A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Job scams - JW

Posted: Sep 07, 2012

Be aware of Mommy Jobs Online. Just checked out their website and they want money to find you a job, up to $150. I had one that kept emailing me about buying a franchise. They titled the email "Your Resume" so I thought wow here's a job offer from someone. Sound too good to be true, probably is. My true belief is you should never have to pay for a job. I had an offer once that wanted $600 for software to be able to work for them. It's a joke. Just a little warning to all of us. There are scams too, this one may be legit and may not be.

Yup - Old Weary MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Same with MT jobs. I always warn New MTs of MT scams as well. If you have to purchase the software or any other equipment, it's probably a scam. If they want you to send them money for anything, it's a scam. Run, don't walk. Don't be desperate. If you've had good school training, you don't need to fall for these.

Another one? - JW

[ In Reply To ..]
They removed the ad. I'm kind of skeptical of the other one that just came up too. I think that one might charge something too or have a catch to it. It's the one with all the specialties. MT be aware1!!

Same thing with RCJPS (or whatever they are called) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
right?
I dont even see a post with RCJPS - where is it
[ In Reply To ..]
And where are the others?
RCJPS is the one with Nicki King as the contact - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
the mommy one has been deleted.

The RCJPS is looking for "multi-specialty transcriptionists." They do want a $75 fee just to be able to view their job board. No guarantee of a job. No idea of how "recent" these supposed jobs are either. I heard tell from someone who paid the fee that they were "old jobs" and could be located on the internet elsewhere, as well.
Mommy jobs - JW
[ In Reply To ..]
was taken down and rightfully should have been.

Mommy jobs online (MJOL) - just got scammed

[ In Reply To ..]
I called the rep thinking they were a transcription company and she said they were a job posting place for data input jobs including transcription. I asked if I could pay for 1 month and she said yes @ $25.00. She made it sound like you could pick a job that was available, do it and then get paid for it. She never mentioned there was only 6-month and 1-year contracts to pay for their site. After I read that I immediately told them to cancel me and I better not be billed for anything more. They continue to e-mail me telling me I am in a contract and can opt to an early cancellation of $125 dollars. This was DECEPTIVE and misleading. I am now going to cancel my credit card so they can no longer charge me. Even what they did have listed were not jobs you could just take and do, they were listings of potential "job opportunities". A bunch of crap I could find for FREE anywhere else on the web. I am going to notify MTStars of this. They NEED to take this scam off their board. It is through this site that I found this company and they SUCK!

Proud Member of Mommy Jobs Online - Michelle

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been a member with Mommy Jobs Online now for 3 years and it's not a scam it's a legitimate paid member site that cuts down on alot of time finding a job and I have had the BEST luck so far finding all my clients using their work at home transcription job bank. They have a one time and a lifetime membership fee of only $85.00 and no cancellation fee is involved so I'm not sure where you got the $25.00 rate from...Anyways coodos to anyone that joins it because you will be a happy camper. Try calling and hearing facts from the horses mouth instead of gossip chat - 1-405-418-6160.

Online Job - Esa

[ In Reply To ..]
After reading the post above you can definitely tell that someone working for the company wrote that post. I believe that everyone is entitle to do a real review rather positive or negative. Personally, I have been looking for years to find a real review from this company. I would love to work as an Independent Consultant but I just need real reviews from an employee before I dish out 85.00. Please real reviews. Thanks in Advance.

Mommy Jobs Online is Legitimate & Highly Recommended to Join! - Cynthia

[ In Reply To ..]
I started working at home for Mommy Jobs Online a few weeks ago and I love it! I enjoy the flexibility of working at anytime of the day or night, no boss's breathing down my neck, no attitudes from co-workers to deal with. Mommy Jobs Online is a real work at home business and I would recommend them to anyone who asks me about working from home. There website url is www.mommyjobsonline.com and you have the ability to become a work at home agent or a lifetime member for $85.00 one-time fee which is very worth it. There is no contract or cancellation fee at all. If you have questions about their service call them directly 1-405-418-6160.

