A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes - both positives and negatives - wondering

Posted: Jul 21, 2012

I want to hear from the long-term gals there their feelings on Keystrokes - I have seen both positives and negatives - what I want is input from those who have been there and seen people come and go, work come and go, and do their work efficiently without problems....do they pay for your skills and reliability? Or is it just a "this is what we pay" gig....I expect I'll get some comments from those who are disgruntled, but an HONEST observation is what I am looking for. TY.

Wow! Surprised to see you haven't gotten responses - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not a long time MT with them, but I do like it. The pay is low though. I haven't been there long enough to inquire about a pay raise, but my work is praised almost daily, so I would hope that when I do ask it will not be a problem for them to pay for quality. I'd be curious to hear from other MTs as well who have been there a long time.

I have been there for almost 8 years and still love it. sm - Long-time KS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I rarely post on here because of the bashers. Over the 8 years that I have been there, I have seen some changes but the basics are still there. I have enought work, all that I want, and actually do about 25,000 lines per pay period. I have seen great MTs and horrible MTs and am glad that they do not keep the horrible ones.

There are many of us who have been there for a long time, many longer than me. I am not talking a few dozen; I am talking a few hundred.

I know that they have lowered their starting pay for new employees in the last few years, but I think that is due to competing with offshore companies. I still bring home a good paycheck, and it has been on time every time but 3 or 4 in 8 years and never late for more than a day (except once but a letter was sent from the bank and it was 3 days, several years ago).

I have had the same manager for most of my time with KS, and I have talked to the owner a few times, all good experiences. I do not want to be a lead or a manager, so as long as I do my work and work when I am supposed to, they leave me alone. When I have a question or send an email, it is answered quickly.

I have seen a few posts where haters say that the company has grown too big and is only about the money. I really don't think this is true. Yes, they are bigger now, but I think that they still care about their employees and try to improve.

As for accounts coming and going, I only know of 2 accounts EVER that were lost because of something that KS did. There was a big one that was lost last year due to the biggest company playing dirty (something about the technology as we were on Docuscribe). The others that have been lost have been due to either VR or EMR, but not many, and they always have new accounts starting.

All in all, I am very happy. My days are full, my paychecks are enough to support myself and my family, and I have no complaints other than the cost of health insurance.

I hope this helps; I feel that KS is a great company and worth the try.

LoveKeystrokes - HappyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been with Keystrokes that long, but so far, I love it! They are very helpful. I have a great coordinator. The company is great. I also say it is worth a try. So many people love it, but I am sure there are haters out there, but why do they hate?? Possibly it is themselves to look at and not the actual company!

KS? - MTslave

[ In Reply To ..]
My company was bought out by the All Mighty M*Modal (MQ) a couple months back. I've debated on whether or not to apply to KS due to such hateful posts I've seen on here, so it's refreshing to see positive input! Could anyone offer info on the cpl pay, character count, and line count requirement?
What company were you with? The company I was with sold to MM and I went with KS. - Happy Again
[ In Reply To ..]
The company I used to work for in FL was bought by MM in November. I lasted 2 months, went to KS and have been very happy. The owner of the old company and the owner of KS are friends, and they have taken good care of me.
I was with - MTslave
[ In Reply To ..]
US Transcription...I LOVED my job with them. When they sold out in May, I refused employment with MM. I had worked for them many years ago when I first started out and was not about to re-live that nightmare. I haven't applied to KS as of yet because I'm hoping to gather a few more details before I put the time in to testing, etc.

Similar Messages:

Etransplus Pay, Negatives, Positives
Mar 29, 2010

Any information is appreciated. Thanks ...

INSCRIBE Negatives And Positives?
Mar 17, 2015

I submitted application for Inscribe. Does anybody know anything about this company - negatives and positives?  ...

Positives And Negatives For Working For Softscript
Oct 06, 2011

Just looking for positives and negatives for working for Softscript before I go through all the testing! Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated!! ...

