A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The Demise of Diskriter - blah, blah, blah

Posted: Feb 11, 2012

As a long time MT at DR, I find the undoing of Diskriter to be most upsetting.  Anyone else have any thoughts?  People have left in great numbers and continue to leave.  Global has taken all but a small amount of our work in TR....and those in management could care less about us.  I am moving on, but just wondered if others have had this experience?  

I left in December. No work, cruddy pay, no communication. sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It may have once been a great company, but my experience was it is a great place to work if you do not have to pay your bills.

What is Global? - JCQ

[ In Reply To ..]
Was looking at a job with Diskriter, but am not sure?

offshore nm - DR MT

[ In Reply To ..]
ccc

global - blah, blah, blah

[ In Reply To ..]
Global = offshore = India. We actually have transcordinators working in the system from India. Nobody answers you, cannot get anyone on the phone. A sad, sad situation.

Global - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked for them about 4 months in 2011 and they were every bit as bad as DR. Thought I would transition to them. In 4 months, I had 3 managers; the last one was a major BIT_ _. QA was very inconsistent. Found reports that QA changed (from what I had that was correct, to incorrect terms/phrases). When asked for explanations from manager, never got one, but I found the reports were changed back to what I originally had. Bad thing is, if you don't catch it, they send it out with your initials and you get blamed if there is a problem. The last night I was scheduled to work the witch I had for a manager "hand picked" the jobs to put in my queue. They were all the worst dictators that everybody hated, could not understand, cut off dictation, defective recordings. When I realized what she did, I signed into 1 job and stayed in that job for an hour, then went to the next and did the same thing. Made sure I worked my entire shift, but very slowly. I figured all the TATs would now be her problem due to her vindictive behavior. Not a good experience at all.
love it!!!! (sm) - beanie
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, got a chuckle out of that one. I'm sure the reports were out of TAT by that time anyway, so it probably didn't matter. Still laughing!!!
love it!!!! (sm) - beanie - LeeLee
[ In Reply To ..]
Happy to put a smile on someone's face! This last TL was SOOOOOO nasty and would cherry pick the very best jobs for her devout followers and leave the garbage for the rest. All of her emails were very condescending (even the global) and she would read things into emails that just were not there (other than in her own little hair-raising mind). I never called off, never late, never skipped a shift; her loss. She actually continued to contact me after I quit. Finally had to contact the big dogs to have her called off. What a freakin' nightmare she was...Good ole Crazy Mary.

Don't go - blah, blah, blah

[ In Reply To ..]
you will regret it

I was in QA with diskriter and left back in Sept. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
And I left because things were starting to feel off. There was this push where QA would be told to QA the "global" work and get feedback to them as quick as possible so they could get them trained. I didn't understand the urgency. Then the US MTs started complaining of running out of work, and I started to get the picture.

I mean I knew DR offshored some when I took the job, but I was under the obvious misconception that most of the work was done stateside. There was a definite shift that started last summer.

The final straw was the Account specs had gotten ridiculous. They send out the specs and then within hours send out updated specs contradicting the old specs. Then they had accounts where each dictator had their own EKG template. We are talking up to 15 cardiologists each having their own template and none of them were in the same format! That kind of crap drives me nuts. Report formatting should be uniform across the board, especially for technical reports like EKGs, radiology, pathology, etc.

It just got to the point where it seemed they were intentionally making impossible for QAs and MTs to accurately do their job. No one answered the phone at corporate, so you couldn't get any answers about anything. And then the whole global push just made me say screw this!

I wrote a very long detailed letter of resignation not that they cared what I had to say. And I was out. After 18 years in this business and having worked for many nationals, I have gotten pretty good at sensing a changing climate and getting out before the ship sinks.

Best of luck to all the existing DR employees. I just feel that a buyout is not too far on the horizon for Diskriter.

