A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ten Lowest-Paying Jobs in America - hmmmm

Posted: Jun 05, 2011

If you are making less than $8.91 per hour at medical transcription, you make less money per hour than:

Fast Food Cook - $8.91/hr

Food Prep Worker/Server - $8.95/hr

Dishwasher - $8.98/hr

Hair Shampooer - $9.20/hr

Counter Attendant, coffee shop - $9.27/hr

Dining Room/Cafeteria Helper - $9.29/hr

Restaurant Hostess - $9.42/hr

Amusement Park Attendant - $9.50/hr

Cashier - $9.52/hr

Farm Laborer - $9.64/hr

Source:  Forbes.com

Sad thing is - latebloomer

[ In Reply To ..]
Sad thing is, those jobs are more and more becoming the most available jobs. Someday a good number of us will be working service jobs serving one another. We've lost a job number of our good paying jobs here in the US. Personally I'm thankful for my job as an MT.

sorry I meant - latebloomer

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, I meant to say.. We've lost a number of our good paying jobs here in the US.

Happily, this problem isn't just ours. You'll probably recall, going into Iraq, - the American people were called upon

[ In Reply To ..]
in a presidential address to go back to work and to go shopping (everything else being taken care of elsewhere, thank you).

The shopping part joined working because it's also a critical part of our economy. No shopping, no business, and businesses are hurting, so the wheel continues to turn as many businesses recognize the need to raise incomes.

High turnover from low salaries is also very expensive, not a new revelation. Henry Ford doubled his factory line pay and cut an hour off the workday to keep good people, then other companies followed.

So, hang in there and look for any chance to kick this along faster.
Unless making less than cleaning motel rooms--time to find something that pays significantly better?

I am thankful for my job too! - And it pays well for me - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

hmmmmmm - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I make 32 bucks an hour and am satisfied with that in this economy. Yes, I used to make double that, but we are in a depression. Point being, there are still MTs out there making darned good money.

Similar Messages:

I Think This Is The Lowest Backlog I Have Seen-69 Jobs This Am
Feb 11, 2013

x ...

Best Paying Jobs
Mar 01, 2014

I have been a working MT since 1989.   I make $400-500 a week.   I work approximately 6 hours  a day for this.    Is this an accurate pay?    I would like to hear from other MTs and what are the best paying companies to work for.    ...

Keep Our Jobs In America Official Gov Website-sign It!
Nov 03, 2011

Go to this official gov website and sign petition to keep our jobs here!  This is important. Stand up and speak!   http://wh.gov/TFH ...

Easy High-Paying Jobs
Mar 10, 2012

Not saying anyone would ever possibly want to get OUT of MT, but if there should be some lunatics on the board who are thinking this way, well...     ...

Working At These Terribly Low-paying MT Jobs.
Dec 09, 2012

I have a couple of questions.  What happens if you don't make at least minimum wage as an employee?  A few questions down, it is calculated around $5/hr if the poster makes what she says.  Do they fire you if you are under minimum wage?  How do they keep MTs at that low, low rate? Also someone pointed out "it's even as an IC."  Curious (I'm really confused) why it matters if you are IC or an employee.  Obviously there are benefits, but aren't yo ...

Keep Our Jobs In America Official Government Petition Link!
Nov 03, 2011

Here's the official government link for those who are sick of the whining about losing jobs to India via the Q and want to do something about it!  All you naysayers, do something or stop whining about it.  We need lots of votes, so please go vote and stand up! PLEASE!   http://wh.gov/TFH ...

Keep Our Jobs In America Official Gov Website For Petition-sign It!
Nov 03, 2011

Here is the official website to sign petition to keep our jobs in America-everyone needs to sign it, we need lots of votes-HELP and SIGN! http://wh.gov/TFH ...

Sten-Tel Has The Lowest Pay I Have Ever Seen
Jul 12, 2012

Their email just informed me of their awesome pay - 5 to 6 cpl for straight transcription and 2 to 3 cpl for editing.  Oh, and this is working as an IC during the night shift.  This is shameful.  You should be ashamed of yourselves, Sten-Tel!  If you actually make 2 cpl doing VR, you would have to edit 400 lines in an hour just to make 8 bucks an hour.  Does anyone actually work for you?   ...

