A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

KEYSTROKES OR DISKRITER BEST? - strawberry

Posted: Aug 25, 2010

Any preference between the 2 companies and why?  Please help me make a decision. 

I have friends that do both, and they are happy with both. - atagirl

[ In Reply To ..]
I gather from my friends that both companies are good companies. I work for KS, and I am happy.

Diskriter - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Myself and many others have recently left Diskriter. We were all there for over 5 years. RUN don't walk!

Please give some specifics on why to avoid - Diskriter. Thanks. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

do tell - or your post useless. to hit and run like makes me question you. - please give valid reasons

[ In Reply To ..]

Curious: Why do you put nm, meaning to - me no message SM

[ In Reply To ..]
at the end of your post, yet there is a message?
I brought that up; she said Because Its My Initials, - in a snippy way. Her loss. n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
I know people that do that because it torments their detractors. - atagirl
[ In Reply To ..]
They do that just to get your goat, and it is surprising how many people fall for it. Why get your panties in a wad about something that is so harmless?

I always discount this kind of hit and run answer. I assume its a - disgruntled employee or a competitor. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Keystrokes - Worked for both

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for both companies, but I am no longer with either. The problem with Diskriter is that they used the VPN access, and I used to get called all the time with someone telling me that I did not log off their VPN correctly and I caused the job to go out of turnaround, but in actuality, it was something on their end that was freezing up. When they found this out, I did not even get an apology or anything.

Keystrokes has favorites. They have a lot of whiners to the leads and just to get them out of their hair, they will pull you off an account so that someone else can transcribe. You can make money with Keystrokes if the work is there, but they expect you to work 24 hours a day. I used to get phone calls on my days off asking me to do a job because the person who was supposed to be working was not available to do the job (they just did not want to do it). Eventually, I stopped answering my phone when they called.

Now thats the type of insite we are looking for. Thank You! - about time some facts were presented N/M

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Your post is interpreting things wrong at KS. - atagirl

[ In Reply To ..]
When you get pulled off so someone else can transcribe--were you trying to make up time, taking work away from those that were regularly scheduled at that time. They will take you off if the regularly scheduled people need the work. I have heard a lot of complaints about this, but the complainers are not giving the facts. Probably every company has favorites. It is a matter of being easy to work with. If you have a chip on your shoulder, should you be surprised that no one wants to deal with you? I work in my rapport with my leads/QA people. Any professional should be doing that regularly.

They don't expect you to work 24 hours a day. That is your choice. There are times when they experience tsunamis of dictation, and they do let us know that if you need to make up time or just want the extra work, it is there. If you work the hours that most everyone works, but there is not that much dictation that comes in on those hours, you are apt to run out of work. Everyone wants to work daytime, but that produces a glut of MTs. Evenings and nights have plenty of work, but no one wants to work then. At least Keystrokes works to let us make up lost time, but it does give the illusion that this is a 24/7 job. You have to establish your borders. If I don't want to work, I don't, even if they are desperate, but I appreciate their asking.

You need to give all the facts. I have always seen that they are very willing to work with you to make sure you have enough work and even extra if they have it. And if you find a way to make yourself more important to them by doing the little things extra, you are only creating a better future for yourself with them or any company you might work for.

She gave the facts as she knows them, just as you are - Two sides to every story

[ In Reply To ..]
there are always a number of different viewpoints to every story. Just because your experience is different, does not mean that the first person's experience is null and void.
Why torment yourself with paranoia? - atagirl
[ In Reply To ..]
And that is exactly what that is--the victim mindset. We have to get ourselves out of that way of thinking, or we will sabotage our relationship with any company out there and never find a home. I found a home with Keystrokes, and I did it by cultivating positive rapport. Knee-jerk paranoia only backfires on you.

