A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SoftScript Information please?? - HoppySKS

Posted: Sep 24, 2010

Hello!  I am thinking of applying at SoftScript, I'm a QA.  I was wondering what people currently thought of this company.  I've learned if the MTs aren't happy, something's wrong!  I certainly respect MTs and the opinions you can offer because you know what's going on more than anyone else!  I'm particularly interested in the type of insurance, as that's the main point for me.  Also, any info on schedules they do would be great, too.  Thanks for your input!

All here have heard my story about SS but I will tell it again. - Months after I left SS, I recieved a note SM

[ In Reply To ..]
and a check for $300 from labor board. This was the money SS screwed me out of. Who knew???

There must have been 20 posts about them the past - me

[ In Reply To ..]
week or two if you'll look down the board. Lots in the archives too. If you read the job boards you'll notice they have usually at least 2 ads a week. This isn't because they have an abundance of work.

I worked as QA too. I don't know how the MTs were able to do anything with the horrendous dictation, because no way could I get half of what they did. The account sounded like it was in Asia. The MTs also could not follow format - like they would type "same" for postoperative diagnoses instead of copying and pasting preop diagnoses - again and again and again. I told CEO he had a bunch of warm bodies and not one of the ones I did QA on was worth keeping.

I always here how they pride themselves on their quality, but I've seen it up close and personal and there was no quality.

I could/would not recommend them to anyway. I've been in this business a lot of years, have worked for about 5 companies full-time and worked part-time for about 4 more and SS was absolutely the worst.

I understand.... - HoppySKS

[ In Reply To ..]
I know I must seem dumb posting on something that has been much talked about before, but I did look through all the posts and couldn't find any information on the insurance. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the advice.

If insurance is ok, are you saying you would still work for them - even with all the bad posts??? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I would consider it - HoppySKS
[ In Reply To ..]
As each person's experience is unique and I believe that if I went into something with a preconceived bad attitude then it probably would be bad. I work for a company now that is bashed to death on this board, but I do my job and I do it well and I don't have any problems. I'm just looking for hourly pay instead of line count pay.
This company cheated me and who knows how many other ICs - out of hard earned pay. You SM
[ In Reply To ..]
would work for a company like that? Oh sure, I am sure they would say they learned their lesson and dont do that anymore but face it, once a crook, always a crook. You would give your skills away basically, knowing you are probably not paid correctly for the work you do. WOrking for them after knowing this, you are condoning their fuzzy math. Go for it, GF, sounds like you deserve them.
Ok then - HoppySKS
[ In Reply To ..]
Clearly, you are one that thrives on confrontation. I don't play like that, so I'm bowing out. Have a nice day.
You are right. You play as a door mat, giving your skills to a MTSO who - you know likely will cheat you, SM
[ In Reply To ..]
but that doesnt matter. Maybe it is time to be confrontational and say we arent gonna take being used. THere are other MTSO who dont cheat you, or at least arent so obvious about it that they get caught at it. But I guess these cheating, unscrupulous MTSOs need someone to work for them. Might as well be you.
You must think your skills are not worth getting paid what you - deserve. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Softscript insurance not all that good - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I also posted this before, but you must have missed that post in your search.

Softscript only contributed $250 towards the cost of your monthly medical insurance premium and you were responsible for paying for all the costs above and beyond that initial $250 each month.

And the other poster is right. They are always advertising and it's not because they need to staff for new accounts. It's because they have a revolving door and their MTs seem to leave pretty quickly. Their sound quality is horrendous. And although the actual typing of the report itself is done in Word, their platform is clunky and ADT lookup for each patient is s-l-o-w. Applying the demographics to each report is also s-l-o-w. Bringing up the physician list in order to send cc's is also s-l-o-w. Softscript only requires 135 lines per hour, but that's because it's very difficult to get much above that.

SoftScript is awful, stay away!!! nm - Been there

[ In Reply To ..]
sad but true

Softscript - Old Timer MT

[ In Reply To ..]
No company is perfect, but the earmark of a good company is one that listens to its employees and acts on those recommendations. I have found Softscript to be such a company. I like the culture and philosophy of this company. Management has never asked me to do anything that it would not do itself and frequently does. Plus they are not top heavy with suits. They pay me a fair wage for my services, and on time.

As for the "revolving door", it revolves in both directions. Many MTs want to make top dollar working whenever they want, on the best accounts with the best dictators, and not being called on quality or excessive absenteeism. We have seen them on this board...MTs who want all the benefits of being an at-home employee but act like independent contractors. When a company puts the brakes on this behavior, they are bashed.

