A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The positives.... - can you name them?

Posted: Mar 07, 2010

What are your positives?  I already read all of the negatives and there are plenty of those.  How about positives?  Let's go in an entire different direction.

There is no need to name your company.  Just look around you.  Are there positives? 

Positives - sm - Zircon

[ In Reply To ..]
- They have direct deposit, pay on time, no bouncing paychecks.

- We have flextime.

- Working from home, I can check my email every now and then, without my supervisor sneaking up behind me.

- I have my own, nice cushy chair, instead of those butt-buster office chairs you get at the office.

- I can sleep in every morning.

- Since I can use the internet at will here at home, I rarely need my reference books anymore. Good thing, 'cause they're all pretty old.

- If I'm ill, or really tired, I can stop for a while and take a nap.

- Although the suits at my company are cut from the same mold as everyone else's, at least my direct supervisor is friendly and helpful.

- And.... the No.1 positive thing I can say about my company: They haven't fired me yet!

I presume you mean in regards to your job - sm -

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't make a fortune but I have steady work, usually too much actually, paid for spaces and pain on time. MTSO generally leaves me alone, so that is good. I have the flexibility I need in my life in order to allow my kids to have a well rounded life. I have the ability to go on school trips with them, volunteer at the school, get them to their after school stuff and pick up w/o having to worry about getting fired from a job....since no other job out there would allow me the freedom I have. I do pay the price of course with working to 11 at night, sometimes 1 a.m. but it is worth it to me, otherwise my kids would be stuck in daycare after school and not be able to do some of the things they do now.

paid on time that is....LOL - nm -

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Free parking. That's all I can come up with. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I don't have to record The Young & the Restless!! nm - Sims

[ In Reply To ..]

prescribed valium, err, going NOT postal - finenow

[ In Reply To ..]
smoooch.

Similar Messages:

Offshore Any Positives For US Mt's?
Oct 17, 2009

I've never posted and this is only the second visit.  I'm someone who was seriously considering MTec but has switched to planning for Andrews School.  I broke my arm - it is closer to healing though, and I am back on track to enroll.  I laid to rest thoughts of worry I had about Speech Recognition and now need to do the same with offshoring.  Are there any trends which point in a positive direction for us mt's - any reason for them to think they would be p ...

Nuance Positives
Jan 05, 2015

Okay - let's see if we can come up with some positives of Nuance.  As with every job/company, there are plenty of negatives, but let's see if we can come up with some positives.  I, for one, love my hours.  They're perfect for me and my family.  Who's with me on this -- trying to think of some positives about our jobs? ...

Etransplus Pay, Negatives, Positives
Mar 29, 2010

Any information is appreciated. Thanks ...

The Transcription Doctors - Positives ?
Nov 15, 2011

Does anyone have anly positives to report about this company?  Thanks!! ...

Keystrokes - Both Positives And Negatives
Jul 21, 2012

I want to hear from the long-term gals there their feelings on Keystrokes - I have seen both positives and negatives - what I want is input from those who have been there and seen people come and go, work come and go, and do their work efficiently without problems....do they pay for your skills and reliability? Or is it just a "this is what we pay" gig....I expect I'll get some comments from those who are disgruntled, but an HONEST observation is what I am looking for. TY. ...

Any Positives Working For Nuance?
Mar 29, 2013

Is there anything positive about working for Nuance?  What's it like working on the eScription and Dictaphone ExText platforms?  What are your average line counts on those platforms?  I can average 400+ lph working on a clinic account, but I get to use lots of word expanders and templates, it's all straight typing as well.  I read somewhere they just made cuts in pay, was that across the board and how much of a cut was it?  I read that they start out at 4 ...

INSCRIBE Negatives And Positives?
Mar 17, 2015

I submitted application for Inscribe. Does anybody know anything about this company - negatives and positives?  ...

Positives And Negatives For Working For Softscript
Oct 06, 2011

Just looking for positives and negatives for working for Softscript before I go through all the testing! Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated!! ...

If You Are Looking For A Great Company, I Would Like To Share Some Positives About Opti-Script. Sm
Mar 15, 2011

For the first time in a very long time, I am excited about a job.  The people are absolutely wonderful and it truly has the feeling of family.  The platform is great (ExText) and I love my account.  No one ever pays me what I think I'm worth, of course (smile), but the pay is decent for being an employee and the insurance is affordable.  People leave you alone to do your job, but they are always available if you need something.  I applied awhile back and the positio ...