Stop all the mess - Worked for both

[ In Reply To ..]
You speak from your experience and I will speak from mine. Keystrokes is a big joke. I guess you are one of those whiners I was talking about. I told the board the truth and did not sugar coat it.
But you sound just like a bitter soul. - atagirl
[ In Reply To ..]
Attitude speaks louder than words.
You sound like upper management just trying to get people in so that you can take advantage of them. - Worked for both
[ In Reply To ..]
Now, if you are upper management, why are you just telling what is good about the company, which is not that much (you can probably count it on one hand). Keystrokes is always changing. You get hired and then here comes a lot of changes (some good and some not so good). I am sure you will agree that every company has its ups and downs, but after the same mess over and over, I found a new home with another company and they are great to work for. I have plenty of work all the time, I have a great lead, and when they make changes, it is for the better of the employees. I feel that I will be with this company for a very, very long time. I just should have made the switch a lot sooner.

If you like not knowing what is going on and poor communication, not knowing when you will have work and when you will not, working more than 1 job just to put food on the table, then Keystrokes is definitely for you. Otherwise, find another company that you will at least not have to work more than 1 job and be able to work your entire shift without having someone tell you to get off the system because it is not enough work for someone else.

So, again, tell the prospective employees just what your company is doing and/or has done in the past (keep it real) or just stop posting this nonsense. The employees of Keystrokes and former employees of Keystrokes (80%) agree with me. Hopefully, upper management sees this and they think about making changes to make Keystrokes a better working place for its employees and not just trying to get upper management rich.
She may not be mgt, but she said she is in a - place where she does not have to make that much $$
[ In Reply To ..]
Which is why she's okay with having "lulls."

The rest of us depend on our check to actually put food on the table.
No, not management. I never last as a manager. - atagirl
[ In Reply To ..]
I have done that off and on over my career, but I get too frustrated with having to babysit a bunch of nitwit whiners that want a free ride without having to work for it. I have only worked for KS about a year, and I have not experienced anything bad about them.

But if you prefer delusions, go ahead and believe what you want.

I would like to know how rigid KS is on working your schedule or are they flexible? nm - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Keystrokes scheduling - my2cents

[ In Reply To ..]
Not at all flexible and will call you if you are not logged in within 10 minutes or something like that of your shift. If you take a break that they think is too long, they will call you. If you log out 5 minutes early at the end of your shift, they will call you.

Keystrokes - Sparky

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never had that happen, though it may be related to whoever your supervisor is.

Right now I don't have a lot of work and they don't have a secondary to offer me, so why stay logged in, it eventually kicks you out anyway.
Thanks! nm - mqmt
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
But if you log out, you assure that you will get no more work. - atagirl
[ In Reply To ..]
It is easy to stay logged in and the time out is about 30-45 minutes, I think. I do laundry, wash dishes, whatever, during my lul times--but I stay logged in.
Keystrokes - Sparky
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeh you can do that in the daytime, but during the middle of the night when your family is asleep. I just get mad that they runs ads for MTs and then there ones sitting with nothing to do.
Yeah, I know what you mean. - atagirl
[ In Reply To ..]
I keep logged in and just type as the reports trickle in. I do get a lot of other work done at home with the lulls. I am in a place that I really don't have to make that much money, so I can handle the slow times. I have wondered if they over-hired when they were going to implement the tiered pay and afraid everyone would quit, but now they are not going to do tiered pay but they have all these new employees to keep busy. Also, based on their current ad, they must have gotten a new account since they are still hiring. I know I got hired once by another company that put me on one of their old accounts, and we didn't have enough work. They hired ahead of time to get us going, then transferred us to the new account when it came on board. This was wise of the MTSO to do because the outgoing company abandoned this particular hospital and we had to start about 2 months ahead of schedule. Knowing what can happen at the management level, I try to cut them some slack. When I first started to work with them, they were very sensitive to times we ran out of work. Hopefully this new account will generate secondaries to those that need them and straighten up the lack of work now.
keystrokes - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Keystrokes is not for me.
They have an ad running, doesn't make sense to not - me
[ In Reply To ..]
give existing MTs work. I worked for them for a few months and frequently ran out of work too. They didn't tell me the account was overflow only. I did get switched to an account that had more work but it was Meditech and that has got to be the worst platform available.