Remember there are always 2 sides to every story. I am not management but I am sick to death of MTs who act as if their word is the final word and that they are blameless. I want my company to succeed. Their success means I have a job.

Old Timer MT - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Although I do not work for SS, I do support your message. There are some people in this "entitlement generation" who are slackers. They fit your description completely. You have nailed it right down good and I thank you! I work for a medium-sized MTSO and sometimes the slackers cause problems by not doing their share. But they can certainly disappear whenever then want to, never mind that they are contract employees and not ICs. I am always thankful that I am just an MT and not an MTSO.

And, do not forget this... - Exasperated

[ In Reply To ..]
Those "slackers" who fail to work each and every shift during a pay period ALWAYS turn up en masse right before the pay period ends to feast on the scheduled employees' work to make their line count.

Yeah, the company I work for (not SS) has an abundance of these types of "slackers," and if it were within my power, I'd fire each and every one of them. How pathetic when a company has to send out emails "reminding" grown adult (and allegedly experienced) employees they are supposed to be on their shift and working.

This behavior would never be tolerated in an in-house environment, and I'm stymied as to why some MTs expect it to be acceptable just because they are working from home. A shift is a shift is a shift...

*End Rant*

I'm happy to see you post something positive about SoftScript. sm - LTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I accepted a position with them despite all of the negative posts, deciding I should see for myself as each person's experience is unique.

I have always been curious about their training in NJ - Can you please post and share what that is like?

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you!
They are in CA and do not train in NJ. You've got - me
[ In Reply To ..]
them confused with another company.

I think that's the way to go! - HoppySKS

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, I think that's the best to do, because each person's experience is indeed unique, a lot of it depending on attitude. Can you shed some light on the insurance? Thanks so much!
They contribute $250 towards the premium, leaving your end sm - LTMT
[ In Reply To ..]
anywhere from $100 to $1000, depending upon what coverage you choose (single vs family) and what type of deductible you choose. Insurance is with Blue Cross.

Hope this helps.
Very Helpful, thanks! - HoppySKS
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the info, I appreciate that! Is it BCBS California?

Very well said - HoppySKS

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your info. Do you have any opinions about the insurance? What insurance do they use? I'm sorry I'm pushing about this information, but I have a son that requires therapy and the particular company is extremely important. Again, thank you!

They cheated ICs out of money!! I have letter from Labor Board to prove - it. How do you know they pay fair? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

In what way were you cheated? You certainly have gone on about it. nm - just curious

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I have posted this many times. I recieved a letter and a check - for $300 from the Labor Board. This SM
[ In Reply To ..]
was the money SS had screwed me out of. And I am sure I was not the sole IC they cheated. And I only worked for them less than a year, no telling how much others were cheated out of
But what was the $300 for? That is my question .. how were you cheated? sm - just curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Did they miscalculate your lines? Not pay you the agreed-upon rate? If you were an IC it cannot be for not paying overtime or allowing lunch breaks like some other companies. It seems odd to just receive a check and not know what it is for.
They were dinking with my line counts. It was for money I earned - but didnt recieve until LB got involved. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Information About SoftScript?
Jul 28, 2010

Does anyone have information about SoftScript?  Has anyone who worked for them had incorrectly reported pay/hours or been denied unemployment benefits?  ...

Information On Softscript?
Sep 14, 2012

Can someone give some information on Softscript?  There is not much here on them. ...

Looking For Information About Softscript
Sep 30, 2013

Looking for information about Softscript.  I have tried searching the archives and cannot find anything current.  Just generally looking to see if they are a decent company to work for.  Thanks for any and all information!!! ...

Any Information On SoftScript
Oct 22, 2013

Any information on SoftScript would be greatly appreciated.  Are they really 100% U.S. based, good/bad to work for, etc.?  My situation is becoming dire, am running out of work daily and have to find another position.  ...

Softscript - Looking For Information
Aug 13, 2014

Looking for information on Softscript, thinking of applying with them.  I see they have had ads up for awhile now.  Would appreciate any input, good/bad of working for them.  Thank you. ...

Softscript Information?
Jan 19, 2015

I know Softscript is discusssed here often and I have done a search but was wondering if anyone who has worked 3rd shift for a while would e-mail me with information as to how the work flow is on 3rd, what the majority of the work is, i.e., discharges, ops, and maybe an idea of what Softscript pays for 3rd shift?  Any information is greatly appreciated. ...

Does Anyone Have Any Current Information Regarding AssistMed Or Softscript? Sm
Sep 14, 2010

Seems the old posts are kind of negative, but things change ... wondered if anyone had any current info.  AssistMed is IC.  SoftScript seems to have a nice benefit package, but they say you cannot change your schedule for 6 months.   Thanks for any info. ...

