A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keep our jobs in America official government petition link! - Doing something!

Posted: Nov 03, 2011

Here's the official government link for those who are sick of the whining about losing jobs to India via the Q and want to do something about it!  All you naysayers, do something or stop whining about it.  We need lots of votes, so please go vote and stand up! PLEASE!

http://wh.gov/TFH

Facilities that use OS owned MTSO, those arent OUR jobs - anymore. OS company, OS jobs. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Then it should be mandated that those businesses - move physically offshore, as well.

[ In Reply To ..]
Or else start contributing more to the economy and the workforce of the country they're currently taking advantage of. In the form of 'way higher taxes, for starters.

Move US company OS, there goes their taxes totally. - Make OS company pay more. That will work if SM

[ In Reply To ..]
you get all those lobbyists for OS businesses to pack up and go home and not fight for right for US business owner to hire whoever they want. But another point. When all dictation is done here for higher rate, that increase will trickle down, resting on our shoulders to carry the burden of increased costs. Who do you think ultimately pays for something like, which raises costs of services?

Do we want gv'ment telling us who we can hire to do a job? - Would you want gvment telling IC sm

[ In Reply To ..]
she can only work for MTSOs in her state? It is same thing. IC is her own business and I am sure would not want to be told who she can work for. That is the beauty of owning your own business. Running it however the heck you want to.

"Running the business however the heck you want to" - means "gypping workers & clients"?

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks, but NO thanks. That's where we've been for the last 40 years, and look where it got us.

No, not always. But my business, I call the shots. What makes - America great. Freedom!!! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Then I hope you hire only US workers, & that they - are well-paid and fully benefitted.
[ In Reply To ..]
If not, then you're not better than any of those other MTSO hacks out there crushing our economy with their mindless pursuit of ever-more-obscene profits.
But I want to get mine just like AT owner did. THEN I will - vote to make that kind of thing illegal. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
You mean build up a business, tell your workers - their jobs arent going anywhere, and - s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
then sell them all DOWN RIVER TO MEDQUIST?

Proof positive that the American business owner still believes in that old "greed is good" mantra.
Yep, just like the ex-owner of AllType. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Dont want to work for a company like that? Start your own. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It is amazing how many people walk around - without hearts
[ In Reply To ..]
Were you born that way, or did someone cut your heart out later in life?
Whoever is cowardly signing nm to the posts is scared to - Sickened
[ In Reply To ..]
reveal themself but sure has a lot of opinions and is working very hard to stir things up.

By stating you want to get yours like AT owner did, you are NO BETTER AND NO DIFFERENT. AT had many LOYAL workers who made her that 14 million she got for selling us out, and that loyalty counted for nothing but lies right up to "you're fired!" The owner and her 2 top cronies all got cush jobs and said "It is what it is, so bye bye" with them getting BIG bonuses. Owner-GOOD JOB GIRLS, WE THREW THEM UNDER THE BUS, MADE A BUNCH OF MONEY AND NOW LET MQ TAKE CARE OF THE REST!

I say, nm, reveal yourself cause I definitely want to stay far away from you if you own a business in this field. Please, just tell me the name of the MTSO or even initials so I can spread it everywhere what your views are and save a few from what we went through at AT.

If you don't agree with signing the petition, then don't. Call AT's owner, maybe she has some ideas for you.
Do you know what nm stands for? No message. Meaning - dont bother to open post. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not signing off as nm. I am not signing off at all. Btw, SM means see mesaage. Those posts have something inside.
I know what nm means-so sign something meaningful on your posts - Pathetic!
[ In Reply To ..]
instead of trying to stay anonymous and stir things up as you are obviously an owner of one of these disgusting MTSOs and DO NOT want anybody to sign this petition, at least not until you get your buy-out!
Meaningful? Like Pathetic or Sickened? Sign off means nil. Think will - use M. Monroe. nm. Oops, meant M. Monroe.
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It's an anonymous board. She doesn't have to sign her name. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Solve problem of greed, you solve the MTs problem. Most of - world problems, too. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
We are NOT free. We are debt slaves. - Historian
[ In Reply To ..]
But hey -- don't let a few historial FACTS interfere with your meme party. :)
I have no debt. Paid off 30K in 6 years on MT pay. - That is MY historical fact. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Well, good for you. You can be grateful that - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
you didn't have a major, 6-figure health crisis or other event that would have given you some humility and understanding of just how quickly the tide can turn. Though if the "pride goeth before a fall" is true, yours is on its way.
I am grateful and worked darn hard to do it. I am proud of - paying off my debt and why would you feel sm
[ In Reply To ..]
compelled to diminish my accomplishment? I worked hard to do this, 12+ hour days and working 3 jobs at one point. The whole family was consulted about this and everyone pitched in to make it work. It was hard work but the benefit was well worth it. Can beleive you, who have been in a bad spot like I was, isnt happy for a sister MT who has been able to pay off her debt.
Your post was rude to the previous MT who is - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
obviously in debt and stressed over it. To then state smugly that you're not in debt, etc. is crass and naive. You don't know what her situation is. My point is that when someone shares that they're suffering with debt, it's rude and prideful to be blowing your horn about how you don't have any debt. "But there for the grace of God..."
Take off the blinders. How is it right she should say I am debt. - slave? I stated a fact, in a proud manner. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I would think she would take hope, knowing one has done it and why shouldnt she be able to do it. I posted in the manner of saying it is possible, dont give up. What gives her the right to tramp on my hard work?
US citizen? Then you are a DEBT SLAVE. - Historian
[ In Reply To ..]
Please go back and REREAD the post you responded to, this time with your EYES OPEN and your THINKING CAP ON.