Were you the one who retired and then sent out that e-mail sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
to everyone? If so ... good for you! And if you were not, I still applaud you for getting out. I had 2 IC jobs I loved, but I thought I needed to be an employee because of the benefits, so I gave them a try. However, it was a truly miserable experience for me. I suppose, though, I should thank them because it made me realize that I already had something good and that I should be happy (and I am!). I pay for my own benefits, but it is worth it to be happy, have plenty of work, and not dread turning on my computer when it is time to work.
retiree - Dee
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm the one who retired and sent the email. i wanted the company to know they were not fooling anybody and the shabby way they treated EVERYONE was a disgrace.
You are my hero - blah, blah, blah
[ In Reply To ..]
Best written email to ever grace the pages of that lousy email box.

The buyout was already done 2 years ago, just not publicized. - Diskriter owned by offshore company now

[ In Reply To ..]
They were very quiet about it. Sneaky, sneaky company that has undergone too many changes in the last 12 months, all bad IMO.

Global and buyout - Dee

[ In Reply To ..]
buyout was a while ago. and I am soooo glad I am gone. I stay in touch, and it is horrible, worse than ever. i was there 4 years and had umpteen supervisors, 2 good ones, who also had the sense to leave. MLS's are leaving by the droves

Diskriter - LeeLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked for them years ago and DR was horrible then. Lot of favoritism, complete disrespect, disregard for the MTs. At one point, I was actually written up for taking PTO, which had been approved, but they were such horrible managers, they never checked with each other. When I proved I was given the PTO, had it approved, they would not apologize and came after me with guns blazing because I was not a "team player". I had so much documentation to cover my u-no-what, it was ridiculous. I definitely had that experienced and left ASAP when I realized what was going on. I hope you find something quickly.

I went broke working there. nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Happy with Diskriter! - speedtyper18

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MLS with Diskriter for the past few years, and I am still happy.

I know we are going through growing pains but what company is not? We have grown 30% last year, they are bringing in new accounts all of the time, AND I just saw an email on Friday with 5 QA spots open. They are looking to fill the openings within!!!

Why isn't someone talking about something positive like the potential for advancement????

Just saying- please don't speak for all of us happy MLS'!!

I don't recall anyone claiming to speak for all Diskriter MTs, sm - just relating their experiences. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm glad you are happy. In the end, that is all that matters.

Happy MLS - blah, blah, blah

[ In Reply To ..]
You are the recruiter. I guarantee it. The company is owned by India. Bringing in new accounts? HA!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not the recruiter..... - speedtyper18

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a VERY happy MLS here at Diskriter. I make it a point to learn about my company. This company has treated me well. Geez.
Ok, whatever. - blah, blah, blah
[ In Reply To ..]
Never mind. It isn't worth arguing over anyway.

Happy MLS - blah, blah, blah

[ In Reply To ..]
You gave me a good laugh, a much needed one. Growing pains??? Try the Death Rattle!!! As for bringing in new accounts...the accounts will go to India. You are delusional or it just hasn't hit you yet. And for those of you who think your jobs won't go....guess again. The bottom line is $$$ It is always going to cost more to keep you stateside than to keep India. They get 5 of them for one 1 of you. Enough said.

Happy? - Dee

[ In Reply To ..]
of course there are new jobs, everybody is quitting. wake up and smell the coffee honey, if you are truly a DR MLS

are you kidding - Dee

[ In Reply To ..]
are you kidding me? you must be blind. there is no potential for advancement, and my guess is you are a company plant, nobody is happy

are you kidding response - blah, blah, blah

[ In Reply To ..]
Believe me, that is a company plant. The best advice I can give anybody still hanging on there by a thread it get out now. Accounting is in India (the people in Pittsburgh do not know the MLS do not know this and some of them innocently give out the info when you talk to them), the "transcordinators" are in India...one of them called my house once and asked me to work over and told me as much. Sad, sad, sad situation.

I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. sm - Former DR MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I should have had a warning when the recruiter told me the average lines per hour for VR and straight typing that the MTs were doing. I normally do much more than that, but I ignored my instincts, took their extremely low pay rate for straight typing (7 cpl) and entered into the nightmare that was my experience there.

