A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody know what's up with Diskriter? - Baffled

Posted: Oct 21, 2013

Anybody know what's up with Diskriter?  Got laid off Friday, now can't get ahold of Hr to retrieve my 401K.

They cheated me out of my vacation pay a couple of years ago. sm - Does not bode well

[ In Reply To ..]
Lousy pay, lousy communication. Glad I'm gone. They can keep their chintzy wages to themselves.

401K - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have a third party that handles your 401k? Like Fidelity or similar? If so, I would suggest contacting them directly.

Diskriter - Baffled

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, contacted them and I have to get ahold of Diskriter to get distribution form, said he is away with no coverage, so I contacted the rep for the finance institute, waiting to hear back.

401K - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
1 guy and no coverage? That's a load of cow pat. Good luck! I hope the financial institution can further help in some way.
Diskriter - Baffled
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree Anon. However, I am prepared to fight if I have to. Thanks for the good luck, they're gonna get tired of me for sure.
401K - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Go get 'em tiger! =] If you do happen to run into any major issues, you'll want to contact the Department of Labor. They handle these issues.

Diskriter - FEDUPMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Was just let go by Diskriter. They did me a huge favor. Wasn't going to quit, made them fire me. They are horrible people. It was a good place to work until the Indians bought it. They ran it into the ground. They've since lost 2 of their 3 biggest accounts. Bout to lose their 3rd. They send 90% of their work to their 4 companies in India. They lie and cheat. They have no respect or appreciation for anyone but their own. They are refusing to pay me my last hours worked, PTO, my equipment deposit and are holding my 401K. I called both the Department of Labor in Pennsylvania and Michigan and was told that they are to have the above to me a couple days after termination or the next pay period or I'm to file a complaint with both Depts. I called Lincoln Financial Group and they told me to get my 401K out of there ASAP. To tell them to send a withdrawal slip immediately. DR tells me Anthony is on leave and handles that. No he does not. Its Laveena! She is the one that does. They let the HR director go, the HIM director walked out on them she was so disgusted with them. My super as well as others were let,just up and locked out. If anyone was thinking of applying DON'T and for those still left there, get out now, or start looking so you have an alternate plan because clock is running and days are counting down.

Diskriter - Stressed Out

[ In Reply To ..]
Fed Up MT, I'm in the same boat and I know of at least one other person going through this as well. I have also contacted WW Actuarial Services because apparently they handle Diskriter's retirement plan in some way. They treated me like crap, that money is mine and I will get it. I'll look into legal procedures if I don't get an answer from them soon.

Diskriter - beware - tappytype

[ In Reply To ..]
Diskriter used to be an amazing company when Mr. Baker was part of the company. After the company was sold, the sole goal was to outsource and defraud the clients. Over billing, misleading clients about where work is being done, letting people go that were knowledgeable and filling positions with useless minions in management who do not know the laws and are willing to compromise themselves for a job. Very surprised that this company has not folded yet or that the federal authorities have not started investigation of their practices. If clients think that work is being done in the US (as the contracts state) that is a lie. All work is sent to India and very minimal QA is done in the US. It is a game of words with this company. 401K disbursements are delayed by at least 30 days. Bills are not paid until shut off notices are received and they only pay the minimums. This is not the way to do business. Good luck to anyone that is considering this company.

Diskriter - outahere

[ In Reply To ..]
I heard they are part of Nuance now. Do yourself a favor, file for unemployment.

Hey Baffled - which account were you working... - betsy

[ In Reply To ..]
...if you don't mind my asking. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop myself.

Diskriter - Baffled

[ In Reply To ..]
Betsy, I was on Concord, St. Mary and Virtual prior.

Diskriter - StressedOut

[ In Reply To ..]
Sunday was my last day with Diskriter. I did get an e-mail from Anthony with the forms to fill out to get my 401k, it's probably going to take forever. If you want to send me a reply by e-mail I'll forward the attachment to you.

Diskriter - Baffled

[ In Reply To ..]
I got ahold of the rep for Lincolnand he will send me the forms. Thanks for your help.

