A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Specific information for your TAA - CA-MT

Posted: Mar 09, 2010

I just spoke with my TAA representative and he told me when you apply for UI through TAA, use the Medquist TAW#72153.  This is the official, approved number given to our beloved company proving they are getting rid of our American jobs to Indian workers. 

The most important paragraph I found in the approved petition was:

"All workers of MedQuist, Inc., Mount Laurel, New Jersey
including workers at home sites throughout the United
States, who became totally or partially separated from
employment on or after August 27, 2008, through two years
from the date of certification, and all workers in the
group threatened with total or partial separation from
employment on date of certification through two years from
the date of certification, are eligible to apply for
adjustment assistance under Chapter 2 of Title II of the
Trade Act of 1974, as amended."

Note the words, "totally or partially separated from employment" which qualifies us for all the Trade Act has to offer, including salary reimbursement and COBRA tax deductions.  Your individual state employees may not be saavy enough to comprehend what to do with this to let you to apply given our circumstances.  Each state has a TAA representative.  Just ask to speak to that representative with this given information.  Just help them to do their job so you don't get turned down.

I have tried that before... - Living in a Stone Age State

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried using the MQ # and the partial separation sentence. I have 2 regional TAA managers. They both say the same thing: No letter with lay-off date, no TAA. State says the same. Local says the same. I need to move to CA, I guess...

Does this mean we can't do this after Aug. 28 - 2010 ? no message

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Your separation from the company has to occur between - the dates given in the TAA certification. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I was just wondering this same thing..... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
Would be a bummer if it ended in August because what if you get laid off after August of this year (and if it's going to happen to most of us at all, it will most likely be AFTER then). I sure would like to hear from more of us here if and when they actually receive any real benefits from this TAA thing, like paid re-training, the cobra, the salary reimbursement.......

Similar Messages:

Specific Gravity
Jan 22, 2011

In urinalysis, dictates specific gravity 1016.  He says "ten sixteen". Would you change this to 1.016? ...

Specialty Specific
Sep 12, 2012

I am a big cardiology buff and would love to do only cardiology transcription. If anyone has knowledge of places that have a lot of cardio accounts, would you be kind enough to point me in their direction. You can e-mail if you don't want to put names in open.  I can offer help in return too as able.  TIA. ...

Are There Specific Regions
Feb 28, 2014

Specific regions??? I wish. I am supposed to be West but have reports from California, Oregon, New Jersey, Florida, Texas, Virginia, etc.  You name it.  Hardly ever the same client or dictator. This doesn't make it easy to make line count or any money having to start over with every report.   ...

Can A Culture Be Specific For Cipro?
Dec 18, 2009

He says "pus aspirated from the abscess and the culture was specific for cipro.  He was placed on cipro".    Is that right?  ...

Client Specifics Should Be Less Specific!!
Jan 13, 2010

Why, oh why can't all the dictators on one account use the same format????!!!!! Dozens of doctors on the same account and they all want different styles.  Some want headings capped, some do not.   Some want bold, some do not.  Some want them underlined and some do not.  Some want PHYSICAL EXAM, some PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, and then some EXAM.  Followinig on down in a note, you can just imagine how many differences there are with each dictator.  These guys ...

Specific Questions About TransTech...please Help If You Can SM
Nov 04, 2011

Full time is considered 40 hours/5500 lines per week, right? Is it a mix of straight typing and VR? Are there a lot of ESL...or about average? How much per pay period does the single healthcare premium cost?  Are the benefits good?  Is there PTO, 401K, etc?  Are they very strict about your schedule...or could one work 2 hours outside their schedule either way (and still do 8 hours)? Do they provide the computer/equipment?  Do you have to pay to lease their equipment ...

Took The Survey And Was Very Specific With My Opinions
Dec 13, 2011

Very specific: Low pay, no incentive, extremely stringent time constraints, TIME CLOCK, MedQ does not support the workforce that currently makes their company.  Acknowledged that MedQ is busily developing technology to do away with the MT, but in the meantime, need to pay the highly skilled MTs that keep them in business.  Also acknowledged that personally I do not have a problem with a capitalist principle to develop said technology to make seemless VR into the EMR.. But until that ...

Looking For A Specific Name For A Surgical Catheter
Sep 15, 2014

This is an orthopedic procedure, total elbow arthroplasty.   Prior to closure, a new (s/l) PIGMAN catheter was placed in the superolateral aspect of the elbow as an inflow, and a medium Hemovac was placed in the distal lateral aspect of the elbow, both seen in the joint.   ...

