A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DIT - SCAMS - Ava

Posted: Nov 01, 2010

I would like to know why DIT has access to this site.  There are a lot of transcriptionists out there, myself include, who have been taken advantage of.  I read all of the warnings, but I was so desperate to get a job, that I ingored the warnings about not working for them.  I worked 3+ months and have only been paid for 2 weeks of working day and night to do the best jpb that I could do.  Is there some way that they can be blocked from MT Stars?  There is apparently no recourse for me, except to accept the fact that I got scammed.  I know that I am not the only one.  Any ideas on what I can do to get the monies due me? Thanks, Ava

Self responsibility - mymt

[ In Reply To ..]

I stress part of what you wrote:

I ingored the warnings

You can't blame MTstars for this.  You read it, you CHOSE to ignore it and you got burned just like everyone said would happen.  I'm sorry it happened to you but do you REALLY have to put your hand in the fire to figure out you'll get burned??

SCAMS - Ava

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not blaming MT..Stars by any means. I only meant that they should not be allowed access to the site because they are SCUM..just wish that could happen.

Very unfortunate - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Like a lot of other people who visit this board for info on different companies you have to make YOUR own decison from reading the negatives versus the positives. You probably thought that it would never happen to you, but unfortunately you found out different. This is a classic example that a lot of the warnings about different companies on this board are true. I hope that all MTs that have experienced this situation with this particular company follows the moderator's advice. I am sorry this happened to you. I take all advice on this board very seriously and if there is enough negativity about one particular company that difinitely sends a red flag to me and I walk the other way.
SCAMS - Ava
[ In Reply To ..]
So true, I really thought that they had cleaned up their act and that it would not happen to me.
Ava - Nick
[ In Reply To ..]
That is magical thinking. They will not clean up their act. They are CROOKS.

File a complaint with the Attorney General also. - Jil

[ In Reply To ..]
If the company has a license they can check it out and will yank the business license if there are enough complaints.
good advice - .
[ In Reply To ..]
SCAMS - Ava
[ In Reply To ..]
Good advise. thanks

Response - SM - Moderator

[ In Reply To ..]
MTStars is not responsible for your relationship with an employer.

If there is a pattern of DIT being a nonpayor, I need to hear from all who have payment issues with DIT - your real identities, how much is owed and dates to determine if this is an isolated case or if there really is a pattern of nonpayment before making a decision to block them from advertising.

E-mail me directly but stop complaining on the board what you think MTStars has in responsibility for this situation.

SCAMS - Ava

[ In Reply To ..]
Please accept my apology. I was stating that I merely thought that there should be some way to screen companies like DIT from being able to get info from the board. I have nothing but respect for MTStars, believe me. No I want to state that I DO NOT think MTStars is in anyway responsible for my very bad decision to go to work for them.

MTStars is NOT responsible - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
if you got scammed. What you are saying is a little bit like "Ooooh, I was just sitting on the train tracks and this big train came along......" YOU have the responsibility for doing due diligence before you take any job. You admit that you IGNORED THE WARNINGS. Why did you ignore them? You proceeded without adequate information, to your own peril. I am sorry that you got scammed, but please put the responsibility where it lies--with yourself.

Ava didn't say MTStars responsible. Asked if bad company could be - blocked. Answer: Would consider evidence and decid

[ In Reply To ..]
x

SCAMS - Ava

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks that is exactly what I meant! This really sucks.

SCAMS - Ava

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow I think I was totally misunderstood in my statement. It was my being desperate for a job and pretty much ignoring the bad stuff I read about them because I needed a job so badly. You are right, it is my fault and my fault alone,

SCAMS - Ava

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you to almost everyone who responded with a positive thought or idea. I really never thought this would happen to me, I was just so in need of a job.

Ava, contact your department of labor - for remediation

[ In Reply To ..]

SCAMS - Ava

[ In Reply To ..]
Would that be their state or my state department of labor?

Similar Messages:

Job Scams
Sep 07, 2012

Be aware of Mommy Jobs Online. Just checked out their website and they want money to find you a job, up to $150. I had one that kept emailing me about buying a franchise. They titled the email "Your Resume" so I thought wow here's a job offer from someone. Sound too good to be true, probably is. My true belief is you should never have to pay for a job. I had an offer once that wanted $600 for software to be able to work for them. It's a joke. Just a little warning to all of us. ...

Why All The Scams Lately? Any Ideas?
Feb 09, 2014

Its getting sickening. ...

Scams Are Everywhere, Please Research And Think Very
Feb 12, 2014

That can't be posted or emphasized enough.  Whatever job posting seems good, research it and double check everything before sending a resume with all your personal information. Do NOT EVER accept any checks  (especially written for large sums)  from any companies to purchase anything -  that should be nothing but common sense.  People, you're broke now, and desperate for a job, but how much more broke are you going to be if you fall for these types of iden ...

Scams & Legitimate Company?
Feb 10, 2014

It is really sad that this business has gotten to the point where we have to question every company who posts and ad out here.  I remember when we could trust about anything put on this board in the job seekers board, now I am afraid to even apply to any of them because there are so many different names out there, this recruiter hiring for this company, another company hiring under a different name and then those who are just outright scams.  How do you know who to trust anymore when it comes ...

Beware. The Other MT Job Site Has 2 Ads That Are Probably Scams.
May 23, 2014

One offers $1.30 per line, which should be your first clue this is a scam.  THe other is an ad for St Judes that gives a yahoo addy to reply to.  Really???  Like St Jude would not have their own website to apply for jobs. ...

Medical Transcription Jobs Scams?
May 18, 2013

Does anyone know of medical transcription jobs scams?   Offering jobs, no contracts, HIPPA or other documentation required or at least not initially.....want SS# but does not need a 1099 signed?  six hour time difference...just checking if anyone knows or has experienced? ...