The position they are hiring for is C-phone and Meditech.
I'm on the account they're hiring for. It is going from overflow to full outsource. sm - KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
It uses Meditech but the version that opens into Word, so it's not so bad. I like the account and we are never out of work. Quite the opposite; they are always asking for help to catch it up. Now that it will be a full outsource, it will be even busier. I love that with Christmas is getting closer. Where did summer go?

lines on your account - KS employee also
[ In Reply To ..]
How are the lines on the account you're on? Do you make a good line average per day? I was thinking about asking to move to it instead of the one I'm on. I'm logged in and working nonstop for 8-9 or 10 hours before even I hit 1200 lines some days, and not because of lack of work either.
Lines on the account - KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
The lines are good compared to some accounts I've been on with other companies. It's the only account I've been on with Keystrokes in the 3 years I've been there, so I don't have other Keystrokes accounts to compare with the lines. I usually get between 1500 and 1700 lines per day in 8 hours. It pays 12.3 lines per dictated minute, so it can vary a bit with how fast the doctor dictates. I personally love long reports rather than short ones, better lines. I had a 46-minute report yesterday that took me about an hour to transcribe, and it was 565 lines! Then I transcribed for an hour, mostly short reports, and I only had 300 lines.

The one drawback to this account is that the person who was running it is too involved and micromanages it. She is not in charge of it anymore, but I think she trained the person who took it over because it seems the same. I just do my work and ignore their panic.
I have a bridge. - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
lines on your account - KS employee, too
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you very much for the information. That helps a lot! I think I am going to ask about it. I work a part-time job to supplement my pay. The KS account I'm on is great challengewise--I'm never bored, but it generates a lot of little reports. It is very rare to get a report above 100 lines, AND I do all work types. Even cardiac caths are small, maybe only 50 lines if that.

Micromanagement---I had to chuckle at that. I would ignore and just do my work, too. :D

Thanks again!

They expect you to be there, yes. - atagirl

[ In Reply To ..]
They have some tight turn-around times for their jobs, and with the problems they are having with MTs just wondering off is rather dramatic right now. If MTs would work their schedules, nothing would have to be said. That is why they have schedules. I don't get calls, but I am always there. I don't work a lot of extra time, but I do what I am contracted to do as far as my schedule, and because of my reputation, I don't get calls. Also, I keep them aware of what is happening before I leave my desk. The rule is after 15 minutes you get a call. Not unreasonable, and if you communicate that you need more time, not a problem.

Scheduling - IloveKeystrokes

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you are chronically missing work and signing out early and disappearing for hours I have not found this to be an issue, especially the signing off 5 minutes early part.

It depends on the account - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Some accounts have very flexible schedules and others require you to stick to a certain schedule. However, if you need time off or are going to be starting your shift late and you let them know ahead of time, they are usually very good about it.

rigid schedule - MT supervisor

[ In Reply To ..]
how rigid would a company or hospital be if you were working on site? I can't believe this is a consideration. If they give you a schedule to work then those are the hours you work. you wouldn't show up late in house would you? If so, you wouldn't have a job for long!

Oh guess I hit a nerve! I would be there probably more than I should if they would let me but if wo - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
and I just needed to get out for a while, then I was wondering if I could. I am a single parent and work as an IC right now and work more than I do anything else but sometimes you just have to get away which I can do right now. I know if you are punching a clock that is not something one can do just "whenever." Just was wondering if I could change around my schedule or work later in the day perhaps if I wanted to get out some times! I won't apologize for this as like I said, I work pretty much nonstop right now and will have a second job even if I get hired by KS as I need the money. Not wanting to "skip out" on my employer. Don't want to work for you that is for sure!

diskriter, no good, but bad and ugly - not there anymore

[ In Reply To ..]
I left there a few months ago and would be more than happy to tell you why I had a horrible experience with that company. I will tell you why to run, or better yet, fly! Please write me and I will share with you.

