A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance Positives - Trying To Be Positive in 2015

Posted: Jan 05, 2015

Okay - let's see if we can come up with some positives of Nuance.  As with every job/company, there are plenty of negatives, but let's see if we can come up with some positives.  I, for one, love my hours.  They're perfect for me and my family. 

Who's with me on this -- trying to think of some positives about our jobs?

Positives - me

[ In Reply To ..]
30 hours for benefits. My schedule is first shift and difficult to get anywhere else. Like my accounts and TSM. Those things are great in my book, but becoming clouded more and more with all the new crap and time we spend outside of work hours justifying our existence with QA/QC, etc.

Nuance Positive(s) - There are some....

[ In Reply To ..]
1) I have who must be the best TSM that's with the company. Yes, a holdover from ambulatory buyout.

2) Straight typing, no VR.

3) Good dictators, good accounts.

4) Good shift/hours, flexibility.

I'm positive this will be a short list ;) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm positive this will be a short list ;)

positives - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
- I feel fortunate to have a great TSM who just lets me do my job and hardly bothers me.

- Flexibility in my schedule. At this point, I pretty much just work when I want as long as I get my hours in.

- Pay. Yep, I know the new compensation plan sucks for a lot of people, but my pay is still great, especially considering that I do not have to pay for daycare, travel, expenses working outside the home, etc.

positive - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
Great TSM, nobody bothers me, no nasty emails, work my hours but am able to flex if need be for emergency. Answers all my emails very quickly, no wait time.

If nothing else, this is at least, a pretty good diversionary tactic. - Moves all those negatives farther down

[ In Reply To ..]
...down on this page! This comes on the day, when, hopefully those HR people and supervisors are faced with some questions as to why TLs are permitted to drain any account, any WT, or even any particularly fluent MD they have access to, while we are deprived of the same privlege or they are not returned to MT pools like the rest of us! It is not our fault their positions are being eliminated! Why should we get stuck with only the absolute dregs, one right after the other, while supplementing their income?

There's just no positive spin I can put on this.

Only positive at this point... - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Are the hours I work. I worked nights for many years for another MTSO, and Nuance had a 1st shift opening some years ago so I jumped on it. Up until 6 months ago, I had a great TSM and enjoyed the account I was working on. I now have a new TSM who seems like a babe lost in the woods and my primary account is usually out of work, or is stacked with the worst audio and dictators. There has been a drastic change in my work experience here in the past 6 months, outside of the new, exciting pay plan.

Sounds as if the returning team leads are siphoning your best dictators - like they are on mine.

[ In Reply To ..]
...so unfair.
I wasn't aware any TL had to return to typing, what platform sm - former TL
[ In Reply To ..]
is this? To go from an hourly position to production, it doesn't seem like those people were given a choice.
Probably not, but sounds typical of Nuance. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
They changed my base rate of pay (along with everyone else) without any notice, and they also changed my schedule without any notice.
...and yes, I'm still here, but not for much longer. I have some time off I'm planning on using up in the next 6-8 weeks and then I'm hoping to become just a faded memory to Nuance.

Nuance - MJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance wants to pay its transcriptionist 7 cents per line. They are doing everything possible to make this happen. Bump you down to 7 cents if use too much QA, even when you are given a horrible pool. Bump you down to 7 cents for errors, which they consider major; however, are minor, i.e. missed period, comma, the, etc. They also take away your good pool if you make too much. They offered "exclusives;" however, they have a 4 hour 24/7 turnaround and if you have one late report, you lose your "exclusive." I went from averaging $17 an hour to about $5. Beware when signing up with Nuance.

similar... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd have to say hours/schedule that I have is top. The accounts I am on, especially my primary, is great. Am left alone to work for the most part. Schedule would be top though. If I am late or flex a bit I do not hear a word. Emails are another positive even though I hear people on here complain about them. I get them throughout my shift and am updated on accounts in a timely manner.