File an ERISA complaint online! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Management of all benefits, including 401K, is governed by the federal government and ERISA regulations. Audits are like up 1000%, and penalties for mismanagement of employee benefits are hefty! Google ERISA complaint and you can file online. Very easy process. These MTSOs are not complying with the law on this stuff.

Umm, why? - anon the original

[ In Reply To ..]
On what basis would you file a complaint at this time? 401K monies are never released the same day as termination. There is a process to follow, and the governing rules of the plan determine this time frame. If she has received the forms, there's no need to file a complaint at this time. I'd hate to see the OP and the subsequent poster waste their time by following invalid advice.

Also, the Department of Labor handles all 401K issues and enforcement of ERISA laws, fyi.
Rules to be followed regarding time limits-nm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
And they would be what, exactly? - anon the original
[ In Reply To ..]
At this point, there is no time limit issue--the posters just got their distribution forms.

More information for you, from http://www.401k.org/401k-faq.php

How long can my former company hold my account balance from my date of termination?

There is no quick, general answer. There are four factors that affect the timing of your distribution:

1. The plan itself may provide a time frame which should be documented in your plan documentation or summary plan description. In some rare cases, distributions are not made until the participant has reached retirement age, usually defined as age 65, even if the participant terminated employment much earlier.

2. Your distribution cannot be processed until after the next valuation date when the plan determines the account balances of participants. Companies can determine account balances daily, monthly, quarterly, semiannually or even annually.

3. How your money is invested can affect how long it will take for you to get your distribution. While most investments can be liquidated quickly, a few, such as some real estate investments, may take longer.

4. Processing your paperwork after the valuation date can take a few days or a few weeks depending on how your plan is managed.

It is important for you to know that your company wants you to have your money just as soon as you do. The company is responsible for and must pay fees on your account balance for as long as your money remains in the plan.

Similar Messages:

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Diskriter?
Jul 27, 2010

I am just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Diskriter.   Thanks ...

WHAT Is Going On With DISKRITER
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody know reasons for the strangeness lately?  Seriously... things are a bit well unusual... maybe it is me... ...

Anybody Know What Is Going On At Diskriter?
Nov 06, 2011

Work is low and just a strange sense in the air.  I have my own theories, but would be interested in any ideas.   ...

Thank You, Diskriter!!
Dec 23, 2011

I have been happily working for Diskriter for the past few years, and I just got an amazon gift card for the holidays!  They thanked me for my hard work this year.  I LOVE this company; it is nice to know that I am appreciated!!!   What a nice touch.  Happy Holidays, all! ...

Diskriter Anything?
Jul 16, 2014

What can anyone tell me about Diskriter?  How is the QA dept from both the QAS point of view and the MT point of view.  How is the company to work for?  Good and bad ? ...

Has Anyone Seen The Ad From Diskriter On
Aug 26, 2014

They pay 5.5 cents a line for STRAIGHT typing?  Are they insane?  I hope they don't think any of us are THAT desperate.  WTH? ...

Diskriter
Sep 02, 2014

Does anyone have any information or opinions regarding Diskriter?  I was wondering if they were a good company to possibly work for. ...

Diskriter Outsources
Oct 20, 2009

I did not realize that Diskriter outsoursces.   Has anyone else knowledge of this? ...

DISKRITER INFO?
Nov 19, 2009

Any info.  May be looking soon.... ...

I Was Fired From Diskriter ...
Aug 13, 2010

I was fired from diskriter because I had quality but not the quantity. ...

KEYSTROKES OR DISKRITER BEST?
Aug 25, 2010

Any preference between the 2 companies and why?  Please help me make a decision.  ...

Diskriter Info PLEASE
Nov 01, 2010

I'm going to apply with this company and would like to know how those of you who have been there a while like the company. Total honesty please. How often do you run out? Do they communicate well? I hate having to switch companies, but the work load at Webmedx has me extremely worried. I just want to work. I am a faithful employee and look forward to each anniversary with one company, long term, but I can't do this anymore. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

Anything About Diskriter Out Of Pennsylvania?
Nov 22, 2010

Does anyone here work for or know anything about Diskriter out of Pennsylvania? I'm thinking about applying with them, and I don't see any previous comments about them. ...

M Modal Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Any opinions/experiences on M Modal platform at Diskriter or on the company itself? ...