Just Signed Up - Tonya

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you Cynthia. I just signed up for MJOL and have been a little skeptical. I start training on the 7th, so I hope it all pans out. If not, I'll chalk it up to a learning experience. Thanks again!
Mommy Jobs Online - Heather
[ In Reply To ..]
WHY is the word ADVERTISEMENT under every raving response that this company is legitimate? What's that all about? I am very suspicious of this company now.
My post - Heather
[ In Reply To ..]
Never mind-it's on every post lol. My bad.
Well - Chellee
[ In Reply To ..]
I was wondering how it all went? Is it what is says it is and have you made money from anyone yet? I have 3 kids I can't waste my money on someone scamming others and just sitting there collecting a fee..
Mommy Jobs Online - Yes, they are a reliable work at home job resource! - Michelle
[ In Reply To ..]
I have found several jobs using their work at home job bank resources. They have reliable job leads and they pre-screen all client positions so you can secure a real job, it's well worth the fee to me with all the garbage on the internet. I've decided to get access to all of their job listings in other areas outside transcription. They offer a lifetime membership, with no monthly fees which is great! I've used other services in the past but this one has exceeded them all.
Was The Company Legit - Esa
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi Cynthia was the company legal. Please give us an update. I really need a remote position asap. Thanks in Advance.
MJOL-LEGIT - CEECEE
[ In Reply To ..]
Esa and Cynthia: I have been considering this company for about a month now. I want to know there is real work and real pay. What did you find from this? Is it legit? How come there is no business address on their site?

DON'T PAY FOR ANYTHING - Needbetterjob

[ In Reply To ..]
I need a job, desperately, too. But, I'm not going to pay for one. I can't even afford to get a decent home to live in let alone pay for a job. With the way gas prices keep climbing, it's a wonder I can still drive around to potential interviews....when I get one. Again, don't pay for a job. They need to pay us for training us and hiring us.

Similar Messages:

DIT - SCAMS
Nov 01, 2010

I would like to know why DIT has access to this site.  There are a lot of transcriptionists out there, myself include, who have been taken advantage of.  I read all of the warnings, but I was so desperate to get a job, that I ingored the warnings about not working for them.  I worked 3+ months and have only been paid for 2 weeks of working day and night to do the best jpb that I could do.  Is there some way that they can be blocked from MT Stars?  There is apparently no recourse for me, exc ...

Why All The Scams Lately? Any Ideas?
Feb 09, 2014

Its getting sickening. ...

Scams Are Everywhere, Please Research And Think Very
Feb 12, 2014

That can't be posted or emphasized enough.  Whatever job posting seems good, research it and double check everything before sending a resume with all your personal information. Do NOT EVER accept any checks  (especially written for large sums)  from any companies to purchase anything -  that should be nothing but common sense.  People, you're broke now, and desperate for a job, but how much more broke are you going to be if you fall for these types of iden ...

Scams & Legitimate Company?
Feb 10, 2014

It is really sad that this business has gotten to the point where we have to question every company who posts and ad out here.  I remember when we could trust about anything put on this board in the job seekers board, now I am afraid to even apply to any of them because there are so many different names out there, this recruiter hiring for this company, another company hiring under a different name and then those who are just outright scams.  How do you know who to trust anymore when it comes ...

Beware. The Other MT Job Site Has 2 Ads That Are Probably Scams.
May 23, 2014

One offers $1.30 per line, which should be your first clue this is a scam.  THe other is an ad for St Judes that gives a yahoo addy to reply to.  Really???  Like St Jude would not have their own website to apply for jobs. ...

Medical Transcription Jobs Scams?
May 18, 2013

Does anyone know of medical transcription jobs scams?   Offering jobs, no contracts, HIPPA or other documentation required or at least not initially.....want SS# but does not need a 1099 signed?  six hour time difference...just checking if anyone knows or has experienced? ...