Sten-Tel Has The Lowest Pay I've Ever Seen
Aug 12, 2013

They pay 2-3/12 cents per line for VR without spaces!!! OMG!  Why bother even testing for them?!?! ...

Thanks To TSM My Line Count Is The Lowest It's Ever Been.
Nov 04, 2014

My primary account was yanked with ne'er a word from TSM and I'm waiting for an email as I've been below quota due to that. I've counted and I've done 21 different accounts today alone. So ticked off at TSM. She can't even type a sentence with capitalization or punctuation for heaven's sake. ...

The Dictators Who Speak The Lowest
Mar 30, 2015

dictate in the noisiest areas. ...

What Is The Lowest Line Rate You Are Willing To Accept As An IC? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

I just applied for a job, aced the test, and have 18+ years experience.  I was offered .06 cpl to start, but will be "generously" bumped up to a whopping .07 cpl once I've proved myself.  I have never, ever been offered anything lower than .08 cpl in my entire career.  I did make 7.75 cpl one, but that was 15 years ago, working for the Q on a simple ER account with templates out the ying yang. I really feel insulted here.  Good grief... I would really appreciate some in ...

S/l "lowest Pattern" Of Degenerative Changes?
Mar 17, 2010

dictates:  X-rays were read as showing some hypertrophic changes in the s/l "lowest pattern or plane" of degenerative changes, but no acute fracture was noted.  This is a patient with low back pain....   ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

SPi America
Jan 31, 2010

Is anyone familiar with SPi, does anyone work there currently? how are they, are they hiring??? ...

Anybody Else Here From SPi America?
Sep 21, 2011

No work.  No manager.  No info on switchover to Acusis.  Nothing.  Anybody else feel like they've been deserted? ...

Please, Please Given Information On DTS America....sm
Mar 15, 2010

I asked some questions below regarding DTS America and yet no answers.  I see there have been 97 onlookers.  Could someone please, please give me their experience, good or bad, with DTS America.  I am just looking for answers.  Ultimately I will make my own decision, but it is still good to communicate and learn of various experiences.  I have tested and tested and tested, and would definitely love to not waste my time with a company that is truly bogus.  I have ran ...

To MedTrans Of America
Mar 26, 2010

I was really interested in the position that you had until I read that you pay $.07/line with NO SPACES.  It honestly sounds like some great work that I would love to do, but unfortunately your pay is too low and doesn't include spaces.  Good luck! ...

Transcription-America.com
Oct 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me about the reputation of Transcription-America.com? They offer a training program if you buy their books for $60, and then their software equipment (foot pedal, software CD, etc.) for $495.  They claim everything else is free. ...

Anybody Else Ever Worked For DTS-America?
Nov 02, 2010

Has anybody else ever worked for DTS-America? ...

MedServ Of America
Nov 02, 2010

Has anyone heard from MedServ?  I sent my resume, received an email and have heard nothing else.  TIA. ...

Does Anybody Work For DTS-America?
Nov 03, 2010

Does anybody work for DTS-America? ...

DTS AMERICA - 12/07/2010
Dec 07, 2010

DTS America is posting for Radiology Transcriptionists, full-time, 2 shifts.  What is the latest with DTS?  ...

Transcription-America
Jan 12, 2011

Anybody ever hear of Transcription-America?  Is it right to pay $515.00 for "required software" just to get a job? ...

DTS America, TO ALICIA
Feb 06, 2011

I never run out of work, as a matter of fact, they call me almost daily to work extra.  I've never had any problems with them, I do my job and do it well and they leave me alone.  The only ones I ever hear from are the help desk, and again, it is always to work extra.  They often send e-mails offering OT for certain accounts that tend to get backed up quite often.  The pay is good and they offer incentive for both PT and FT.  Just curious, did you get a job with the ...

America's Pride
Feb 13, 2015

Anyone currently working for AP? Appreciate any info ...

Any Recent Info On DTS America? Thank You !
Oct 24, 2009

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Looking For Information Good Or Bad On DTS America In TN. Thanks...nm
Mar 04, 2010

Would really appreciate any information on DTS America in Brentwood, TN.  Saw ad and thinking about applying, but would like to know if this is a bad company, then no need to waste my time.  ...

Medi-Tran America, Inc.
Apr 21, 2010

Does anyone have information on this company - good, bad?  TIA ...