Keystrokes - suzy

[ In Reply To ..]
The QA people do not take responsibility for their own mistakes after they change your information, this happened to me three times, two different QA people. It also happened to two friends I referred on there to work, and one is still working there going through the same experiences. They advertise they need more MTs, but there is hardly ever any work and you have to take on multiple accounts only to get part-time lines.....backstabbing other MTs who kiss up to the QA get the good work......NO I AM NOT JOKING. Cross one, you are an outcast. You should have to work this hard to have a job! One place I worked for, an MT actually killed herself because of the BS involved internally.....

WHAT? Killed herself over a job? There was more going on there than job dissatisfaction. - QA for KS

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been watching this board for a while and notice that you always have something negative to say about KS. If you hated it so much, why did you refer 2 friends?

I am going to clue you in on something: You don't know much about KS. If you did, you would know that only 3 or 4 out of hundreds of accounts have a QA team.

The account that I am on is very busy and most accounts are. They are advertising because one account is going to full outsource from partial and because there are new accounts. I know of 4 that are starting, and I only talk to my manager, so there could be many more. I keep seeing a few people posting that there is hardly any work. That might be true on a few accounts, although I have not heard that.

If someone is having that experience with QA that you talk about, they need to take it to their lead or higher. No one should be treating someone poorly. I am QA and I don't have any kiss-ups or backstabbers in the MT's that I work with. I am sure it happens, as I am sure that it happens anywhere, but it is definitely not all accounts or all QA or all of Keystrokes.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes, Diskriter Or Freedom Type, Any Info?
Dec 22, 2009

Need info on Freedom Type, Keystrokes or Diskriter.  I live in Okla and worked for a local service until recently. They downsized and cut the transcription dept. I now have a job with Medquist but can't get any work through them. Like most, I need a paycheck, not just a job title. I'm looking for a good company to work for who is honest and provides a work load that is not constantly running out. I've seen some good reviews on these 3 companies but any current info or opinion ...

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Diskriter?
Jul 27, 2010

I am just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Diskriter.   Thanks ...

WHAT Is Going On With DISKRITER
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody know reasons for the strangeness lately?  Seriously... things are a bit well unusual... maybe it is me... ...

Anybody Know What Is Going On At Diskriter?
Nov 06, 2011

Work is low and just a strange sense in the air.  I have my own theories, but would be interested in any ideas.   ...

Thank You, Diskriter!!
Dec 23, 2011

I have been happily working for Diskriter for the past few years, and I just got an amazon gift card for the holidays!  They thanked me for my hard work this year.  I LOVE this company; it is nice to know that I am appreciated!!!   What a nice touch.  Happy Holidays, all! ...

Anybody Know What's Up With Diskriter?
Oct 21, 2013

Anybody know what's up with Diskriter?  Got laid off Friday, now can't get ahold of Hr to retrieve my 401K. ...

Diskriter Anything?
Jul 16, 2014

What can anyone tell me about Diskriter?  How is the QA dept from both the QAS point of view and the MT point of view.  How is the company to work for?  Good and bad ? ...

Has Anyone Seen The Ad From Diskriter On
Aug 26, 2014

They pay 5.5 cents a line for STRAIGHT typing?  Are they insane?  I hope they don't think any of us are THAT desperate.  WTH? ...

Diskriter
Sep 02, 2014

Does anyone have any information or opinions regarding Diskriter?  I was wondering if they were a good company to possibly work for. ...

Diskriter Outsources
Oct 20, 2009

I did not realize that Diskriter outsoursces.   Has anyone else knowledge of this? ...

DISKRITER INFO?
Nov 19, 2009

Any info.  May be looking soon.... ...

I Was Fired From Diskriter ...
Aug 13, 2010

I was fired from diskriter because I had quality but not the quantity. ...

Diskriter Info PLEASE
Nov 01, 2010

I'm going to apply with this company and would like to know how those of you who have been there a while like the company. Total honesty please. How often do you run out? Do they communicate well? I hate having to switch companies, but the work load at Webmedx has me extremely worried. I just want to work. I am a faithful employee and look forward to each anniversary with one company, long term, but I can't do this anymore. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

Anything About Diskriter Out Of Pennsylvania?
Nov 22, 2010

Does anyone here work for or know anything about Diskriter out of Pennsylvania? I'm thinking about applying with them, and I don't see any previous comments about them. ...

