A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just noticed a new job posting.... - anon

Posted: Sep 06, 2012

on another board under the name of Focus Infomatics.  It is advertising for acute care and new grads... out of curiousity, I clicked on the ad and was shocked to find that it was Nuance advertising.  Perhaps they are having a bit of trouble finding qualified transcriptionists who will apply to their company and are now resorting to using an old name that was gobbled up or became a part of Nuance a long time ago.  Kind of "shady" advertising, if you ask me.  Hopefully the new grads will not fall for it. 

Just a heads up to anyone else who sees this ad. 

New Job Posting - Applied to Nuance

[ In Reply To ..]
I recently applied to Nuance and tested and didn't pass. I was very upset by this, but figured, move on. I hate those MTTests and actually refuse most of the time to take them. I rec'd an e-mail a few weeks later, more-ore-less asking me to reapply. I sent back a rather heated e-mail and then rec'd another stating how they have over 5000 MTs across the country and you can't please everyone, blah, blah, blah. I e-mailed back AGAIN (last time) and told the recruiter she should check MTStars and see what MTS are saying about their company. I told her that I equated Nuance to M*Modal (MQ) and would never consider working for a company like that again. I got the feeling that they are hurting a bit as well. Good! Maybe these companies will realized you can only treat people badly for so long and then they have had it.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Noticed
May 10, 2010

that, on companies sites, they do not always put the LOCATION of the company and you have to search for it? I think that is odd. You would think that would be the first thing that they do. I find it strange. ...

Has Anyone Else Noticed...
Dec 07, 2010

...all the jobs listed on the Job Seeker's Board?  and then noticed ...all the MT resumes listed on the Job Wanted Board ???   What's up with this?  Why don't the MTSOs advertising for help just go directly to the Job Wanted Board since there are probably hundreds/thousands of us looking for work!  Why go to the trouble of advertising when those of us on the Job Wanted Board already have our skills and experience outlined for them and we state ...

I Never Noticed It Before But
Jan 18, 2011

I was just looking back through all my pay stubs from 2010 and MQ took out less than $5.00 in federal taxes. The same dollar amount is listed in the "year-to-date" column on EVERY SINGLE STUB.  There is never an amount in the current week column and the number never changes in the year to date column. WHAT?!?!? Is this an error or did they really not take out my taxes like they were supposed to?  They took out everything else: State, social security, etc.  Am I going to get a h ...

Has Anyone Else Noticed
Aug 22, 2013

On the sign-in page to Fiesa, in the green strip at the bottom is copyright Nuance Transcription Services India Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.  hmmmmmm ...

Have You Noticed
Mar 06, 2014

has anyone else noticed that since the announcement of Imdex "merger" with TT that on the job seeker's board, there are now new notices of companies hiring such as Babbletype and Keystrokes that have not had hiring notices on that board? Just think that's a little unusual. ...

Hae You Noticed?
Sep 10, 2014

That QA/Fiesa only seems to find little errors?  I often wonder if the only errors that I make are a left/right discrepancy, date/age discrepancy, a, the, etc.  I have no idea who does my QA, but I'm wondering why they never find a big mistake, like a sound-alike drug or sound-alike instrument or disease.  I'm wondering if others have big mistakes found or are those who do our QA only able to find those kinds of errors - the kind we would find too if we went back and rel ...

Has Anyone Else Noticed This?
Oct 14, 2014

That VR seems to be getting worse in that it is constantly putting in a wrong number which is different from what is CLEARLY dictated.  This seems to happen more and more with dates and especially years.  Seems like they are trying to trip us up! ...

Has Anyone Else Noticed That Most Of The MT
Oct 24, 2014

job postings now are for IC's? Way to get around Obamacare. Best look up how the IRS defines IC now because a lot of these places are thinking they can tell you when you have to work and still claim you as IC with no benefits and low wages. What a deal! I feel like applying to a few just to set them straight. This career really sucks anymore. ...

