A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What will I like about Keystrokes? - Just starting

Posted: Jun 12, 2012

Yes, I know there are negatives regarding just about every MT company, but I am just about to start with Keystrokes and I'm trying to stay positive and be excited about it, so I would love to hear the good stuff about working for the company and what I can look forward to as I get started. Thanks guys!!

Keystrokes - pathmt

[ In Reply To ..]
My personal opinion is don't ask for this kind of stuff, for every good you'll get someone who says it is the MTSO or one of her office people. Your job is what you make of it. Do your training, be patient, follow the "rule" if any, and decide for yourself. Sometimes things are squirrely - it'll work itself out. As with most jobs - it is all in the attitude. The only deal breaker on any job for me is holding pay. Other than that, its all a learning experience.

do not know about the company, but - CJ

[ In Reply To ..]
just want to say good luck to you as you start your new job!! :)

Thank you, CJ, that was really nice. I am - looking forward to it. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Me too!! Starting KS. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am starting too. Getting very excited. I have read many good things along with many bad things about the company, but like the poster above said, it's all about attitude. I'm very thankful for the opportunity and have been looking for a while and being very selective. Turned down about 3 jobs for this one...praying I made the right decision! Time will tell! But I will give it my all and keep a positive attitude and see what happens! Good luck to you as well!! :-)

Thanks anon, and best of luck - to you too---SM

[ In Reply To ..]
So far everybody has been very nice and helpful. They promised a very busy clinic with lots of work, which I told them was my main concern (running out). I'm gonna keep my attitude positive as well.

Starting KS - New @ KS

[ In Reply To ..]
I was a little annoyed with KS at first because training took longer than I thought and you cannot work a full shift until you're released from QA. Now that training's done and my equipment's up and running I'm pretty happy there. Haven't received my first paycheck there, but I anticipate the pay being decent (anything beats TransTech at $600 for two weeks, ugh).

Yes, I'm also a little anxious to start - with Keystrokes--SM

[ In Reply To ..]
They have been pretty good about getting the whole process going, but I also wish I could start faster. I'm glad to hear positive things. Believe me, I know what you mean about decent pay because my last check with my current MT company was only about $230 for 2 weeks because of there not being any work. I'm happy to hear that you are happy---thanks!!

good luck (sm) - New @ KS

[ In Reply To ..]
I also got some part-time/freelance work doing non-medical transciption, which was a huge help (KS does run out of work from time to time, though hasn't been too bad so far. I they do, I just jump into job #2 and clock in later).

Honestly I'd love to just move on to a completely different profession, and I have taken some classes toward that end, but I need $$ right now and this is what I have experience in. I was seriously hemorrhaging $$ the year I was at TransTech, dipping into savings to pay rent, charging up my credit card just to be able to eat. I guess I figured "the pay sucks, but that's just how it is everywhere these days." That KS does no VR was a big ray of hope to me (if they do VR, they do very little of it; they do 0% on my account).

keystrokes - Daphney

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi! Just wondering if you have started Keystrokes yet and, if so, do you like it so far ? Thank you!

I didn't start yet... - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to find a copy of Word 2003 because that's the only version they use, so I ordered it from Amazon and just got it in the mail. Otherwise, I am ready to go and just need tech install and training. I'm still excited, but it is hard to wait.

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes....
Nov 05, 2009

I know that there have been many negative posts concerning Keystrokes.  Is this Meditech platform that they use difficult to catch onto?  ...

Keystrokes 100% QA
Feb 15, 2010

I'm new to Keystrokes and just found out I barely didn't pass my very first audit to get off 100% QA.  Does anybody know how long they give you to get this 98% passing score before they fire you? ...

DD For Keystrokes?
Jul 01, 2010

I have given notice but including today have 2 checks coming.  To my surprise, the deposit is not in my account today. Has anyone else not gotten their DD from Keystrokes? ...

Keystrokes Help
Apr 27, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew who I'd contact about trying to add secondary accounts to work on.  I've sent a couple of emails out but I'm not sure I sent them to the right people. ...

Keystrokes Job
May 28, 2010

Read the job opening for Keystrokes and also talked with the recruiter.  Can anybody here who works(ed) for and Keystrokes give real, hands-on experience for working for them?  I've had many instances where how it really is isn't how the recruiter said it would be and don't want to get burned again.   I'd really like to know the good and bad about the company upfront before I decide whether or not to accept the job.  Please don't ...

Keystrokes And VR?
Aug 27, 2010

Does anyone know if Keystrokes uses VR?  I am working with VR at the currently company I am working for and I don't like it.  I'm considering applying with Keystrokes.  ...

KEYSTROKES AGAIN!!
Jun 18, 2011

Seems some companies just do not learn after being sued for unpaid overtime.  Here is another one filed on June 2, 2011 - Whitaker v Keystrokes Transcription - here is the link http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/illinois/ilndce/1:2011cv03734/256349/1/     ...