Positives. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Awesome TSM. Great schedule. Great account which I've been working on for 11 years now. Good money, PTO and of course no gas expenses and tax breaks:)Oh and I'm always left alone to do my job, no negative e-mails.

Positives. . . - um

[ In Reply To ..]
hmmm, (crickets) sorry, nope, nothing.

Okay, maybe one thing. I get to work at home.

Positives are fine but - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Does the landlord/bank, bill collectors, etcetera think these positives are worth anything? Do these things pay the bills?

Positive: Conditions are such that they have enabled me to--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
focus and evaluate what I really want, and transcribing is not it. Conditions are also giving me a shove to say that this line of work and company are not worth foregoing that which I do want.

Great TSM, pretty good schedule, pay on time. - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
Right now, that's about all I can come up with.

This thread is indicative of either... - Will

[ In Reply To ..]
TSMs and other Nuance lackeys having nothing to do or TSMs desperate for help and trying to influence MTs to come and work under horrific conditions for substandard pay. There are simply no positives to working for Nuance, unless the employee in question is a complete and utter masochist.

Will: You are one insulting dude or gal. sheesh nm - Get a grip

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Nm: If the shoe fits... - Will

[ In Reply To ..]
Wear it!
If the shoe fits? Really??? - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
So if anyone has anything positive to say about their job they get insulted? Is it just me or does this board only seem to cater to those who whine and complain? Maybe stop spending so much time complaining and acting like a jealous brat and either make this job work or make your exit. No encouragement here whatsoever, which is fine. But do you really need to slam those who are making it work? I mean really????
Methinks thou doth protest too much - Will
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Will, that was soooo, well said! - Perfect.

[ In Reply To ..]

My guess is it's that lady with "mom" in her screen name usually sm - just my guess

[ In Reply To ..]
who was complaining last week about someone being negative or something.

I have mom in my name - mom22

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if you're insinuating me, but I'm thinking I'm one of the few that has mom in their name. And if I did complain about someone being rude or disrespectful, I don't have a problem in putting my screen name on it.

Not sure what I have to do with this thread, but you might find it surprising, Will, that I agree with you in that working for Nuance is like a torture chamber.

all the new stuff I'm learning - MThead

[ In Reply To ..]
Why just yesterday I learned I've been transcribing "nontender" wrong all these many years, it should be "non-tender." I can only hope there were no fatalities due to that missing hyphen!!!

Where do the get their spelling from - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
I have typed it that way always, nontender. Didn't even change the meaning of anything, nontender means nontender no matter hyphen or not, so what's the big deal Nuance. Are you trying to find the one period in the hundreds of reports that are typed. Seems your time would be better spent on something else. How does that make you QA people feel when you finally find that missing colon, period or comma or if, and or but.

It's documented as nontender in the sm - nothappy

[ In Reply To ..]
transcription manual in several places, just bring up the manual and do a search for nontender. If they dinged you for it, I would use this as ammo.

My positive: nuance sent me to the food pantry - and I found love with a wonderful man in line

[ In Reply To ..]
Better to be poor together than hungry alone.

Positives - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL!!! @ the "non-tender" poster and "I found love in line at the food pantry."

If there is one thing positive about Nuance, its that their MTs have a great sense of humor! Some of the funniest posts I've read on MT Stars have came from the Nuance board.

My positive - Backwoods Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
My only positive about Nuance is that they made me mad enough to give me the kick in the arse that I needed to go back to school. Thanks, Nuance! I hope to fire you shortly. :) You can look forward to my exit survey. How's that for "new and exciting?" I think you know what you can do with that new compensation mess.

Similar Messages:

Any Positives Working For Nuance?
Mar 29, 2013

Is there anything positive about working for Nuance?  What's it like working on the eScription and Dictaphone ExText platforms?  What are your average line counts on those platforms?  I can average 400+ lph working on a clinic account, but I get to use lots of word expanders and templates, it's all straight typing as well.  I read somewhere they just made cuts in pay, was that across the board and how much of a cut was it?  I read that they start out at 4 ...