IF you are a citizen of the US you were BORN IN DEBT. PERIOD. No matter WHEN you were born. That is a historical FACT.

As my moniker and posts suggest, I am talking about HISTORY here of the country and all of its citizens, NOT your personal financial situation of your credit cards, etc. Geesh!!

Thanks to dumbing down in public schools, comprehension is rare indeed these days.

Here's what I don't get - JS

[ In Reply To ..]
if the patient is a medicare/medicaid patient which is paid for by the taxpayers (and I'm assuming that the patient's billing and/or transcription services aren't paid for separately), then the taxpayers should most certainly have a say whether facilities or MTSOs can use offshore labor. It would be like all the proposed job-creating/infrastructure bills being passed only to ship in offshore labor to do the work at the taxpayers' expense. The government may not be able to regulate this for the self pay/privately insured patient, but if they're footing the bill via medicare/medicaid, they and the taxpayer should be able to demand that the work be done in this country as a job-saving measure as well as a patient care measure. The facilities aren't saving all that much money by using offshore labor... the companies are just pocketing the difference. It's ridiculous.

In the meantime, I also feel that patients have a right to know that their private information is being sent and pertinent medical records are being transcribed (poorly in most cases) overseas. Most people are clueless and would oppose it if they were told.

Your financial info goes OS. Ones I have told dont care $ info - or medical info goes OS. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s

People do care if their info is OS - and agree with JS

[ In Reply To ..]
There was a bill introduced - I want to say 2008 or so - which would require permission from the US citizen for their info to go OS. It never even made to the committee from what I understand.

Most people are not aware that their info goes overseas. I've talked to many people who do as I do when they get a phone call from a person who is obviously not American. "Can you tell me what country you are in?" "No, not where your company address is, but physically what country are you sitting in right now?" When they tell me -- for instance -- India. I nicely tell them "no offense, but I'm not talking to you. I understand this is your job, but it is a job that could have gone to an American worker".

Not sure if the petition will help or not - I'm praying that it does, really hard.

Our gov't really needs to quit playing nice with other countries and "Wake Up America".

If people cared, then why didnt the OS bill even make it to - committee? If ppl cared, it would be law now. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Even if the majority didn't care - JS
[ In Reply To ..]
why should that impact those who do care? When it comes to medical records and the profession that I'm in, I might be more aware; however, I have also been a victim of identity theft. And my case wasn't even a serious one (they got into my debit card/bank account). After going through all the hassle of trying to correct the situation as well as the frustration of realizing that the people responsible would NEVER be prosecuted (as a matter of fact, I remember the police officer commenting - when I had to go down and file a police report - of how he was tired of people wasting the department's time because they won't do anything about it!), I have had no choice but to be proactive about it and take measures to make sure that my bank account isn't wiped out again. I feel that it's my right to know whether or not a company is sending my information overseas (where if identity theft took place they cannot be prosecuted according to our laws), so I can decide whether or not I am going to do business with them... that's all.
Why does majority impact minority? Cause in America majority - rules. We are democracy. Remember? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I don't need a lesson on what - JS
[ In Reply To ..]
democracy is, TYVM. If you're so bent on trying to prove that offshoring is great, why dontcha try posting on an offshore board?