Any Information On Softscript...good Or Bad...appreciated.
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

Hypertype Information - Any Information
Feb 19, 2011

Any information on Hypertype?  Good, bad, and ugly, pay scale, platform?  TIA.  I have passed the test which I took a little more than a week ago.  They want to set up a phone interview but I want to know upfront what current ICs think.  Are they flexible.  Do you have a schedule.  Saw through the archives that the pay is low but how low is low?  TIA. ...

FTP-any Information
Nov 27, 2009

If I eventually plan on working from home, should I invest in some kind of FTP (file transfer program)? If so, what kind should I get? There are so many out there, just curious if anyone has any knowledge about this. Thanks!! ...

Any New Information About TTS?
Mar 21, 2010

Hi, I am speaking with TTS about a job.  The thing that I am concerned about is they said in their introduction that, "Production time is tracked off the technology system and monitors the time you are actually in the document working (hands on the keyboard or foot on the pedal).  If you are idle in excess of 4 minutes the time stops tracking.  You must remain actively working.  If you are researching etc, give it 3 minutes." I am assuming this means that you if you get ...

MME Information Please!
Oct 16, 2010

I sent a report in, and when I got it back, they had taken out the #s that I did using the numbering feature in 6.1 and replaced them with numbers. Is there a reason for this? ...

Anyone Information On TTS
May 07, 2011

Anyone information on TTS I would love to hear anything, good or bad.  I was recently offered 9 cpl and 4.5 VR/SR.. Including spacing and headers/footers....thought this was pretty darn good these days. I am waiting to set up start date and new hire paperwork.. This is TTS New Hampshire. Transcription, Technology, Solutions.  please reply. ...

Anyone Have Information On TTS?
May 08, 2015

Anyone have information on TTS? They have several positions available, wondering if it would be something worth looking into... ...

Transportal - Anyone Have Information
Oct 14, 2009

Does anyone have information regarding this company, i.e., platform, flexibility in working time (no schedule?), anything you care to add, good or bad would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Fastchart - Looking For Information
Oct 22, 2009

Anyone work for Fastchart???  Looking for information before I dive in. ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Information On Spectramedi?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Spectramedi? What they pay and what kind of company they are to work for? Thanks. ...

Keystrokes Any Information?
Jan 11, 2010

I'm trying to find out some information about Keystrokes and Transcend, mostly Keystrokes.  Do they have a tiering system for their MTs?  If not, how do they classify you?  Do different accounts pay differently?  Also, how are the advancement opportunities there?  Thank you, thank you, and thank you again....(:D) ...

Anyone Have Information On STAR Med? (SM)
Jan 13, 2010

Anyone else apply for this position and not hear back from them?  TIA!! ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

Transolutions - Any Information
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Transolutions?  Thanks for any info you can provide. ...

Current Information On MD-IT?
Mar 07, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on MD-IT?   I searched the boards and the archives and found nothing.  If anyone could share any information at all, I would appreciate it, thanks. ...

NEW PARTICIPANT LOOKING FOR INFORMATION
Mar 08, 2010

i am going to start classes soon on coding and billing., a co-worker of mine were talking today and she was telling me about at home transcription., the coding and billing i also want to do at home.  She was telling me that this site is really good for findinig out information about beginning transcription and possibly what schools are the best that would not rip you off or lead you astray, also, what companies are the best., how do you know which ones are on the up and up and when you work ...

Specific Information For Your TAA
Mar 09, 2010

I just spoke with my TAA representative and he told me when you apply for UI through TAA, use the Medquist TAW#72153.  This is the official, approved number given to our beloved company proving they are getting rid of our American jobs to Indian workers.  The most important paragraph I found in the approved petition was: "All workers of MedQuist, Inc., Mount Laurel, New Jersey including workers at home sites throughout the United States, who became totally or partially separated from ...

Please, Please Given Information On DTS America....sm
Mar 15, 2010

I asked some questions below regarding DTS America and yet no answers.  I see there have been 97 onlookers.  Could someone please, please give me their experience, good or bad, with DTS America.  I am just looking for answers.  Ultimately I will make my own decision, but it is still good to communicate and learn of various experiences.  I have tested and tested and tested, and would definitely love to not waste my time with a company that is truly bogus.  I have ran ...

Anyone Has Information On Med-scribe?
Mar 30, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has information on Med-scribe? Saw some job postings and was wondering about them!! ...

Information About ProScript?
May 09, 2010

Anyone have any information about ProScript? ...