I Know All The Negatives About This Job But
Feb 10, 2012

can anyone state their own positives.  I need something to keep me going today.  Thanks! ...

Any Info On Wordzxpressed? Pay On Time? Any Negatives?
Jan 11, 2010

nm ...

The Positives....
Mar 07, 2010

What are your positives?  I already read all of the negatives and there are plenty of those.  How about positives?  Let's go in an entire different direction. There is no need to name your company.  Just look around you.  Are there positives?      ...

Offshore Any Positives For US Mt's?
Oct 17, 2009

I've never posted and this is only the second visit.  I'm someone who was seriously considering MTec but has switched to planning for Andrews School.  I broke my arm - it is closer to healing though, and I am back on track to enroll.  I laid to rest thoughts of worry I had about Speech Recognition and now need to do the same with offshoring.  Are there any trends which point in a positive direction for us mt's - any reason for them to think they would be p ...

Nuance Positives
Jan 05, 2015

Okay - let's see if we can come up with some positives of Nuance.  As with every job/company, there are plenty of negatives, but let's see if we can come up with some positives.  I, for one, love my hours.  They're perfect for me and my family.  Who's with me on this -- trying to think of some positives about our jobs? ...

The Transcription Doctors - Positives ?
Nov 15, 2011

Does anyone have anly positives to report about this company?  Thanks!! ...

Any Positives Working For Nuance?
Mar 29, 2013

Is there anything positive about working for Nuance?  What's it like working on the eScription and Dictaphone ExText platforms?  What are your average line counts on those platforms?  I can average 400+ lph working on a clinic account, but I get to use lots of word expanders and templates, it's all straight typing as well.  I read somewhere they just made cuts in pay, was that across the board and how much of a cut was it?  I read that they start out at 4 ...

If You Are Looking For A Great Company, I Would Like To Share Some Positives About Opti-Script. Sm
Mar 15, 2011

For the first time in a very long time, I am excited about a job.  The people are absolutely wonderful and it truly has the feeling of family.  The platform is great (ExText) and I love my account.  No one ever pays me what I think I'm worth, of course (smile), but the pay is decent for being an employee and the insurance is affordable.  People leave you alone to do your job, but they are always available if you need something.  I applied awhile back and the positio ...

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...

Anyone Has Gotten Their W2 Yet From Keystrokes?
Jan 28, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their W2 yet from Keystrokes? ...

Any One Know If Keystrokes Sent Out
Mar 04, 2011

for reimbursement for overdraft fees?  would be curious to know  . . . thanking you in advance ...

Keystrokes Sm
Sep 16, 2011

Noticed they posted a job for the night shift.  For those who have worked this shift or are working this shift for Keystrokes, is there enough work.  Seems never to be enough work and that would be murder staying away for no work.   :-/ ...

Keystrokes?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone have any information on this company?  ...

Keystrokes Anyone???
Apr 25, 2012

Does anyone work for Keystrokes that has any information about the company?  Really need some input....Tks ...

I Think I Got The Job With Keystrokes!!!
May 14, 2012

Please, no negative talk....somebody be positive and be happy with me.  ...

How Much SR Is There At Keystrokes?
Jun 06, 2012

Was told by recruiter the account was about 50/50? Think this would be a typical assumption of their accounts? (Have been told this before and it was way highter...like in the 90/10 range). Thanks in advance. ...

What Will I Like About Keystrokes?
Jun 12, 2012

Yes, I know there are negatives regarding just about every MT company, but I am just about to start with Keystrokes and I'm trying to stay positive and be excited about it, so I would love to hear the good stuff about working for the company and what I can look forward to as I get started. Thanks guys!! ...

Anyone Doing VR At Keystrokes
Jun 21, 2012

How is it? The trainer says it is one of the easiest platforms to learn on if you've never done it. Said the threshold is set high at like 85% (not sure what that means) and it proves to be very lucrative for some. Anyone have any experience with it they could share? Not only am I new to Keystrokes, totally new to VR as well. Thanks in advance! ...