I should have a right to know what practices companies I choose to business with engage in so I can make an informed decision of whether I would like to take my business elsewhere. Period.
Of course. And how does majority rule negate that? - Where did this come from? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Go away-nm-see message! - Stirring things up on purpose.
[ In Reply To ..]
Just stop answering this person-it is useless. The monitor should delete her argumentative posts! What a nasty person!
USA is a REPUBLIC, NOT A DEMOCRACY. - Civics101
[ In Reply To ..]
PLEASE READ some real history.

The "founding fathers" abhored DEMOCRACY. Democracy is MOB RULE so the rights of the individual (in other words, the MINORITY) are overrun. They specifically DID NOT WANT THAT so created a REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC.

Again, repeat after me: THE U.S. IS A REPUBLIC, NOT A DEMOCRACY!!

Similar Messages:

Keep Our Jobs In America Official Gov Website For Petition-sign It!
Nov 03, 2011

Here is the official website to sign petition to keep our jobs in America-everyone needs to sign it, we need lots of votes-HELP and SIGN! http://wh.gov/TFH ...

Keep Our Jobs In America Official Gov Website-sign It!
Nov 03, 2011

Go to this official gov website and sign petition to keep our jobs here!  This is important. Stand up and speak!   http://wh.gov/TFH ...

What Happened To The Petition Link?
Aug 09, 2011

x ...

Petition To Keep Jobs In USA
Dec 08, 2012

http://wh.gov/Nz78 This looks a lot like one posted here a couple weeks ago. It's on a facebook page. It says it takes 150 signatures within 30 days for it to go live on the White House website. I see you have to register to sign, but I just did, and it only takes a minute. Please sign. We need to try to do something about losing our jobs to other countries. ...

Whitehouse Petition To Save Our Jobs
Jan 29, 2013

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/bring-back-all-united-states-medical-record-transcription-be-performed-only-us-us-medical/TJzSQpZq ...

Petition To Stop Sending Our Jobs Off Shore
Nov 19, 2012

There is a petition here http://wh.gov/XbqE about stopping off-shoring jobs. I saw it on facebook, and it would apply to MT, I think. They need 150 signatures for it to be put on the White House website. If our jobs were back here and not sent to other countries, maybe we could finally work and get paid enough to survive - kind of like in the "good old days." ...

Ten Lowest-Paying Jobs In America
Jun 05, 2011

If you are making less than $8.91 per hour at medical transcription, you make less money per hour than:   Fast Food Cook - $8.91/hr Food Prep Worker/Server - $8.95/hr Dishwasher - $8.98/hr Hair Shampooer - $9.20/hr Counter Attendant, coffee shop - $9.27/hr Dining Room/Cafeteria Helper - $9.29/hr Restaurant Hostess - $9.42/hr Amusement Park Attendant - $9.50/hr Cashier - $9.52/hr Farm Laborer - $9.64/hr   Source:  Forbes.com     ...

Petition To White House To Stop Off-shoring Jobs . . .
Nov 15, 2012

Please take a look at the petition I've started on the White House "We the People" website. We need 250 signatures for it to go lived, and then 25,000 within 30 days to force the administration to review it and respond. It is here http://wh.gov/XbqE It may not help, but I think it's worth a shot. Thanks! ...

PETITION: Everyone Needs To Sign This Petition
Sep 04, 2013

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sending-our-medical-records-offshore/B8mSk5hN ...

Offshoring And Our Now Government
Jun 26, 2011

It does not matter if you choose a service that does not offshore.  Most of the hospitals are using 2 services anyway and they do NOT want to pay for transcription.  This is big business and it keeps the money flowing to the people who demand high salaries and who have direct patient contact.  It is no big deal that the reports come back horrible.  The hospitals have wanted for years to rid any of the jobs that were not of 'direct patient contact' and we were t ...

Government Contracts
Nov 13, 2014

I have contacted Kerry Bentivolio, Congressman for my district, several times regarding the latest taxpayer travesty. Contracts for medical transcription work at the VA Hospitals are now being awarded to an Indian company, IMedx. Financial support for these hospitals is being provided by taxpayers, and those jobs and contracts should be awarded to AMERICANS. There are numerous AMERICAN transcription companies that could not only handle this work, but provide more accurate transcription services ...

MQ, Federal Government And Tax Breaks
Mar 13, 2010

After seeing CBay's lovely employee website extolling the awards they will bestoweth upon any Indian who works for them, I was wondering.  Looking at the the enless football field size rooms of computers, (many, many, many computers), desks, chairs, headphones, the brand-new buildings themselves, the exercise room with top notch expensive exericise equipment, the yoga teacher, the buses used to transport them to and from work, the workers hired to drive those buses, the free medi ...