About The 500+ LPH, Here Is What I Noticed In My POD-sm
Jan 21, 2015

Of the 80 people listed, only 10 had a 300+ line count.  Of those 10, 4 had a high (highlighted in red) QA submission score.  The highest line count was 415 with a 24% QA submission score. The average seemed to be between the minimum of 150 and about 250ish.   Remember when ASR started and we were told eventually we could do TWICE as much as straight typing and thus the reason for the cpl pay cut!  So we all should be at 300+ by now dont you think??!! ...

Have You Noticed...
Jun 04, 2015

the new MModal ad for PT transcriptionist?  The text of the job description is so long it won't entirely fit an iPad screen.   Really? dhere to these innumerable job responsibilities, and you too can make minimum wage.  Boy, I am chomping at the bit for that job. Sorry, folks.  I have crossed over from sarcasm to cynicism with this company.  The plan is to be gone within a month. ...

Anybody Noticed That Serious Conversations Are
Mar 24, 2010

All that is left on here is small talk ... minor complaints...amusing observations .. nothing of any consequence though.  Monitor's doing ? New policy ? ...

They Finally Noticed
Apr 29, 2010

My CCM finally called and left a message saying I hadn't been logging on and she would have to process termination if I didn't get in touch with her. "A phone call would be nice," I think is how she worded it. I didn't call her back.  I just sent her an email and told her to go right ahead and process termination, that I didn't call because I didn't feel that the Q deserved the courtesy of a call when they treat their MTs like trash. So I am officially free.  ...

Has Anyone Noticed More Typing?
Jun 24, 2011

Not complaining,mind you, but what's going on.  I'm up to 10% transcription for this pay period.  Did they decide to cut back on the SR, were their complaints by doctors saying they liked it better when we typed?  LOL  just wondering if anyone has noticed it and/or knows why. ...

I Noticed If You Uncheck The Box That Says
Sep 11, 2010

"check document as you type," there is no delay while typing and there is no delay when moving the audio slider. ASR seems to run smoother also, like before 6.1.  I did kind of like the "check document as you type," but not worth how it slows everything down..I think too much for the program to handle. Now the only thing worth the upgrade to me, as well as the only new feature I use other than doctor lookup (which I am getting used to), is the auto numbering feature.  I just love ...

Just Something I Noticed About Name Search--sm
Oct 12, 2010

If it is taking a long time to do a name search, doctor or patient, I just stop and and do it again and it goes right to it.  This is the same for "accepting" patient visit. ...

Something Interesting I Noticed.....
Jun 15, 2011

I work in-house at a clinic.  When I'm reading over reports from the transcription service, I noticed there are no periods after "Mr.," "Dr.," and so forth.  The transcriptionists type them as Dr, Mr, Mrs, etc.  Is this yet another way to cheat the MTs out of keystrokes?  If so, that's pretty pathetic. ...

A VR Pattern I've Noticed: (s/m)
Jul 15, 2011

While wondering why VR doesn't seem to be getting any better, I've started noticing a pattern while I work that might have at least something to do with it: I have several accounts, and switch around all day.  Usually there are a lot of corrections per line with my company's VR system.  I wonder why it makes the same dumb mistakes over and over again. However, I've begun to notice that if I've been sent a lot of VR-editing work by the same doctor, a ...

This Is What I Have Noticed The Last Few Days
Aug 31, 2011

I usually start my shift at noon but have been noticing the work is coming in later in the day the last few days.  I am wondering if there have been issues with transferring the audio files due to all the power outages in the Eastern U.S.  I agree the amount of work has been less too.  I think things will pick up but it may take some time.  I really feel for all the people out East who lost so much of their homes and livelihood.  Water does create a hell of a lot of dama ...

What I Have Noticed Is More Audits During..
Jun 01, 2012

the months when there are 3 paydates.  This is the 3rd time its happened to me  since they changed their paydates now that they use the spheres (sorry if spelled wrong) system payroll in tennessee instead of the every 15 day pay.   ...

Has Anbody Noticed
Nov 18, 2012

...that the VR doesn't understand a.m. anymore after a time is given, so it types am, so we change that to a.m., and now the system is "learning" that am gets changed to a.m.  HOWEVER, it's changing all am's.  In other words, I a.m. going to follow patient's labs...  There are more regular am's in a report, so now it's a bigger mess than if we just had to change the am to a.m. when they were dictating a time.   ...

