A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How much SR is there at Keystrokes? - anon

Posted: Jun 06, 2012

Was told by recruiter the account was about 50/50? Think this would be a typical assumption of their accounts? (Have been told this before and it was way highter...like in the 90/10 range). Thanks in advance.

see inside.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told by recruiter is would be about 50/50, as well, but probably depends on account. BUT I was also told these are "pooled accounts" where all MTs are on at one time, so more than likely a lot of cherry pickin' going on, and newcomer would get most of the SR. but that is just an assumption. Not sure. But that's the way it was where I worked somewhere else. If you didn't know how to "work the system" you ended up with the crap.

So you can really pick and choose? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So, the posts I've read about cherry picking work at KS is correct? You are able to do that? Awww man, that doesn't sound good at all. I just don't know what to do. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

You are basing that on what someone assumes would happen. It does not. - KS Lead MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Cherry picking is not allowed, and I know that MT's have been written up and even fired because of it. As a lead, I monitor that on my accounts, and I know that others do to.

Pooled accounts with Keystrokes does not mean a national pool. It means that there is a set group of MT's assigned to an account and that all the MT's assigned to that account get the same work, not individual doctors. There is no other way to do it with hospital accounts.

There were some accusations on here a while back that the leads are the cherry pickers. It was insulting and untrue. I didn't bother to argue it as the people on here who get nasty tend to get really ugly.
Whew! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Well that's very good to hear. I do realize you have to take everything you read here with a grain of salt. Wasn't forming an absolute opinion, just thinking that would be totally unfair. Thank you for an inside perspective. The company so far sounds truly great!!
yes, but..... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
please take note that she said that "some were written up and even fired for it." That means that the "ability" to cherry pick is still there. It does not mean that it does not happen. It just means that those that were written up or fired were "caught" doing it, is all.
The ability is there at any company and even in hospitals I have worked at in the past. sm - RealityCheck
[ In Reply To ..]
Just because the ability is there does not mean that it is done, although no one can control every person every minute of every day. MT's should have high enough ethical standards to not cheat, but we all know that is not always the case.
99.9% - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
ALL cherry picked where I last worked (not KS), including the account manager! Every single day, all day long. It was "not allowed" there either, but nothing was ever done about it. Ethics?? HA! These days it is "I am going to do it to you before you do it to me." and a major reason why I left that place. Assigned doctors is the best way to eliminate the problem completely and TAT does not have to suffer that way either, if the account manager knows what she is doing. It also eliminates over-staffing and lack of work. JMO.
Whew! - anon also
[ In Reply To ..]
The grass is always greener so if you like no work, nasty e-mails, etc., go for it. Perhaps someone can tell me how after a great year,suddenly no work, awful dictators, good reviews, everything turns to crap!!!
The truth would be nice. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Can't watch for cherry pickers if you are posting. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
It is not my job to babysit, nor am I on first shift. sm - KS Lead MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I work from 3p - 11p and am posting when not working. How about you?
love it - when
[ In Reply To ..]
people assume that posters are posting while they are working, like everybody works 24/7 and has no free time, get a grip people
If you are not "babysitting" then how do you know or not if cherry picking is going on? - Just assuming it is not?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I am done with this. No matter what I say, I will be doubted. - KS Lead MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I watch it but do not have to watch it every second and babysit. I have a great team on my account. I can tell by looking at job lister if reports have been skipped and as I am on transcribing as well, it is obvious that it is FIFO or I would be getting all horrible dictators. I do monitor, but I don't obsess because the team I have working with me is fantastic.

For the person who said that individual doctors assigned is best, that is unrealistic. There are over 1200 doctors at the hospital that we cover for this account. Some only dictate a few times a year. TAT would be out the window. Yes, that works for small clinics or individual physician offices, but not for hospitals.

I am going to get ready to get to work soon, and will not be on anymore tonight, but even if I was off, I would not be. It has truly gotten disgusting here where no one can say something positive or nice without others attacking.

What happened to this board? It used to be informative and entertaining. Now it is ugly, full of hate and bashers, accusations and lies.
KEYSTROKES - Marilyn
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Keystrokes and whether "cherry picking" goes on in the account I work on I don't know! I know I never do it, but one think I do know is this...I work a clinic account that KS could easily assign us each certain doctors and they should, but they won't. This account is overstaffed, never has enough work and you sit and wait for hours for something to type. It's a large clinic account that got out of TAT one time and they apparently went crazy and overhired and now won't get rid of any of those extra people now that it is back in TAT. It's a great account, one of the best I've ever worked on, but if you can't make a living and get enough work what's the point? So to the KS Lead who just posted here, yes I think KS is a good company and I would never consider leaving except you won't use good sense and assign doctors on a clinic account to prevent losing good MTs because they have no work! Think about it!