If The Government Is Going To Raise Minimum Wage?
Feb 27, 2013

I'm wondering if a lot of the transcription companies are waiting to see if the government is going to raise minimum wage to $9.00 an hour.  Will they raise the line counts then?  ...

If You Work On VA Or Other Federal Government Med Transcription
Jun 27, 2014

For anyone who currently works for an MTSO that handles VA or other federal government work, you must have employee status and be paid at least the hourly wage determination rate.  The wage determination rate is NOT the same as minimum wage.  It is, in most cases, significantly higher, and each county in every state has their own WDR.  If you are not being paid properly, you can file an ANONYMOUS complaint with the Department of Labor.  If no one complains, these MTSOs will c ...

Does Anyone Have Info About A Company Called Genesis Government Solutions? Sm
Nov 30, 2014

What platform do they use and is it user friendly?  Is the transcription straight typing, VR, or a mix?  How is the workload?  TIA ...

I Need The Latest Official Ruling On A-fib!
Mar 25, 2011

I like a-fib, since I don't see a logical reason to capitalize the "A", but maybe there shouldn't be a hyphen?  ...

Got My Official Termination Letter.
Aug 23, 2013

I was laid off last Friday.  Letter came today confirming discussion by phone that my part time position was eliminated and shipping labels will be sent. I can't tell you how nice it has been to not be an employee for this company.  It angers me to read posts of whatever they are now doing about NJA situation.  It's hard to believe we have had to put up with these kind of antics for so long.  It's stressful to read them even as a former employee!  But I f ...

Anyone Know The Official Number Of Hours
Sep 16, 2013

I was told we would be paid for the downtime we had the other day and that we would hear from someone about the number of hours, but haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know? ...

Official Notice Of Bankruptcy
Mar 21, 2014

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/mmodal-files-bankruptcy-protection?topic=76,02,08 ...

It's Official - Read It On MQ Central - No More CTLs
Dec 11, 2009

They are all being replaced (I think 400 as  remember) with Regional Team Leads who will cover nights and weekends when the CCM is off.  I think the CTL position came and went in only 6 months.  Is that a record? ...

It Is Official....check The Spheris Website.
Feb 04, 2010

Spheris is filing bankruptcy, entered into agreement to sell assets to Medquist-CBay.   I was sent copy of the letter sent out to the employees, though I have no idea why.  Have not worked for Spheris for over 8 years. ...

First Official Day Of Working Full Schedule With
Jan 17, 2012

Transcend.  Not sure how I'm gonna like 2nd shift, but sometimes you just do what you gotta' do.  ...

Well, It Is Official. Received My Termination Letter Today.
Aug 02, 2013

This is it!  Been waiting for this letter in the mail since July 23 to make it official in my mind and received the boxes to return the CPU and monitor. I went to college with a degree in Medical Transcription/Medical Secretary (our TSMs have NO college degree).  I cannot believe I gave 26 years of my life by working every holiday, having 4 (5 day) vacations in 26 years, being employee of the month 3 times over the years, giving up family time and plans because I am scheduled to work, ...

TAA Petition =
Jan 21, 2010

As suggested the other day, I e-mailed my TAA regional director since all I was getting from my One-Stop Career Center person & UI was that I needed a letter stating a lay off date or that there was an imminent threat of lay off. She sent me a note, then cc'd my e-mail to my state director.  Here are their responses: Regional:  You would need a qualifying separation in order to be eligible for Trade benefits as you have not been determined to be an adversely affected incumbe ...

Does Anyone Know If There Has Been A TAA Petition
Aug 16, 2013

filed with the DOL for Nuance employees?  I know MModal has one and lots of their employees, both past and present, are taking advantage of the schooling and other benefits.  If not filed for Nuance employees could we model one after the MModal petition?  Anybody have any information?  ...

Petition (sm)
Apr 02, 2014

Petition for Joint Commission to change standards in health care documentation.  This was created by an MT.  ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Sign The Petition
Jun 20, 2011

I found a petition to sign against sending work offshore.  Its at ataus.org (American Transcription Assocation).  You do  not have to be a member to sign it.  Does anyone else know about any petitions?  ...

Petition To Retain Value Of MT
Mar 13, 2011

http://www.ahdi-west.org/advocacy/petition-letter-to-legislators/ ...

We All Need To Sign This Petition If We Want
Nov 30, 2012

It only takes a minute of your time, and your MT career is on the line. ...