting and sent an email.  Pretty sure they posted something similar before because my email had saved their address in it.  Never heard back though.  Does anyone remember this besides me?  Did anyone get hired?  Or a call?  Or an interview?  $2.50 a report, for anyone who has never been paid per report, is excellent!  ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

Re Psychiatric MT Job Posting
Feb 23, 2011

Can somebody explain to me how to access this site to take their test?Ftps://ftp.psychtrans.net. ...

TT And The Posting Of An IC Getting Work From TT.
Jun 06, 2011

Concerned about the posting from the Midwestern MT who said she had work to be done from TransTech and here we all are sitting and checking and no work.  Wondering now about this new SWAT team thing.  From what I was told that the 'beast of the business' is they worry about TAT because they have to take a cut in their portion of the line count wages, so they'd rather meet the TAT?  And yes, we are all cross trained pretty much anyway, but they want lightening speed. ...

TT Posting For Radiology
Sep 08, 2011

What is up with this?  They have plenty of inside people to ASK if they want this work?? I don't get it.  How about the old saying from companies that they "hire within first" because they treat the employees with respect since they have been there and are 'loyal.'  So, many scraping for work and being exhausted by the demands of having to produce for pennies.  Where is this job going?  Where is the labor board?  We only have this board.  ...

Posting Resumes
Nov 11, 2011

Has anyone ever received any response to your resume posted online.  Not sure if I should do this or no so just wondering.  Thanks ...

Wow, Became Really Excited With The Posting Of A New Job (sm)
Dec 17, 2011

Became even more excited when I read that it was owned by a former transcriptionist and then it hit, pay will start at 7-8 CPL, depending upon experience and oh, hey, all of our transcriptionists are ICs.  What the heck????  Oh well, hopefully one of the 50 companies that I have applied with this week will contact me.  Still beating that worn out path .... Good luck to anyone else that is looking! ...

Posting Swapboard
Apr 27, 2012

I am new to MModal. I need to post 5 hours on one of my Sundays to work to see if anyone will cover those. My CCM said I needed to post on swapboard. I can get to swapboard but I don't see anything on there to click for posting. I have went through my paperwork and can't find anything other than what swapboard is for, not posting on it. Thanks in advance for your help! ...

A Job Posting By Nuance
Aug 19, 2012

A BETTER CAREER IS WAITING FOR YOU! Nuance is seeking quality-minded Medical Transcriptionists and Quality Editors with a passion for excellence who seek to join a winning team.  Nuance Transcription Services, the fastest-growing provider of services to Health Information Management organizations, strives to be the best employer in the industry by offering highly competitive pay and benefits.  Our rapid expansion offers unique and unrivalled career growth opportunities to our team memb ...

I Was Excited About The Job Posting That Just
Aug 20, 2012

showed up until I saw it paid NO SPACES!!  I have MS Word 2000 and FTP.  I will not apply because of no spaces though.  Dislike! ...

Just Noticed A New Job Posting....
Sep 06, 2012

on another board under the name of Focus Infomatics.  It is advertising for acute care and new grads... out of curiousity, I clicked on the ad and was shocked to find that it was Nuance advertising.  Perhaps they are having a bit of trouble finding qualified transcriptionists who will apply to their company and are now resorting to using an old name that was gobbled up or became a part of Nuance a long time ago.  Kind of "shady" advertising, if you ask me.  Hopefully the new ...