A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I know all the negatives about this job but - sm

Posted: Feb 10, 2012

can anyone state their own positives.  I need something to keep me going today.  Thanks!

I'm still positive - sunshine

[ In Reply To ..]
I know..this board is full, full, full of negativity. So many people hate their jobs! I've been doing this for over 10 years and I still love it. It affords me the benefit of working from home with no office politics. No fake, phony, backstabbing office ladies. I get to work in my own environment without someone looking over my shoulder. I was lucky to transition from one great company to another. I've always loved to work independently, so this is something I thrive at. I also love learning something new every day. Personally, I don't quite understand why there is so much fussing regarding this profession. I loved it years ago and I still love it today.

Hope this helps!

do you work for MModal? - unhinged

[ In Reply To ..]
People are happy at other companies who have not "changed" as much as we all have.

positive - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Same here. It's an interesting job. It's great to stay home. I don't feel that I've been treated badly by MQ. I feel very fortunate to have the job and wish it could last forever. Everyone says the profession is ending. Wish they were wrong! Has anyone heard anything positive about the future of transcription?

I'M STILL POSITIVE - ANONYMOUS

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. Everyone is so negative, then why don't they get a job elsewhere. Yes, I am disappointed with the large pay cut, but having worked my way up to the top of the pay scale, cannot seem to find a job with another MTSO at this rate, so just sticking to it. I also factor in money that I don't spend for transportation, car insurance and a car, expensive gas, work clothes, extra time spent getting back and forth to work, etc., as part of the income not on my paycheck!

paycheck always on time - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
That is my standard answer. I have direct deposit and not once in 10+ years has my check been late. I have friends at other companies whose checks have been held for lack of funds or deposited a day late, etc.

When I get in a funk my husband reminds me about how I am not spending money on gas or parking or lunch or expensive work clothes and how I really don't have to deal with any coworkers or even my boss unless I choose to. I am also able to work around school and church events without a lot of hassle. I also still make more than I would at the local hospital and most everywhere else in our small town. No it is not what I used to make but with a few tips and tricks and trying hard to reduce distractions I have improved my production to produce a decent paycheck.

I do have to agree with the other poster that working independently is what you make of it. Some people get distracted and have poor time management skills while others seem to flourish just being left alone to do their job.

its not the job but the company and how they treat - cmk

[ In Reply To ..]
us. I still love the work I do.

Still - positive too

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, some days are harder than others to stay positive, but the big picture is $32K to work at home, which gives me the ability to finish my degree. Not bad! Also, even though they don't match 401K contributions any more, the funds they offer to chose from for investment are pretty decent! Hang in there! Trust me, it could be worse.

Still - positive too - GMR

[ In Reply To ..]
Holy moley! You make $32K? How many lines do you do a day? Being an MT3 at M*Modal only got me $16K for the year.

So sorry, I made $21k -- I am soooo rich :) - Kidding, kidding, kidding

[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't laugh, you would cry.

Still - positive too

[ In Reply To ..]
I do anywhere between 1800-2200, rarely less than 1800. I take advantage of all OT offers and am at top of pay tier for both TR and SR lines. I never run out of work and get some of my best work including some straight typing on the weekends. I know I am really lucky. You made $16K full time or are you part time? Full time, that's barely over $7.50 an hour.
I am happy - OABO
[ In Reply To ..]
that someone is making a decent living. I work only part-time so it doesn't matter all that much to me but the work I do day in and day out is absolutely horrible. I've been at this for many, many years and I am not exaggerating. The large majority of dictators are ESL, sound quality often poor, lots of background noise, bad ASR, dictators consistingly entering incorrect work types and incorrect patient numbers which we have to fix as a freebie, etc., etc., you know it all. If I struggle after so many years of experience, I can imagine how difficult it is for a relative newbie in this field to try to make any kind of living dealing with this crap (a euphemism believe it or not).
I agree - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know how much I relied on QA feedback and help when I first started. In fact, we had to get released from QA on each new account and sometimes it took 2 weeks or more. Remember that? There is no way I could afford to have that help now, not at a 3cpl dock per report. I remember the tears and frustration and now these newbies are just thrown to the wolves. Damned if they do ask for help and damned if they don't.

Also I agree that the we are left with the worst of the worst, those the ILPs refuse to do. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? I thought I had a good ear for foreign accents before switching to my current BOB but listening to report after report of docs who can barely speak English trained my ear better than any ESL course.
POSITIVE - ANONYMOUS
[ In Reply To ..]
Like you, I do everything I can to make as much as possible, including stuff like OT, small shift differential, but every little bit helps, etc. You have to put the most work into it to get the most out of working at home!

A great deal depends - OABO

[ In Reply To ..]
on your area and your CCM. Some can be positive. For others it is almost impossible.

Still - Positive too

[ In Reply To ..]
True ~ and also the accounts that you have make a big difference too. I have been lucky all around I guess. I also know that can change at any moment though. That's why I'm trying to hurry and finish my degree so I can move on to something secure.

Similar Messages:

Etransplus Pay, Negatives, Positives
Mar 29, 2010

Any information is appreciated. Thanks ...

Keystrokes - Both Positives And Negatives
Jul 21, 2012

I want to hear from the long-term gals there their feelings on Keystrokes - I have seen both positives and negatives - what I want is input from those who have been there and seen people come and go, work come and go, and do their work efficiently without problems....do they pay for your skills and reliability? Or is it just a "this is what we pay" gig....I expect I'll get some comments from those who are disgruntled, but an HONEST observation is what I am looking for. TY. ...

INSCRIBE Negatives And Positives?
Mar 17, 2015

I submitted application for Inscribe. Does anybody know anything about this company - negatives and positives?  ...

Any Info On Wordzxpressed? Pay On Time? Any Negatives?
Jan 11, 2010

nm ...

Positives And Negatives For Working For Softscript
Oct 06, 2011

Just looking for positives and negatives for working for Softscript before I go through all the testing! Any feedback good or bad would be greatly appreciated!! ...