The Demise Of Diskriter
Feb 11, 2012

As a long time MT at DR, I find the undoing of Diskriter to be most upsetting.  Anyone else have any thoughts?  People have left in great numbers and continue to leave.  Global has taken all but a small amount of our work in TR....and those in management could care less about us.  I am moving on, but just wondered if others have had this experience?   ...

Diskriter Deception
Mar 21, 2012

More people laid off today and people still being lied to...outright lies.  I just cannot wrap my head around the whole idea that the people in management are telling the lies and executing them daily, yet saying otherwise when asked...or giving some canned response that is a total bluff.  Sad, Sad, Sad!!!!  AS they say...karma is a ______ Good luck to all of those who have suffered and lost their jobs under this playskool regime. And to India....You may type it for 1 cpl and the ...

Diskriter Lay-Offs
Apr 03, 2012

So how many others have been laid off from Diskriter?  Thinking the place is going under. ...

DiskRiter Anything Good To Say?
Jun 07, 2012

Have applied at DR, read all the negative stuff on here, is there anything good? Bad situation at present job, hate to jump from the frying pan into the fire, but the pay offered at DR is better. Can anybody help me? ...

Stay Away From Diskriter!
Sep 11, 2012

Stay away from Diskriter who has an ad on the Job Seeker's Board. I worked for them and it was THE worst experience of my life. It is a very big hospital they are referring to with lots and lots of facilities associated with it and lots and lots of account specifics. You need to have a certified degree as a rocket scientist to work for them. They chastise you and make you feel worthless. The QA will knock you down, and then you have to waste YOUR time to prove them wrong, which they always ...

Any Diskriter MTs? Are They Hiring?
Apr 17, 2014

x ...

Diskriter Still In Business
May 05, 2014

thought they were long gone.   ...

Goodbye, Diskriter
Nov 28, 2014

The S-account is fully functional and also going with another vendor as of next week and we got, what was it, 5 days' notice?  We knew it was coming but thanks much (not), Diskriter, for giving us that notice, it being holiday time and all.  Oh well, on to plan B.  Good luck coworkers.  It's my last night tonight, probably my last night transcribing after 38 years.  Can't wait to pack up this company PC and get rid of it.  I could really party if ...

Looking For Any Information (good Or Bad) For Diskriter..sm
Feb 04, 2010

Thinking of applying with Diskriter for possible radiology or acute care position.  Looking to switch from IC to employee status.  I would like to know how the work load is, starting pay, incentives, and benefits package.  Thanks for any information you can provide. ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Diskriter Or Been Contacted?
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone have any info on Diskriter or been contacted?  I rec'd a call but we missed each other.  Anything, good or bad.  I am employed right now, but always on the lookout for something else or perhaps something in addition to what I have.  Also if you did apply and tested, how was that.  Please feel free to e-mail me, if your experience cannot be posted on this board!   Thanks! ...

How Does One Apply For A Job At Diskriter? - Their Website Is
Jul 18, 2010

Thank you in advance!  By the way - anyone work there?  From what I have learned is an MT, depending on the position you are hired, may get benefits from the Diskriter or benefits from the hospital in which you are assigned?  Is that a good gig?  Hospital benefits rock!  I miss them! ...

Diskriter ... Good, Bad, Ugly?
Oct 22, 2010

Any information about Diskriter...good, bad, ugly?  Do they pay on time?  Flexible with schedules?  Thank you! ...

QC Editing At Nuance Or MT At Diskriter?
May 10, 2011

I am offered a position as a QC editor at Nuance. I typically have done hourly QA work, so this is a little difference because it's paid on production.  Does anyone work in this position or have you and how is it? Can you make a decent living? Alternatively, I was offered a position as an MT at Diskriter but that's a step down from my usual QA work. Any input on that job?   Thanks! ...

What Is The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly With Diskriter?
May 19, 2011

What is the good, the bad, and the ugly with Diskriter?  I am looking for information about pay, benefits, how strict they are when it comes to schedules, management, available work, etc.  If you are new there, how was the interview?  Was there a lot of rah-rah gibberish about how great they are to reel you in or was it professional and straight to the point?  According to what I read in the archives they send you a computer, which is a bonus!  I have been with my present company for 8 ...