M Modal Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Any opinions/experiences on M Modal platform at Diskriter or on the company itself? ...

The Demise Of Diskriter
Feb 11, 2012

As a long time MT at DR, I find the undoing of Diskriter to be most upsetting.  Anyone else have any thoughts?  People have left in great numbers and continue to leave.  Global has taken all but a small amount of our work in TR....and those in management could care less about us.  I am moving on, but just wondered if others have had this experience?   ...

Diskriter Deception
Mar 21, 2012

More people laid off today and people still being lied to...outright lies.  I just cannot wrap my head around the whole idea that the people in management are telling the lies and executing them daily, yet saying otherwise when asked...or giving some canned response that is a total bluff.  Sad, Sad, Sad!!!!  AS they say...karma is a ______ Good luck to all of those who have suffered and lost their jobs under this playskool regime. And to India....You may type it for 1 cpl and the ...

Diskriter Lay-Offs
Apr 03, 2012

So how many others have been laid off from Diskriter?  Thinking the place is going under. ...

DiskRiter Anything Good To Say?
Jun 07, 2012

Have applied at DR, read all the negative stuff on here, is there anything good? Bad situation at present job, hate to jump from the frying pan into the fire, but the pay offered at DR is better. Can anybody help me? ...

Stay Away From Diskriter!
Sep 11, 2012

Stay away from Diskriter who has an ad on the Job Seeker's Board. I worked for them and it was THE worst experience of my life. It is a very big hospital they are referring to with lots and lots of facilities associated with it and lots and lots of account specifics. You need to have a certified degree as a rocket scientist to work for them. They chastise you and make you feel worthless. The QA will knock you down, and then you have to waste YOUR time to prove them wrong, which they always ...

Any Diskriter MTs? Are They Hiring?
Apr 17, 2014

x ...

Diskriter Still In Business
May 05, 2014

thought they were long gone.   ...

Goodbye, Diskriter
Nov 28, 2014

The S-account is fully functional and also going with another vendor as of next week and we got, what was it, 5 days' notice?  We knew it was coming but thanks much (not), Diskriter, for giving us that notice, it being holiday time and all.  Oh well, on to plan B.  Good luck coworkers.  It's my last night tonight, probably my last night transcribing after 38 years.  Can't wait to pack up this company PC and get rid of it.  I could really party if ...

Looking For Any Information (good Or Bad) For Diskriter..sm
Feb 04, 2010

Thinking of applying with Diskriter for possible radiology or acute care position.  Looking to switch from IC to employee status.  I would like to know how the work load is, starting pay, incentives, and benefits package.  Thanks for any information you can provide. ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Diskriter Or Been Contacted?
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone have any info on Diskriter or been contacted?  I rec'd a call but we missed each other.  Anything, good or bad.  I am employed right now, but always on the lookout for something else or perhaps something in addition to what I have.  Also if you did apply and tested, how was that.  Please feel free to e-mail me, if your experience cannot be posted on this board!   Thanks! ...

How Does One Apply For A Job At Diskriter? - Their Website Is
Jul 18, 2010

Thank you in advance!  By the way - anyone work there?  From what I have learned is an MT, depending on the position you are hired, may get benefits from the Diskriter or benefits from the hospital in which you are assigned?  Is that a good gig?  Hospital benefits rock!  I miss them! ...

Diskriter ... Good, Bad, Ugly?
Oct 22, 2010

Any information about Diskriter...good, bad, ugly?  Do they pay on time?  Flexible with schedules?  Thank you! ...

QC Editing At Nuance Or MT At Diskriter?
May 10, 2011

I am offered a position as a QC editor at Nuance. I typically have done hourly QA work, so this is a little difference because it's paid on production.  Does anyone work in this position or have you and how is it? Can you make a decent living? Alternatively, I was offered a position as an MT at Diskriter but that's a step down from my usual QA work. Any input on that job?   Thanks! ...