When They Ask For A Specific Foot Pedal....
Feb 12, 2015

I scratch my head.  I have always had a V-pedal and there are ads I come across that say in their 'MUST HAVES' an Infinity pedal is needed.  Why?  I can't see any reason for this?  And of course, "if you don't meet these req's don't apply."  Anybody relate?  ...

Looking For A Specific Keyboard Cover
Apr 27, 2015

Does anyone know of a company that sells custom covers for split keyboards?  I have a Goldtouch I got off of eBay a couple of months ago and I need a cover.  Sick of it getting dust bunnies.  TIA ...

Do You Ever Get So Sick Of A Specific Dictator's Voice That You
Sep 12, 2013

nm ...

Has Anyone Ever Asked, When Told A Specific Doctor
Jul 17, 2014

was complaining about your work, asked who the doc was and been told?  ...

Would You Put Quotes Around The Specific Name Of A Form The Patient Filled Out?
Nov 16, 2009

If the doctor is having the patient fill out a specific form and they name that specific form would it have quotes around it? ...

Any Companies Out There Who Leave You Alone And Do Not Require Specific Hours
Feb 19, 2013

Are there any companies out there who let you just do your work and do not require you to give them a time or if you leave your computer that they constantly harrass you? ...

FINALLY. An Acct Specific That Changes "pussy Dischage" (sm)
Dec 24, 2009

To pus-like or purulent.  I was told 30 plus years ago to change it to pus-like, but had never seen anything verifying to do it per account until today.  Just made good sense to change it. ...

Hypertype Information - Any Information
Feb 19, 2011

Any information on Hypertype?  Good, bad, and ugly, pay scale, platform?  TIA.  I have passed the test which I took a little more than a week ago.  They want to set up a phone interview but I want to know upfront what current ICs think.  Are they flexible.  Do you have a schedule.  Saw through the archives that the pay is low but how low is low?  TIA. ...

FTP-any Information
Nov 27, 2009

If I eventually plan on working from home, should I invest in some kind of FTP (file transfer program)? If so, what kind should I get? There are so many out there, just curious if anyone has any knowledge about this. Thanks!! ...

Any New Information About TTS?
Mar 21, 2010

Hi, I am speaking with TTS about a job.  The thing that I am concerned about is they said in their introduction that, "Production time is tracked off the technology system and monitors the time you are actually in the document working (hands on the keyboard or foot on the pedal).  If you are idle in excess of 4 minutes the time stops tracking.  You must remain actively working.  If you are researching etc, give it 3 minutes." I am assuming this means that you if you get ...

MME Information Please!
Oct 16, 2010

I sent a report in, and when I got it back, they had taken out the #s that I did using the numbering feature in 6.1 and replaced them with numbers. Is there a reason for this? ...

Anyone Information On TTS
May 07, 2011

Anyone information on TTS I would love to hear anything, good or bad.  I was recently offered 9 cpl and 4.5 VR/SR.. Including spacing and headers/footers....thought this was pretty darn good these days. I am waiting to set up start date and new hire paperwork.. This is TTS New Hampshire. Transcription, Technology, Solutions.  please reply. ...

Anyone Have Information On TTS?
May 08, 2015

Anyone have information on TTS? They have several positions available, wondering if it would be something worth looking into... ...

Transportal - Anyone Have Information
Oct 14, 2009

Does anyone have information regarding this company, i.e., platform, flexibility in working time (no schedule?), anything you care to add, good or bad would be appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Fastchart - Looking For Information
Oct 22, 2009

Anyone work for Fastchart???  Looking for information before I dive in. ...

Help..someone With Information On Focus!
Dec 03, 2009

Could someone give me the dirt on Focus?  Hours, work, supervisors, QA, workload>  Thanks in advance!... ...

Information On Spectramedi?
Jan 08, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Spectramedi? What they pay and what kind of company they are to work for? Thanks. ...

Keystrokes Any Information?
Jan 11, 2010

I'm trying to find out some information about Keystrokes and Transcend, mostly Keystrokes.  Do they have a tiering system for their MTs?  If not, how do they classify you?  Do different accounts pay differently?  Also, how are the advancement opportunities there?  Thank you, thank you, and thank you again....(:D) ...

Anyone Have Information On STAR Med? (SM)
Jan 13, 2010

Anyone else apply for this position and not hear back from them?  TIA!! ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

Transolutions - Any Information
Feb 10, 2010

Does anyone have any information on Transolutions?  Thanks for any info you can provide. ...