I Have Noticed A Trend Of Being OOW In The
Nov 23, 2012

around 9:00 p.m. Central Time.  Any other MTs running out of work consistently around this time?  I am wondering if the work starts getting routed to India around this time, because India is about 10 hours ahead of the US, so it would be morning time for India.  The work just stops downloading and not even one job trickles in. ...

I Think My Account Is Going On EMR But Not Sure. What Have You Noticed
Nov 05, 2013

as your account moves to EMR.  Did you notice less doctors dictating or specialties disappearing or how does it work.  There is still dictation there but it seems to be getting less and less. ...

I've Noticed Some Of You Guys Saying That
Feb 04, 2015

backup account or an unfamiliar account when you run out of work on your primary.  Are we allowed to do this?  I would rather stick my primary and flex my time to a later time or even not at all if possible.  I don't want to risk getting below 99% (which I still sometimes do even on my familiar primary account, but I know it would happen on my backup account, which is unfamilar to me, rarely work in it).   But I thought if we ran out of work we had to immediate ...

Have You Noticed That Nuance Is A Lot Like
Apr 24, 2015

All you Stargate Atlantis fans, have you noticed how much Nuance is like the Wraith?  I mean, like the Wraith, Nuance is a huge organization that sends out "ships" that prey upon hospitals.  Like the Wraith, they invade the hospital, vacuum up all the MTs, and then proceed to feed on them, sucking out their very life blood right from their hearts.  I tell you, the similarity is uncanny!  ...

Ok-has Anyone Else Noticed Their Line Count
Apr 25, 2010

I was checking my line count, went back and checked it later, and it was down!  Not the first time I have seen this.  Seriously, I am feeling like we are being set up to fail in a MAJOR way!  Issues with the line count, QA getting tougher, it is all adding up to on big set up-at least, that is the way it has been feeling to me lately.  It is hard to stay focused when you feel like your work may disappear at any moment, or get in trouble with QA because of horrendous dictation ...

Something Noticed On The Job Wanted Board,
May 04, 2010

your job-hunting results.  There are a lot of people with 10-20+ years' experience seeking work.  I'm in the same boat.  My experience so far has been that NOBODY is interested in hiring older, highly-experienced MTs.  Any of you starting to feel that vibe? So I'd be interested to know what sort of results you get from the Jobs Wanted board.  When you truthfully state your many years of experience, are you getting any offers?  Are they willing to com ...

Has Anyone Noticed A Lot Of Misspelled Words Are Going Through? Sm
Jun 07, 2011

I have been noticing the spellchecker lately missing a LOT of misspelled words, I just proofed one of my reports and I had a typo in the word January and spelled it as "Janaury" AND THE SPELLCHECK ACCEPTED IT!!! I've noticed it lets lots of misspelled medications go through, too, because I have tried it. My theory is this is just another trap they can use so we don't get the 99% required QA score. I think also they have deliberately thrown a lot of stuff at us to slow us down, t ...

Full Circle? Has Anyone Noticed
Oct 21, 2011

That some of the job postings are asking for 7 and 8 years experience? That seems to be a first now. Its about time they realize that 1 year experience is not enough. Anyway, with the doctors hating EMR/CPOE and India a woeful failure, maybe it will come back.  I may not be around to pick up the pieces but perhaps some of you will. ...

Call Me Late, But Just Noticed That
Oct 10, 2012

now means "No Jobs Allocated" rather than "No Jobs Available."  They got 'em; we just can't have 'em.  Spending my time on monster.com job hunting. ...

Question About DQS. I Am On Version 6.1 DQS And I Noticed
Nov 07, 2012

that when I did a split the master came through with no report on it and the splits were okay.  No clue what happened.  It split fine but no report on the master.  Anyone else have any idea what caused this and how I can work around this.  I have a ticket in but havent heard back yet.  I guess I can wait and see if it went through and then redo it on a split but what a pain that is. ...