And may I add, I am NOT a novice offering this advice KS! I have been in medical transcription 20+ years, worked for hospitals, large clinics and owned my owned business and it only makes sense to assign clinic physicians! It keeps your MTs happy, makes them more productive, and above all totally prevents "cherry picking" and most of all over hiring on accounts! It's a win-win situation for everyone and why companies as large as KS can't see this is beyond me!!
Did you respond to their survey this week about wanting more volume? sm - Not OP
[ In Reply To ..]
I am on a hospital account like the lead said that he or she is on so I don't know a lot about the clinic accounts but I do know that if you talk to them, they will get you more work. I also know that they are hiring for an eScription account with clinics because they asked around to see who knows eScription before putting out an ad. It's at least worth a try if you like working there. My other suggestion is to contact either the owner or KB. Both are approachable and do help when asked.
KSMT - CuriousMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I also work at KS. I love it but I already have 2 accounts. Should I ask for a third one? I do agree they overhire.
KS More Bull - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You can ask, but I doubt you would get it, been there, done that, couldn't take nasty e-mails to work on my days off because there was no work during the week. Nuf said!
KS Marilyn - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
So if leads assign "good dictators" to pets and "good MTs" that leaves crap for everyone else right? Perhaps getting rid of MTs not qualified is better, but alas, no because they are probably paid less, doesn't matter if they aren't any good.
KS CLINIC ACCOUNTS - Marilyn
[ In Reply To ..]
It really doesn't matter to me that KS refuses to assign physicians to MTs on this clinic account. However, it does matter to me that they tend to overhire and then not correct the problem, probably losing good MTs in the process because of lack of work! Like so many other people who has posted on this board, I'm tired of changing jobs and really love KS and this account, but for 2 days I have literally had no work! And yes, I did most definitely answer the survey they sent out at the first of the week and I have begged on numerous occasions for more work, but it seems to fall on deaf ears.
most of the good, ethical, play by the rules - still hanging in there
[ In Reply To ..]
MTs have stopped logging on to this board. Why waste our time when such worthless, time wasting bashing is going on. Information is so rare on this board anymore that I rarely log on, and I definitely RARELY respond to anything, cuz it will just start another string of bashing remarks. So, I am with you KS lead MT, why bother anymore.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...

Anyone Has Gotten Their W2 Yet From Keystrokes?
Jan 28, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their W2 yet from Keystrokes? ...

Any One Know If Keystrokes Sent Out
Mar 04, 2011

for reimbursement for overdraft fees?  would be curious to know  . . . thanking you in advance ...

Keystrokes Sm
Sep 16, 2011

Noticed they posted a job for the night shift.  For those who have worked this shift or are working this shift for Keystrokes, is there enough work.  Seems never to be enough work and that would be murder staying away for no work.   :-/ ...

Keystrokes?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone have any information on this company?  ...

Keystrokes Anyone???
Apr 25, 2012

Does anyone work for Keystrokes that has any information about the company?  Really need some input....Tks ...

I Think I Got The Job With Keystrokes!!!
May 14, 2012

Please, no negative talk....somebody be positive and be happy with me.  ...

What Will I Like About Keystrokes?
Jun 12, 2012

Yes, I know there are negatives regarding just about every MT company, but I am just about to start with Keystrokes and I'm trying to stay positive and be excited about it, so I would love to hear the good stuff about working for the company and what I can look forward to as I get started. Thanks guys!! ...

Anyone Doing VR At Keystrokes
Jun 21, 2012

How is it? The trainer says it is one of the easiest platforms to learn on if you've never done it. Said the threshold is set high at like 85% (not sure what that means) and it proves to be very lucrative for some. Anyone have any experience with it they could share? Not only am I new to Keystrokes, totally new to VR as well. Thanks in advance! ...

Keystrokes - Is It Still The Same?
Jul 16, 2013

Many years ago I worked there for a short time because their voice files were of such poor quality. Is it still the same? ...

Anyone Know About Keystrokes? How Much
Nov 06, 2013

do they pay. Ad says they pay per hour.  Applied to them.  Would like some feedback please? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me About Keystrokes? I Just
Nov 06, 2013

applied and was hoping for some info on them.  The ad says they pay by the hour which I am psyched about!  Does anyone know how much or how they work this?  Thanks! ...

Keystrokes Pay
Mar 03, 2014

A few years back, I was cut in pay at Keystrokes.  Do you know if they are going to eventually give us a raise or that money back?  They seem to be hiring more and more and some of the pay that is offered is more than I currently am getting.  I wanted to advance in pay, not go down in pay! ...

Keystrokes Anyone
Mar 31, 2014

I put in an application at Keystrokes and was sent a test to take.  I cant remember if they are VR or straight typing and also if they are compatible with windows 8.  I looked through the archives, but I don't see a lot on this company.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Keystrokes - Buh-bye BB
Nov 06, 2014

So rumor has it that an original KS employee has decided to leave the nest and venture out with another company.  WOW...I thought she was a fixture there.  I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks, huh.  Wonder if it was her idea, or theirs (which is more likely the reason).  Oh well, let's see who's next???? Perhaps that wonderful Coordinator that everyone loves and fears...you know, the frustrated teacher wannabe!!!!  ...

Keystrokes Ad
Jan 08, 2015

at this company?  They have had several ads recently.  Thanks. ...

Keystrokes VR Pay
Jan 13, 2015

Current employees of Keystrokes, could you tell me what they pay for Voice Recognition editing and straight typing?? ...

Any CA Keystrokes MTs Out There?
Apr 24, 2015

x ...

Anything About Keystrokes Transcription?
Oct 20, 2009

Does anyone know anything about Keystrokes Transcription?  I have been burned by a company that posted a job on this site, so I try to check things out now before jumping..... ...

Keystrokes Better Than Spheris
Oct 20, 2009

I currently work at Spheris but I would like to find out how things are at Keystrokes. I appreciate any information good or bad.   Thanks ...

Keystrokes Hiring?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm a bit confused with Keystrokes.  The ad they have placed here indicates wanting 40 people for new accounts, etc.  However, I just received an email about job openings for only 2 very heavy ESL 1-9 shifts.  I don't understand why they would have this ad and yet only be sending info about only the 2 jobs.  I'm in their DATABASE and am sent these emails according to what opens up.  I have not received anything about these supposed 40 j ...