My first day there, the supervisor quit or was terminated, I don't know which, and it was quite awhile before she was replaced. I constantly ran out of work and everyone told me "that account has TONS of work" and they were completely bewildered. I was hired to do the basic 4, yet I got maternal fetal ultrasounds, PFTs, and EEGs, EMGs, etc., all of which I loathe. I finally got a secondary account and the AS for that account left (again, unsure of the reasons), then they gave me a tertiary account that truly was from Hell. Even with the 3 accounts, I hardly made any money. A higher level person, SA, recently left too, and there is a new owner, CEO or whatever you call it. All in all, especially with its global ties, I would avoid DR like the plague. The recruiter is all bubbly and rah, rah, rah, and I actually think she is a nice person, but that doesn't make my mortgage payment. There are far better companies out there. I would advise anyone to keep looking. Diskriter and SoftScript are on the same page as far as I am concerned.

response - blah, blah, blah

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree..I believe the recruiter really is a nice person, but I think she has bills to pay and has to "stay with the program" to get a paycheck. The place is an utter disaster. IMO they are headed toward IC for their stateside MLS and India will do all of Transriter.

Same experience here - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired for basic 4 acute care and all I ever got was physical therapy notes, etc., which were totally boring. I kept asking where my acute care work was and they kept stalling me-- "getting account set up", etc., and a number of other excuses. I finally had enough and quit.

Similar Messages:

SR/VR - The Demise Of The English Language
Nov 10, 2012

Once facilities start using VR/SR or having a physician use Dragon/canned reports, they should realize that as long as a report is "medically correct" (i.e., the correct spelling of a medical word) that is as good as the report should be.  Does anybody really think Dr. Jones is going to make a complete coherent sentence as he is dictating; or, Dr. Shaleplcakeeoa (made up name) is going to make a sentence that makes sense in English versus his own interpretation of the English language?  ...

OTI WORK DEMISE CLUE
Mar 05, 2014

Here is what I have noticed: Those familiar with the T account know there are 3 facilities. C, VR and H, in order of size. The CER used to be the biggest component. Since 02/26/2014, almost a week, despite working literally all hours of the day and night, I have not typed a single CER report. There is one dictator, BB, who mistakenly codes her reports as CER but they are actually HER reports. So the biggest facility on OTI's biggest account is apparently gone. ...

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Diskriter?
Jul 27, 2010

I am just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Diskriter.   Thanks ...

WHAT Is Going On With DISKRITER
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody know reasons for the strangeness lately?  Seriously... things are a bit well unusual... maybe it is me... ...

Anybody Know What Is Going On At Diskriter?
Nov 06, 2011

Work is low and just a strange sense in the air.  I have my own theories, but would be interested in any ideas.   ...

Thank You, Diskriter!!
Dec 23, 2011

I have been happily working for Diskriter for the past few years, and I just got an amazon gift card for the holidays!  They thanked me for my hard work this year.  I LOVE this company; it is nice to know that I am appreciated!!!   What a nice touch.  Happy Holidays, all! ...

Anybody Know What's Up With Diskriter?
Oct 21, 2013

Anybody know what's up with Diskriter?  Got laid off Friday, now can't get ahold of Hr to retrieve my 401K. ...

Diskriter Anything?
Jul 16, 2014

What can anyone tell me about Diskriter?  How is the QA dept from both the QAS point of view and the MT point of view.  How is the company to work for?  Good and bad ? ...

Has Anyone Seen The Ad From Diskriter On
Aug 26, 2014

They pay 5.5 cents a line for STRAIGHT typing?  Are they insane?  I hope they don't think any of us are THAT desperate.  WTH? ...

Diskriter
Sep 02, 2014

Does anyone have any information or opinions regarding Diskriter?  I was wondering if they were a good company to possibly work for. ...

Diskriter Outsources
Oct 20, 2009

I did not realize that Diskriter outsoursces.   Has anyone else knowledge of this? ...

DISKRITER INFO?
Nov 19, 2009

Any info.  May be looking soon.... ...