Over 90,000 Keystrokes
Nov 10, 2010

and QA dings me for one.  Unbelievable.  That's what it averages for 1400 lines a day full-time.  Even with 3 cups of coffee and an office chair seat belt, it's no easy feat.  Ninety-thousand keystrokes PER DAY.  That's not including the ADT, the Internet look-ups, etc.  Throw me a bone here, QA. How many keystrokes to you do, PERFECTLY?? ...

OSI And Keystrokes
Jan 17, 2011

Just wondering about OSI and Keystrokes.  I recently have applied to both of these and looks like I could be hired by either one (have already done the testing).  Could anyway tell me how they are to work for.  Do they do voice recognition? And anyone know their pay rates? ...

Keystrokes W-2's
Jan 21, 2011

Has anyone from KS heard yet when they will be mailing out the W-2's?  ...

Anyone Has Gotten Their W2 Yet From Keystrokes?
Jan 28, 2011

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their W2 yet from Keystrokes? ...

Any One Know If Keystrokes Sent Out
Mar 04, 2011

for reimbursement for overdraft fees?  would be curious to know  . . . thanking you in advance ...

Keystrokes Sm
Sep 16, 2011

Noticed they posted a job for the night shift.  For those who have worked this shift or are working this shift for Keystrokes, is there enough work.  Seems never to be enough work and that would be murder staying away for no work.   :-/ ...

Keystrokes?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone have any information on this company?  ...

Keystrokes Anyone???
Apr 25, 2012

Does anyone work for Keystrokes that has any information about the company?  Really need some input....Tks ...

I Think I Got The Job With Keystrokes!!!
May 14, 2012

Please, no negative talk....somebody be positive and be happy with me.  ...

How Much SR Is There At Keystrokes?
Jun 06, 2012

Was told by recruiter the account was about 50/50? Think this would be a typical assumption of their accounts? (Have been told this before and it was way highter...like in the 90/10 range). Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Doing VR At Keystrokes
Jun 21, 2012

How is it? The trainer says it is one of the easiest platforms to learn on if you've never done it. Said the threshold is set high at like 85% (not sure what that means) and it proves to be very lucrative for some. Anyone have any experience with it they could share? Not only am I new to Keystrokes, totally new to VR as well. Thanks in advance! ...

Keystrokes - Is It Still The Same?
Jul 16, 2013

Many years ago I worked there for a short time because their voice files were of such poor quality. Is it still the same? ...

Anyone Know About Keystrokes? How Much
Nov 06, 2013

do they pay. Ad says they pay per hour.  Applied to them.  Would like some feedback please? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me About Keystrokes? I Just
Nov 06, 2013

applied and was hoping for some info on them.  The ad says they pay by the hour which I am psyched about!  Does anyone know how much or how they work this?  Thanks! ...

Keystrokes Pay
Mar 03, 2014

A few years back, I was cut in pay at Keystrokes.  Do you know if they are going to eventually give us a raise or that money back?  They seem to be hiring more and more and some of the pay that is offered is more than I currently am getting.  I wanted to advance in pay, not go down in pay! ...

Keystrokes Anyone
Mar 31, 2014

I put in an application at Keystrokes and was sent a test to take.  I cant remember if they are VR or straight typing and also if they are compatible with windows 8.  I looked through the archives, but I don't see a lot on this company.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Keystrokes - Buh-bye BB
Nov 06, 2014

So rumor has it that an original KS employee has decided to leave the nest and venture out with another company.  WOW...I thought she was a fixture there.  I guess you CAN teach an old dog new tricks, huh.  Wonder if it was her idea, or theirs (which is more likely the reason).  Oh well, let's see who's next???? Perhaps that wonderful Coordinator that everyone loves and fears...you know, the frustrated teacher wannabe!!!!  ...

Keystrokes Ad
Jan 08, 2015

at this company?  They have had several ads recently.  Thanks. ...

Keystrokes VR Pay
Jan 13, 2015

Current employees of Keystrokes, could you tell me what they pay for Voice Recognition editing and straight typing?? ...

Any CA Keystrokes MTs Out There?
Apr 24, 2015

x ...

Anything About Keystrokes Transcription?
Oct 20, 2009

Does anyone know anything about Keystrokes Transcription?  I have been burned by a company that posted a job on this site, so I try to check things out now before jumping..... ...

Keystrokes Better Than Spheris
Oct 20, 2009

I currently work at Spheris but I would like to find out how things are at Keystrokes. I appreciate any information good or bad.   Thanks ...

Keystrokes Hiring?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm a bit confused with Keystrokes.  The ad they have placed here indicates wanting 40 people for new accounts, etc.  However, I just received an email about job openings for only 2 very heavy ESL 1-9 shifts.  I don't understand why they would have this ad and yet only be sending info about only the 2 jobs.  I'm in their DATABASE and am sent these emails according to what opens up.  I have not received anything about these supposed 40 j ...