A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Axolotl or Transtech - out-of-the loop

Posted: Oct 31, 2009

Could somebody give me some info on these two companies, i.e., pay, benefits, work flow steadiness, management, etc.?  Thank's in advance!

Transtech - 7DayMT

[ In Reply To ..]
have not worked for Axolotl.
Have worked for TT for 6 months.
Management and QA - very nice and helpful.
Benefits - I only elect dental and vision, don't know about the medical. They reimburse $40 for high speed internet.
Work flow - it was a little slow on my account when I first started (on Friday night/Saturdays only) but I had a backup and now there's plenty of work (on my account).
Pay - OK. My account is mostly VR. Don't make as much as I used to with regular transcription. There are shift differentials, sometimes offer bonuses.
Platforms - I use Escription, which I like (better than other VR programs). It's easy to use.

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank's for your reply :)

What is VR like? Are the doctors difficult, . . is it frustrating?

VR - 7DayMT

[ In Reply To ..]
As with straight transcription, there are difficult dictators. VR does do a pretty good job of picking up ESLs. Some of the VR comes through so well you can go through it fast with only a few corrections, while others have corrections to make in every line. Those are the ones that are frustating because you know you could have typed it yourself faster. Usually can get at least 350 lines an hour on this account.. most days not quite enough to equal what I used to make.
[ In Reply To ..]

350 lines an hour? That doesn't sound bad at all. Is this with Transtech? Do you know what they pay per line? Even though I love transcription, I might have to go with mostly VR. I've been doing this a long time, and my hands feel like they're going to fall off. Anybody else have pain in their pinkies?
Pain from MTing - MT1000
[ In Reply To ..]
I do, I have pain in my neck, shoulders, wrists.
Transtech VR pay half of regular line rate -- FYI - MTer
[ In Reply To ..]
Transtech just demanded VR be done by every MT, as most all of their accounts are going to VR. If you don't mind a cut in pay to one-half your regular line rate for correcting VR reports, then this could be the place for you. Work has been VERY low for the past year or so.

Axolotl - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Axolotl is very low on work right now, though they do pay downtime. I don't know if they are hiring, but would recommend applying through their website. Right now with the exception of one work type on one account is straight typing, but the plan is to transition to M*Modal eventually. I haven't heard much about it lately and don't know time frame. Required 1200 lpd. Very strict on schedule and QA has always been strict, but has gotten more so the last month. The use Lotus Notes, which is basically a database. You type is Word, use SpeedType expander. They supply all equipment/software. Daily feedback of QA, good tech support. Pay better than any other company I have seen, great benefits. Relatively small company that from what I can tell is content to be small and isn't striving to be the largest company. They are looking to grow, but slow and steady. They don't overhire. No offshore work.

Axolotl - Axolotl Ex

[ In Reply To ..]
Axolotl is a very good company, stable, solid. The account I worked on was almost entirely ESL dictators. QA is the strictest I have ever seen. They will nitpick you to death. If you can stand that, it will be a good company for you.

TT - TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for TT and just love it. Management and QA have been fantastic and helpful, ample work, decent pay which is always on time, PTO at 4 hours at pay period, and great incentive program with frequent bonuses on my account. I have medical, dental and vision for my husband and I through BS/BC and it's $214 each pay period for a pretty decent plan.

Hope that info helps in your decision.

Similar Messages:

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Axolotl MTs, Something Isn't Right
Mar 10, 2010

I don't know what is going on and as usual the communication sucks, but I'm more than a little concerned.  ...

Has Anyone Gotten Their W2 From Axolotl Yet? Nm
Jan 25, 2011

s ...

Axolotl?
Feb 10, 2014

I know they were bought out a few years ago but I heard through the grapevine United Health was getting rid of the whole transcription department is being let go this year. So sorry for those who will be affected if its true.   ...

Axolotl Transcriptionists
May 26, 2010

I wouIld like to know what your opinion is on M-modal.  Do you like it or not?  Is it helpful to you?  Are you being nit-picked to death about it? ...

Does Anyone Know If Axolotl Is Hiring?
Sep 01, 2010

There were positive posts about them in the past.  Don't know where they advertise when they do hire.    ...

Anyone Left At Axolotl/UHG?
Nov 04, 2013

They had layoffs a few months back.  Wondering if the transcription dept. is completely gone now or not. ...