I Was Fired From Diskriter ...
Aug 13, 2010

I was fired from diskriter because I had quality but not the quantity. ...

KEYSTROKES OR DISKRITER BEST?
Aug 25, 2010

Any preference between the 2 companies and why?  Please help me make a decision.  ...

Diskriter Info PLEASE
Nov 01, 2010

I'm going to apply with this company and would like to know how those of you who have been there a while like the company. Total honesty please. How often do you run out? Do they communicate well? I hate having to switch companies, but the work load at Webmedx has me extremely worried. I just want to work. I am a faithful employee and look forward to each anniversary with one company, long term, but I can't do this anymore. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

Anything About Diskriter Out Of Pennsylvania?
Nov 22, 2010

Does anyone here work for or know anything about Diskriter out of Pennsylvania? I'm thinking about applying with them, and I don't see any previous comments about them. ...

M Modal Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Any opinions/experiences on M Modal platform at Diskriter or on the company itself? ...

Diskriter Deception
Mar 21, 2012

More people laid off today and people still being lied to...outright lies.  I just cannot wrap my head around the whole idea that the people in management are telling the lies and executing them daily, yet saying otherwise when asked...or giving some canned response that is a total bluff.  Sad, Sad, Sad!!!!  AS they say...karma is a ______ Good luck to all of those who have suffered and lost their jobs under this playskool regime. And to India....You may type it for 1 cpl and the ...

Diskriter Lay-Offs
Apr 03, 2012

So how many others have been laid off from Diskriter?  Thinking the place is going under. ...

DiskRiter Anything Good To Say?
Jun 07, 2012

Have applied at DR, read all the negative stuff on here, is there anything good? Bad situation at present job, hate to jump from the frying pan into the fire, but the pay offered at DR is better. Can anybody help me? ...

Stay Away From Diskriter!
Sep 11, 2012

Stay away from Diskriter who has an ad on the Job Seeker's Board. I worked for them and it was THE worst experience of my life. It is a very big hospital they are referring to with lots and lots of facilities associated with it and lots and lots of account specifics. You need to have a certified degree as a rocket scientist to work for them. They chastise you and make you feel worthless. The QA will knock you down, and then you have to waste YOUR time to prove them wrong, which they always ...

Any Diskriter MTs? Are They Hiring?
Apr 17, 2014

x ...

Diskriter Still In Business
May 05, 2014

thought they were long gone.   ...

Goodbye, Diskriter
Nov 28, 2014

The S-account is fully functional and also going with another vendor as of next week and we got, what was it, 5 days' notice?  We knew it was coming but thanks much (not), Diskriter, for giving us that notice, it being holiday time and all.  Oh well, on to plan B.  Good luck coworkers.  It's my last night tonight, probably my last night transcribing after 38 years.  Can't wait to pack up this company PC and get rid of it.  I could really party if ...

Looking For Any Information (good Or Bad) For Diskriter..sm
Feb 04, 2010

Thinking of applying with Diskriter for possible radiology or acute care position.  Looking to switch from IC to employee status.  I would like to know how the work load is, starting pay, incentives, and benefits package.  Thanks for any information you can provide. ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Diskriter Or Been Contacted?
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone have any info on Diskriter or been contacted?  I rec'd a call but we missed each other.  Anything, good or bad.  I am employed right now, but always on the lookout for something else or perhaps something in addition to what I have.  Also if you did apply and tested, how was that.  Please feel free to e-mail me, if your experience cannot be posted on this board!   Thanks! ...

How Does One Apply For A Job At Diskriter? - Their Website Is
Jul 18, 2010

Thank you in advance!  By the way - anyone work there?  From what I have learned is an MT, depending on the position you are hired, may get benefits from the Diskriter or benefits from the hospital in which you are assigned?  Is that a good gig?  Hospital benefits rock!  I miss them! ...

Diskriter ... Good, Bad, Ugly?
Oct 22, 2010

Any information about Diskriter...good, bad, ugly?  Do they pay on time?  Flexible with schedules?  Thank you! ...