The Positives....
Mar 07, 2010

What are your positives?  I already read all of the negatives and there are plenty of those.  How about positives?  Let's go in an entire different direction. There is no need to name your company.  Just look around you.  Are there positives?      ...

Offshore Any Positives For US Mt's?
Oct 17, 2009

I've never posted and this is only the second visit.  I'm someone who was seriously considering MTec but has switched to planning for Andrews School.  I broke my arm - it is closer to healing though, and I am back on track to enroll.  I laid to rest thoughts of worry I had about Speech Recognition and now need to do the same with offshoring.  Are there any trends which point in a positive direction for us mt's - any reason for them to think they would be p ...

Etransplus Pay, Negatives, Positives
Mar 29, 2010

Any information is appreciated. Thanks ...

The Transcription Doctors - Positives ?
Nov 15, 2011

Does anyone have anly positives to report about this company?  Thanks!! ...

Keystrokes - Both Positives And Negatives
Jul 21, 2012

I want to hear from the long-term gals there their feelings on Keystrokes - I have seen both positives and negatives - what I want is input from those who have been there and seen people come and go, work come and go, and do their work efficiently without problems....do they pay for your skills and reliability? Or is it just a "this is what we pay" gig....I expect I'll get some comments from those who are disgruntled, but an HONEST observation is what I am looking for. TY. ...

INSCRIBE Negatives And Positives?
Mar 17, 2015

I submitted application for Inscribe. Does anybody know anything about this company - negatives and positives?  ...

Positives And Negatives For Working For Softscript
Oct 06, 2011

Just looking for positives and negatives for working for Softscript before I go through all the testing! Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated!! ...

If You Are Looking For A Great Company, I Would Like To Share Some Positives About Opti-Script. Sm
Mar 15, 2011

For the first time in a very long time, I am excited about a job.  The people are absolutely wonderful and it truly has the feeling of family.  The platform is great (ExText) and I love my account.  No one ever pays me what I think I'm worth, of course (smile), but the pay is decent for being an employee and the insurance is affordable.  People leave you alone to do your job, but they are always available if you need something.  I applied awhile back and the positio ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Does Nuance Have IC's
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance hires IC's?  I could not find it anywhere.  It could be a solution for me if they do.  Thanx in advance. ...

Nuance Job
Mar 12, 2012

I have an interview this week with Nuance. Any advice on what to expect? I'm interviewing for an MT job and have been reading some posts on here about the company and it's not looking good. ...

Wmx/Nuance
Mar 12, 2012

Had our usual update this morning from my AM, one of the best IMO and the reason many of us stayed after Nuance took over. Then at 1:30 an e-mail that he is no longer with the company??? What is going on???  (DO) ...

Nuance Help!
Mar 13, 2012

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to create a new entry in the carbon copy? I am getting lots of dictations where I can't find that particular physician in the CC list and need to create a new one. I am new and need help. Thanks in advance! ...

Does Nuance Really Pay Everyone The Same Across The
Mar 17, 2012

Is this true? Because if so that means they dont take into consideration years of experience, opportunity for increase or nothing. Seems kind of hard to work for an obviously big and successful company that is only willing to pay their employees 0.41 cpl and thats it, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I mean they dont come off to be the type of company that "cant" afford to give increases in pay to their transcriptionist. I heard that if you work from 10pm to 6pm you can make 0.46 cpl, bet ...

Pay At Nuance
Apr 08, 2012

Anyone willing to share how much per line they make with VR or straight transcription? Or any information how the company is with raises? Thank you ...

Fed Up With Nuance
Apr 19, 2012

I received an incentive bonus this paycheck (for the first time ever). My QA score was 99.3%. So, I get an email today from my supervisor that my latest audit was only 98.2% and they are going to reaudit me in 2 weeks to see if my score is improving or if I need further disciplinary action. WTF? I've been with Nuance for 3 years and think it's time to jump ship. This company is messed up, and the QA is so inconsistent. ...