What's Up At Axolotl These Days?
Mar 03, 2014

What's up at Axolotl these days?  Are you guys still on the job? ...

Axolotl - Anyone Else Losing Serious Money Here?
Mar 03, 2010

Is it only me or is anyone else losing serious money here?  for the past 6 months I have NOT been able to make more than 950 dollars a month take-home.  now with the new program my pay is even less.  Please, is this happening to anyone else or am I being singled out.  no matter what I do I cannot make more than 220 to 250 dollars a week in may paycheck, and am onily getting paid twice a month.  I am short about 6 hours with mmodal now.  IS IT JUST ME they are doing this to?  ...

Does Axolotl Have An Incentive Plan?
Jul 28, 2010

Hi--have seen mixed opinions about Axolotl from this board, especially lately. Considering switching from my current company as the M-Modal is awful and line count is suffering a lot because of it. What I'd like to know is: - Does Axolotl have an incentive plan based on lines produced? - Are full time employees required to work 40 hours a week and stick to a set-in-stone schedule, and are you required to work a weekend day? - Is there plenty of work to go around and i ...

How Are Things At Axolotl Since The Buyout? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

s ...

Axolotl - Anyone Know How This MTSO Is Doing Since The Buyout? (nm)
Jan 22, 2011

nm ...

United Health/Axolotl
Aug 06, 2011

Recently started with Axolotl (now part of United Health Group). I have 18 years experience and the account they put me on has to be THE WORST I have ever experienced, 99.9% horrible ESL's, on top of which their M*Modal platform is very, very slow. I have worked at other companies using M*Modal and did not find this to be the case with them. This account is VR and they pay by the hour because apparently the dictators and platform are so bad, an MT can't make any money by the line. Also ...

Got A Call From Axolotl Today About Interviewing
Sep 30, 2010

Got a call from Axolotl today about interviewing. Have heard good things in the past, but saw they were just acquired by another company. Any current employees with advice? Pay rates/platform? Is it straight MT or do they have VR also? Affordable benefits? Would appreciate any information. Comfortable(ish) at current job, would hate to leave and then have transcription phased out or pay cut. Thanks in advance for any info! ...

Is Anyone Else Concerned About Axolotl, Formerly Ingenix And Now Optuminsight??
Oct 11, 2011

I am sorry to bring this up here, but I just wanted to know if anyone else who works for Optuminsight, or Axolotl is concerned about where the transcription portion of the company is going?  I have noticed the workload has diminshed significantly since the takeover.  There have been people who have been there for a significant amount of time retiring or quitting.  Even the Optuminsight website says nothing about transcription nor does United Health Group.  The letter to the c ...

Looking For Axolotl/OI Employee To Sign Petition.
Jan 28, 2013

An ex-Axolotl/Optum Insight employee was looking for 3 others to sign a petition for TAA.  I didn't sign at the time, but am now interested in signing.  I've checked January archives and I don't see the post.  Archives showing Jan-Mar and not prior. ...

Ex Axolotl/OptumInsight/Ingenix/UHG MTs Please Read
Jul 10, 2013

2 MTs are filing a TAA petition.  3 are needed to apply online ourselves.   It is just a petition, nothing against the employer and, if nothing comes of it, at least we stood up to let the federal government know we are losing our jobs to overseas and due to technology.  You would think we could get some help as IT people, auto industry, and many others do get assistance when their jobs are lost.   It would be an interesting statistic to see how many MTs in this country hav ...

Anyone A Little Worried And Frustrated With The Ingenix/Axolotl Merge?
Oct 06, 2010

I have been with this company for a while now and completely loved Ax before this merger happened.  I just wondered if anyone else was feeling really stressed out and out of sorts because of all of the changes taking place?  So many things are up in the air.  Too much stress.  ...

Is Axolotl/OptumInsight Still In Business? The Transcription Part.
Jan 01, 2013

X ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...

Last Day At TransTech
Jul 31, 2012

I've been with TT for about 6 years but was recently offered an in house job at 4x the pay and really great benefits. I have to say I really enjoyed working for TT other than the times of low volume and I would recommend them. Things have changed for me and I can't turn down this opportunity but I do wish them well. ...

Transtech ?
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone know if they hire part time?  I know I have seen comments about them running out of work, but that seems to be a common thing among most of the companies anymore.  ...